Should there be a Rock Band Blitz 2?

fester420fester420 Unsigned
edited December 2017 in Rock Band
I had to get rid of my PS3 and the only game out of the hundreds I’ve owned that I actually miss is Rock Band Blitz. Who else thinks Harmonix needs to get on a sequel for current gen ASAP?

Should there be a Rock Band Blitz 2? 78 votes

Yes
80%
SmashManbonethug0108ggQcLoopyChewgufaziekffazrGroudon199Delibird444itzJVNoThru22firedoom666twistedoakjaystonepkSCFoxLord_MhoramEmalytheNavyCherubWoodenGloryGraffinzage1337 63 votes
No
19%
olddrummerRated_R_SuperstarLordFlatustdc002KrS_OnEBURNER247DrowGamer77DangimarockerMACINBLACKtnevakerzorbak00DrvOvrItdrum-machineKKFan5HerdULiek2015 15 votes

Comments

• Yes
    100% agree but it has to bring a good setlist to the main game to make it sell better
  • Yes
    I voted Yes, mainly for the set list to export to RB4.
  • Yes
    Without a doubt my most longed-for addition to RB4. In fact, really the only thing I want outside of more DLC...and RBN tracks back...and album sorting.
  • Yes
    Rock band Blitz VR
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2017
    No
    tnevaker said:

i'd rather the HMX developers' time was spent on improving and enhancing RB4.

Samesies. There's still a ton missing from RB4. Or even just spend the time making more DLC.

I know a lot of people on these boards liked Blitz, but Blitz fans are a niche group of what's already a small, cult fanbase. It's a fraction of a fraction; the audience isn't that big. I doubt the original Blitz even sold that well, given that the price dropped to like $5 months after launch (not that I've seen sales figures or anything, just a hunch).
  • Blitz was always $15 standard price.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    No
    HMXOwl said:

Blitz was always $15 standard price.

Oops, guess I misremembered. Am I thinking of a sale then? I just remember buying the game for $15, then shortly thereafter, seeing the discounted price and thinking, "Man, if only I waited [x amount of weeks]."
  • It was on sale a handful of times, yeah. I don't know if EVERY sale was that deep, but some were.
  • Yes
    It should be an expansion not stand alone. The big reason for that is that if it's an expansion to the game we already own then we get to play all of the new Rock Band 4 songs we have gotten but don't forget we finally would get to play Rock Band 3 songs that we never got to play on the original Blitz. Also, if they would go a Fig campaign I would contribute hundreds to help get this thing off the ground. It needs to happen please HMX!!
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    edited December 2017
    Yes
    I would love to see a Blitz expansion, improved RB4 features and increased DLC. How can we make this happen? I have a little experience in coding, IT, troubleshooting and, if I do say so myself, I have a mean bass face. Would that qualify me for office lackey?
  • Yes
    @HMXOwl should troll us by clicking YES on the poll.
  • No
    Only reason I’m clicking no is because I don’t think they should waste their finances at this time. I’d rather get more
    Dlc .
    Otherwise if they have the finances than sure I did enjoy the game for what it was.
  • Yes

It should be an expansion not stand alone. The big reason for that is that if it's an expansion to the game we already own then we get to play all of the new Rock Band 4 songs we have gotten but don't forget we finally would get to play Rock Band 3 songs that we never got to play on the original Blitz. Also, if they would go the Kickstarter campaign route, I would contribute hundreds to help get this thing off the ground. It needs to happen please HMX!!

Bolded and italicized for emphasis.
  • Yes
    I would love to see an updated Blitz for the newer consoles.

Harmonix could do Blitz just as well as Rock Band VR, or dropmix, or Super Beat Sports, or Fantasia.... There's been lots of other projects besides Rock Band 4.

As for the comments on sales, I would love to see sales of every game Harmonix has done for the newer consoles. Have they made money? Have they lost money? What has sold well versus making money due to another company footing the bill? Would Blitz be that risky of an investment to make?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 2017

It should be an expansion not stand alone. The big reason for that is that if it's an expansion to the game we already own then we get to play all of the new Rock Band 4 songs we have gotten but don't forget we finally would get to play Rock Band 3 songs that we never got to play on the original Blitz. Also, if they would go the Kickstarter campaign route, I would contribute hundreds to help get this thing off the ground. It needs to happen please HMX!!

Bolded and italicized for emphasis.
    I'm gonna go ahead and disagree ... sure, as the already-invested people we are here the expansion concept looks all well and good to us, but the fact is, if such a project were to be undertaken it would be with the goal of hooking more people into the franchise. Being its own title, showing up as a game in its own right in the console storefronts, it getting reviewed as a standalone game in all the usual review outlets... could be very important in getting people to try it knowing there's no extra-hardware involved to just give B2 a spin, and maybe after they're happy with that they start thinking "Hey, if I go buy RB4 now, I've already got all these bonus songs waiting for me...".

Also, this generation, everything is installed to hard drive anyway. Blitz last gen couldn't read/play RB3 tracks because for most players, those songs were only on the RB3 disc and read by RB3 at play time, not resident on the hard drive. This gen, the RB4 songs are resident on the hard drive (even people who own the 'disc version', the game doesn't stream the tracks off the optical drive anymore, it long since copied them to hard drive). A Blitz game this gen *could* be programmed to include the RB4 'disc' songs, because for every RB4 owner, those songs are already there, no disc required.
  • Yes
    It was more as we know NOW the reasons why Fig wasn't the best route at the time.

I agree with the rest of your points.
  • Yes
    If they made it now, I'd buy it for sure and play it for a few hours at least.
    If and when we reach the point that no company is willing and able to manufacture instruments, at that point we would absolutely need a version of Blitz that runs on the current consoles.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Yes
    I wish there as a Blitz Mode built into RB4. It'll give people another way of enjoying the game, especially those people that are waiting to find instruments but wanna play RB4 right away even if it's just Blitz Mode available.
  • I'm actually on the fence with this question. on the one hand I want to vote yes, but only if the setlist is worth it. as far as the actual game itself though I would vote no, just because I only played it once or twice, not really my kind of game.
  • No
    tnevaker said:

i'd rather the HMX developers' time was spent on improving and enhancing RB4.

This.
  • Yes
    I see people wanting to get a set of songs if it is ever released but I'll be honest it's cool either way it's not a deal breaker considering I have over 1800 songs to play.
  • Yes
    Would absolutely love it to be released for the new consoles. Either as a RB4 expansion, or a standalone. Would put my money down pretty quick. Put many hours into it. I think I stopped because I could never get gold stars on "Shout" by Tears For Fears. Was the only thing I needed to 100% the game. Could never get it on that song, always screwed something up lol
  • Yes
    Peaky1969 said:

Would absolutely love it to be released for the new consoles. Either as a RB4 expansion, or a standalone. Would put my money down pretty quick. Put many hours into it. I think I stopped because I could never get gold stars on "Shout" by Tears For Fears. Was the only thing I needed to 100% the game. Could never get it on that song, always screwed something up lol

That song took me forever to gold star. One song that I made me the maddest was "One Vision" by Queen.
  • Yes
    I think I got GS on both of those using Keys. My nemesis was Cult of Personality. I played that song over 120 times tying to GS that SOB.
  • I used the Jackpot + Super Guitar trick for Shout, those points really stack up when you get to the sustains after the guitar solo.
  • Yes
    Give me some tips for "One Vision."
  • Yes
    Yeah, I am SO CLOSE to getting all of the trophies, I'm willing to resort to looking for tips.
    Do power-ups still work? The servers were down for a while. Not permanently?
  • Yes
    Shout was definitely Keys and Jackpot. One Vision maybe the same. Long sustains and Jackpot worked well for a few of my troublesome songs.