DLC Prediction January 2018: New Year, New Songs

Comments

• edited January 11
    I'm thinking this week's upcoming Weekly Challenge theme for Season 4 will be Rock and Indie Rock, considering that the KROQ Local Artists packs are a mix of those (2 Rock, 3 Indie Rock). So I'm going to change my predictions based on that.

January 1/18: Rock, Indie Rock, Punk, & Emo
    - Band of Horses - Casual Party (Rock Band VR Song)
    - Kongos - Come With Me Now (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (Lego: Rock Band Rewind)

The other Spotlight Songs will be Who's Your Lover? (Nightmare Air) and Take Me To Church (Hozier).

January 1/25: Pop-Rock, Pop/Dance/Electronic, R&B/Soul/Funk, & Hiphop/Rap
    - Against The Current - Running With The Wild Things (Rock Band VR Song)
    - CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
    - Raspberries - Go All The Way (Spotlight Pass Song)

The other Spotlight Songs will be Mean Girls (Petty Morals) and Just Dance (Lady Gaga).

And my predictions for the Spotlight Pass Songs for the remaining Weeks.

- February 1st: Alternative & Grunge (Spotlight Song: The Man (The Killers)
    - February 8th: New Wave & Raggae/Ska (Spotlight Song: She Blinded Me With Science (Thomas Dolby)
    - February 15th: Classic Rock (Spotlight Song: The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)
    - February 22nd: Country, Blues, & Southern Rock (Spotlight Song: Jolene (Dolly Parton)

UPDATE: Updated my predictions for the 3rd and 4th Weeks of January and added predictions for the Spotlight Pass songs.
  • edited January 9
    As there's a hint telling "it makes noise", they are early free songs from L.A... the big surprise might be "Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot, a band born on L.A.?
  • Given the 5 free songs are sorted under Rock and Indie Rock, I definitely think this is the week we'll get A-Punk and/or some more of the new RBVR songs.
  • I think this season may be based or world regions, starting with U.S. West Coast, but who knows.
  • edited January 9

I think this season may be based or world regions, starting with U.S. West Coast, but who knows.

Season 4's theme has already been confirmed to be Genres.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 9
    tdc002 said:

Given the 5 free songs are sorted under Rock and Indie Rock, I definitely think this is the week we'll get A-Punk and/or some more of the new RBVR songs.

Yeah, it would be kind weird to give us 5 free songs and have none of them playable in the Rivals Challenge that week. Maybe we'll get "A-Punk" as a rewind along with "Casual Party" by Band of Horses and some other indie rock song as the Spotlight? It seems like they're mostly keeping the Spotlight to new stuff, rather than RBVR content people have been expecting for months now.
    On the other hand, we've only got 2 new RBVR songs since the spotlight passes existed (Postpone in late August, Float in mid-September). The total RBVR transfer has been rather steady over the past 10 months, it started off as new song focus with a few rewinds here and there (One Way or Another, Beast and the Harlot, Go Your Own Way, Down With the Sickness, Testify in the space of 4 months) then when the spotlight passes started the focus turned to rewinds with mostly 1 rewind per week.

Here we are now with only 1 rewind left from RBVR (Alive) so I think we'll start to see more of the new songs. I also wouldn't count out Church Bells, Maps and Birds as potential spotlight pass songs eventually given they are definitely big enough.
  • Maybe this is the week they moved the previously planned late announcement that resulted in no DLC to and it's late again?
  • Nah, it's just a week where we've got a release on Tuesday. No interest in stepping on our own toes!
  • Is A-Punk on DropMix or something?
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

Is A-Punk on DropMix or something?

Yes, it's the only missing potential Rewind in Dropmix, hence people predicting it. All other potential Rewinds in Dropmix (Down with the Sickness, The Final Countdown, I Want You Back) have already been released for RB4 (though to be fair, 2 out of 3 were also in RBVR).
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited January 9

Yes, it's a wild card in a card set that hasn't come out yet. I think it's "Chiller"
    EDIT: Beaten
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 9
    @MemoDLSG Yeah, I Want You Back being released back in October was the key point suggesting A-Punk coming.
  • HMXOwl said:

Nah, it's just a week where we've got a release on Tuesday. No interest in stepping on our own toes!

I see. Did we get that other week that was delayed yet?
  • My prediction for DLC this week:
    Band of Horses- Casual Party
    Vampire Weekend- A-Punk
    Arcade Fire- Everything Now
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited January 9
    GLaDOS said:

Yes, it's a wild card in a card set that hasn't come out yet. I think it's "Chiller"
    EDIT: Beaten
    That explains why I looked up DropMix songs and didn't see that one.

So after Alive and A-Punk rewinds may be done. A few more off of VR. And then perhaps some more from DM.

I looked over the Rap/Hip-Hop on DM and would really like all of those. Fingers crossed we do get some combo of genres including rap one week and we get a couple of those at least (REALLY need Bust a Move).
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I've wanted "Temperature" since always so I too really hope we see all of those make it over in a rap week.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

My prediction for DLC this week:
    Vampire Weekend- A-Punk

I'd love to see some Arcade Fire, but I think Everything Now would be super repetitive to play, and not that much fun. I feel like we'd definitely get something off the new album though.

It's a shame Rock Band doesn't have the same DLC output it had in the good ol' days. Arcade Fire could easily fill a six pack of songs.
  • tdc002 said:

My prediction for DLC this week:
    Vampire Weekend- A-Punk

I'd love to see some Arcade Fire, but I think Everything Now would be super repetitive to play, and not that much fun. I feel like we'd definitely get something off the new album though.

It's a shame Rock Band doesn't have the same DLC output it had in the good ol' days. Arcade Fire could easily fill a six pack of songs.
    I agree with ya :)
    Oh and Revivalists- Wish I Knew You would be another good indie-ish track.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 10
    I think Creature Comfort would be the best Rock Band candidate song off Everything Now.

Hey, the video already has the lead and harmony vocal scroll for us!
  • I like Creature Comfort way more :) That's probably my favorite off the newest album.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Two Skid Row songs in one pack? Hmm.
  • This week confirms that rewinds are here to stay in the long term as Here I Go Again isn't in any 2017 HMX game.
  • Man I like Skid Row but come on how about some variety
  • This ENTIRE PAST YEAR AND CURRENT STATE OF THE FRANCHISE confirms that rewinds are here to stay in the long term.

Give them enought time, and all the notable on-disc songs from every game save for Green Day (which already IS all DLC), will be a Rewind. Just you watch.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I take it the rivals challenge will be a glam week.
  • This ENTIRE PAST YEAR AND CURRENT STATE OF THE FRANCHISE confirms that rewinds are here to stay in the long term.

Give them enought time, and all the notable on-disc songs from every game save for Green Day (which already IS all DLC), will be a Rewind. Just you watch.
    Disagree with the bolded edit given every rewind since RBVR launch before this week except Free Bird has been from a 2017 HMX game so rewinds could have mainly been just a side result of HMX making other games.

Given this week's DLC though, I do agree with your reply.

Disagree with the bolded edit given every rewind since RBVR launch before this week except Free Bird has been from a 2017 HMX game so rewinds could have mainly been just a side result of HMX making other games.

Given this week's DLC though, I do agree with your reply.
    I thought the whole point of them was to give people who never exported previous games a taste of some of the better selections from those games' soundtracks.

Could it have been a side effect of them making new stuff? Sure, but don't discount that it ALSO could've been a way to combine these two ideas together. Of making previously delisted stuff available again, while ALSO finding a new way to sustain extra content for the game in some way.

At least there's no Rock Band League for e-sports yet (VVV Gaming already did that pretty decently :p)
  • Tomorrow's challenge is all Metal, Nu-Metal, Prog and Glam so I think it's safe to assume those genres will not feature as DLC in the rest of the season.
  • Tomorrow's challenge is all Metal, Nu-Metal, Prog and Glam so I think it's safe to assume those genres will not feature as DLC in the rest of the season.

Man and Metal, Nu-Metal, and Prog were the weeks I was looking forward to the most