Fritzy Katz's Rock Band 5 2018 Wishlist (With Tiers and Wishlist DLC)

Comments

• edited December 4
    Another Tracklist Song, as well as a Wishlist DLC for this thread has been announced as official Rock Band DLC. :D

- And those songs are Crazy On You and Magic Man by Heart, from the album, Dreamboat Annie

For some time, I've been waiting for the day that Crazy On You and Magic Man would make their debut in Rock Band proper since when the game came out. They are songs that are not only one of my favorite Classic Rock songs, and one of my favorite songs that has Female vocals, but they are also songs that I grew up listening to during my childhood, as my family owned Dreamboat Annie when I was still in kindergarten age. And I am so happy that they are coming to Rock Band as official Rock Band DLC finally.

So, once again, since these two songs are new songs, I will be awaiting @MCSMeister's Tier comparison once these two comes out. And once that does, I shall be replacing Crazy On You with a new song once the tier comparisons are done. :)

Oh yes, I just also realized that I was supposed to be revealing a song for my Advent Calendar Pack yesterday. Well, I kinda forgot as I was reliving an old favorite of mine from the PS2 that is being re-released on Nintendo Switch (The game I'm referring to is Katamari Damacy). But anyways, hear it is, the Advent Calendar Pack song that was supposed to be coming out yesterday.

- She's Got a Girlfriend Now by Reel Big Fish (Feat. Monique Powell from Save Ferris as guest vocalist)

Ska-Punk is heavily under-represented in Rock Band sadly. And even though, we have 2 songs from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, 3 songs from Sublime, and 1 song by Save Ferris, it's still not enough. As a huge fan of Ska-Punk music, I would love to have more. Especially Reel Big Fish, which has yet to make a debut in Rock Band. And this song, She's Got a Girlfriend Now, which is from their commercially successful album, Turn The Radio Off, is a good song from them that I like, that features guest vocals from Save Ferris' Monique Powell, is a good example of a really good Ska-Punk song that I would love to play on Rock Band, one day.

I'll be revealing today's Advent Calendar Pack song later today. :)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited December 4
    Super excited to play both of these! I should mention, @SoConfined also tiered both of these for me back in 2012 (links for "Crazy on You" and "Magic Man"). For fun, I think I'll make both of these three-way comparisons with his tiers. Depending on how this week looks, I might get them up later than usual (plus it's two comparisons instead of one), but we'll see.
  • edited December 5
    @MCSMeister Thanks for showing me the tiers (I'm amazed that I've nearly matched @SoConfined on most of the instruments on Magic Man (The only one that differs from mine and his is the vocals) which is interesting)

Anyways, it's time for me to reveal today's song for the Advent Calendar Pack just before it hits midnight. :)

- Get Up by Shinedown

The fourth song in the Advent Calendar Pack is Get Up by Shinedown, from the album, Attention Attention. This song is currently the No.1 Song on the Mainstream Rock Charts (For now), which is my reasoning for choosing it. Upon listening to it just now, I can hear that it sounds quite different from the usual sound that I normally hear from Shinedown from their earlier works, and more similar to certain "Alternative" bands (I'm sure you know whom I'm referring to). It's quite a nice song that I liked, but still I liked Shinedown's earlier works better (Especially Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom), since I have that in my Rock Band library).

There will be another song for the Advent Calendar Pack, as well as the second half of the Weekly Wishlist DLC that will be coming tomorrow. :)

Advent Calendar Pack Song count
    - 12/1: Digging Your Scene (The Blow Monkeys)
    - 12/2: Sweet City Woman (The Stampeders)
    - 12/3: She's Got a Girlfriend Now (Reel Big Fish)
    - 12/4: Get Up (Shinedown)
  • As requested by @MCSMeister

- Repost of Tier Link for My Tiers for Crazy On You (Link)
    - Repost of Tier Link for My Tiers for Magic Man (Link (Has Dreamboat Annie (Fantasy Child) bundled into the song (Which Harmonix's own release of the song does not)

See you tomorrow, once I learn what this week's Rock Band 4's Rivals Challenge Theme is. :)
  • edited December 6
    It's Wednesday. And it's time for me to post the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. But first, a Song Reveal for the upcoming Advent Calendar pack. :)

- Islands by The xx

The fifth song on the Advent Calendar pack is Islands, by British Indie Pop band, The xx, which was heard in the tracklist for Ubisoft's educational guitar game, Rocksmith. It was around the time when the game in question was coming out that I heard this song for the first time. Such a nice, soothing song that I enjoyed, and would love to have in Rock Band someday. Anyways, hear's the details on today's Wishlist DLC.

Are you familiar with Ninja Burger, a ninja parody website where a "Ninja sect" serves to deliver fast food to patrons in time? Well, today is December 5th, which is dubbed by the website's creators as "Day of the Ninja". And when I think of Ninja, I think of one thing: Naruto. And when I think of Naruto, I thought of this band, who did 4 songs for the anime in question.

So, the Wishlist DLC for this week is a 3-song pack of Japanese Rock Band, Flow (Not to be confused with a American New Age band and a American Rapper of the same name). Since the song Go!!! being used as the fourth opening theme for the Anime Adaption of Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto, most songs from Flow's discography has been used in several Animes, with Naruto (And it's sequal, Naruto Shippuden) having the most usage (4 songs, 3 Opening Themes and 1 Ending Theme).

The songs in this pack are Go!!! and Sign, which are both from Naruto (The original series, and Shippuden respectively), and Colors, which is from Code Geass. All 3 incredible songs that I've enjoyed listening to, and it was hard for me to pick an overall favorite, because I like all 3 of them.

And joining this pack is a 5-song pack of Songs from the 1980s, to compliment this week's theme: A Rock Party (It has 2 80s songs for the Spotlight choices, which is why I've settled with a 1980s pack). And the five songs in this pack are Mirror People by Love and Rockets, Escuela de Calor by Radio Futura, These two rewinds from Rock Band 5: Play With Me by Extreme, and Re-Ignition by Bad Brains. And this song from a cartoon that I've loved during my childhood: the DuckTales theme by Jeff Pescetto.

Again, like with the Flow pack, this pack is filled with 5 songs that I love so much, that picking an overall favorite was a challenge. Anyways, hear is the Flow 01 and Radical 80s 01 packs.

=Flow 01=
    - Colors (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Go!!! (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Sign (Band Tier: Impossible)
    =Radical 80s 01=
    - Bad Brains - Re-Ignition (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Extreme - Play With Me (Rock Band 5 3rd Expansion Rewind)
    - Jeff Pescetto - DuckTales (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Love and Rockets - Mirror People (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Radio Futura - Escuela de Calor (Band Tier: Challenging)
    =RB52018 Rivals Weekly Challenge Season 6 Week 2: I See The Light=
    - America - Sister Golden Hair
    - Mandy Moore - Candy
    - Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

More Wishlist DLC will come on Sunday as usual, and another Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack will come tomorrow. :)
  • SPECIAL DLC INCOMING B)

I know I said that today will only be a Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack, but I just learned about this while watching the latest Harmonix Twitch Stream of showing off the new DLC, and it was being buzzed about on Twitter. So I figured, heck, why not I do it: A special DLC pack in response of a passing of a artist. But first, the Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack.

- Sahara by Slash feat. Koshi Inaba

The sixth song in the Advent Calendar Pack is Sahara, by Guns'N Roses guitarist, Slash, featuring Koshi Inaba of B'z as guest vocalist, the first single of Slash's debut self-titled album. Again, had to listen to this one just today, because I haven't listened to it yet until now, and now that I did, I can say this: It's an amazing banger that I enjoyed. I like both Classic Rock and J-Rock and this song hits both of those buttons for me. I know the chances song appearing in Rock Band are slim, but IF we ever do get it, then this would be the closest to getting not only anything by Slash, but also anything by B'z in Rock Band for the first time.

And now for the special DLC: It's a 3-song pack of British Punk Rock band, the Buzzcocks, in response to the recent passing of the band's vocalist, Pete Shelley. I've first learn about this news while watching the latest Twitch Livestream of Harmonix showing off the recent DLC for this week for Rock Band 4 (The Two Heart songs). When I saw it being tweeted on Twitter, I knew I had to do a pack in honor of him.

The three songs I've chose for this pack are Everybody's Happy Nowadays, and it's B-Side, Why Can't I Touch It? And the original Master Track recording of Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've). Ever Fallen In Love is one of my favorite classic Punk Rock songs, as I've heard it before on a record cassette compilation, and I'm glad that the song is in Rock Band, even though, it's a cover.

But, still, I would love to see the original version in Rock Band someday. That, plus What Do I Get?, which I've gotten to know via Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. The other two songs in this pack, I've listened to just today, and I've enjoyed them as much as the songs I've already listened to. Of the three, my overall favorite is Everybody's Happy Nowadays.

So, without further ado, in honor of Pete Shelley, I present the Buzzcocks 01.

- Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've (Original Version (Band Tier: Challenging)))
    - Everybody's Happy Nowadays (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Why Can't I Touch It? (Band Tier: Moderate)

Tomorrow will be another Advent Calendar Pack Song Reveal. :)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited December 7
    Alright, here are your comparisons!

Exactly spot-on except for bass, which is three dots off. You definitely overtiered bass, though - neither of these songs are particularly challenging on bass, and "Magic Man" is the more challenging of the two on bass, though not by much. That said, since you tiered this for a setlist it may have fallen victim to relative tiering. I wholly agree with Harmonix's tiers for this one. Guitar and drums both have tricky moments, but I don't think any one part of them tips them over into devil tier. If anything, the guitar's difficulty is neutralized a little by the second and third verses, which are comparatively easier than the rest of the song. But the fast strumming, intro solo and HOPO triplets are no slouch.

First off, what amazes me about this is not only that you and SoConfined matched Harmonix exactly on guitar, bass and drums, but you also had an extra song tacked on and still got it spot-on. Amusingly, though, neither of you got vocals correct, with you being a dot above and him being a dot below. While Ann Wilson has a powerful voice, I'd argue that this one should be tiered lower than "Crazy on You" because there are more gaps in the vocal chart, as well as there being a lot of "ooh"s and such in the middle part that are pretty consistent in pitch. As for the other instruments, guitar is notably more tame than "Crazy on You", with the non-solo parts actually being pretty doable, and even the solos themselves aren't the worst thing ever. Drums, while still being tricky, are mostly focused around a steady beat, and aren't as all over the place as "Crazy on You". As I said above, bass is slightly more tricky on this one if only because of the brief HOPO snakes in a few parts, but it's otherwise pretty easy.

But yeah, overall, this is easily one of my favorite DLC weeks since RB4's release, and likewise, some of your best tier comparisons ever, with both being close to spot-on and only differing on one instrument. Great job!
  • @MCSMeister Thanks. Wow, that's awesome, a double 3 out of 4 for me. (And also, congrats on getting an FC on Crazy On You Guitar, BTW) :)

I definitely agree that Bass on Crazy On You wasn't as hard I as tiered it, because I was unsure if it was going to be tiered hard, which is why I've tiered it as a 5. But I definitely agree that with Harmonix and So Confined that it's lower. Same reasoning for Vocals on Magic Man, it didn't seemed to be pretty hard, but hard enough to not be Devil Tiers, which is why I agree with Harmonix's tiering of the song of 5. But I'm glad that I've gotten double 3 out of 4 for both songs. Anyways, now that Crazy On You is marked off of my Wishlist Tracklist, this will be the song replacing it. A song that I'm borrowing from @NightmareLyre's (Arguably) Punk Rock Band Tracklist.

- Oh Bondage Up Yours! by X-Ray Spex

I noticed that in the tracklist for Rock Band 5 2018, I realized that I'm lacking some 1970s Punk Rock music, and I noticed that in the official Rock Band game, there isn't much Punk Rock bands that has female Vocalists aside from X and No Doubt (Technically Pop-Punk, but same difference). And I remembered listening to X-Ray Spex's Oh Bondage Up Yours! before joining these forums, and liking that song. So that will be the song replacing Crazy On You. In addition to this...

- I've bumped Aeroplane's Guitar Tier to 5, because of the guitar solo in the end..
    - I've moved Innuendo to the Impossible Band Tier.

You can check out the new tiers hear. (Oh Bondage Up Yours! is in the Nightmare Band Tier Album)

Anyways, it's time for me to post another song for the Advent Calendar Pack. And the song for today is...

- Tragedy + Time by Rise Against (Rewind from my Rock Band 5 Tracklist)

It's been a while since we had a new song from Rise Against in Rock Band, but if we ever do get more from them, then I'm hoping for a 3-song pack with a Rewind of Give It All and the song, The Violence, from their latest album, Wolves, and this song, which I've gotten to know via Guitar Hero Live. Quite a really interesting song that I've enjoyed listening to, and would love to have in Rock Band, if we ever do got it.

Tomorrow will be another Advent Calendar Pack song reveal. :)
  • Tomorrow will be more Wishlist DLC, since tomorrow is Sunday. But today is going to be another song reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack. And here it is...

- Fade Into You by Mazzy Star

Lately, I've been listening to this song, Fade Into You by Mazzy Star (A band that was referenced by RHCP via the song Aeroplane), a beautiful song from the 1990s that I probably should've listened to during my childhood, but I don't think I have (If I did, then I didn't remembered when I've heard it), via some playlists on Amazon Music. Sure, the song sounds like it would be boring to play on anything that isn't vocals, but I would love to play this song on Vocals, if Harmonix can get this song.

So, tune in tomorrow for the Wishlist DLC, and another song reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack. :)
  • Whipping Post and Stargazer (or Gates of Babylon) are seminal and I am surprised that they still aren't in the game. I wonder if they are frozen in place on Whipping Post over a disagreement about studio vs live. Looking forward to checking out the songs I don't know.
  • edited December 9
    @penguin3some Thanks for checking out my 2nd wishlist thread. (And when you're done checking it out, you should also check out my first wishlist thread as well.) :)

It's Sunday, which means, it's time for me to post some more Wishlist DLC. But first, a Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack, and hear it is.

- One Thing Leads To Another by The Fixx

I grew up listening to New Wave music in my youth, and this song is another song that I like from that genre. And as far as New Wave music goes, I think this one is more suitable for Rock Band, because it has Guitar in it, and I'm surprised that we have not gotten it yet (Though, I don't think it's that impossible to get, though). But since I've been playing Vocals more often, I would love to play this song on that instrument. And before I get into details with the Wishlist DLC, hear's the Rivals Mode Weekly Challenge theme for this week.

Still covering the theme based around Disney Revival-era films, the next theme for this week is Bolt. And now I know what you're going to say "Fritzy Katz, Bolt is a Disney Post-Renaissance Film, not part of the Disney Revival-Era. Why do you choose it though?" But I will explain why I've chosen this movie for this week's theme. 1. Bolt is lumped with the Disney Revival-era films, and is un-officially considered the first film from that era. and 2. It's directed by Byron Howard, who also directed Tangled and Zootopia. Those are my valid reasons for choosing that theme.

The Movie's plot is about a titular White Shepherd dog actor who believes that he's a real superhero like the one he was portraying in his TV show, until during a recording of one episode, his co-star owner, Penny, gets "kidnapped" and then he gets shipped to New York City by accident. He tags along with a cynical stray cat and a diehard fan boy hamster to get back to Los Angeles and back to Penny.

The theme for this week will use all songs by American Bands, all Motorhead songs (A Motorhead song appears in the film), songs and bands that refers to Cats and Dogs, and all Bee Gees Songs (To reference Bolt's voice actor, John Travolta, who is known for protraying Tony Manero from Saturday Night Fever). And for this week's Wishlist DLC, I'll be using songs from a band where it's lead singer had made one song for the film.

So, my next Wishlist DLC for the first half of this week is a 3-song Pack of Indie Rock Band, Rilo Kiley, which also includes one song by it's vocalist, Jenny Lewis. The three songs in this pack are Barking At The Moon, which is the song by Jenny Lewis that appeared in the film, and these two songs by the Rilo Kiley band itself, Silver Lining, which is from the Under The Blacklight album, and this rewind from Rock Band 3, Portions For Foxes, which is from the More Adventurous Album. My overall favorite in this pack is Barking At The Moon.

Joining this pack is a pair of singles that follows a certain theme. And the theme for this day is Serbian-American theme, as it is the second Sunday of December, which is a holiday for Serbia known as Detinjci. We have a song by a band named after a famous Serbian-American, and a band that has a guitarist of Serbian-American descent. Those two songs are Love Song by Tesla and True North by Bad Religion.

So, without further ado, here is Rilo Kiley 01.

=Rilo Kiley 01=
    - Portions For Foxes (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Silver Lining (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Jenny Lewis - Barking At The Moon (Band Tier: Moderate (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    =Singles=
    - Bad Religion - True North (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Tesla - Love Song (Band Tier: Warmup)

The second half of this week's DLC will come on Wednesday as usual. Tomorrow will be another Advent Calendar Pack Song Reveal. :)
  • It's Monday, and my Christmas presents has arrived. I'm looking forward into getting some Dropmix Cards (Since I've gotten that on my Birthday, this year) to play with. And hear's another Advent Calendar Pack Song Reveal. :)

- Done with Everything, Die for Nothing by Children of Bodom

The next song in my Advent Calendar pack is this heavy number from Children of Bodom, Done with Everything, Die for Nothing, from the tracklist of Guitar Hero 5, a song from the album "Blooddrunk. So far, this is the heaviest song to appear in the Advent Calendar Pack. A really good banger that I've enjoyed since listening to the songs on Guitar Hero 5's Tracklist, even though, an unlikely get, since it's a Deep-cut, and not a charted song or a single. But still, I would like to see it in Rock Band, sometime.

Tomorrow will be another Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack. :)
  • It's Tuesday, and it's time for me to reveal another song for my upcoming Advent Calendar Pack. And today's song is...

- Crown of Thorns by Mother Love Bone

Currently, we have most of the bigger known Grunge Bands of the 1990s, including the big 4: Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and Pearl Jam. But there are still other Grunge Bands that has been deeply ignored by Harmonix that I would love to see: Mudhoney (Touch Me I'm Sick) is a good example, and so is this band: Mother Love Bone. A song I would like to see from them is Crown of Thorns. Though, a popular variation of this song is the one that is bundled together with another song, Chloe Dancer, from the Shine EP. But I am using the standalone version of this song that appeared in Studio Album, Apple.

Tomorrow will be the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC, and another Advent Calendar Pack song reveal. :)
  • It's Wednesday, and it's time for me to reveal the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. But first, The Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack for this day, and the song for this day is...

- Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) by Sly & The Family Stone

I do like Classic R&B/Soul/Funk music from the 1960s, and I would love to have some Sly & The Family Stone in Rock Band someday. Dance To The Music would be my first priority for a Sly & The Family Stone song, but I'll take other songs from their discography like Hot Fun In The Summertime, Everyday People, and this song for the Advent Calendar Pack, Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin). This song I hear quite often on Oldies Radio, and has appeared in Shrek The Third, covered by Antonio Banderas and Eddie Murphy as Puss In Boots and Donkey respectively, at the end of the movie in question. Another good song from the San Franciscan Funk Band that I like.

And now for this week's Wishlist DLC. An interesting fact that I've learned when I am on the Rock Band Forums and viewing Rock Band's Reddit Account. Most of the Rock Band Community has mixed feelings for Metal (Some members likes the genre, and some people don't). On the other hand, most of the Rock Band Community also has mixed feelings for Country (Same thing, different genre). And my DLC for this day is both those two genres in general.

So, one of the first DLC for this week is the next entry of my New Album Previews series. And so far, I've covered new albums by bands that has songs in Rock Band officially, or I have used songs from them in my Wishlist Threads. But not this time, this time, I'm using a band that has never been on my Wishlist Threads, nor have they have songs in Rock Band officially. So, my next album for the latest New Album Preview is Metal Church's latest album, Damned If You Do.

The three songs in this album pack are the Title Track of the album, plus By The Numbers and Out of Balance. My overall favorite track among the three is Out of Balance, such a wonderful banger that I've gotten to listen to the first time. And joining this Wishlist DLC pack is my version of the Going Country's 11th pack in response to this week's DLC and Weekly Challenge Theme for Rock Band 4's Season 9.

I've saw the two DLC and they are modern country songs. I can understand the dislike from the Rock Band Forum users, voicing their thoughts on them, and the reception was negative. I can understand their reasons for disliking the two songs and I can respect their opinion. But I on the other hand, am in the minority of the people who are liking this week's DLC. (To be fair, at least both of those two songs combined are better sounding than Luke Bryan's That's My Kind of Night (I just can't stand that song.)

But my Going Country 11 pack will have 5 classic Country Songs from all decades before 2010s. Those songs are Big Iron by Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash's cover of (Ghost) Riders In The Sky, Forever and Ever, Amen by Randy Travis, I Cross My Heart by George Strait, and Mr.Policeman by Brad Paisley. Big Iron is my favorite among the five, because I have listened to that song before on an Oldies Radio station. That, plus I love the old classic Country songs from the 1950s-Early 1960s.

So, without further ado, here is New Album Preview 16 and Going Country 11 packs.

=New Album Preview 16 (Metal Church - Damned If You Do)=
    - Damned If You Do (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - By The Numbers (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Out of Balance (Band Tier: Impossible)
    =Going Country 11=
    - Brad Paisley - Mr.Policeman (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - George Strait - I Cross My Heart (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Johnny Cash - (Ghost) Riders In The Sky (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Marty Robbins - Big Iron (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Randy Travis - Forever and Ever, Amen (Band Tier: Moderate)
    =RB52018 Rivals Weekly Challenge Season 6 Week 3: There's No Home Like The One You Got=
    - Foreigner - Long, Long Way From Home
    - Jenny Lewis - Barking At The Moon
    - Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

More Wishlist DLC will come on Sunday. Tomorrow will be a Advent Calendar Pack Song Reveal from the winner of the New Artist of the Year for the 2018 Boston Music Awards. :)
  • edited December 13
    Only 12 more days left until Christmas, and it's time for me to post another song for the Advent Calendar Pack (Which will be coming in 13 more days). But first, I'll be providing details on the artist for this song...

Yesterday was the 2018 Boston Music Awards, and I did said that I'll be posting a song from the winner of the New Artist of the Year catagory. And this year's winner is... ...Boston-native rapper, Cliff Notez. Though, to be honest, I was kinda hoping one of the non-hip-hop acts would win, because I'm not a fan of most Modern Hip-Hop music. But I digress, kudos to Cliff Notez for winning this year's New Artist of the Year catagory. And my song choice from him will be a song from his album, When The Sidewalk Ends. And this was my choice...

- Mommy (Feat. Oompa and Black Venus) by Cliff Notez

As I said before, I'm not a huge fan of most Modern Hip-Hop music, because of one thing: profane lyrics (Though, to be fair, certain rock songs, especially those from RHCP has explicit lyrics as well, but I can (mostly) tolerate those. Modern Hip-Hop, not so much). But thankfully, the iTunes website has a indicator if a song has Explicit lyrics/content or not, and this song, Mommy, which is from the When The Sidewalk Ends album is one of the few songs on that album without any explicit content whats-so-ever, that I could find from viewing the iTunes website.

I've listened to this song, and I have to say that I've enjoyed it. Sure, it looks boring to play in Rock Band, but I think it's a nice song, even for a Modern Hip-Hop song. Would I like to see it in Rock Band? Hmm, I'm not sure, because like I said before, it looks boring to play on Rock Band. But I digress, it's a nice song for the Modern Hip-Hop genre that has no explicit content that I've gotten to enjoy in recent times.

So, once again, Kudos to Cliff Notez for winning the 2018 Boston Music Awards New Artist of the Year catagory. Tune in tomorrow for another song reveal for the Advent Calendar pack.
  • 11 more days left until christmas. And it's time for me to reveal another song for the upcoming Advent Calendar Pack (12 more days for that). And this song is...

- Stereo Love by Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina

When Dance Central 3 was coming out was when I've heard this incredible Accordion-driven song, Stereo Love by Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina. The song, which uses a refrain from another song, Bayatalir by Azerbaijani musician, Eldar Mansurov (Hence, why he was credited in the song). I am also aware that there is another version of the song with Canadian singer, Mia Martina, made in 2010, but I'm using the original version instead. Probably not a exciting song to play on Rock Band (But still, another cool song that I like), but I would love to play this song on Vocals.

There will be another song reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack tomorrow. :)
  • Only 10 more days until Christmas begins, and it's time for me to reveal another song for my upcoming Advent Calendar Pack (11 more days for that). But first, some information regarding something that I was planning to unveil on this thread for sometime: Led Zeppelin Rock Band (Wishlist Tracklist for that game).

I'll be unveiling the game's tracklist on December 28 (Last Friday of December). I have already decided on the songs. There will be at least 40 songs by Led Zeppelin in that game. (Yes, I am aware that Led Zeppelin is technically impossible to get in Rock Band for one reason: Jimmy Page's disdain towards Guitar Rhythm Games (I've read it on a news article on the web. But I'm doing this tracklist just for fun, and (just in case Page changes his mind, which I doubt will happen). I hope you are looking forward to seeing the tracklist.

And now, for the song reveal for the Advent Calendar pack, and here it is...

- Country Girl (Shake It For Me) by Luke Bryan

I said before when I've unvealed my Going Country 11 pack, and I'll say it again: I don't like That's My Kind of Night by Luke Bryan. It's such a bad song that I absolutely cannot stand. I'm disappointed that it's in Rock Band 4 as DLC. Harmonix said that vocalists are going to love that song for it's great 3-part harmonies, and guess what: I say otherwise. (I just don't like that song, I never did since watching it once on Jason Paradise's Twitch channel when he was playing GHTV, and I never will come to like it).

But, having said all of that, however, I am not opposed to having some more Luke Bryan. And a good song from him that I would love to have is Country Girl (Shake It For Me). The first time I heard this song was when I was watching THAT season of Dancing With The Stars. When I was listening to it, I though "Wow, this sounds like a really cool song. I can't believe it's by the same guy who did that one song." And to honest, I think this should've been the Luke Bryan choice for the Going Country 09 pack to accompany Blown Away and House Party, if only I've heard it before hand.

So, long story short: I don't like That's My Kind of Night by Luke Bryan, but I love one of his other known songs, Country Girl (Shake It For Me) better than the former. Wishlist DLC will be coming tomorrow, along side with another Song Reveal for the Advent Calendar pack. :)
  • It's Sunday. Only 9 more days until Christmas, and it's time for me to post the first half of Wishlist DLC for this week. But first, a song reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack. :)

- Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy

Up until now, I haven't listened to Fall Out Boy's Uma Thurman, even though, I do like the new sound that they're bringing since their return from their hiatus. So, today, I've listened to the song in question, and learned why some members from the Rock Band community has been wanting to see it or guessing it in prediction threads. It's such a cool song. I love the fact that they incorporated The Munsters theme song into the song in question, since that's a show that I've watched during my childhood (Watched it on Nickelodeon, before SpongeBob came on). I would love to see this song in Rock Band, too, since it's been a while since we had a new song from Fall Out Boy.

And now for the Wishlist DLC. Like with last Sunday's pack, it follows the theme of complimenting a film from the Disney Revival Era. And this week's film is the first film of the Disney Revival Era, The Princess And The Frog. Since after Home On The Range, Disney had stopped doing films in the traditional 2D-style, and shifted to 3D from that point on. The Princess and The Frog was animated in the old 2D-Style, and is thus the only film in the Disney Revival Era films done in that style.

The Princess and The Frog is a retelling of The Brothers Grimm fairy tale, The Frog Prince, that is set in New Orleans during the 1920s. The protagonist is the "Princess" of the film, Tiana, who is a waitress who wants to own her own restaurant. But sadly, her dreams were crushed when her debtors refused to loan her the mill that she planned to turn into her restaurant of her dreams. She eventually meets the "Frog", who is actually a prince from a far-off country who loves jazz music, who was turned into a frog against his own will by a witch doctor with a really cool Villain Song.

Tiana didn't wanted to help out the prince at first, but she reluctantly does so, but gets turned into a frog as well. They get chased by the villain and escaped into the bayou, where they meet a friendly trumpet playing alligator, and a firefly who is in love with a star. And they ventured into the bayou to meet a voodoo queen to find a way for Tiana and the prince to turn back into their original human forms. And since New Orleans is the setting for this film, our next Wishlist DLC for this week is a 5-song pack of songs from Bands and Artists from New Orleans.

The five songs in this pack are Cissy Strut by The Meters, Right Place, Wrong Time by Dr.John, It's All Over Now by The Dirty Dozen Brass Band feat. Dr.John, Desecrator by Exhorder, and Slow Motion by Juvenile feat. Soulja Slim. I have listened to all 5 of them, and of the five, it was a hard call. But my overall favorite of the 5 is the two songs that has Dr.John (One of his own songs, Right Place, Wrong Time and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band song that has him as a featured artist). So, without further ado, here is The Sound of New Orleans 01.

- The Dirty Dozen Brass Band - It's All Over Now (Feat. Dr.John (Band Tier: Nightmare (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)))
    - Dr.John - Right Place, Wrong Time (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Exhorder - Desecrator (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Juvenile - Slow Motion (Feat. Soulja Slim (Band Tier: Warmup))
    - The Meters - Cissy Strut (Band Tier: Moderate)

The next Wishlist DLC that has the Spotlight Pass Song will be on 12/22, and Next Sunday's Wishlist DLC will be a special Christmas Wishlist DLC Pack. But look forward to seeing the second half of this Week's DLC on Wednesday, and another Advent Calendar Pack song reveal tomorrow. :)
  • edited December 17
    Only 8 more days left until Christmas (Which begins on Next Tuesday), and it's time for me to reveal another song for the Advent Calendar Pack. Today's Song Reveal is...

- It Takes Two by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock

"Right now, you are about to be possessed. By the sounds of MC Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock." Those are the opening words to this hip-hop duo's biggest hit, It Takes Two, which samples Think (About It) by Lyn Collins, and Space Dust by The Galactic Force Band. I like Classic Hip-Hop better than Modern Hip-Hop because most of it doesn't have too much profane lyrics than the latter (This song, on the other hand, has the F-Word (But it will be censored if Harmonix managed to get this song in Rock Band). But I can tolerate it). A good Hip-Hop Classic that I like and would love to have on my Rock Band library.

There's only 8 more songs left for the Advent Calendar Pack, and the next one will be tomorrow. :)
  • There's only 7 more days left until Christmas, and this week, another RBN Song that I've placed into this wishlist thread is making it's comeback to Rock Band 4 as official Rock Band DLC (When it should've been official Rock Band DLC from the get-go, in my honest opinion). And that song is...

- Semi Charmed Life '09 by Third Eye Blind

Another great 1990s classic that I like. I was surprised that it was even put into RBN to begin with, because I feel like Third Eye Blind is one of those bands that would be put in with the official Rock Band DLC catagory. But I am happy that it's now going to become official Rock Band DLC, because it's another cool song that I like, and had gotten just before RBN was taken off the Playstation 3's Playstation Store.

Oh, yes, and hear's another Advent Calendar Pack song reveal for today. And today's song is...

- Song 2 by Blur

Since we're getting a 1990s Classic from RBN back as official Rock Band DLC, I felt like bringing another 1990s classic that we had before as the next song in the Advent Calendar Pack: This 1990s classic that was in the tracklist for Lego: Rock Band: Song 2 by Blur. The song has been used in several music games, and is a strong candidate for a Rewind for Lego: Rock Band. Like with the above song, it's another song that I like, and would love to have in my Rock Band library, since I didn't owned Lego: Rock Band.

Tomorrow will be the 2nd half of this week's DLC, and another song reveal for the Advent Calendar Pack. I hope you are looking forward to them.