Fritzy Katz's Rock Band 5 2018 Wishlist (With Tiers and Wishlist DLC)

Comments

• And now the moment you've been waiting for: Led Zeppelin Rock Band. :)

But first, before I post the songs, I want to let you all know that I am well aware of how impossible it is to get Led Zeppelin in Rock Band for reals, all for one reason: Jimmy Page. He admits his disdain for Guitar Rhythm games, and would not cooperate with Harmonix, even if they pay him enough money to get his songs to appear in Rock Band. That is all true, I know this.

But, IF for some reason, he changes his mind, and decides to cooperate with Harmonix, then how I'll envision it. He would cooperate on one condition: Harmonix makes a Led Zeppelin Band-centric game, just like they did with the Beatles and Green Day (And what they were going to do with Pearl Jam, which eventually got canceled). But I only said "If", because it's very likely that Page will not change his mind, no matter how longer Rock Band continues.

Having said all of that, I'm doing this for fun, and to show my love for all music, especially the stuff of Led Zeppelin. So, without further ado, it's time for me to reveal details the song list. I've chose 40 songs for this tracklist, with all 8 studio albums, plus 3 songs from Coda. I've based it on 4 factors: What's the most listened to songs on Last.Fm?, What's the most listened to songs from a particular album?, What's on the compilation album, Mothership?, and What's frequently played on Live Concerts?

Oh yes, and one more detail: The tracklist of Led Zeppelin: Rock Band is not exportable to Rock Band 5 2018, much like The Beatles: Rock Band isn't exportable to Rock Band 3. The Game's Career Mode is like the Career Mode in The Beatles Rock Band. You'll progress through 4 famous concerts that Led Zeppelin had played in at their prime. I loved the fact that The Career Mode in Beatles Rock Band allowed the player to progress through the decades, playing songs that are mostly performed on that decade.

My Hypothetical Led Zeppelin Rock Band game does the Career Mode the same way. The four concerts I've chosen are the Royal Albert Hall in 1970, the Madison Square Garden in 1973, Earl's Court in 1975, and Knebworth in 1979. So, without further ado, I present the Tracklist of Led Zeppelin: Rock Band. :)

=Royal Albert Hall - circa 1970=
    - Tangerine (Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
    - Since I've Been Loving You (Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
    - Celebration Day (Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
    - What Is and What Never Should Be (Led Zeppelin II, 1969)
    - Moby Dick (Led Zeppelin II, 1969) [NOTE: Only playable during Guitar, Drum, and Bass career mode]
    - Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin II, 1969)
    - Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You (Led Zeppelin, 1968)
    - Friends (Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
    - Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
    - I Can't Quit You Baby (Led Zeppelin, 1968)

=Madison Square Garden - circa 1973=
    - The Rain Song (Houses of the Holy, 1973)
    - Going To California (Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)
    - D'yer Maker (Houses of the Holy, 1973)
    - The Song Remain The Same (Houses of the Holy, 1973)
    - When The Levee Breaks (Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)
    - Over The Hills and Far Away (Houses of the Holy, 1973)
    - The Ocean (Houses of the Holy, 1973)
    - No Quarter (Houses of the Holy, 1973)
    - Black Dog (Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

(Continued on next post)
  • (Continued from last post)

=Earl's Court - circa 1975=
    - Kashmir (Physical Graffiti, 1975)
    - Custard Pie (Physical Graffiti, 1975)
    - Houses of the Holy (Physical Graffiti, 1975)
    - Ten Years Gone (Physical Graffiti, 1975)
    - Heartbreaker (Led Zeppelin II, 1969)
    - Trampled Under Foot (Physical Graffiti, 1975)
    - Good Times, Bad Times (Led Zeppelin, 1968)
    - Dazed and Confused (Led Zeppelin, 1968)
    - Ramble On (Led Zeppelin II, 1969)
    - In My Time of Dying (Physical Graffiti, 1975)

=Knebworth - circa 1979=
    - All My Love (In Through The Out Door, 1979)
    - In The Evening (In Through The Out Door, 1979)
    - Walter's Walk (Coda, 1982)
    - Ozone Baby (Coda, 1982)
    - Achilles Last Stand (Presence, 1976)
    - Poor Tom (Coda, 1982)
    - Nobody's Fault But Mine (Presence, 1976)
    - Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin, 1968)
    - Stairway To Heaven (Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)
    - Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

And that is it with my sidegames for Rock Band 5 2018. I'll be back on Sunday to reveal some more Wishlist DLC for the upcoming week. It's going to be a good one. :)
  • It's Sunday, it's time for me to post the last Wishlist DLC for December on this year. :)

Keeping up with the continuing theme of Disney Revival-era films for my Rivals Mode Season 6, my next theme for this week is what I consider my third most favorite film from the Disney Revival-Era. And that film is Wreck-It Ralph. Just recently, the film has released it's squeal film, Ralph Breaks The Internet (Which also features a cameo of Nick Wilde from Zootopia in the film).

The story of the first film focuses on the titular video game villain of a classic Donkey Kong-esque Arcade game, who is tired of being the villain in his game, and wants to be a hero. So, to pursue this, he enters a Halo-like First Person Shooter-type game that recently got added into the Arcade that his game is setted in. He gains a hero medal, and then chaos ensues when he awakens one of the game's in-game enemy.

Then he gets sent flying into another game, a cutesy Super Mario Kart-like Racing Game themed around candy, where he meets a glitch named Vanellope von Schweetz, who wants to be one of the racers in the character select screen for her game. She takes Ralph's medal, and uses it as a token for race entry. But she was forbidden to participate in the race, because of the game's ruler, who forbids it, and it's citizens, who resents her. So, she and Ralph works together to help achieve her dream.

It was thanks to this film that got me to like the 3-D Animated Disney Films even more, because I was a gamer during my childhood (And I still am today). I was amazed by not only the reference to all various video games that I've played, but also by the numerous cameos of several iconic video game characters that were present in the film (Sonic The Hedgehog, Ryu from Street Fighter, Pac-Man, Bowser from Super Mario Bros, just to name a few), which makes this film sorta like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, but with video game characers instead of classic cartoon characters.

So, to compliment this theme, my next wishlist DLC is a pack tied to a favorite video game series of mine that has a recently released HD remake on Nintendo Switch. And that video game series is the Katamari series made by Namco. Katamari is a puzzle-action video game series that involves playing a diminutive being known as The Prince of All Cosmos, who is tasked by his father, the King, to collect several items in Earth to rebuild Stars and Planets.

The game was released in Japan on March, 2004, and then in my country, the US, six months later. Upon playing it, I thought it was not only one of the most unique, but also one of the most exciting games that I've gotten to play. But what really got me to like this game franchise was it's music. And my Wishlist DLC pack has 5 songs from Katamari Damacy, the first game.

And those 5 songs are Katamari On The Rocks, Lonely Rolling Star, Cherry Tree Times, Roll Me In, and Katamari Of Love. All 5 are great songs that I like. And joining this pack is the last DLC of the Month. And this month's Last DLC of the Month is...

- Last DLC of the Month: Starting Next Month, on the 25th, Kingdom Hearts 3 will finally be released to the public. And to get prepared for that day, my last Wishlist DLC for December 2018 is this song from the voice actor who played Roxas and Ventus. This guy has been a singer since 2004, and the song I've chosen from him is one that appeared in Band Hero, the pop-flavored family friendly version of Activision's Guitar Hero series. So, without further ado, here is Song Selections from Katamari Damacy and the Last DLC of the Month of December.

=Song Selections from Katamari Damacy=
    - Masayuki Tanaka & Tomomi Suzuki - Katamari On The Rocks (Band Tier: Nightmare (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG))
    - Saki Kabata - Lonely Rolling Star (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Shigeru Matsuzaki - Katamari of Love (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Yui Asaka & Mika Sato - Roll Me In (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Yuu Miyake* - Cherry Tree Times (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    =Last DLC of the Month=
    - Jesse McCartney - Beautiful Soul (Band Tier: Solid)

* = Yes, I am aware that Yuu Miyake isn't the person who performed the song. It is performed by several child artists (Who are probably in their teens by now). But since there's so many people to list, that I credited the song to Yuu Miyake (The Song's composer) to save space.

I'll be revealing the first Wishlist DLC for this thread of January 2019 at the start of New Years Day. I hope you're looking forward to it. :)
  • edited January 1
    Wow. I certainally didn't expected that song to be our Official DLC for this week, but according to Pontoonboatfire on the DLC Discussion thread for last's week's DLC...

- Angel of Death by Slayer has been unofficially announced as offical Rock Band DLC.

Honesty, I wasn't expecting this song to appear in Rock Band at all, because of it's questionable lyrical content. On the contrary, in spite of it's controversy, it's praised by music critics and is a well-liked song from Slayer's vast discography. The Band is currently touring in their final concert tour, which is due to end on Octorber 4, 2019. And for some funny coincidence, it's also the Spotlight Pass Song for Rock Band 4's Season 9, which is funny, because I too have used it as a Spotlight Pass Song as well, a Wishlist Spotlight Pass Song to put it bluntly. To think that it would be used as a genuine Spotlight Pass Song for the official Rock Band game, is not only a funny coincidence, but also a awesome one as well.

As usual, I shall await Tier Comparisons from @MCSMeister. I'm still working on that one Wishlist DLC pack that I was going to reveal on the start of New Years last night, and I shall present it later today. :)
  • Well, MCSMeister's got until after Doctor Who before I start on it~
  • edited January 1
    Ya boi works fast when he wants to.

It's the "literally every single trvest of trve kvlt brvtal af metal song" tier! As you predicted, devils on instruments. Going in I was surprised to see that Harmonix made it a zero-tier vocal track... then I played it on vocals and was disappointed to see that they'd charted everything as talkies, even some of the more melodic parts and the big scream at the beginning. Blehhhhhh. We wuz robbed!
  • Welp, MCS, it looks like someone had beated you to the punch.

But honestly, though, it doesn't matter if I've gotten the vocals wrong, or it if's been tiered a zero by Harmonix. As long as I've gotten a 3 out of 4, then I'm pretty satisfied with the results. So, no complaints from me. I'm just happy that I've gotten 3 out of 4 from my song tiering. :)

And now that some time has passed, I think it's a good time for me to reveal the first DLC of January (For this thread). As usual, it's another pack of my Monthly Deep-Cuts series. But this time, I'm taking this pack via a different approach. Normally, I would present Deep-Cuts from Albums that has songs from the Official game tracklists for all Rock Band games, including Lego Rock Band and Rock Band VR.

But not for this year. This year, I'm going to present deep cuts from Artists that are from California, my original home state. I call it "Monthly Deep Cuts - The California Edition". Starting from this month, until December of 2019, I'll be presenting Deep-Cuts from Bands and Artists that hails from the State of California. The same rules applies for my previous Monthly Deep-Cuts packs: Thoses Artists must have songs that has been in Tracklists from all the official Rock Band games, both main and side. (This also includes Green Day, who has an entire game based on their discography).

However, some of these packs may or may not have the albums that has the songs that appeared in those tracklists. (Let's say for example: I do one for Megadeth (Which isn't my band for this month, just using it as an example), and I use songs from albums other than Peace Sells... but Who's buying? and Rust in Peace. Those would be my songs of choice (Of course, to be fair, both of those albums that I've mentioned has already been released as Album Packs in the official Rock Band game).

But like I said, Megadeth isn't my first band pick for this month. Instead, my first actual band pick is the band that made the music of California what it is today, and a childhood favorite of mine: The Beach Boys. My family owned the vinyl for the compilation album, Endless Summer, which is my first time listening to the band's music. Of course, it did not had anything from Pet Sounds, their most well-beloved studio album, it was still a good compilation album never the less.

My deep-cuts picks are these: From the fourth studio album, Little Deuce Coupe, Our Car Club. From the ninth studio album, Summer Days (And Summer Nights), Then I Kissed Her, a response to The Crystals' song, Then He Kissed Me, which became popular in the UK when it was released as a single, two years after the album's release, but is still considered a Deep-Cut in my own country.

And from the 35th Studio Album, Still Crusin', Make It Big, which is the song heard in a minor 1989 American Comedy film, Troop Beverly Hills. I've listened to all 3 of them just recently, and of the three, I would have to say my overall favorite is Make It Big. So, without further ado, here is Monthly Deep Cuts 13 - The California Edition I.

- Make It Big (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Our Car Club (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Then I Kissed Her (Band Tier: Solid)

Tomorrow will be the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. And it's going to be an interesting one. I hope you're looking forward to seeing it. :)
  • I still maintain you likely would have been on a 4/4 (or at least a lot closer) if there had been pitches in the chart, and there are quite a few points where they would have fit. Like you said though, a 3/4 is still good.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Damn, Vexus is gonna put me out of work if he keeps this up. Is it too late to copyright the tier comparison? :p

I'm not buying the song anyway so I wouldn't have had much to comment, and in my defense, I literally couldn't make it today - Spectro hasn't uploaded the video of the song yet and he's who I get my tier screenshots from (I don't expect him to upload it until its "proper" release date).
  • There's not that much to analyse with regards to Angel of Death's difficulty, to be fair! Bass is the only part with anything to say other than "it's Slayer and the vocals are all charted as talkies".
  • We interrupt the discussion on Angel of Death's vocals being all talkies on this thread with a new Wishlist DLC announcement. But first, a song from Rock Band 2's tracklist that I've placed in this thread as a Wishlist Rewind has been announced to be coming back to Rock Band as a Official Rewind. And that song is...

- Peace Sells by Megadeth

To be honest, I was kinda hoping that Painkiller by Judas Priest would be the rewind song to compliment the upcoming Angel of Death. But Harmonix decides to keep it all thrash metal by using the one song from Peace Sells...Who's Buying that has yet to be DLC, and that song in question is Peace Sells, which is from Rock Band 2's Tracklist. Another good track that I like, and am glad to have back in Rock Band 4, since I didn't did the Rock Band 2 Export. (And here's hoping that eventually, Painkiller will come as well).

Anyways, it's time for me to post the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. Last year, during my birthday, I've gotten a certain game from Harmonix that I've been wanting to play for some time. And that game is Dropmix. I've been watching Harmonix playing this game on their twitch streams, and thought that it was a cool game and I should pick up for myself, which I did.

Upon playing it, I've enjoyed it a lot. Good mix of genres from Pop to Rock to Hip-Hop to EDM to Country. Currently, I have 20 Playlist Decks (17 of the 20 Season 1 Decks (Ones I lack for Season 1 are Flawless, Bomb, and Chiller), and 3 of the 4 currently released decks of the recently released Season 2 (Flora is the only deck I don't have). And since I'm doing a new thread that will incorporate keys, I figured a do a new series of Wishlist DLC packs that focuses on songs from Dropmix.

This new wishlist DLC pack series is going to be called "Droppin' The Mix", and as the name suggests, it's a Wishlist DLC pack containing songs from Dropmix. Since the game's initial release, Rock Band has gained official DLC of songs from that game in general, such as Rick James' Super Freak, Big & Rich's Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy), the Commodores' Brick House, and Len's Steal My Sunshine for examples.

Using a checklist from Dropmix's Reddit, I've chosen 4 songs to use for a first pack that I'll be revealing today, and later again, once my new Wishlist Thread opens. I chosen these 4 songs, because they have guitar in them. Those four songs are Axwell Λ Ingrosso's More Than You Know, Flo Rida's I Don't Like It, I Love It, Ricky Martin's La Mordidita, and TLC's No Scrubs. All 4 are good songs, and I would love to play on Rock Band, if Harmonix should bring them to there.

Joining this Wishlist DLC Pack is another Wishlist DLC Pack. A metal Wishlist DLC pack to compliment this week's DLC (I have a very strong feeling that our theme for this week's Rival Modes Weekly Challenge for Rock Band 4 is a metal week, with some heavy non-metal songs). But not just any metal songs, but metal songs that were made last year, 2018.

My 4 song choices for this pack are Sonic Titan by Sleep, Servants by Zeal & Ardor, Virus://Vibrance by Vein, and Shockwave City by Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats. I've listened to all 4 of them just recently, and of the four, I would have to say my favorite of the four is Shockwave City. It's quite an interesting song, kinda sounds like The Beatles meets Queens of the Stone Age. I would love to play it on Rock Band, as well.

So, without further ado, I present Droppin' The Mix 01 and Metal of 2018 packs.

=Droppin' The Mix 01=
    - Axwell Λ Ingrosso - More Than You Know (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Flo Rida - I Don't Like It, I Love It (Feat. Robin Thicke, Verdine White (Band Tier: Moderate))
    - Ricky Martin - La Mordidita (Feat. Yotuel (Band Tier: Challenging))
    - TLC - No Scrubs (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    =Metal of 2018 Pack=
    - Sleep - Sonic Titan (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Shockwave City (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Vein - Virus://Vibrance (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Zeal & Ardor - Servants (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    =Rivals Challenge Spotlights=
    - Queensrÿche - Eyes of a Stranger
    - Masayuki Tanaka & Tomomi Suzuki - Katamari on the Rocks
    - a-Ha - Take On Me

More Wishlist DLC for this thread will come on Sunday. :)
  • It's Sunday, and it's time for me to reveal the next weekly Wishlist DLC for this thread (Soon to be succeeded by a new thread, due Jan. 22). :)

Once again, this next Wishlist DLC is tied to my wishlist's Rivals Mode Weekly Challenge Season 6. And the theme once again is films from the Disney Revival Era. And my next and second to last theme for this week is what I consider my second favorite film from the Disney Revival Era, Big Hero 6, which is also the second revealed new disney film for Kingdom Hearts 3, which is coming later on the 29th of January in my country (25th for Japan).

The film is a loose adaptation of a comic book series from Marvel of a superhero team of the same name. The said team is led by child genius, Hiro Takachiho, who invented a battle robot named Baymax who can change into a dragon-like form. He is joined by other heroes, such as purse-wielding agent Honey Lemon, hotheaded Go Go Tamago, chef Wasabi-No-Ginger, who specializes in swords, and Fredzilla, who can turn into a kaiju at will. (The original team was led by X-Men's villian, Silver Samurai, but the Disney version of Big Hero 6 is based on the current members of the original comic's team).

The Disney Adaption makes this version of Big Hero 6 looks more akin to the cartoon network's adaptation of DC Comic's Teen Titans. In the disney version of BH6, the setting is setted in San Fransokyo (A mishmash of the cities of San Francisco and Tokyo). Hiro Takachiho's last name is changed to Hamada, and he has an older brother named Tadashi, who is the creator of Baymax in Disney's version of BH6. The other members are students (3 Students and 1 teen hired to play the academy's mascot) of the robotics academy that Tadashi attends at.

The Disney Version of Baymax is turned from a menacing looking dragonoid-like robot, to a more cute-looking robot that looks like a "Walking Marshmellow", as Hiro describes it. The story to Disney's BH6 is this: Hiro Hamada is a young child genius who spends his time Bot-Fighting (Which is his film's in-movie equivalent to Dog Fighting) for cash, much to dismay of his older brother, Tadashi.

So, in an effort to get Hiro to change his mind, Tadashi takes Hiro to his "Nerd School", where he meets Tadashi's friends, who would later become Hiro's comrad in arms as the film progresses to the climax. Tadashi also show Hiro his creation, Baymax, a robot designed to act as a personal health and medical assistant. And after a meeting with the school's headmaster, Hiro has a change of mind and decides to attend the same "Nerd School" that his brother goes to.

Hiro invents little microscopic robots that can do just about anything by the person who controlls them via a neurocranical transmitter, which got him accepted into the school. But tragedy struck when Hiro's brother, Tadashi, was killed during a fire at the school, which also claimed the life of it's headmaster, leaving Hiro heartbroken and disinterested in doing anything.

Baymax awokes and the two of them finds the last remaining Microbot, and follows it to a hidden factory where a masked villain, who was the one responsible for the fire, is producing more. With a new determination, Hiro, vowes to capture the villain with Baymax, and later, Tadashi's friends from the nerd school. And since the film is about super heroes, I figured I do a pack that is themed around them (But not a pack of theme songs from My Hero Academia. But something even more unique and I think you'll enjoy).

Japan has it's own kinds of Superheroes, who has appeared in Tokusatsu Shows since the Showa Era. One of the most famous Japanese Super Heroes is Kamen Rider, which is created by the legendary Shotaro Ishinomori. First airing in 1971, the show focuses on the titular Kamen Rider hero, or mainly known as Kamen Rider 1 (Alias: Takeshi Hongo) and his battle against the evil mutant terrorist organization, Shocker.

The Kamen Rider TV Series continued until 1989, but still lingered via Tokusatsu films in the 1990s. It wasn't until 2000 that Kamen Rider made it's TV Series comeback with the debut of the first Heisei-era Kamen Rider, Kuuga. And now, starting this year, on an unknown date, the Heisei Era will come to it's end. And in honor of the Heisei Era, my next Wishlist DLC for this day is a 5-song pack of songs from the Heisei-Era Kamen Rider Series.

For this pack, I've chosen 5 songs from 5 Kamen Rider shows of the Heisei-Era, from various years. And joining this pack is my next installation of my New Album Previews series. This month's new album for the final New Album Preview pack for this thread is Bring Me The Horizon's upcoming 6th Studio Album, Amo. I chose all three of the album's singles (Including the first song of 2019). So without further ado, I present Song Selections of the Heisei Kamen Rider series, and New Album Previews 17.

=Song Selections from Heisei Kamen Rider Series=
    - ISSA - Justiφ's (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Maki Ohguro - Anything Goes! (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Masayuki Tanaka - Kamen Rider Kuuga! (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - RIDER CHIPS - Full Force (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Taros - Climax Jump DEN-LINER Form (Band Tier: Nightmare (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    =New Album Preview 17 (Bring Me The Horizon - Amo)=
    - Mantra (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Wonderful Life (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Medicine (Band Tier: Moderate)

More Wishist DLC will come on Wednesday. :)
  • It's Wednesday. Time for me to post the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. :)

January is known as National Soup Month. And I've gotten some really warm Wishlist DLC that will warm you up for the Winter season: 2 3-song Wishlist DLC packs for two different artists. The first artist corresponds to the fact of January being national soup month. It's a band that I've haven't listened to until now, and that band is The Soup Dragons.

From 1982 to 1992, the city of Glasgow, Scotland, had an interesting alternative rock music scene from the likes of bands like Primal Scream, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and this band, The Soup Dragons, who has been making music from 1985 to 1992, in which they splitted. My three song choices for their pack are Whole Wide World from the album, Hang Ten!, their cover of The Rolling Stones hit, I'm Free, from the album, Lovegod. And Divine Thing, from the album, Hotwired.

Of the three songs I've chosen, my overall favorite is Divine Thing. It's quite a cool song that I've got to enjoy just recently, and I've wished I've could've listened to it earlier in my youth. The other artist I've chosen for the other 3-song Wishlist DLC pack corresponds to this week's Official DLC for Rock Band 4, cause I believe this week's upcoming Rivals Challenge will be a metal-themed one, but with MOAR METAL than last week's challenge.

I've seen the Official DLC for this week, and even though I haven't listened too much of their music, but I'm quite happy to see another song from Babymetal again, because I love rock music from Japan, and Babymetal is currently the only Japanese band that we have music from in the Rock Band DLC library currently. And seeing them again makes me hope that someday we get the 2 Dir en Grey, and the 1 Esprit D'Air songs in RBN, as well as more songs from X Japan, which were the first Japanese band to provide music in the form of Official DLC (Which I regret not picking up sooner), and some other well known Japanese Artist. (B'z, Puffy Amiyumi, L'arc~en~Ciel, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, etc.)

But I am getting off topic, so let's get down to my artist for the other 3-song pack. It's an Dutch symphonic metal band that @Vexus likes, and one that I'm starting to like more and more, ever since listening to one song on their Wishlist thread. And that band is Epica. Since listening to Beyond The Matrix, I am enjoying Epica's stuff, that I would love to see their music in Rock Band, for 2 reasons. 1. There isn't enough Symphonic Metal in Rock Band, and 2. There isn't enough songs from The Netherlands' Music Scene, aside from Golden Earring's Radar Love, which is currently accessible via the Rock Band 3 Export (For now).

My three song choices for this pack are Cry for the Moon, from the band's debut album, The Phantom Agony. Unleashed, from the album, Design Your Universe, and their cover of the first opening theme song of Attack On Titan, Guren no Yumiya, under a English title: Crimson Bow and Arrow. All three of them are pretty good (Especially their cover of the Attack On Titan theme song), that it was hard for me to pick an overall favorite.

So, without further ado, I present The Soup Dragons 01 & Epica 01 packs.

=The Soup Dragons 01=
    - Divine Thing (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - I'm Free (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Whole Wide World (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    =Epica 01=
    - Crimson Bow and Arrow (Guren no Yumiya (Band Tier: Impossible))
    - Cry for the Moon (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Unleashed (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Electric Light Orchestra - Mr.Blue Sky
    - The Taros - Climax Jump Den-Liner Form
    - Metallica - Master of Puppets

More Wishlist DLC will come this upcoming Sunday. :)
  • edited January 14
    I know it's Monday, and I know that I was going to post this yesterday. But I was feeling anxious for some reason (Reason why: Well, my dad went on a trip to go visit my Grandpa, who is currently living in Texas. And I was told by my mom that he'll be returning on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday depending on the situation.) that I didn't had the motivation to post some Wishlist DLC.

But I'm feeling a little better now, and I haven't given up on posting Wishlist DLC. So, post Wishlist DLC, I shall. The first half of this week's Wishlist DLC, which was going to be posted Sunday, is once again tied to my Rivals Mode Wishlist Weekly Challenge. And once again, it's tied to a film from the Disney Revival Era. And I've used most of them already, except for one, which I've saved for last.

And that film is Zootopia. My avatar is reason enough why I like this film, so much (I'm not a furry, though. Just a Disney movie fan who loves this movie so much). Anyways, the film in question follows Judy Hopps, a rabbit who is the first Officer of the ZPD (Zootopia Police Department). However, her boss, who is a water buffalo, doesn't see her as officer material, so he relegated her to Meter Maid against her own will.

After foiling a theft by a weasel thief however, and getting berated for it, she met with a female otter, whose husband, is one of 14 carnivore mammals who went missing under mysterious circumstances. Judy offers to find her missing husband for the otter. Left with no other options, her boss reluctantly allows her to solve the case in 48 hours. Judy forcefully enlists the help of a fox con-artist named Nick Wilde, who she met earlier prior before capturing the weasel thief, who was the last mammal to see the missing otter husband.

The main song from this film, Try Everything, is one of my most wanted songs to appear in Rock Band. I had put that song into the tracklist for my first Wishlist thread, and I have requested it many times on the request page. But seeing how Harmonix is following a strict pattern of Newly Debuting songs and RBN content, as of current, I say that the chances of seeing it in Rock Band are slim to none. But still, I would like to be proven wrong.

And truth to television, there is a wide variety of mammals that lives in our Earth (As there are a wide variety of mammal civilians in Zootopia, both prey and predators). The same can be said for music as well, as there is a wide variety of music genres (Both core and sub). Which is why, my next Wishlist DLC is another Variety Pack, my third one to be exact.

This Variety Pack, just like with the others, will have the first letters in the Artist's name to spell out some words. In this case, this pack has 8 songs from 8 different artists. And they'll spell out the first names of Zootopia's two core protagonists: Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde.

So, my eight songs are (First four Spelling out Judy's name) Centerfold by The J.Geils Band (Rewind from Rock Band 3), Beautiful Day by U2, Lies by Deap Vally, High by Young Rising Sons (Spotlight Song for this week. Reason why: Zootopia was first announced in 2014, which is when this song was first recorded). (Next four spelling out Nick's name) My Friends Over You by New Found Glory, I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked by Ida Maria, Crossroads by Cream, and this rewind from Lego Rock Band, Naive by The Kooks.

And with that, all of the songs that are in the tracklist of Rock Band VR 2 are now Wishlist DLC in my Rock Band 5 2018. So, without further ado, I present Fritzy Katz's Variety Pack 03.

- Cream - Crossroads (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Deap Vally - Lies (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - The J.Geils Band - Centerfold (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - The Kooks - Naive (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - New Found Glory - My Friends Over You (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - U2 - Beautiful Day (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Young Rising Sons - High (Band Tier: Solid (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)

Second half of this week's DLC will come on Wednesday. :)
  • How did you come up with a bass tier for Lies? It doesn't have a bass part, nor does it have any part that would work as a bass alt-chart as far as I can tell, and I listened to it a bunch when picking my own initial disc setlist.
  • UPDATE: As pointed out by @Vexus, I learned that Deap Vally's Lies has no bass part. Apparently, I mistook some parts from the drum as a bass part, and charted it as that. Thus, I made up a tier for a non-existent part that I mistook until now. (I thought it did had bass, but upon listening to it again, I've realized that it was drum I was hearing, not bass).

I've updated the tier for Lies to fix this mistake that was pointed out. (Thanks @Vexus :) )
  • edited January 16
    It's Wednesday, and it's time for me to post the second half of this week's Wishlist DLC. But first, another RBN song that I had in this thread as Wishlist DLC is making a comeback as official DLC for Rock Band 4. And that song is...

- Remedy by Seether

Another good song that I like, because it was in the tracklist for Guitar Hero On Tour Decades. It was one of the RBN songs that I was fortunate to save from being delisted when I heard the RBN Delisting Announcement, and I'm so happy to have this song back. It's such a fun song to play on Vocals. And I'm looking forward to seeing more RBN songs that are from the Guitar Hero games. :)

Anyways, today's Wishlist DLC will be the third to last Wishlist DLC for this thread. The last Wishlist DLC for this thread will be coming this upcoming Sunday. I hope you're looking forward to seeing it, because this Wishlist DLC will be an album pack, and it will be a good one too. :)

Anyways, today's Wishlist DLC will be a 11 song pack, and it's the next entry of my RB4 Spotlight Specials series. And this one covers artists from the Season 9 Spotlight Pass. I've based my song choices on 3 factors: previously on Guitar Hero, fan favorites from the Rock Band Community, and what's listened to on the most on Last FM. And it will joined by one extra song.

This extra song is used as the credits theme for Double Fine's Brutal Legend. So, without further ado, I present RB4 Spotlight Specials 06.

=RB4 Spotlight Specials 06=
    - Andrew W.K. - She Is Beautiful (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - BABYMETAL - KARATE (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Barns Courtney - Fire (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Godsmack - Keep Away (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Heart - These Dreams (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Kane Brown - Heaven (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Maroon 5 - She'll Be Loved (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Old Dominion - Written In The Sand (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Seether - Careless Whisper (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Slayer - Chemical Warfare (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Third Eye Blind - Graduate (Band Tier: Moderate)
    =Extra Song=
    - Black Sabbath - Never Say Die (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Guns'N Roses - Paradise City
    - Young Rising Sons - High
    - Shakira - Try Everything

Even though, the last Wishlist DLC for this month is coming this Sunday, there will be more Wishlist DLC coming this Friday, to celebrate the US release of a film for a certain anime. I hope you're looking forward to seeing it. :)
  • Seems everyone has a question about Bass for you anymore 😂. My question is, what do you hear in the Bass of "Fire" to give it a 2? I have it as a 0 in my yet to be released tierings. You opened my eyes to drums being a 2 though, so thank you for that.
  • DWreck_ said:

Seems everyone has a question about Bass for you anymore 😂. My question is, what do you hear in the Bass of "Fire" to give it a 2? I have it as a 0 in my yet to be released tierings. You opened my eyes to drums being a 2 though, so thank you for that.

To answer your question: I go by the instincts of "Don't judge a book by it's cover." What I'm trying to say is that the Barns Courtney song seems easy enough, but it's not easy enough to be a 0-dot tier on bass. Which is why I've tiered it a 2 over your 0.

But it's my tiering, and even my tierings can be wrong at times. Having said that however, I'm looking forward to seeing the tierings for your wishlist thread. :)