Rockband 3 online servers down?

Hey, does anyone know if the rockband 3 online servers are still operational?

Haven't been able to connect to rock central for two weekly sessions now.

Thanks!

Comments

• kenekekeneke Road Warrior
    So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the RB3 online servers are down and out for the count.

Shame we haven't heard anything official :-(

Just looking for an answer, not trying to stir anything up.

Cheers
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Unfortunately neither HMX, nor much of the community visits this part of the forum much anymore, so getting an answer here is trying at best. I think they are still up and running, but haven’t checked myself for some time now. If no other response in here before this weekend, I’ll try logging on and see if any luck. BTW, are you XBL or PSN?
    I'm on psn.

I posted a similar thread in the main rock band forum, it got taken down.

Thanks for checking!
    Yeah, they’ll (or possibly Loopy will) move these type questions into the support area just so someone at HMX sees it, but they still won’t necessarily respond. In any event, I’m also on PSN and will check... maybe have a chance tomorrow when I get home from work, but definitely by the weekend.
  • I was just now unable to connect. My friends and I are planning to play online on New Year's Day. Hope they can get the servers up soon.
  • BTW, we're on PSN.
    Thanks for the info, appreciated!

If you don't mind me asking, are you in Canada, the States or somewhere else? We're trying to find out if it might be our isp.

Cheers
  • US...Florida to be more exact
  • Friends are in Minnesota
    Hmm, so it's likely not our isp. Dang.

It would be nice if we knew what's going on.

Thanks!
    Sorry @keneke for the delay... went out of town and forgot to check when I returned... I did check today though and unfortunately it does seem down for now. Im guessing it’s temporary and maybe (?) has something to do with HMX testing the new on line system for RB4 that is supposed to be implemented sometime at the beginning of 2018.... maybe not related at all. In any event, seeing as much of HMX is on hiatus until after the New Year, it might not be up until they’re back in office and someone “flips the right switch”. In the meantime, but sure to sub,it a trouble ticket to make sure they’re aware. Good luck!
    No worries man. I'll submit a ticket and see where it goes.

Cheers and happy new year!
    Same to you!
  • geezers2geezers2 Unsigned
    Thanks for submitting the trouble ticket. I'll try to connect a little later just to see if something might've changed. Still hopeful that my friends and I can have some online fun today.
    I was hopeful but not surprised when I was unable to connect to the server. Ah well. Maybe some time soon.
    I sent a trouble ticket in. They had me try something, no joy. We'll see what's next.
    And the ticket is now solved without an expected time for fix.

So back to my original posts thoughts:

'So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the RB3 online servers are down and out for the count.'
    Well that's a real shame.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I wouldn't assume that the RB3 online servers are out forever. HMX would announce a big move like that. Too many people still play on PS3 online. I'm guessing that the holidays have a lot to do with it. They deserve time off like everyone else. I'm sure they were pretty much burnt toast by the end of the year, and when they get back in and have the chance, they'll take care of it. Probably not at the top of their agenda right now though unfortunately. Sorry you haven't been able to connect with your friends. I have friends who haven't made the jump to ps4 yet. We still play on ps3 online. I would not want to lose that ability, as they are long time friends that I really enjoy playing with. Good luck.
    The outage started at the end of November. We'd experienced weekly issues before, but when it dragged on, I started asking questions and logging a ticket.

Has nothing to do with the holidays.

And I honestly doubt we'll see RB3 servers back up, my 2 cents.
    Another week of no access to rock central goes by.

And nothing from Harmonix on it ... sigh.
    RKBDGURL's comment sparked some hope in me so I'm not willing to give up yet. I was going to submit another ticket just so it doesn't fall off the face of the earth but I don't see anywhere on this forum to do that. Do I need to go to a different site? Please point me in the right direction of post a link. Maybe if all of us submit a ticket they'll get the idea.
    Well they closed my ticket with no resolution. "Thank you for taking the time to log this report and for all of the valuable information you’ve provided so far. We don’t have an ETA for a fix at this time, but we’ve taken note of your experience and logged it for investigation. In the meantime, we’re going to close this ticket."
    Exact same response I got.

But they did have me do a hard reset on my ps3 first, lol.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    It makes no sense to me to close tickets for open issues. If you are a continuous improvement type of firm, the metrics from similar issues and how long they've been open can really help you focus your limited resources.

But then again I know exactly why they close tickets immediately. In the quest for "metrics driven continuous process improvement", firms typically choose the wrong metrics and IT houses focus on the easiest to measure metric: days open for each ticket as the only focus. This approach results in tickets closing early without being resolved so that average ticket time is lower and everybody can pat each other on the back falsely claiming "good job everybody". Writing new tickets on the same topic actually hurts the process as those, too, are closed immediately as a "known issue", thus resulting in even quicker ticket closures and more pats on the back.

It's a systemic problem when firms half-arse the metrics driven approach and don't choose worthy metrics to track, or only pick easy ones so they can look good without actually improving their processes.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    Well, that's unfortunate. Perhaps they have received a lot of reports from others on this, and they are just bogged down atm. It is disappointing that they've left the server down this long now. That is unusual. I would still want to give them the benefit of the doubt at least a bit longer. Perhaps if you bring it up in their twitter and facebook pages, other players may chime in on this.
    @rkbdgurl took your advice and tweeted to rockband asking about rock central, crickets ...

Nuff said for me.
  • TobyPMTobyPM Unsigned
    I'm currently connected to the rock band central servers. I'm on PS3 and live in the UK if that makes a difference.
    Thanks for the info TobyPM. At least someone can connect. Not sure why we're having such a hard time.