Fritzy Katz's Rock Band 5 2018 Wishlist (With Tiers and Wishlist DLC)

Comments

• Tomorrow, a special Wishlist DLC Pack will be released to coincide with the release of a Video Game that is also coming tomorrow, on the PS4. But for today, I'll reveal what to expect in February from this thread.

- Arctic Monkeys
    - The Association
    - Duran Duran
    - Franz Ferdinand (Always Ascending - Album Preview)
    - Hawkwind
    - Heart (Dreamboat Annie - Full Album)
    - Jackie Wilson
    - Metric
    - Modest Mouse
    - Survivor
    - The Temptations
    - And more to come in the Month of February

For this special Artist preview card, I based it on this picture from this site (Scroll down and you'll find it). And added a 12th candy that is based on the See's Candy's Divinity Puff. I hope you're looking forward to not only tomorrow's Wishlist DLC Pack, but also the Wishlist DLC that is to come on February. :)
  • Listening to: The Final Fantasy Prelude

It is January 30th, and as promised, I'll be releasing a special DLC Pack that coincides with the official release of a Video Game.

The Special DLC is a Pack of Vocal Songs from the Final Fantasy series, to celebrate the release of Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT's release to the US Playstation 4 Consoles.

When I first got the PSP (Playstation Portable), one of the first games I've gotten was Dissidia: Final Fantasy. It was such a amazing Super Smash Brothers-esque game, but with Final Fantasy characters instead of characters from various Nintendo game series. The Final Fantasy series has always been, and (In my honest opinion) always will be amazing games of their game genre: J-RPG.

The Pack I present to you will have 6 vocal songs that were in the Main Games of the Final Fantasy series.

- Eyes On Me: Before Hikaru Utada's Hikari (or also known as Simple and Clean to the US) from Kingdom Hearts, this song was one of the best selling songs from a video game back in the days. It's such a beautiful, ballad-ly song that is sure to bring some 90's nostalgia, if you were one of those 90's kids growing up and playing the Final Fantasy games on your Playstation.
    - Melodies of Life: Probably for me, one of my personal favorite Vocal songs from the Final Fantasy series. This soulfully, beautiful song that is from the last Final Fantasy game (That is not a rerelease from older consoles) of the first Playstation is just the type of song to make me shed tears, because it's one of those type of songs: A beautiful power ballad that is sure to bring tears to your eyes.
    - Suteki Da Ne: This was the first Vocal Song that I've listened to (I've listened to it on a Video Game Music Internet Radio station). It's from the first Final Fantasy game for the Playstation 2, which is my mom's favorite (Yep, she played the Final Fantasy games before, starting with Final Fantasy 7). This is also the only song in this pack that is sung in Japanese (All of the other songs are sung in English).
    - Kiss Me Good-bye: I've never played Final Fantasy XII much, but I just listened to this pretty song that was from the game that is set in the world that the Final Fantasy Tactics series took place in. Now I'm going to wish that I had played Final Fantasy XII, because the song from that game sounds kinda similar to Eyes On Me.
    - My Hands: The first song by a English Artist. Like with Final Fantasy XII, I haven't played Final Fantasy XIII much. The song is a pretty decent Pop song, though, probably not as powerful as the last four above.
    - Stand By Me: Yes, it's a cover by a song that's made famous by Ben E. King and The Drifters. But Florence + The Machine did a really good job on this cover, which made me a fan (I should probably pick up Dog Days soon, if I have the chance). I liked how they incorporated the Final Fantasy Prelude into the melody of this cover, which got me hooked.

So, without further ado... I present to you, the Final Fantasy Vocal Song Collection pack.

- Angela Aki - Kiss Me Good-bye (Final Fantasy XII (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Emiko Shiratori - Melodies of Life (Final Fantasy IX (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Faye Wong - Eyes on Me (Final Fantasy VIII (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Florence + The Machine - Stand By Me (Final Fantasy XV (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Leona Lewis - My Hands (Final Fantasy XIII (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Rikki - Suteki Da Ne (Final Fantasy X (Band Tier: Warmup)
    NOTE: The video for Kiss Me Good-Bye is a cover, because I did found the original on Youtube, but it was kinda short, and also, it had characters talking over the music.

Even if you're not a fan of J-RPGs, This pack is sure to be a exciting pack to play. Tomorrow will be a Wishlist Rewind Pack, along with the Wishlist Weekly Challenge theme for this week.
  • It's Wednesday, time for me to reveal a new pack of Rewinds: Rewinds of the Southern Rock, Country, and Blues Genres. Plus, this week's Wishlist Weekly Challenge theme. :)

=Fritzy Katz's Rewind Selections 04=
    - .38 Special - Caught Up In You (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Blackfoot - Highway Song (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Brad Paisley ft. Keith Urban - Start a Band (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - Brandi Carlile - Mainstream Kid (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Rascals Flatt - Life Is a Highway (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Rival Sons - Keep On Swinging (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    =RB52018 Weekly Challenge Season 1 Week 4: And This Bird You Cannot Change (Play all songs of the Southern Rock, Country, and Blues Genres)=
    - ZZ Top - La Grange (On-Disc Spotlight)
    - Dolly Parton - Jolene (Season Pass Spotlight)
    - Seasick Steve - Summertime Boy (Legacy DLC Spotlight)

There will be some more DLC Tomorrow: The first DLC of February. I hope you're looking forward to it. :)
  • It is the first day of February, and as promised: A new Wishlist DLC Pack for the start of the month. :)

The first Wishlist DLC of the month of February is the second series of the Monthly Deep-Cuts, featuring songs from these three artists that has been in past Rock Band games: Against The Current (Rock Band VR), Metric (Rock Band 3), and The Primitives (Lego: Rock Band).

- I'll Stick With You: The Primitive's biggest hit, Crash, is a pretty nice tune that I've gotten to know, thanks to listening to it on a preview video for Lego: Rock Band songs. This deep-cut, which is from the same album as Crash, is just as good. I dare say that of the three Deep-cuts in this album, it's my favorite.
    - Hustle Rose: I've enjoyed Combat Baby, from Rock Band 3's setlist. Such a cool song, and very fun to play on Expert Vocals. This Metric Deep-cut, which is from the same album as Combat Baby, is just as cool as the latter.
    - Brighter: Thanks to Rock Band VR, I've gotten myself introduced to the sounds of Against The Current. The song that was in that game, Running With The Wild Things, is just a very cool song that I wished was in Rock Band 4 as DLC right now (Currently, there hasn't been a new VR Song as DLC since the Switchfoot one). This ballad-ly deep cut, from the same album as RWTWT, is a pretty nice song as well.

So, without further ado, I present the Monthly Deep-Cuts 02

- Against The Current - Brighter (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Metric - Hustle Rose (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Primitives - I'll Stick With You (Band Tier: Solid)

There will be more February Wishlist DLC coming this Sunday. :)
  • SPECIAL WISHLIST DLC ANNOUNCEMENT B)

My goal was to collect every song that was in Guitar Hero for my Rock Band 4 Library. And once I've done that, I'll focus on getting RBN songs that I would want for my Rock Band 2 Library. But then came the announcement made by HMXOwl that Every RBN Songs will be delisted. When I heard the news, this was my reaction...

It sucks, because there's a lot of cool songs that aren't official Rock Band DLC, some which should've been Official Rock Band DLC from the get-go, and they're all going to disappear at a later time. As of recent, I managed to salvage a lot of RBN Songs from the shop before they were gone forever. But, Harmonix needs the money to thrive, and if they cannot afford to keep the RBN songs in the shop for long, then it's probably best for them. (But sucks for certain people, like me, who hasn't bought many RBN songs :'( )

So, in response to HMXOwl's announcement, I'll be presenting a special DLC Pack of 20 Songs from the RBN that will be disappearing in the coming days. It's kinda like my Rewind packs, they won't be tiered, because tiers for them already exists. So, without further ado, I present Fritzy Katz's RBN Song Selections.

=Rock Band 1.0 Songs=
    - The Slip - Even Rats
    - Children of Nova - The Complexity of Light
    - Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life '09
    - Drowning Pool - Bodies
    - Seether - Remedy
    - Band of Skulls - I Know What I Am
    - Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
    - Bang Camaro - Swallow The Razor
    - Scale The Summit - The Great Plains
    - Five Finger Death Punch - Hard To See
    - Sunny Day Real Estate - Seven
    - Jonathan Coulton - Betty And Me
    - Fang Island - Daisy
    =Rock Band 2.0 Songs=
    - Buckner & Garcia - Pac-Man Fever
    - Honest Bob and the Factory-To-Dealer Incentives - Hey
    - Arch Enemy - Nemesis
    - An Endless Sporadic - Impulse
    - John Parr - St.Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
    - Brian Kahanek - Gemini
    - Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire

Look forward to Sunday's Wishlist DLC, once it comes. :)

#RIPRBN
  • It's Sunday, time for me to reveal more Wishlist DLC for this thread. :)

This week's DLC is not one Artist Pack, but two Artist Packs: A 3-Song Song Pack of Britian's modern indie rock legends, the Arctic Monkeys, and a 3-Song Pack of Motown's legendary vocal group, The Temptations. Similiar to my Motown Meets Britain pack from my first thread, we have both a British group that has been famous since the 2000s and a American group that has been famous since the 1960s.

So, first, we'll focus on the songs from the first pack, the Arctic Monkeys one. From that pack, we have...

- Fluorescent Adolescent: I regret not listening to the Arctic Monkeys' discography during the 2000s, because this song, which is from the same album as Brianstorm, is just a fun, bouncy song that is just so entertaining to listen to.
    - Do I Wanna Know?: The song that is likely to be the next DLC song from the Arctic Monkeys, if we ever got another one, due to it's status as a RIAA Platinum certified song, and the only Arctic Monkeys song to be charted in the US Charts. It's a cool song that I've gotten to like when I was listening to iTunes' Alternative Rock Radio Station (Before it was still good (They changed it with that iMusic thing, and now it sucks)
    - Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?: Another cool song from the AM Album (So far, that album got some cool songs that could easily compete with their earlier songs (R U Mine? is my favorite from that album). It's a given: Britain has some really cool bands during the 2000s-era.

And now, we'll move on to The Temptations pack. In this one, we have...

- My Girl: The Band's most legendary track, it's a 1960's R&B Classic that could only be produced by the band who did the backing vocals for Rick James' Super Freak. If we ever got any official DLC from The Temptations, then this would be a strong contender for the first DLC from them. It's also the first two major hits that had David Ruffin on lead vocals.
    - I Can't Get Next To You: I can see this track being more suited in Rock Band, because it has very funky instrumentation, and we never had any reps for Psychedelic Soul music, or 1960s Funk, officially. Dennis Edwards does lead vocals on this one.
    - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me): The only Temptations song that is from the 1970s in this pack. It's a another slow, ballad song that is just sweet and soulful. It should be interesting to know that The Rolling Stones did a cover of this song in their album, Some Girls.

So, now, without further ado, I present the Arctic Monkeys 01 and The Temptations 01 packs.

=Arctic Monkeys 01=
    - Fluorescent Adolescent (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Do I Wanna Know? (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? (Band Tier: Moderate)
    =The Temptaions 01=
    - My Girl (Band Tier: Solid)
    - I Can't Get Next To You (Band Tier: Nightmare (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    NOTE: Due to some content in the official Music Video, I've used a Audio Video of Why'd You Only Call Me When You High to avoid getting into trouble.

There will be a Rewind Pack that will be coming this Wednesday, but it will come with a special surprise. I hope you're looking forward to it. :)
  • Welp, it looks like another song from my first thread is getting released as DLC (And the upcoming rivals week for RB4 will be Pop and R&B).

- Brick House by the Commodores will be released on RB4 this week. (Link to the post with the song's tier)

The song replaced a song I had for a Wishlist Pre-Order Track, which was Play That Funky Music (Which was released as official DLC 3 months ago). Plus it was on DropMix, which kinda cemented it's eventual inclusion as Rock Band DLC.

I'll not be replacing it back at the old Thread, since I've already started a new thread. Instead, it'll be crossed off once @MCSMeister does his 3-way comparison of the official Harmonix Tiering with mine and @TuleRune's (Glad to see him back in action) tiering of the song, this Thursday.
  • It's Wednesday, time for me to reveal a new pack of Rewinds for the Wishlist Thread. And another special treat: A pack called RBN Leftovers, which is a pack of RBN Songs that never made the cut for the Fritzy Katz's RBN Song Selection pack. So, without further ado, I present the two packs, plus the Wishlist Weekly Challenge Theme for this week.

=Fritzy Katz's Rewind Selections 05=
    - Bob Marley & The Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Dance Hall Crashers - Lost Again (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Gnarls Barkley - Run (I'm a Natural Disaster) (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - James Brown - I Feel Good (1975 Re-Record) (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    =Fritzy Katz's RBN Leftovers 01=
    - Alien Ant Farm - Movies
    - Asking Alexandria - Final Episode (Let's Change The Channel)
    - Band of Horses - The Funeral
    - Dir En Grey - Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami
    - Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
    - Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies (Live)
    - Hushpuppies - You're Gonna Say Yeah!
    - Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (RBN Mix)
    - Portugal. The Man - Do You
    =RB52018 Weekly Challenge Season 1 Week 5: Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Poser)=
    - The Four Seasons - C'mon Marianne (On-Disc Spotlight)
    - The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You (Season Pass Spotlight)
    - Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot (Legacy DLC Spotlight)

Next Wishlist DLC will be coming on Sunday. :)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited February 8
    "Brick House" comparison

Very, very close tier! Drums are spot-on, while everything else is only a dot off. Overall, this was fairly mild in difficulty for a funk song, though I agree with Harmonix's 3 on guitar because there's a fair bit of chordy hammer-on sections (especially in the outro) that I could see throwing off some people at first. On the other hand, this was the most trouble I've had with a vocal chart ever since "Cheat on the Church" back in November...it felt like it took 20 attempts to properly FC (and it probably did). So, no doubt a high vocal tier is more than deserving on this one.

Here's the three-way comparison with @TuleRune. I'm pretty sure I've never seen two tiers this exact - you and TuleRune tiered almost everything exactly the same, save for a one-dot vocal difference. And, again, I think either 5 or devils would be perfectly valid for vocals. I personally think it should be devils, though, because very rarely do I have this much trouble with a vocal chart, and funk songs are pretty hard to sing in general due to all of the ad-libbing.
  • edited February 9
    @MCSMeister Nice to see that I've gotten 1 out of 4, again. :)

But yeah, I didn't expected the Guitar or Bass to be easy on Brick House. Most of the 1970's R&B/Soul/Funk songs has some pretty tricky, yet fun charts. So, I agree with Harmonix's tierings over my own.

I haven't bought Brick House myself (Though I would've, if it wasn't for Harmonix's mistake of not letting us know that the other song that came out this week (Absolutely (Story of a Girl), which is such a good song and so fun on vocals) was the Spotlight for this week's challenge). But thanks to letting me know that it was a hard vocal song. (And yes, I can agree with you that Cheat on the Church is also a hard vocal song).

But look forward to the upcoming Wishlist DLC for the upcoming Sunday. :)
  • It's Sunday. Time for me to reveal more Wishlist DLC for this thread. :)

This week's Weekly Wishlist DLC is the entire Dreamboat Annie album by Heart. Since Harmonix has gotten Heart DLC for Rock Band, I was hoping they get Crazy On You from the get-go. But unfortunately, It never happened (But I can't complain much, since they did gotten some of their other known hits like Barracuda, Alone, and What About Love?). But I've been waiting for the day for Crazy On You to come to Rock Band for real for a long time.

Since Crazy On You is in Rock Band 5 2018's On-Disc Setlist on this thread, this pack will have the remaining 8 songs. My family had the entire Dreamboat Annie album on record, and I've went to listen to every song on that album on a Youtube Video, since I've never listened to the entire album before. I have to say that I've enjoyed every song from that album. So I'll detail my 5 favorite songs from that album, in no particular order.

- Magic Man: Apart from Crazy On You, which is my all-time favorite from the Dreamboat Annie album, this would be my second favorite song, because it has a really cool Guitar Solo just before the very end of the song. Though, Crazy On You will most likely come out first if we ever got any DLC from the Dreamboat Annie album for real, but I would also like to see this song as well. The DLC Version of this song has the first version of the song, Dreamboat Annie, called Dreamboat Annie (Fantasy Child), intergrated into it's track.
    - Crazy On You (On-Disc Song): Without a doubt, my most favorite song from this album and from Heart's entire Discography. If we ever got any DLC that is from the Dreamboat Annie album, this would be the first song. I'm glad that Rocksmith was able to get the Master Recording first, which gives me a little bit of hope for the song's eventual inclusion into Rock Band's expanded library of DLC.
    - Soul of the Sea: You what's so good about B-Sides? They tend to have really good songs that are overlooked by fans who knows their memorable A-Side hits. Soul of the Sea is the B-Side for Arista's Crazy On You's Single Release, and it's just as good as the A-Side that came with it. It starts off as a ballad, but the tempo kicks up a notch after the second chorus, and then it goes back to normal ballad-like pace at the last part of the song.
    - White Lightning & Wine: This Deep-Cut is just as cool as Crazy On You and Magic Man, and thus is it now my third favorite song. Has a really insane Guitar Solo, which I've never heard in Heart's Discography before. It kinda reminds me of a song by The Rolling Stones, but with a female vocalist in place of Mick Jagger. I know a song like this has a very low chance of being included as a DLC, because nowadays, sadly, Harmonix doesn't include Deep-Cuts anymore.
    - Sing Child: This is the B-Side to Dreamboat Annie (The 2:02 Song that comes after Soul of the Sea). What makes this song so cool that it's got Flute, much like with Focus', who is known for the song, Hocus Pocus, and Jethro Tull. And it also has a very cool Guitar Solo. And a very wicked Drum Outro at the end of the song.
    Honorable Mentions: Dreamboat Annie (Reprise)

So without further ado, I present the Heart - Dreamboat Annie Full Album Pack.

- Magic Man/Dreamboat Annie (Fantasy Child) (Band Tier: Nightmare (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    - Soul of the Sea (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Dreamboat Annie (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - White Lightning & Wine (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - (Love Me Like Music) I'll Be Your Song (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Sing Child (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - How Deep It Goes (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Dreamboat Annie (Reprise) (Band Tier: Moderate)

Starting tomorrow, there will be 2 Packs of DLC representing Bands from the British Commonwealth and Bands from Foreign Countries, in celebration of the 2018 Winter Olympics. So look forward to those, as well as the upcoming Pack of Rewinds, which will be coming this Wednesday. :)
  • It's Monday, and as promised, I'll be revealing two packs in celebration of the 2018 Winter Olympics. :)

These packs will be called Fritzy Katz's British Selections and Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections. They will contain songs from bands from the British Commonwealth Countries (3 will be used: Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom (With the UK being divided into 6 pieces: Central England, Ireland, Northern England, Scotland, Southern England, and Wales), and Foreign Countries (The Countries that will have their own packs be France, Germany, Italy, Japan, The Countries of Latin America, The Netherlands, and Sweden. There will be one more pack that has various countries not listed).

The first two packs for this day will be Canada for the British Selections series, and Japan for the Foreign Selections series. The British Selections Packs songs are...
    - Lakeside Park: Representing Canadian Hard Rock and Metal. One of the most beloved bands from Canada to ever provide DLC for Rock Band is Rush, which is one of my favorite Prog Bands from the 1970s. Not counting 3 cover songs, Rush has currently 20 Songs that has been released officially, both On-Disc and DLC. All but one of their albums from the 1970s has been repped (And albums past Signals (Barring Clockwork Angels) has yet to be repped as well).
    My goal is to try and make every Rush Album that hasn't been repped, repped by providing DLC from each of those albums. And what's a better way to start than with the one 1970s Album that has yet to be repped: Caress of Steel, one of Rush's least successful albums. The song that I chose from the album, Lakeside Park, is a pretty good song, in my opinion. It's a shame that this song, along with the other single from Caress of Steel, Bastille Day, are secluded from later Compilation albums of Rush's Discography (After Retrospective I).
    - The Craziest Thing: Representing Canadian Country. I'll admit one thing: I don't listen to modern country that much. But I will admit one thing: Some Modern Country songs are pretty good, and this song, from the talented Rick Tippe, which is from his album, Get Hot or Go Home, is a pretty darned good song that I've listened to via Youtube.
    - You Won't Dance With Me: Representing Classic Canadian Rock. What got me hooked into this song was it's 1950's Ballad-style, which I liked, because apart from Classic Rock, I also like Oldies Rock music. (I gotten this love for Oldies Rock music when I was growing up listening to Beatles songs, as well as listening to Oldies Radio, and also, Richard Simmons' Sweatin' To The Oldies, and Disney's D-TV got me into that type of music).
    - Jimmie's Still Jimmie: Representing Canadian Indie Rock. A pretty good song for me, even if it's a bit repetitive. But I chose it to choose variety from the Canadian Provinces.
    - Big Yellow Taxi: Representing Canadian Pop-Rock. A pretty solid song for me, since it's a 1970s Oldies Rock song, which I'm in to. The first non-instrumental song from this thread that only haves 2 Instruments and the vocals. (Bass is missing).
    - Afternoons & Coffeespoons: Representing Canadian Alternative Rock. This song is from the same album as Crash Test Dummies' big hit, Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, and I have to say that I liked this song better than their bigger hit (Of course, I do like Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, too. But I'm planning that as either a Setlist Replacement or a Song for a 2019 Wishlist). Canada sure does have some good Alternative and Indie Rock bands. (I must thank Harmonix for introducing me to bands like Metric, I Mother Earth, and such).
    - Northern Touch: Representing Canadian Hip-hop. I'm not a fan of modern Hip-hop. But I needed a rep for the Hip-hop genre, which is why I've chose it. This song, which is a collaboration of Canada's most famous Hip-hop artists from the 80s and 90s, is alright. But I still like Classic Hip-hop better. However, as I said before, I needed a rep for the Hip-Hop genre.
    - I've Got A Hole Where My Heart Should Be: Representing Modern Canadian Rock. I've been seeing some users from the Rock Band Community requesting this band for Rock Band: The Sheepdogs. I've never listened to their music before, and I heard good words about their stuff. So I checked out this song, which is my choice for them. I have to say that it's a pretty good song, and I think the Rock Band community has good taste.

So, hear is my Fritzy Katz's British Selections 01 pack, which represents bands and artists from the country of Canada. Provided by your favorite Zootopian Rabbit officer, Judy Hopps.

- April Wine - You Won't Dance With Me (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Crash Test Dummies - Afternoons & Coffeespoons (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Joel Plaskett - Jimmie's Still Jimmie (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Rascalz feat. Kardinal Offshall, Checkmate, Thrust, & Choclair - Northern Touch (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Rick Tippe - The Craziest Thing (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Rush - Lakeside Park (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Sheepdogs - I've Got A Hole Where My Heart Should Be (Band Tier: Moderate)
    NOTE: For Integrity reasons, I intentionally opted the Original Album Cover for the Cover of the Best Hits for Afternoons & Coffeespoons' tier. And also, the video for Northern Touch is a live version.

The first Foreign Selections Pack, with the Japanese songs, will come later. :)
  • And now, for the songs from Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 01.

- Bel Air ~Kuuhaku no Toki no Naka De~: Representing Visual-kei. I love Japan's music culture. Got into that type of music ever since I've watch my first anime, which was Ranma One-half (As a kid. Yes, I am aware that it's a romantic comedy anime, which kids shouldn't be watching. But I've enjoyed not only the comedy, but also it's music). When Rock Band included X Japan in their Rock Band 2 20 Free songs pack, I was ecstatic (And I seriously regret not getting that 20 Song Pack before it was too late, because I've been wanting to see more X Japan songs to come to Rock Band (And since they have a documentary film, it gives me a tiny bit of hope for more X Japan).
    Malice Mizer is one of those bands that I probably should've been listening to more (Haven't listened to much of their discography), but the song I chose from them is pretty good. But then again, most Visual-kei artists tends to be good (X Japan is my favorite of that genre).
    - Sweet Soul Revue: Representing Shibuya-kei. Shibuya has a really outstanding music culture, which I find very... Entertaining, to say the least. So, I went with the most recognizable band of that genre: Pizzicato Five. This is my favorite song from them.
    - Hana Ichi Monme: Representing Classic J-Rock. To most fans of Japanese Rock Music, many people regards Happy End as the Japanese Beatles. This song is from their most famous album, Kazamachi Roman, which is regarded as the most beloved album of Japanese Rock Music. And I can totally see why: The song I've chose definitely has a similar sound to certain songs recorded by The Beatles.
    - Taking Off: Representing Modern J-Rock. Fueled By Ramen has some pretty solid bands like Paramore and Panic! At The Disco. I was surprised to know that they had a Japanese Band among their lineup of artists. The song that I've chose from them, which is from their album, Ambitions, is pretty darn good. It's sound is similar to Fall Out Boy's recent hits, which I also like (As mentioned earlier in the Album Preview pack for FOB's Mania album).
    - Heavy Rotation: Representing J-Pop. In my first wishlist thread, I have included a song from Morning Musume. And in this thread, I'll be including this song, from the other big J-Pop group: AKB48. This is my favorite song from this band: Such a fun, yet cheerful song that sounds like it came from a Anime.
    - Hito ni Yasashiku: Representing Japanese Punk Rock. The Blue Hearts are one of the most beloved Rock Bands from their era: The 1980s. In my first wishlist Thread, one of their big songs, Train Train, was part of my Rock Band 5 On-Disc Setlist. This song, was the very first song that got me into The Blue Hearts' discography.
    - Magenta Magenta: Representing Japanese Hip-hop. Even Japan has Hip-Hop, and I like it better than modern American Hip-hop. This song was chosen, because it had a character from Jojo's Bizzarre Adventures' Steel Ball Run Arc that was named after it (Actually, two characters were named after Soul'd Out's discography (Because Soul'd Out did a song for a film for JJBA's Phantom Blood arc).
    - Sukiyaki (Ue e Muite Aruko): Representing Enka & Kayokyoku. A surprise that you'd least expected from this thread. This is the very first Japanese song to ever play in the United States, and just a sweet song that I've enjoy, since I love Oldies Pop and Rock. Though, the song is not a typical Rock Band Standard song, since there's no Guitar (Alt-Charted Xylophone and Violin for the Guitar Chart), which is why Harmonix will likely go for the cover made by A Taste of Honey, since it had more instrumentation.

And without further ado, hear is the Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections pack, which represents bands and artists from Japan. These songs are provided by Kazuhiro Toramine (Who is one of the 14 Zootopian Predator citizens who went missing during the Night Howler Scandal).

- AKB48 - Heavy Rotation (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - The Blue Hearts - Hito ni Yasashiku (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Happy End - Hana Ichi Monme (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki (Ue e Muite Aruko) (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Malice Mizer - Bel Air ~Kuuhaku no Toki no Naka De~ (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - One OK Rock - Taking Off (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Pizzicato Five - Sweet Soul Revue (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Soul'd Out - Magenta Magenta (Band Tier: Solid)
    NOTE: The Video for Magenta Magenta is a cover, because the original isn't on a Youtube video.

The Fritzy Katz's British Selection packs and Foreign Selection packs will continue until February 23 (Which is near the end of the Olympics), and will have breaks from Weekends and Wednesdays (Sundays will have Weekly DLC, while Wednesdays will have Rewind Selections packs).
  • A new day means the next packs of the Fritzy Katz's British Selections series and Foreign Selections series. :)

Today, I'll be doing Australia for the British Selections pack, and The Netherlands for the Foreign Selections pack. For Australia, these songs will be in...

- I Am Immortal: Ah, Australia. Another good country that has good bands and artists. For the first song for the Australian-themed British Selections pack, I'll be choosing this one to represent Australian Thrash Metal. Such a darned good song, and it's a shame that it will probably never come as DLC, because Harmonix is going after well known songs and bands. But still, this song is awesome.
    - Have You Never Been Mellow?: Representing Australian Country. Sung by the lovely Olivia Newton-John, who is best known for her role as Sandy Olsen from one of my favorite 1970s films, Grease. A gentle song, much like most of Olivia's hits, but still a great 70s classic that I enjoy listening too.
    - Turn Up Your Radio: Representing Classic Australian Rock. This song is kinda like Dave Clark Five on steroids: It's a cool Classic Rock song that I was never aware of until now (Because I've just listened to it recently).
    - My Happiness: Representing Australian Alternative Rock. The biggest hit from a very popular band that got their name from a Neil Young song. A very nice song that I discovered in recent times.
    - Sooner or Later: Representing Australian Pop-Rock. I enjoyed this song a lot. And it was a good thing I've discovered it, because it's such a rare obscurity that really sounds very good.
    - Baby, I'm Getting Better: Representing Australian Indie Rock. Another nice song that I've listened to recently. It's amazing to discover new bands on the Wikipedia, because that's what I've used to find Australian Bands I've never listened to before.
    - Cosby Sweater: Representing Australian Hip-Hop. Compared to most modern Hip-hop songs, I've actually enjoyed this one, in spite of the fact that it has profane lyrics.
    - Get Ready to Wiggle: Representing Australian Children Music. I have to admit that I didn't knew that The Wiggles were a Australian band until recently (I've always assumed they were American, but I was wrong). I have to say that I enjoyed this song.

And so, I present to you the Fritzy Katz's British Selections 02 pack. Brought to you by your favorite once Con-Artist, now ZPD Officer Fox, Nick Wilde.

- Gyroscope - Baby, I'm Getting Better (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Hilltop Hoods - Cosby Sweater (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - The Innocents - Sooner or Later (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Masters Apprentices - Turn Up Your Radio (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Mortal Sin - I Am Immortal (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow? (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Powderfinger - My Happiness (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Wiggles - Get Ready to Wiggle (Band Tier: Solid)

Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 02, with the Dutch songs, will be coming later today.
  • And now for Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 02 Pack. The songs in this pack are...

- Mother Earth: The Netherlands has some pretty solid bands, but yet they are overlooked by Harmonix (Because they prefer UK, France, Germany, and Sweden over anything else). This song, by Within Temptation, represents Dutch Symphonic Metal. Thanks to @Vexus' Wishlist thread, I was able to appreciate on how beautiful Symphonic Metal from the Netherlands are. This song is breath-taking.
    - Jovink rot op!: Representing Boerenrock (Which is The Netherlands' variant of the US' Southern Rock). I've heard this song via a Pokémon gameplay video. There was one part that had Music from The Netherlands playing over the game's own music. This song was one of them, and it's such a cool song.
    - Weekend: Representing Classic Dutch Rock. A nice song that almost sound like a Blondie song. It was a good thing that I've discovered this song via Google and Wikipedia, because I like it.
    - Had2BYou: Representing Dutch Indie Rock. A very cool song that is very upbeat and energetic. But sadly, a song like this has a very low chance of getting into Rock Band as DLC, which is a shame, because it's very good.
    - Good God: Representing Dutch Pop-Rock. This song is from Guitar Hero World Tour's setlist, and it's a very catchy tune that I've enjoyed. I doubt Harmonix will get it as DLC, but I can dream that it can happen. If it does happen, then I'll be ecstatic.
    - Damclub Hooligan: Representing Dutch Punk. I've listened to this fun and energetic song just recently, because I needed a Dutch Punk Rock act. And I'm glad that I've chosen it, because it's really good.
    - Deeper Shade of Soul: Representing Nederhop (Dutch Hip-hop). I saw the music video for this song on VH1 Classics, and I find it very soulful, yet catchy, because I like Classic Hip-hop more than Modern Hip-hop.
    - No Limits: Representing Dutch Eurodance. Ever since we got Blue (Da Ba De) on RBN (Soon to be expired) and The Sign on RB4, I've been wanting some more Eurodance tracks to appear in Rock Band. And what's a better way to do that then to include a hit song from the Eurodance group that is famous for one of the most famous Sports anthems since the 1990s, Get Ready for This.This song is fun, energetic, and upbeat, and if Harmonix can get it, then I can expect to see more Eurodance in the future.

And without further ado, I present to you Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 02. These songs are provided by Mr.Boris Bearkov. (Who is yet another past victim of the Night Howler Scandal and was eventually saved and cured by Judy and Nick).

- 2 Unlimited - No Limits (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Anouk - Good God (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Bettie Serveert - Had2BYou (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Earth and Fire - Weekend (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Heideroosjes - Damclub Hooligan (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Jovink en de Voederbietels - Jovink rot op! (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Urban Dance Squad - Deeper Shade of Soul (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Within Temptation - Mother Earth (Band Tier: Nightmare)

Tomorrow will be the next Rewind Selections pack, along with the Wishlist Weekly Challenge theme for this week. :)
  • Happy Belated Valentines Day, everyone. :)

Sorry for the long delay, but I was busy deciding the songs for the rest of the future Fritzy Katz's British Selections and Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selection songs. But hear is Wednesday's Rewind Pack, along with the Wishlist Weekly Challenge of this week.

=Fritzy Katz's Rewind Selections 06=
    - Bad Company - Shooting Star (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Boston - Foreplay/Long Time (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Chicago - 25 of 6 to 4 (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Cream - White Room (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Deep Purple - Highway Star (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - The Doobie Brothers - China Grove (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Eagles - Hotel California (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Elton John - Crocodile Rock (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Foreigner - Cold as Ice (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Golden Earring - Radar Love (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - The Guess Who - American Woman (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Journey - Wheel In The Sky (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Kiss - Detroit Rock City (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Rick Derringer - Rock'n Roll Hoochie Koo (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - The Who - Pinball Wizard (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    =RB52018 Weekly Challenge Season 1 Week 6: We'll Keep On Fighting Till The End=
    - Queen - Innuendo (On-Disc Spotlight)
    - Heart - Magic Man/Dreamboat Annie (Fantasy Child (Season Pass Spotlight))
    - Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Let It Ride (Legacy DLC Spotlight (First RB52018 DLC Spotlight that isn't a Spotlight Pass DLC))

The British Selection and Foreign Selection packs continues until this Saturday. It will be coming soon, at a later time today once I wake up from bedtime. :)
  • As promised on Midnight of this day, I'll be posting the next part of the British Selections and Foreign Selections packs at a later time today. And hear they are now. :)

Today's British Selections and Foreign Selections pack are songs from The United Kingdom and Countries from Latin America.

The United Kingdom will be divided into 4 Regions: Ireland (Well, The Republic of Ireland is not part of the UK, Northern Ireland is part of the UK (But The Republic of Ireland is very close to the UK) , Scotland, Wales, and England (England will be divided into 3 Regions: Central England, Northern England, and Southern England (Which means, 6 Packs for the UK (3 for the other regions of the UK barring England, and 3 for the 3 Regions of England). For this day, the first Region of the UK for today's pack is Ireland.

For the third British Selections pack, which has songs from Ireland. We have these songs...
    - Screamager: The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland has music that is just as good as their UK Neighbors. This song is Ireland's rep for Irish Metal. It's just a cool song that I wished it was in Rock Band as a DLC (Which is probably not going to happen, since the band is pretty unknown to Harmonix's standards nowadays (They used to go after bands of such caliber, but not any more), or in the next Rock Band game.
    - Breathless: Representing Irish Folk Rock (Well, Technically Pop-Rock. But The Corrs, according to their Wikipedia artical, are a "Irish band that combines Pop Rock with Traditional Irish themes."). I haven't listened to The Corrs discography prior before listening to this song, but I though the song was pretty good, for a poppy song.
    - Bad Reputation: Representing Classic Irish Rock. I loved The Boys Are Back In Town, and I wasn't aware of Thin Lizzy's other songs in their discography, until I've played this song, on Guitar Hero 2, and later, Jailbreak, on Guitar Hero 5. It's such a cool song, with a wicked Guitar Solo before the outro.
    - What You Know: Representing Irish Indie Rock. In last year's DLC Prediction thread for March, HMXOwl said that Two Door Cinema Club is a delight. And I couldn't agree more. I just listened to one of their biggest songs, which is this song, and I loved every sound of it. Now I know why some members of the Rock Band Community liked this band, and listening to this song had made me a fan of their stuff.
    - Hall of Fame: Representing Irish Pop-Rock. This soulfully beautiful song, which features will.i.am of Black Eyed Peas as a guest vocalist, is just breath taking. I hope that this one will be in Rock Band as DLC, because I would love to sing that on Vocals.
    - Goldfinger: Representing Irish Alternative. Now hear's a Irish Band that hasn't been requested often by the Rock Band Community: Ash. This song is so cool, that I wished I've listened to it often (I have the album on CD, but I haven't listened to Ash's discography until now).
    - Uptown Girl: Representing Irish Teen Pop. A cover of the Billy Joel song of the same name (We already have the Original as DLC) by one of the biggest Boy Bands of Ireland (The other being Boyzone). It's tempo is pretty different, yet so good. But it's unlikely we'll get this cover, or any other song from Westlife's discography.
    - Orinoco Flow (Sail Away): Representing Celtic Music. You didn't think I'd put in a New Age song, did you? Well, I don't expect Harmonix to go after New Age songs anytime soon, but it could happen. If they can put an Acapella song in RBN. If they can put in New Jack Swing, Doo-wop, and Eurodance in Rock Band, then I don't see why they can't do New Age as well. This song is a pretty tune, whose artist, who was one of the band members of Clanned, is a pretty solid vocalist with a angelic voice. I would like to sing this song on Rock Band, if it's possible.

So, hear's the first of 6 British Selections packs that will represent the United Kingdom: British Selections 03. Presented by a familiar face: From the Mystery Track Pack game, Simon Loboson. (Who is also one of the cured victims of the Night Howler Scandal).

- Ash - Goldfinger (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - The Corrs - Breathless (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Enya - Orinoco Flow (Sail Away) (Band Tier: Warmup) (Genre is labeled as New Age, which is a new Genre)
    - The Script - Hall of Fame (Feat. will.i.am) (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Therapy? - Screamager (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Westlife - Uptown Girl (Band Tier: Solid)
    (NOTE: For Screamager's tier, I've intentionally used The Gemil Box's album cover over Troublegum's album cover for the sake of integrity).

The British Selections from 04-08 will all be from the UK from this point onward.

(Continued in next post)
  • edited February 16
    And for the songs of Foreign Selections 03, we have...

- Refuse/Resist: I cannot deny that Latin America has some really good music, and this song, representing Brazilian Thrash Metal (And the country of Brazil) is a good example. It was listed as 26 of VH1's Top 40 Metal Songs, which I thought was a good recognition of a insanely talented Thrash Metal band from the largest country of South America. It's a pretty cool song that I like.
    - Como la Flor: Representing Tejano (And the country of Mexico (Well, technically, she's from the US (Texas). But Mexico is bordered by Texas, so might as well make her Mexico's rep). A pretty catchy song from one of a very talented lady who is known as the "Tejano Madonna". It's really a shame about her then early death in 1995, because she is a very good artist. And I'm glad that I've gotten to listen to her discography just now.
    - Mira Niñata: Representing Classic Rock en español (And the Country of Chile). Thanks to Wikipedia and Google, I was able to find out about this song and listen to it. It's a pretty cool song, that incorporates elements of Andean music into Rock music, which I was intrigued by.
    - De Música Ligera: Representing Modern Rock en español (And the Country of Argentina). I've taken a liking for this song, because it sounds so cool.
    - Hips Don't Lie: Representing Latin Pop (And the Country of Columbia). Was originally planned for the Shakira Pack from my first Wishlist Thread. But replaced it with one of the songs from her latest album. So, now, I'm placing this song in this pack. It's a pretty good song, which I liked (Though, after Waka Waka and Try Everything. I think I'm taking a liking for Shakira's discography). I wished Harmonix would get some Shakira songs for Rock Band (Hopefully, for a Region-based theme for Rivals, if we ever get one).
    - Calma Pueblo: Representing Latin Hip-hop and Alternative Rock (And the Country of Puerto Rico (One of the two reps for that country). Has a very funky, yet cool instrumentation, which I dig. It also has rapping, and probably some Profane lyrics (But they're in Spanish, so I can tolerate a song like this).
    - International Love: Representing Latin Dance Pop (And the Country of Cuba (Well, technically The U.S. again. (The artist is Cuban-American, so I'm okay with him being Cuba's rep). Harmonix will most likely get Pitbull, eventually. Of all of the songs of Mr.Worldwide's discography, this is my favorite (A guilty pleasure song for me). I would love to sing this on Rock Band, if we ever got it.
    - Despacito: Representing Raggaeton (And the Coutry of Puerto Rico (The other Rep for this country). Just listened to this song recently, and I can see this being in Rock Band, sometime soon. I though it was pretty cool sounding, so I'm down for getting this song for DLC eventually.

And without further ado, I present Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 03. Presenting the songs is Myra Panthuvar.

- Calle 13 - Calma Pueblo (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Los Jaivas - Mira Niñata (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Luis Fonsi - Despacito (Feat. Daddy Yankee) (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Pitbull - International Love (Feat. Chris Brown) (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Selena - Como la Flor (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Sepultura - Refuse/Resist (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (Feat. Wyclef Jean) (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Soda Stereo - De Música Ligera (Band Tier: Challenging)
    NOTE: For Integrity sake, I've intentionally used the Cover Art for the Single for Hips Don't Lie for it's tiering over the Cover Art for the Album the song originated from. And yes, I did mispelled Luis Fonsi's name on the DLC Reveal card.

As you are aware, the next update for Rivals will possibly be coming next week, if Harmonix doesn't find bugs while testing out the update patch. If it does come, then I'll unveal the songs for the first Setlist Expansion on the same day. If it doesn't, then the First Setlist songs will come on February 27 as planned earlier.

Look forward to the fourth British Selections and Foreign Selections packs, tomorrow. :)

EDIT: Added the Music Video links, because I forgot to do so apparently.
  • edited February 17
    It's Saturday. I was going to do this yesterday, but it's time for me to post the next British Selections and Foreign Selections Packs.

The Packs that was planned for Yesterday are Songs from Bands and Artists from Wales (British Selections 04) and Italy (Foreign Selections 04) respectivly.

For British Selections 04, we have these songs.

- You Want a Battle? (Here's a War): The United Kingdom has numerous good bands and artists, and Rock Band has some DLC from the best of Her Majesty's homeland. The main United Kingdom landmass is divided into 3 regions: England, Scotland, and Wales. And on this pack, we'll be covering the Region of Wales.
    Our first song represents Welsh Metal. Scream, Aim, and Fire was the song that got me into the discography of Bullet For My Valentine. Waking The Demon was also a enjoyable song too. The song for song 1 is from their latest album, and I must say that it is a cool song that I enjoyed listening to.
    - Ffair y Bala: Representing Welsh Folk. This song, unlike the other songs in British Selections 04, is sung entirely in Welsh Language. It's a pretty neat song, for a Folk-genre song. A shame that it has a low chance of ever appearing in RB4 as Official Rock Band DLC.
    - Born to Be With You: Representing Classic Welsh Rock. Hear's a nice oldies-styled Poppy Rock song that is sung by the guy who did a successful cover of Smiley Lewis' I Hear You Knocking. (I'm saving the cover for 2019's Wishlist). I thought the song was enjoyable, and I would love to dream that it would appear in Rock Band as DLC. But alas, they'll probably go after the successful I Hear You Knocking cover.
    - Golden Retreiver: Representing Welsh Indie Rock. This song kinda reminds me of a song done by Tame Impala, except this band made this song in the 2000s. It's a cool song that I've gotten to like, and I'm glad that I've used Wikipedia to look it up.
    - She's a Lady: Representing Welsh Pop-Rock. One of my favorite songs, as I listened to it on Oldies Radio Stations. Tom Jones would be a nice addition for Rock Band, and if we ever got any DLC from him, it would probably be It's Not Unusual, because it appeared in Ubisoft's Just Dance series, as a DLC Song on their second game. But I like this song the best, because it has better instrumentation, and it's a groovy song.
    - Waterfall: Representing Welsh Alternative Rock. I thought that this is a good song, too. Though, the band that did the song, is best known for their big hit, Buck Rogers. I chose this song over their bigger hit, instead.
    - Goldfinger: Representing Welsh R&B/Soul/Funk. You're probably thinking "Fritzy, you've already posted Goldfinger, just a few days ago. Why you're posting it again?" Well, that's because this a different Goldfinger: which is from the James Bond film of the same name, done by the lovely Shirley Bassey, who did the theme songs for Diamonds Are Forever and Moonraker.
    - Dakota: Representing Welsh Post-Britpop. In the 2000s, Post-Britpop is the answer to America's Post-Grunge: A successor to the popular Britpop genre in the 1990s. Stereophonics is one of the many well-known bands of the genre, and this song is their biggest song from their discography. I thought it was a pretty cool song that I've enjoyed listening to.

So, hear is the Fritzy Katz's British Selections 04. Presented by another familiar face from the Mystery Track Pack game: Stephanie Stalkinew.

- Bob Delyn a'r Ebillion - Ffair y Bala (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Bullet For My Valentine - You Want a Battle? (Here's a War) (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Dave Edmunds - Born to Be With You (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Feeder - Waterfall (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Stereophonics - Dakota (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Super Furry Animals - Golden Retreiver (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Tom Jones - She's a Lady (Band Tier: Challenging)

(Continued in next post)
  • edited February 18
    For Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 04, we have these songs.

- Die & Rise: Ah, Italy. One of the most cultural countries out there. It's famous for it's landmarks, it's food, and it's music. As far as Italian Rock music goes, I am familiar with Lacuna Coil. And this song, from their album, Broken Crown Halo, is the first of the eight songs in this pack, representing Italian Metal. It was the first time that I heard a song that was song mainly by the Male Vocalist, and the first time I heard the female vocalist, which I'm typically familiar with, sing in Italian Language. Those facts alone makes me like this song a lot.
    - 750,000 anna fa...l'amore?: Representing Italian Progressive Rock. Prog Rock is without a doubt, a enjoyable genre of Rock Music. But Italy takes it to a new level. This song is done by one their Prog Rock bands, Banco del Muteo Sorcosso, and it is simply amazing.
    - I giardini di marzo: Representing Classic Italian Rock. A nice Italian Folk Rock song that is done by one of the most famous Italian Pop singers, Lucio Battisti. Whenever I listen to it, I can picture myself in a Italian Restraunt enjoying a nice plate of pasta, because it's a very good song that I enjoyed.
    - Maudit: Representing Modern Italian Rock. As you are aware, we have a song from Litfiba in Rock Band as DLC. But did you know that the album that the song came from is part of a Tetralogy? I figured, why don't I do other songs from the other albums of the Tetralogy, should I do a Litfiba song and that's exactly what I'm doing. This song came from the Terremoto album, and I have to say that it's a pretty cool song. (I should probably pick up Proibito before it gets delisted, should it ever happen (But I gotta listen to that song first).
    - Nuvole e Lenzuola: Representing Italian Pop-Rock. This song is from Guitar Hero World Tour's On-Disc Setlist. It's a pretty cool song that I enjoyed (Even though, I haven't played it much on GHWT).
    - Potere al popolo: Representing Italian Punk. The band that does this song, which is named after the Italian Word for The Beagle Boys (Who are antagonists from Duck Tales), is a political band. But this song, which I choose from them, is pretty good.
    - Bella: Representing Italian R&B/Soul/Funk. I dig this song. It's a enjoyable, yet mellow song that I wish it would be in Rock Band as DLC. But sad thing is, Harmonix isn't going to go after it, because they're going for songs that are popular in the US Charts. But still, I would love to sing this song if we ever got it as RB DLC.
    - I Like Chopin: Representing Italo Disco. One of my favorite genres is the Italo Disco genre, which is a pretty interesting genre. I heard parts of this song on a compilation video for 1980s One-Hit Wonder songs and this song was one of the songs I heard (And no, it's not the one from TheGreat80's. It was from another person).

And without further ado, hear is Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 04. Brought to you by Mr. Barry DiCaprio.

- Banco del Muteo Sorcosso - 750,000 anna fa...l'amore? (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Banda Bassotti - Potere al popolo (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Gazebo - I Like Chopin (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Jovanotti - Bella (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Lacuna Coil - Die & Rise (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Liftiba - Maudit (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Lucio Battisti - I giardini di marzo (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Negramaro - Nuvole e Lenzuola (Band Tier: Challenging)

Tomorrow, I'll be posting the next Weekly DLC. The British Selections and Foreign Selection Packs will resume on February 19, which is the day after tomorrow. :)

EDIT: Fixed a typo error. (Italy's a country, not a city).
  • It's Sunday, time for me to post the next Weekly Wishlist DLC. :)

11 years ago, on the month of November. Rock Band was born. 1 year later, on the month of September. The first squeal to the first game, Rock Band 2, came out. RB2 had everything for me: The best On-Disc Soundtrack (Better than RB4's (Though I liked it too), more to Character customization, and the best Tour Mode. It is my favorite entry of the Rock Band series.

Now it's on it's 10th Anniversary year, and what's a better way to celebrate Rock Band 2 than with a Wishlist DLC Pack. Our Weekly DLC for this week is the first of a series of Packs to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Rock Band 2. It will have songs from all of the non-Harmonix Bonus Bands. The first pack will have 3 songs from Artists of the songs that was in the Warmup-Band Tier Challenge for RB2's Challenge Mode. Those songs are...

- Burning Heart: The choice for Survivor (Eye of the Tiger). The main theme from Rocky IV, which is done by the band that did it's iconic theme song, Eye of the Tiger. I have listened to it on Youtube recently, and I can say that I enjoyed it.
    - Ocean Breathes Salty: The choice for Modest Mouse (Float On (I'm saving Dashboard for RB 2019). This song came from the same album as Float On. Like with Burning Heart, I have listened to it recently, and I enjoyed it as well.
    - Ordinary World: The choice for Duran Duran (Hungry Like The Wolf). The first time I've listened to this song was from a music video compilation VHS of all of Duran Duran's biggest hits. After listening to it on Youtube, I was amazed that in spite of being a ballad song, I can see it as a fitting choice for Rock Band if we ever got any new Duran Duran songs. (But Hungry Like The Wolf rewind is bound to come first before any new DD songs).

These three songs will be joined by three more songs: Our singles for this week. This week's theme is Elemental Powers. The three singles that will be joining the songs from the pack are...

- Windy: The first time I heard this song was a cover version that played on Richard Simmons' Sweatin' To The Oldies 2. It's a real shame that Oldies Rock are badly under-represented in Rock Band, because I think this song would be very fun to play on there, if we ever got it.
    - Urban Guerilla: Ever since I exported the Metal Track Pack onto my Rock Band 4, I've gotten to enjoy playing Masters of the Universe, which is one of the many delisted songs (And one of the few that can be exported on Rock Band 4 via other means). I was surprised that Hirohiko Araki, the man behind Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, was aware of Hawkwind after I learned that he made two characters and one Stand named after stuff from their discography (This song, the album Doremi Fasol Latido, and a song from the said album, Brainstorm). I have to give that guy props for being aware of that, because that was my main reason of choosing this song. And I'm glad I did, because it's a really cool song that I enjoyed.
    - Lightnin' Strikes: Another Oldies Rock favorite of mine. The first time I listened to it: My dad made a compilation of many Oldies songs. This song was one of the many Oldies songs that I listened to. This would've been a shoo-in for Rock Band 3, but sadly, we're on RB4 now and the Keys were abandoned. But still, I would love to play this on Rock Band 4, because like I said before: Oldies Rock are badly under-represented in Rock Band.

So, without further ado, I present to you the Class of Rock Band 2 Reunion 01 pack.

=Class of Rock Band 2 Reunion 01: Local Upstarts=
    - Duran Duran - Ordinary World (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Modest Mouse - Ocean Breathes Salty (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - Survivor - Burning Heart (Band Tier: Warmup)
    =Singles=
    - The Association - Windy (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Hawkwind - Urban Guerilla (Band Tier: Moderate (SPOTLIGHT PASS SONG)
    - Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes (Band Tier: Challenging)

Each of the Class of Rock Band 2 Reunion packs will have a name of a Tier catagory in RB2's Challenge Mode (Like for example, Local Upstart was the one for the Warmup-tier). Tomorrow, I'll be presenting more entries for the British Selections and Foreign Selections packs. :)

P.S: @MCSMeister I don't know if you've read the British Selections 04 pack or not, because I never got a like for it. Well, hear's a quick link for the post with the British Selections 04 pack, in case you've missed it.
  • It's time for me to resume posting more British Selections and Foreign Selections packs. :)

Only 8 more packs to go. Today's British Selections pack and Foreign Selections pack are Bands and Artists representing Scotland and Sweden respectively.

First up is the Scottish-themed British Selections 05 pack. In this pack, we have these songs.

- The Bald Cadaver: Representing Scottish Death Metal. As with most Death Metal songs, I can see this being a blast for the Rock Band Community personal who enjoys these types of songs. I thought it was pretty decent, myself, even though, it would be very easy on Vocals, but hard on everything else.
    - Two Fifty to Vigo: Representing Scottish Folk Rock. I thought that this song was pretty good. It would seem like it's an instrumental, but there some vocal parts (Talkies) in the song. Though, a song like this has a low chance of being in Rock Band, because Harmonix, nowadays, are more fixated in getting very well known songs that has reached the US Charts.
    - Mellow Yellow: Representing Classic Scottish Rock. Another favorite of mine, done by the talented Donovan. I wished Harmonix would get a song from his discography as DLC sometime. Because I would love to play this song on Vocals, as well as his other songs (Season of the Witch, Sunshine Superman, etc.) on Rock Band. This song is a enjoyable classic.
    - Star Sign: Representing Scottish Indie Rock. A good thing about the UK is their Indie Rock scene. I thought that this song was also a good song, even though, Harmonix will most likely ignore it since it's pretty obscure to them. (And they used to try to get some of the world's best known hits that are alien to the US, when they had MTV backing them. But MTV left Harmonix, so now Harmonix has no one to back them).
    - Walking on Broken Glass: Representing Scottish Pop-Rock. I'll have to admit that I was unaware that the Eurythmics' Annie Lennox had a solo career, until I checked it out on Wikipedia. And then I checked out one of her solo career songs, which is this song, and I enjoyed it like it would with any Eurythmics songs. (And I'm still surprised to this day that since Rock Band 3, we still don't have any songs from the Eurythmics as DLC (But hopefully, that will change this year (Hopefully).
    - Blues From a Gun: Representing Scottish Alternative. I'll admit that I haven't listened to The Jesus & Mary Chain that much, until I listened to this song. And I can say that I loved it. I thought it was a really cool song that feels like it should be in Rock Band. And I think that this will probably be one of the few J&MC songs that will not be ignored, because it one of the few songs from their discography to be on the US Alternative Rock charts.
    - Feel So Close: Representing Scottish EDM. It was in Guitar Hero Live's GHTV Setlist, which was my reason for including it. That, plus EDM music are a guilty pleasure of mine. I thought it was a pretty cool song, and it has Guitar Part, which would be well suited for a future Rock Band DLC.
    - Cherry-Coloured Funk: Representing Dream Pop. Here's a embarrassing story: As I finished making the Wishlist DLC Reveal Card, I somehow had 7 Songs listed. And when I went to go tiering the songs for this pack, and I found out, I immediately added this song to make up for my mistake. But embarrassing mistake aside, I thought that this song was pretty good. Though, Iceblink Luck would probably be a more likely choice from Cocteau Twins' Heaven or Las Vegas album, if we got any DLC from them officially.

And now that the song introductions are out of the way. I can allow Mr.Anthony Stripes (From the Mystery Track Pack game) to present Fritzy Katz's British Selections 05.

- Annie Lennox - Walking on Broken Glass (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Calvin Harris - Feel So Close (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Cerebral Bore - The Bald Cadaver (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - Cocteau Twins - Cherry-Coloured Funk (Band Tier: Warmup)
    - Donovan - Mellow Yellow (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Jesus & Mary Chain - Blues From a Gun (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Shooglenifty - Two Fifty to Vigo (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Teenage Fanclub - Star Sign (Band Tier: Moderate)

British Selections 06-08 will all be from the United Kingdom Territory of England. But it will be divided into 3 regions: Central England, Northern England, and Southern England. Foreign Selections 05 will be coming later today. :)
  • And now it's time to reveal the songs for Foreign Selections 05. Hear's the songs in the pack.

- The Pursuit of Vikings: Truth be told, I thought about making this pack not just Sweden, but pretty much all five of the nordic countries. However, I chose Sweden only, because it had a much diverse amount of artists, of much diverse genres. And also, because of it's the home country of ABBA, which is the world's most successful band from that country.
    When Season 3 of Rivals came, I immediately got hooked on the Amon Amarth song that we got from the 6th Week of Rivals, Twilight of the Thunder God. It was that song alone that introduced me to their discography. So I figured that if I do a Amon Amarth song in my Wishlist thread, I should choose one that was in Rocksmith. So I chose this song, because of that reason. I liked it, but I still liked Twilight of the Thunder God better. It's my rep for Swedish Metal.
    - Miss Decibel: Representing the Swedish genre, Dansband. I always wondered if ABBA sang any of their songs in the native Swedish Language. That's what I've thought when I was listening to this song, which is pretty much sounds like a ABBA song sung in Swedish Language. It was enjoyable.
    - Love Feeling: Representing Classic Swedish Rock. I've always have and always will enjoy Classic Rock. And this song is no exception. It's a pretty cool song that I've discovered thanks to Wikipedia and Google.
    - Young Folks: Representing Swedish Indie Rock. I heard this on a Amazon Music playlist for 2000s rock music. I have to say that I'm glad to have picked up Tutankamon's Starting to Appreciate, which had Peter Morén of Peter Bjorn and John as a member, because I liked it, and I like this song too. Shame that we'll probably most likely never get it (But we'll see).
    - Crying at the Discoteque: Representing Swedish Nu-Disco. Sweden is not only famous for ABBA, but also it's Eurodance music. This song is from one of the bigger bands of the Eurodance genres that you probably don't know. I never knew this band existed until I looked it up on Wikipedia, and I listened to their biggest song on Youtube. I have to say that I liked it, I thought it was a cool song.
    - My Favorite Game: Representing Swedish Alternative. I pretty much wanted Lovefool to come out in Rock Band as DLC, sometime soon. But I chose their other biggest hit in the US, My Favorite Game, because I have a feeling that if we ever get any Cardigans music, Lovefool will be the first choice. (That, plus, I'm saving Lovefool for a future New Wishlist thread). It's good music to listen to when driving, and one of my favorites from The Cardigans Discography.
    - You Make Me: Representing Swedish EDM. The first time I've listened to this song was from a Video Advertisement for Spotify. When I heard it, I enjoyed it because it was catchy. I didn't knew it was a Avicii song until I looked at the video more closely. And thus, it is my favorite song from Avicii's discography. It's a really cool, fun, and energetic song and undoubtedly would be very fun on Vocals.
    - Dom Andra: Representing Swedish Pop-Rock. Guitar Hero World Tour got me exposed to the Discography of Kent, thanks to the one song that appeared there: Vinternoll2. But I chose their bigger hits, which is this song, because I'm saving Vinternoll2 for a future Wishlist Thread. I have to say that I enjoyed it too, though, I liked Vinternoil2 better.

And without further ado, here is Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 05. It'll be presented by Mrs.Catherine Mishka, who was one of the 14 Mammals who went missing during the Night Howler Crisis.

- Alcazar - Crying at the Discoteque (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Amon Amarth - The Pursuit of Vikings (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Avicii - You Make Me (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Cardigans - My Favorite Game (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Kent - Dom Andra (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Mecki Mark Men - Love Feeling (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Wizex - Miss Decibel (Band Tier: Moderate)

Tomorrow will be another British Selections and another Foreign Selections. Only 6 more packs left (3 more British Selections and 3 more Foreign Selections).
  • It's time for me to post the third-to-last Packs of Fritzy Katz's British Selections and Foreign Selections. But first, we have a song from my first Wishlist Thread that is going to come as DLC. That song is...

- I Don't Wanna Be by Gavin DeGraw. It was one of the pre-order songs from Rock Band 5 (One of the Pre-Order songs for X-Box version of RB5). (Link to Tier)

It feels good whenever a song from my first Wishlist is getting in. As usual, I'll await @MCSMeister's or @Vexus tierings of the song.

Anyways, with that out of the way, it's time for me to reveal today's British Selections and Foreign Selections pack, which are songs from Bands from the Northern Part of England (which consists of North West England, North East England, and Yorkshire and the Humber (I've used this map for reference) and Germany respectively.

For British Selections 06, we have these songs...

- Drown: There are many bands in England, that gave me enough reason to divide it into 3 sub-regions, each consisting 3 states of England. The first song represents English Alternative Metal. Thanks to Guitar Hero World Tour, I've gotten to enjoy the discography of Bring Me The Horizon. The two songs we've gotten from them in Rock Band, Throne and Happy Song, were enjoyable. This song, which is from the same album as the mentioned two, has became my overall favorite once I've listened to it on Youtube.
    - Reverend Johnson and the Big Kerry: Representing English Folk Rock (1 of 3). This song has quite a medieval feel, which I find really enjoyable. Although, it is an instrumental and it doesn't have any Drums parts. But still, Harmonix has brought some songs that has either 1 or 2 playable parts in the past.
    - Got My Mind Set On You: Representing Classic English Rock (1 of 3). As a hardcore fan of The Beatles discography, I enjoyed each members solo works. One of the first solo works I heard was George Harrison's cover of James Ray's I've Got My Mind Set on You. and hears a amusing story: When I first listened to it, I thought it was something George had recorded himself. I didn't found out that it was a cover until I heard the original on a Oldies Radio Station. But what can I say, it's my favorite song from George Harrison's solo career, because I grew up listening to it. (My family owned the Cloud Nine album).
    - Laid: Representing English Indie Rock (1 of 3). I thought that this was a really good song, when I listened to it on Youtube. I bet it would be really fun to play on Vocals, if Harmonix is willing to add it into Rock Band. (Though, it still would have a chance, because it did entered the US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks at No.3).
    - Together Forever: Representing English Pop. Thanks to Youtube, Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up has gained new found fame, as the Rick Roll song. And we have that song as DLC on Rock Band. So, I figured, why not make the other well known hit from Rick Astley's discography as a Wishlist DLC on this thread. Another cool song from the Rickroll man himself.
    - Bitter Sweet Symphony: Representing English Alternative Rock (1 of 2). Another great 1990s classic that I liked, but also one that has 0% chance of entering Rock Band as DLC. Now you're probably wondering "Why though? The Verve isn't a Led Zeppelin-tiered band that refuses to allow their music into Rock Band." Three words, dude: The Rolling Stones. That's why Bitter Sweet Symphony has 0% of entering Rock Band. Though, if it does enter, then I'll be surprise, in a good way. Because I liked this song.
    - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye: Representing English New Wave (1 of 2). As a fan of New Wave music, I loved Tainted Love. And I figured that why don't I add another song from Soft Cell's discography that is kinda obscure in the US, but very familiar in it's home country. I've listened to it on Youtube, and I can say that I liked it. But I kinda like Tainted Love better.
    - Is This Love?: Representing English Glam. I was happy that learn that Harmonix is still willing to release Rewind songs that aren't in DropMix or Rock Band VR when Season 4 came. However, I was disappointed when the Rewind Song that isn't from those games was Here I Go Again, because I already have that in my RB4 Library. Because we missed out on their power ballad, which is this song, from the same album. A pretty cool song that was sorely missed on Valentines Day.

And without further ado, here is British Selections 06. Presented by Ivan Snowden, another familiar face from the Mystery Track Pack game.

- Bring Me The Horizon - Drown (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - George Harrison - Got My Mind Set on You (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Hedgehog Pie - Reverend Johnson and the Big Kerry (Band Tier: Impossible)
    - James - Laid (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Rick Astley - Together Forever (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Soft Cell - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye (Band Tier: Apprentice)
    - The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Whitesnake - Is This Love (Band Tier: Challenging)

Foreign Selections 06 will be coming later.
  • And now, it's time for me to post Foreign Selections 06. In this pack, we have the following...

- Blackout: Germany has a pretty solid music scene that is enjoyable. Our first song represents German Metal (I would've chose a Neue Deutsche Härte song, but a classic German Metal song will do nicely). I heard this while listening to a setlist preview of Double Fine's Brutal Legend (Such a cool game that I missed out on). This song is from the album that had No One Like You, and it's a very good one. A very good deep cut, if I do say so myself.
    - 99 Luftballons: Representing Neue Deutsche Welle. In my first Wishlist Thread, I have posted the Goldfinger cover of Nena's famous song, which is this song. And now, I'm posting the original. One of my all time favorite New Wave songs. I liked the original version with the German language and it's English language counterpart. A great song that we should've gotten during RB3's era, as that would've been a real blast to play on Keys.
    - Vitamin C: Representing Krautrock. My reasoning for choosing this song was Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. There was a Stand named after this song, whose user is named after one of Can's band members, Damo Suzuki. I thought it was a pretty cool song, that I enjoyed.
    - Im Zweifel für den Zweifel: Representing German Indie Rock. For some reason, it doesn't sound like a standard Indie Rock song when I listened to it on Youtube. It sounded more like a classic Folk Rock song that would hear in the late 60s to the early 70s. But regardless, I thought it was a pretty nice song that I liked. This song doesn't have Drums.
    - Mensch: Representing German Pop-Rock. Another good song that I discovered via Wikipedia and Google. A shame that Harmonix won't go after it, because it's unknown to the US Charts.
    - Hier kommt Alex: Representing German Punk, and the first De-listed content Rewind. Yes, I am aware that Harmonix will never bring back De-listed content for those who wants to purchase it, because they said no. But I would like to think that it would be possible, because I missed out a lot of cool songs that I've liked. This song, being one of them. I got introduced to this song when it was announced as a bonus song for Guitar Hero 3, and it got me to like it. But like I said before, Harmonix said that De-listed content as Rewinds are impossible. But a guy can dream, can he?
    - Moskau: Representing German Disco. I've gotten to like this song, because I looked it up on Youtube when I saw the name and the artist. Such a fun song, and I was ecstatic when they added it to a Just Dance game. It's a real shame that Harmonix will likely ignore it, in spite of it's popularity of being used as base for Voldemort's Amazing Laugh Song.
    - Nothing But You: Representing German House. House music is one of those genres that are not suited for a Rock Band game. I think this song is pretty nice, but I don't think it will do well in a Rock Band setting. I just added into this pack because I wanted a rep for House music. I can, however, see this song do well in a Dance Central setting, if we had a new game from that, or in DropMix, if we ever got a new pack. But then again, Harmonix sure does like to surprise people by adding unexpected entries in Rock Band.

And without further ado, here is Fritzy Katz's Foreign Selections 06, which is presented by Mr. Stanley J. Polarstein.

- Can - Vitamin C (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Die Toten Hosen - Hier kommt Alex (De-Listed Rewind)
    - Dschinghis Khan - Moskau (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Herbert Grönemeyer - Mensch (Band Tier: Solid)
    - Nena - 99 Luftballons (Band Tier: Nightmare)
    - Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You (Feat. Hemstock & Jennings) (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Scorpions - Blackout (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Tocotronic - Im Zweifel für den Zweifel (Band Tier: Moderate)

Only 4 more British Selections and Foreign Selections packs left to go (2 for British and 2 for Foreign). Tomorrow, will be a Rewind Selections pack, and if there's no problem with the upcoming Matchmaking pack for Rock Band Rivals, then (possibly) tomorrow, will also be the day that I unveil the Songs for the First Setlist Expansion. I hope you're looking forward to them.
  • The new Update Patch for Rivals has came without any snags or snafus. As promised, I will reveal the songs for the First Setlist Expansion. Are you ready to find out what those songs are? :)

- The 1975 - Girls
    - Aerosmith - Kings and Queens
    - Alter Bridge - Addicted to Pain
    - Atreyu - Ravenous
    - Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away (NOTE: The original version, not the version with Valora as a guest vocalist)
    - Coheed and Cambria - World of Lines
    - Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
    - The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
    - OMC - How Bizarre
    - Rush - By-Tor & The Snow Dog
    - Seal - Kiss From a Rose
    - Steve Winwood - Higher Love
    - The Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul
    - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion

In addition, it comes with a surprise Song Pack of Songs from Rock Band 5's Expansion Setlists (The first wishlist thread). The songs in that pack are.

- Aldo Nova - Fantasy
    - A Perfect Circle - Judith
    - Candlebox - Far Behind
    - The Lumineers - Ho Hey
    - Sly & The Family Stone - Dance to The Music
    - Steely Dan - Reelin' In The Years

And for your viewing pleasure, hear's the updated Tiers with the 1st Setlist Expansion songs.

- Warmup (Songs added: Don't Dream It's Over, Kiss From a Rose)
    - Apprentice (Songs added: How Bizarre, Gold Lion)
    - Solid (Songs added: Higher Love, Heart Full of Soul)
    - Moderate (Songs added: Blow Me Away, Pleasant Valley Sunday)
    - Challenging (Songs added: Girls, Ravenous)
    - Nightmare (Songs added: Kings and Queens, Addicted to Pain)
    - Impossible (Songs added: World of Lines, By-Tor & The Snow Dog)

The Rewind Pack that will be coming today will be coming later. :)

FUN FACT: Kiss From a Rose was originally planned for the Second Setlist Expansion, prior before Natalie Imbruglia's Torn was announced as DLC.
  • Ravenous looks severely undertiered on guitar. I'd say low devils.
  • UPDATE: As requested by @JimmyLethal I've changed the Guitar Tier for Ravenous, and also did the same for Girls. Ravenous' Guitar chart was changed to Nightmare (5-dot tier (I already had 2 Devil-tiered Guitar songs (World of Lines and By-Tor and the Snow Dog), I wanted to have 2 songs for each tiers on each instrument for every Setlist Expansion), while Girls' Guitar Tier was changed to Challenging (4-Dot).

And as a bonus, I've also moved Ravenous from Challenging-tier to Nightmare tier and Kings & Queens to Challenging-tier.

Anyways, It's time for me to post the next Rewind Selections pack. :)

=Fritzy Katz's Rewind Selections 07=
    - Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Crooked X - Nightmare (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - David Bowie - Let's Dance (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Disturbed - Prayer (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt.1 - The Miracle & The Sleeper (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - Emerson, Lake, & Palmer - Tarkus (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Flyleaf - I'm So Sick (Rock Band 1 Rewind)
    - Jethro Tull - Aqualung (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Judas Priest - Painkiller (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Korn - Word Up! (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Metallica - Master of Puppets (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Linkin Park - One Step Closer (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Ozzy Osbourne - Miracle Man (Rock Band 4 Rewind)
    - Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - Slipknot - Before I Forget (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Spinal Tap - Short & Sweet (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Sweet - Fox On The Run (Rock Band 5 Rewind)
    - T.Rex - 20th Century Boy (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    - Yes - Roundabout (Rock Band 3 Rewind)
    =RB2018 Weekly Challenge Season 1 Week 8: Heavy Metal Thunder=
    - Tesla - Modern Day Cowboy (On-Disc Spotlight)
    - Hawkwind - Urban Guerilla (Season Pass Spotlight)
    - Megadeth - Hanger 18 (Legacy DLC Spotlight)

@JimmyLethal Thanks to telling me that Ravenous' guitar chart was under tiered. I thought it was under tiered, too. When I first listened to it, I wasn't sure if I should tier it a 4-dot, because I wanted to have 2 guitar tiers for each difficulty. So after listening to it again, I tiered it a 5 because I needed a 2nd 5-dot tier and I already had 2 Devil-dot tiers (And Harmonix is very notorious for undertiering songs on certain instruments.) Your feedback was very helpful. :)

Anyways, tomorrow will be another British Selections and Foreign Selection packs. :)
  • It's the second to last day for my Fritzy Katz's British Selections and Foreign Selections packs. And also, today is the day I'll be expecting the Tier Comparison of Gavin DeGraw's I Don't Want to Be from either @MCSMeister or @Vexus (Either of the two is fine). :)

Today's songs from the British Selection and Foreign Selection packs are from Bands from the Southern Part of England (which consists of West Mid-Lands, South West England, and South East England), and France. For the songs for British Selections 07 (Second to last of the series), we have these songs.

- War Pigs (Original Version): Representing English Metal (Classic British Metal). Yes, I am aware that we have a cover of Black Sabbath's War Pigs in Rock Band as DLC already (And that cover is one of those "As Made Famous By" covers by Wavegroup). But I would like to see the original version of this song at some point, even though, it's kinda impossible. I've gotten into this song thanks to Guitar Hero 2, and thus, it's one of my favorite Black Sabbath songs.
    - Northern Sky: Representing English Folk Rock (2 of 3). A rather nice song from a talented Folk musician who has been the influence for The Cure's Robert Smith and R.E.M.'s Peter Buck, which I discovered on Wikipedia, and then listened to entirely on Youtube. I find it very soothing, yet enjoyable at the same time.
    - Cocaine: Representing Classic English Rock (2 of 3). For 11 years since Rock Band came out, I've been wanting some songs from Eric Clapton's discography to come to Rock Band proper. And now, it's 2018 and we still don't have any Eric Clapton songs (But then again, that's probably justified, since he's part of "That" crowd with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page). This song, which is a cover of a J.J. Cale song (I was surprised to find out that it was a cover, because I assumed it was a original work made by Clapton himself), is one of my favorites. A really cool song that is enjoyable, in spite of it's Drug references.
    - Waving Flags: Representing English Indie Rock (2 of 3). What's so good about Indie Rock music from the U.K.? They tend to have really enjoyable songs. And this song, which I discovered via Wikipedia and Google, is no exception. A real shame that it's from a semi-obscure U.K. band that Harmonix will likely ignore, since their mindset is fixated to songs that are popular.
    - Change: Representing English New Wave (2 of 2). One of my all-time favorite bands that I liked while growing up from my childhood is Tears For Fears. Originally, I had this song planned for my Tears For Fears Pack on my first Wishlist Thread. But I replaced it with Laid So Low (Tears Don't Fall) after realizing that I should use different reps from different albums. But now, I'm bring this song from their debut album, which also had Mad World (My personal favorite TFF's song) and Pale Shelter.
    - Golden Brown: Representing English Punk (Well, okay, this song is technically not a Punk rock song. But The Stranglers are often classified as a Punk Rock band). A nice medieval-esque song that I've gotten to like, after discovering it via Wikipedia. Though, I liked No More Heroes better, as I listened to that prior before listening to this song, and it's a real shame that Harmonix will likely ignore The Stranglers' discography as well nowadays.
    - Praise You: Representing English House. Another nice song that I liked while growing up in the 1990s. And this sounds crazy, but I think that if we get any House music for Rock Band as DLC, then this would be a good fitting choice. It has a Guitar Part, which is a given. It's a very fun song, and I would like to sing that on Vocals, if we ever got it.
    - Starlight: Representing Modern English Rock. Ah, Muse. The one band that mostly everyone in the Rock Band Community wanted another song from since Hysteria came to Rock Band as DLC, and I can understand why. Because I too, wanted another song from Muse since after playing and enjoying Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero 3. This song came from the same album as Knights of Cydonia, and it sounds pretty awesome. Pretty much any song that Muse does, depending on the album, is awesome in my honest opinion.

So, hear's Fritzy Katz's British Selections 07. Presented by another familiar face from the Mystery Track Pack game, Mr.Theodore Urston.

- Black Sabbath - War Pigs (Original Version) (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - British Sea Power - Waving Flags (Band Tier: Challenging)
    - Eric Clapton - Cocaine (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Fatboy Slim - Praise You (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Muse - Starlight (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Nick Drake - Northern Sky (Band Tier: Solid)
    - The Stranglers - Golden Brown (Band Tier: Moderate)
    - Tears For Fears - Change (Band Tier: Challenging)

I'll be posting Foreign Selections 07 after the Comparison of I Don't Want to Be is done by either @MCSMeister or @Vexus . :)
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited February 22
    "I Don't Want to Be" comparison

Again, this is a song I'm not buying, haven't properly listened to, can't comment on much outside of the tiers themselves, etc.

Unfortunately, this tier was not very close overall. Drums were spot-on, but guitar is one dot off, bass is two dots off, and vocals are a rare four dots off.