WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening...
  • What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening...

I could give you facts and figures
    I could give you plans and forecasts
    Even tell you where I'm going ...
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

What's the buzz? Tell me what's happening...

I could give you facts and figures
    I could give you plans and forecasts
    Even tell you where I'm going ...
    Just another day in paradise...
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Sold off a small fortune worth of games for my move, donated tons of stuff not worth taking cross country, and I’m officially tired of moving already.
  • Facts are simple and facts are straight
    Facts are lazy and facts are late
    Facts all come with points of view
    Facts don't do what I want them to
    Facts just twist the truth around
    Facts are living turned inside out
    Facts are getting the best of them
    I used to move every 1.5-2 years as a way of preventing myself from accumulating too much stuff, but I've only moved once in the last 18 years and now I have way too much stuff to ever move across country without serious PAIN.

I mean, it's only stuff, but ... I like stuff.

In fact I'm sitting here wishing I had bought some of your games. Do I need more games? NO, DEFINITELY NOT.

It's a problem.
  • Witticus said:

Sold off a small fortune worth of games for my move, donated tons of stuff not worth taking cross country, and I’m officially tired of moving already.

Moving sucks - I had to do it three times in two years for work. Hope all goes well.
    The squid looks like he may have recently dined on a small shark. So there’s that.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act

I used to move every 1.5-2 years as a way of preventing myself from accumulating too much stuff, but I've only moved once in the last 18 years and now I have way too much stuff to ever move across country without serious PAIN.

I mean, it's only stuff, but ... I like stuff.

In fact I'm sitting here wishing I had bought some of your games. Do I need more games? NO, DEFINITELY NOT.

It's a problem.

become a minimalist, it will change your life
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    Witticus said:

Just wanted to show off the little logo I made for @MagicMurderBag7 It took all my restraint not to put a shark in there somewhere.

Love it!
    When I am forced to get rid of stuff (I lose it? It breaks?) I immediately buy it again. Because, I wanted it. That's why I owned it. It provides utility and / or joy.

There is still plenty of stuff in our house that I DON'T need, that I need to distribute to a new owner or recycle properly. That doesn't happen automatically. If it's trash? I trash it.

Minimalism works for you? Great! It's not a goal for me.
    TOO MUCH RAIN and it's going to continue for days and days and my gutters are clogged. The water is all pooling in my front yard. I'm kinda freaking out and I probably shouldn't be drinking coffee on an empty stomach.
    Just use some of your hoardings as a barrier to protect what you really care about.
    I care about all of it and [just about] all of it is water soluble!
    I DID buy a wet/dry vac years ago, "just in case" the place flooded. Can I use it to pump standing water on the lawn into the storm drain? Seems dangerous to have it plugged in and running while I'm standing in a few inches of water, but surely it's made specifically for such kinds of situations? Or is in for indoor use only?
  • MythsOfMetalMythsOfMetal Unsigned
    edited May 18
    Does anyone here use plug.dj? Found out it's available in Canada about a month ago after writing it off because TT wasn't available for whenever I wanted to try it.

Would be cool if other potential users here made a room for the RB forum goers to use, and for every genre to be permitted. I'm guessing it's been done to some degree, maybe not a room for everyone here, but I imagine some people who've been on these forums have made their own plug rooms., I'm just curious if I could join if anyone involved was interested in having me. I like The House of Rock & Metal, but I would like to be exposed to stuff besides rock, and also have another crowd to stream songs for.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 18

Does anyone here use plug.dj? Found out it's available in Canada about a month ago after writing it off because TT wasn't available for whenever I wanted to try it.

Would be cool if other potential users here made a room for the RB forum goers to use, and for every genre to be permitted. I'm guessing it's been done to some degree, maybe not a room for everyone here, but I imagine some people who've been on these forums have made their own plug rooms., I'm just curious if I could join if anyone involved was interested in having me. I like The House of Rock & Metal, but I would like to be exposed to stuff besides rock, and also have another crowd to stream songs for.

We actually used to use plug.dj often here on the forum! We even held regular listening parties together. However ut's been yeeeeaaars, but maybe it could happen again. Just hope it's available here in Norway.

We actually used to use plug.dj often here on the forum! We even held regular listening parties together. However ut's been yeeeeaaars, but maybe it could happen again. Just hope it's available here in Norway.
    Cool. I'm quite sure it's available there. The issues with various different countries that comes up tends to be in regards to YT vids only being available in some places. "Topic" vids for example mostly only work in the US. It's not too common for vids to be restricted in many places, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Is there an old rock band forums room on plug, or should someone create a new one? I've not created a room before, so idk if I'm qualified to do everything that would be necessary to moderate it well.

My username on plug is the same as here, btw.

Also, I'm not sure if you remember me, but we used to talk a bit from 2011-2013 ish. Cool to hear you're in Norway now. Just visiting, or looking for/have citizenship? I hope things are going well for you.
    I thought plugdj went under... or was that turn table!? I just remember one of them had a bunch of us playing till it went to dust on its last night.

Also here’s a shark for all you old Rock Band players.

Yeah, I remember it, @Lawdog1521 (and @SuperTigerMario ?)(and @Witticus ?) used to use it plugdj, and then they had a marathon session the night it died for good.
    Hey, I resemble that remark / that shark!
    And I love butterscotch. I was just thinking about it the other day, when they advertised Jello Butterscotch Pudding on the Jack Benny Show. Gotta buy some for tonight.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

Also, I'm not sure if you remember me, but we used to talk a bit from 2011-2013 ish. Cool to hear you're in Norway now. Just visiting, or looking for/have citizenship? I hope things are going well for you.

I remember you! And I'm gonna be in Norway for a couple of years, doing what's known as an Au Pair program (essentially where I help around the house for a family, while also getting cultural exchange). I'm having a lot of fun here, especially since I'm around a lot of musicians often.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    So, from what I can tell, Plug DJ did go under, but then came back around 6 months after. I still have no idea what it is though!
    I thought LAST Friday was "Eat What You Want" day! Or is that supposed to be every Friday now? Now I feel like I should have looking into who was behind this branding in this first place.

I could get away with eating anything I wanted, all the time up until I was about 38. But, alas, the 1990s are over now.
    edited May 18
    razor63 said:

So, from what I can tell, Plug DJ did go under, but then came back around 6 months after. I still have no idea what it is though!

It's a service that lets people take turns playing music for one another. Via YT or Soundcloud vids. Great for discovering music, or just having a live discussion about the current music playing or whatever.

So, to everyone interested in using plug.dj again, should I take the initiative to start up a new room for this forum, or does someone know of a room and could share its name and a link?
  • Wow. I was actually just thinking about when we used to use TT (and Plug) all the time. I thought of a good theme for when we made a "guess the theme" game out of it on my way home from work just now.

I was also thinking about the world's greatest hashtag earlier today #NoNeedForNameCallingOrBlamingSomeone
  • edited May 19
    Also I miss Blake (@SuperTigerMario). I lost contact with him a few years ago. I tried getting in touch but no answer.

Also I miss Blake (@SuperTigerMario). I lost contact with him a few years ago. I tried getting in touch but no answer.

I literally just played GTA with him, lol. Send him a psn message, its the easiest way
    edited May 19
    Aw... and now I miss @Cipher_Peon ...that guy was a hoot.

...I think that’s who first “created” that hashtag, right?