WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I would dust off my Xbox 360 to be able to hang out with Fresh Meat but I'd have to buy Gold just to try it out. Bah.

I am looking to play Burnout Paradise (PS3) as much as possible this weekend. Join me, anyone? Lots of trophies seemed to be linked to playing online in a group. Do they have to be friends, or can I join strangers? That's never as fun, but I'll do what I have to do.

There are no more golf games on the PS3 with online play remaining. Sad! My brother-in-law is going to need to buy a PS4 now, if we ever want to be able to play games together again. His younger son is hooked on playing "Fortnite" on his phone (!) so maybe he'll buy one for the family. Ha. Maybe.

RB3 on PS3?

• RB3 on PS3?

Still haven't got it, dude was asking too much.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I thought we were PS4ing Burnout!?
    Well, I didn't buy the PS4 version yet, I'm not planning on doing so until it gets cheap. Though I could rent it for a day, I'm sure.

But I just bought the mega DLC pack for the PS3 version for $20 (-20% coupon) and I want to make sure I get at least a few days of fun out of it before the servers close down. It might take another year, or it might happen in a few days, there's no telling!
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    So, it sounds like I'm playing with myself tonight ....

haha
  • So, it sounds like I'm playing with myself tonight ....

haha

This song came to mind?
  • Sharks are one thing, shark characters online are another!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Ah man... missed an opportunity to jam with @DrowGamer77 ...next time!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    That octo-shark is yelling at the others to get off his lawn.
  • Had a crazy idea for one of the next sharks, s Shark-Chameleon hybrid in honour of Karma Chameleon being DLC this week.

The Sharkameleon!

Had a crazy idea for one of the next sharks, s Shark-Chameleon hybrid in honour of Karma Chameleon being DLC this week.

The Sharkameleon!

Boy, do I have a story for you on Monday...
    Wait, what? How much is digital? The pen + coffee cup too? Or just the paper?

Or, maybe the whole world is just one big simulation. Whoa. Imma go outside and see if I can see any pixels.
    "Damn"

The Washington Post says rock is dead, "hip-hop is the only genre that matters".

Bring back DJ Hero!
    (oh, right, I still have my PS3 plugged in, and 2 functioning controllers, so ... it never died)
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Rock and roll can't die or hip hop wouldn't have any samples.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    people still believe what the Washington post prints?
    Uh, yeah. The opinion pieces might annoy Meat, but they have very rigurous fact checking standards. I personally hate opinion pieces in news sources as they can be biased and news should be neutral.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    If there's a clear distinction between opinion/editorials and the actual reporting, I'm personally fine with it, but can understand if people want a clear barrier between opinion pieces and reporting. I expect there to be at the very least a tilt in whatever source I'm reading, but I try to make sure I'm reading from somewhere reliable/with integrity.
    Yes, of course it was an opinion piece. Not a front page story

ROCK IS DEAD

might be a headline on the back page of one of the NY Tabloids.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Yes, of course it was an opinion piece. Not a front page story

ROCK IS DEAD

might be a headline on the back page of one of the NY Tabloids.

It's a fact! Lenny Kravitz said so!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

"Damn"

The Washington Post says rock is dead

They said that in 1979, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1979/06/10/is-rock-dead-or-just-beat/a8d9adff-70af-43a8-a3a7-5fc763be40f7/?utm_term=.52e592d7fee3

"The report of my death was an exaggeration" - Mark Twain
  • The Stoner Metal legends known as Sleep are releasing a new album tomorrow 4/20
  • Now the old boy may be barely breathing, but the heart of rock and roll is still beating.
    The plants on the bottom, do they spell something? Oh, wait, there's a 3D effect going on, they are on top of the rest of the painting... whoa ....

p.s. I am not a crackpot
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Avicii reportedly dead at 28. Cause unreported. He had already retired from live performance because of pancreas failure from alcohol consumption.
  • Just wanted to share this clip from The Boondocks (so expect NSFW language and some politically-incorrect humor):

YOU GOT BAD CREDIT ROBERT
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act

Avicii reportedly dead at 28. Cause unreported. He had already retired from live performance because of pancreas failure from alcohol consumption.

alcohol kills more people than anything else on this planet, sorry that he had to go so young.