DLC Prediction January 2018: New Year, New Songs

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2017
    V8VANTAGE said:

I predict a riot.

Riot 01:
    Quiet Riot - "Cum on Feel the Noize"
    How have we not got this song already? Both the rights holders to the slade version and the quiet riot version got ok'd for a "as made famous by Quiet Riot" for power gig (I think it was). Admittedly that was quite a good cover (even better if they'd pitched up everything half a step).
    Rock Revolution, the music game which only had 2 songs that weren't AMFB covers (Paralyzer, Given Up).
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 2017
    I don't think it's a question of 'like'. It's a question of prominence. They had exactly 3 songs that charted on the Billboard 100. They have exactly 3 songs that are prominent enough to have their own Wikipedia page. It's the three Aim mentioned.

I mean, Skid Row's "Riot Act" is similarly not-prominent, but my post was actually intended as a joke and not a DLC wishlist.

Rock Band is not at the point where we get album cuts and low-tier singles from niche artists anymore.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

I'd be disappointed if the next time we saw Quiet Riot in RB didn't include The Wild and the Young.

Nah.. I'm a pretty huge hair-metal fan, but as far as I'm concerned, Quiet Riot only ever recorded 3 good songs:

Bang Your Head
    Cum on Feel the Noise
    Mama Weer All Crazee Now

I’d love to have Run for Cover personally
  • I’d love to get a hair metal pack with three new songs. At this point give me anything
    Hair Metal 3 pack:
    Poison - Fallen Angel
    Skid Row - I Remember You
    Mötley Crüe - Too Young to Fall in Love

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Really think Warrant's "Heaven" and Crue's "Home Sweet Home" are higher on the pecking order than Fallen Angel and TYtFiL...

But you know I'm a dreamer.
  • Not putting out Home Sweet Home during the RB3 era when we had a keyboard was criminal. Also would have liked Great White's The Angel Song
  • 1980s hard rock bands tended to have their biggest hits be ballads due to the crossover appeal, but you don't want to overload a pack with ballads in general and especially because they tend to be easy for everyone but the vocalist. I think one per three pack works.

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home
    Too Young To Fall In Love

Wild Side for a four pack
  • This could work for Valentines:
    Whitesnake - "Is This Love"
    Skid Row - "I Remember You"
    Tesla - "Love Song"

That or a Maroon 5 pack was going to be my prediction in the February prediction thread.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I’d like to add Slick Black Cadillac to the aforementioned list of Quiet Riot songs still needed...

If we can get the original version when Randy Rhoads was in the band, that’d be best.

Really think Warrant's "Heaven" and Crue's "Home Sweet Home" are higher on the pecking order than Fallen Angel and TYtFiL...

But you know I'm a dreamer.

It was more of a personal wishlist 3 pack, but I’d definitely love those two as well
  • As far as "hair metal" goes (again, ugh to labeling), though there are a tonne of songs I'd love, I think my most wanted is Uncle Tom's Cabin. Perfect for the game. And for me.

I'm assuming Heaven would be next in line, though.
  • the likes of the Rolling Stones, Guns 'n Roses...or to use bands we've actually gotten...U2 and Van Halen...

Fun fact: all four of those bands are in my rock band library.
  • the likes of the Rolling Stones, Guns 'n Roses...or to use bands we've actually gotten...U2 and Van Halen...

I don’t have any GnR in my library.. Not that the available songs are all that bad, it’s just that I don’t want my friends to see the band name and go crazy.. and then not see ANY of the songs they recognize and be majorly disappointed..

I don’t have any GnR in my library.. Not that the available songs are all that bad, it’s just that I don’t want my friends to see the band name and go crazy.. and then not see ANY of the songs they recognize and be majorly disappointed..
    Maybe it's time to teach them something new. I mean, Better is freakin' amazing. Really fun to play, too.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2017

the likes of the Rolling Stones, Guns 'n Roses...or to use bands we've actually gotten...U2 and Van Halen...

You don't have delisted DLC regrets?
  • tdc002 said:

BaronRob said:

1980s hard rock bands tended to have their biggest hits be ballads due to the crossover appeal, but you don't want to overload a pack with ballads in general and especially because they tend to be easy for everyone but the vocalist. I think one per three pack works.

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home

It's kinda crazy how on board with Rock Band Motley Crue was in 2008. We got Saints of Los Angeles in April 2008 before it was even released to radio! Then two Crue Fest tie in packs in July and August, then the entire Dr. Feelgood album in October, then nothing! It's not like Motley Crue had any shortage of hits in the '80s. I'm not a huge Motley Crue fan, but I'd love to get Shout at the Devil, Girls, Girls, Girls, or Home Sweet Home in 2018.

If they can get Radiohead back after a 10 year break from Rock Band, hopefully they can license more Motley Crue.
    Possibly GH exclusivity? GH started getting Motley Crue originals in 2009.
    I feel like they could make a Crüe 6 pack easy
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited December 2017
    V8VANTAGE said:

I predict a riot.

Riot 01:
    Quiet Riot - "Cum on Feel the Noize"
    How have we not got this song already? Both the rights holders to the slade version and the quiet riot version got ok'd for a "as made famous by Quiet Riot" for power gig (I think it was). Admittedly that was quite a good cover (even better if they'd pitched up everything half a step).
    Powergig suckered a few "guitar games suck! Learn real guitar" bands in with the false promise of teaching you real guitar. DMB and Kid Rock jumped on board with exclusivity because of that (who knows why DMB later changed their stance).

It could be the Slade members are part of that "learn real guitar" mentality.

Or maybe they didn't have good masters, which isn't an issue so much now but was rare back then. So maybe it's just one they haven't tried to go back to yet.

Edit:
    So it was on Rock Revolution instead. Perhaps that experience soured the Slade members to music games.
  • BaronRob said:

1980s hard rock bands tended to have their biggest hits be ballads due to the crossover appeal, but you don't want to overload a pack with ballads in general and especially because they tend to be easy for everyone but the vocalist. I think one per three pack works.

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home

A 3/4 Crue pack and NO Shout at the Devil? You cray cray.
  • BaronRob said:

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home

I can totally see getting Shout At The Devil over Live Wire or Too Young for sure.
  • If we're talking Crue, I'd like to see:

Shout At the Devil
    Looks That Kill
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Wild Side

If we're going crazy, I'd also like to see:

Smoking In The Boys Room
    Home Sweet Home
  • If we're talking Crue, I'd like to see:

Shout At the Devil
    Looks That Kill
    Girls, Girls, Girls
    Wild Side

If we're going crazy, I'd also like to see:

Smoking In The Boys Room
    Home Sweet Home

I likey!
    Forgot about Looks that Kill! That's a great one!

You don't have delisted DLC regrets?
    I don't.
    At least not with GNR.
    I totally blew it with some RHCP and a few other songs, but none of Axl's newer GNR stuff does it for me.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

BaronRob said:

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home

It's kinda crazy how on board with Rock Band Motley Crue was in 2008. We got Saints of Los Angeles in April 2008 before it was even released to radio! Then two Crue Fest tie in packs in July and August, then the entire Dr. Feelgood album in October, then nothing! It's not like Motley Crue had any shortage of hits in the '80s. I'm not a huge Motley Crue fan, but I'd love to get Shout at the Devil, Girls, Girls, Girls, or Home Sweet Home in 2018.

If they can get Radiohead back after a 10 year break from Rock Band, hopefully they can license more Motley Crue.
    I thought the only Motley Crue songs Guitar Hero had were "Looks That Kill" and "Girls, Girls, Girls." I doubt they would've signed them to an exclusivity deal and only gotten two songs out of it.

Only a handful of bands were actually exclusive to Guitar Hero (Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, and Taylor Swift). Harmonix has said in there past there are tons of bands people assumed had exclusivity deals with Guitar Hero, but never actually did (like Muse, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger, etc). A lot of people assumed just because Guitar Hero had an artist that Rock Band didn't, that meant Guitar Hero signed them to an exclusivity contract, which wasn't the case. Guitar Hero just had a bigger budget and more money to throw at artists.
  • BaronRob said:

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home

Too Young To Fall In Love > Shout

But clearly, the pack needs to be larger:

Live Wire
    On With The Show
    Looks That Kill
    Shout At The Devil
    Home Sweet Home
    Smoking In The Boys Room
    Girls Girls Girls
    Wild Side
    Primal Scream
    Driftaway
    New Tattoo
  • tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

BaronRob said:

Let's go all Motley:
    Live Wire
    Home Sweet Home

I thought the only Motley Crue songs Guitar Hero had were "Looks That Kill" and "Girls, Girls, Girls." I doubt they would've signed them to an exclusivity deal and only gotten two songs out of it.

Only a handful of bands were actually exclusive to Guitar Hero (Aerosmith, Metallica, Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, and Taylor Swift). Harmonix has said in there past there are tons of bands people assumed had exclusivity deals with Guitar Hero, but never actually did (like Muse, Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger, etc). A lot of people assumed just because Guitar Hero had an artist that Rock Band didn't, that meant Guitar Hero signed them to an exclusivity contract, which wasn't the case. Guitar Hero just had a bigger budget and more money to throw at artists.
    Guitar Hero Smash Hits had Shout at the Devil.
This discussion has been closed.