WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    that must be a big pie, you guys. Look - it has to be eaten with a pitchfork!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    My brother was a fat kid, so our silverwear reflected that.
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    Pi day is just another capitalist made up holiday to sell more math to people
    edited March 14
    jibjqrkl said:

Pi day is just another capitalist made up holiday to sell more math to people

I almost waited 55 minutes for a $3.14 pizza today until I did the math. You may be onto domething.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    It's the Sharky Horror Picture Show!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Awesome work!
    Witticus said:

Can we get a Frankenfurter Shark? Or maybe a Riff Raff Shark decked out in his Buck Dharma clothes when he takes command?

@LordFlatus I spent a real long time trying to come up with a good play on this, however nothing I came up with could be stranger than the actual source material. This might be an unreleased shark, lol.

• Witticus said:

How did you know the file name!?

Also I decided to go with the secret shark I showed @Meat-Popsicle a month ago. It’s the synthwave shark! I fell in love with outrun and synthwave music last year, so this definety will not be the last shark inspired by the art style.

Totally could see that as an album cover.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    So, I know this is a late reply, but... @MeatPopsicle I think one of us has the daylight saving time complaint backwards... I was always under the impression (and feel this way myself) that people want daylight saving time to never revert back... sure everyone hates when it does because you lose the hour of sleep... but if it would just stay that way through the fall, then everyone would be happy. Am I right?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 16
    Well, in the winter, I'm pretty much Doomed either way, but I lean towards having the light in the morning. Otherwise I wouldn't get out of bed until almost 9 in the morning and I'd get fired. As it is, I'm ready for bed as soon as I get home in the winter, so my "solution" is to not leave work until very late.

Basically, I'm very unhappy about waking up before sunrise, so my ideal clock would be shifted EVERY DAY so that "7am" is set to "15 minutes after the sun comes up". On June 20th, I'd be getting up at 5:57am EDT or 4:57am EST (which would then be called 7am) and the sun would go down at 9:39pm EDT or 8:39pm EST (would was previously called "8:36pm"). On December 21th, I'd be getting up at 7:38am EST (which would then be called 7am) and it would go down at 4:11pm (previously called "4:49pm"). I'd leave work hours after the sun went down, but my brain we be able to pretend it had just gone down a little bit earlier.

tl;dr no, I'm actually OK with the way Daylight Savings Time works, the ideal system for me would be far more confusing. But seriously, without DST the sun would come up in Washington DC at 4:42am, and that's just crazy, a real waste. And with permanent DST the sun would come up at 8:38am, and that's also crazy.
    Did a bit of finagling to make Sharky Horror Picture Show more, mainstream. (Mostly because I’m against sexualizing animals)

I don't think it worked because I see boobies on top and a wiener head on the right.
    Witticus said:

Did a bit of finagling to make Sharky Horror Picture Show more, mainstream. (Mostly because I’m against sexualizing animals)

• After Fallout New Vegas, every ink blob is two bears high-fiving
    Monday at 10am and all is well

[if you are grading on the curve]
    Happy Monday. I feel like I'm finally getting over this latest illness. I've never been sick so many times in one winter before this year.
  • Happy Monday. I feel like I'm finally getting over this latest illness. I've never been sick so many times in one winter before this year.

I've had it as well. Mine's slowly getting better as days progress. It's quite irritating though.
    hello friends!
    I’ve been filling out applications and there is nothing worse when they ask for my last 7 years of addresses. That’s 5 locations...
    I've been in the same house since 2001 and at the same company since 1985.
    moving sucks. add in kids? good lord, it sucks even more. I might only do it 5 times in my entire life, so doing it that many times in 7 years seems like the damn DEVIL.
    How many of those moves were done because of floods? Maybe it was zero, but my brain has invented stories that suggest it was up to 2 of them.
    My brain is definitely not inventing the map I'm looking at right now on weather.gov, it says that Washington, DC has a 21% chance of getting 8" or more of snow over the next 48 hours. There's another one that says we have a 32% chance of getting under 2", this is one tricky storm.
    edited March 19

My brain is definitely not inventing the map I'm looking at right now on weather.gov, it says that Washington, DC has a 21% chance of getting 8" or more of snow over the next 48 hours. There's another one that says we have a 32% chance of getting under 2", this is one tricky storm.

that sounds lovely .... if you're into that type of thing.

what was that album - "good news for people who love bad news"? something like that...
    I’m always amazed that the people that need a gun for premptive protection, are the same ones who wait till the last minute to prepare for natural disasters. Like, a very real theat is coming your way, you can’t shoot a blizzard, dumb one.
    It worked for the Sharknados, didn't it?
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned

About 2 weeks ago, we had around 7/8" of snow too! It made walking anywhere a nightmare, and it got worse when it froze over in the night, or when strong winds headed our way - it meant there were a couple of days of every bus in the city been canceled, plus all the schools and colleges being shut. Chaotic, is pretty accurate.

It worked for the Sharknados, didn't it?

touché