WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• Wildcat15 said:

@GNF.

Never forget.

What happened to him, anyway?

It's one thing to get banned, but literally all of his posts have been deleted last I checked.
    He ascended to a higher plane of existence, and watches us from beyond.

He's the Owl if you hadn't noticed lol
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Wildcat15 said:

@GNF.

Never forget.

It's one thing to get banned, but literally all of his posts have been deleted last I checked.
    There were stories, dark stories passed down from my elders from their elders. On a stormy night much like this morning, GNF angered the Gods. By saying what, I cannot say. Some claim he offended their matriarchy by claiming to have bedded she, other’s say he summoned the dreaded snark demon to cause great mischief. He floats in the world as an owl on Tuesdays 10am eastern.
  • Witticus said:

Wildcat15 said:

@GNF.

Never forget.

There were stories, dark stories passed down from my elders from their elders. On a stormy night much like this morning, GNF angered the Gods. By saying what, I cannot say. Some claim he offended their matriarchy by claiming to have bedded she, other’s say he summoned the dreaded snark demon to cause great mischief. He floats in the world as an owl on Tuesdays 10am eastern.
    If you listen closely, you can still hear the RBN song about him that never got released.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Guess who just came out to a ton of her friends for pride month? This gal!

Is it time for a new forum name? :)

Congrats on being able to be yourself. I worry that the seemingly oncoming New Dark Ages in this effed-up country might adversely affect your decision. Oh wait, you might not be in the USA so you might be fine!
    Sadly, a lot of the world is following suit on the regression front. The province of Ontario elected our own right wing populist xenophobe yesterday. :/
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Well this just shows how out of the loop I am.

At the same time I almost don't want to believe GNF is HMXOwl. Their personalities are complete opposites.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Wasn't he GNfhqwhgads? As in GN + fhqwhgads ["To The Limit"]?
    Though that one seems to be gone too.
  • Wasn't he GNfhqwhgads? As in GN + fhqwhgads ["To The Limit"]?

Yup

• "soon"

November 14th, told you!
    Just saw a picture on Instagram of "Surge" soda for sale in Norway.

No, wait, it's actually called "Urge" soda, the colors + font fooled me! Surely that was the intent.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 13

Just saw a picture on Instagram of "Surge" soda for sale in Norway.

No, wait, it's actually called "Urge" soda, the colors + font fooled me! Surely that was the intent.

Urge is actually the drink that led up to Surge (according to Wiki, it originates from Coca-Cola Norway as well). Only it's still rather big here, from what I can see (seeing it all over store shelves and all). Though from what I've seen, Pepsi Max is the most popular (it's a different formula from the US one, and is actually quite good).
    edited June 15
    Yo! I found out @Lawdog1521 plays the numbers!
    You gotta play to win
    edited June 15

• bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    When you're a Jet
    You're a Jet all the way
    From your first cigarette
    To your last dyin' day
    So I'm watching a random Norwegian TV program called "Musikk til Tacoen," ("Music to the Taco") where random Norwegian pop artists dress up as mariachi bands and come into people's homes while they're eating tacos to play music. This is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen (at least this week).
  • So I'm watching a random Norwegian TV program called "Musikk til Tacoen," ("Music to the Taco") where random Norwegian pop artists dress up as mariachi bands and come into people's homes while they're eating tacos to play music. This is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen (at least this week).

That show sounds so japanese, but it's not.
    Wildcat15 said:

So I'm watching a random Norwegian TV program called "Musikk til Tacoen," ("Music to the Taco") where random Norwegian pop artists dress up as mariachi bands and come into people's homes while they're eating tacos to play music. This is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen (at least this week).

That show sounds so japanese, but it's not.
    The weirdest part is that these were Norwegian pop singers just singing their songs,; not even in a "mariachi" style or anything. A few had acoustic songs, but think something along the lines of "Love Urself" by Justin Bieber. It just felt off that they had this whole "Mexican fiesta" theme bur the music was just Norwegian indie pop.
  • Any of you guys on Xbox has downloaded the beta for Warhammer Vermintide 2? It began last week and has no sign to end yet.
    This game came out on PC a while ago, though.
    I played Vermintide with friends on PS4, didn’t really care for it. The whole time I played I kept wishing I were playing Left 4 Dead or Payday instead.
  • I quit Payday after how abandoned it got by the developers on console. They released it and they were done with it.
  • Payday wasn't very fun to me.. but Vermintide got sort of old fast.
    Liked Left for Dead though.
    Payday got abandoned then they had a massive content dump later on. Just recently got back into it and have been enjoying it and a ton of new content.
    The stealth and gun mechanics are fantastic and they’ve completly revamped skill trees to be kind of overwhelming, lol.

Vermintide annoyed me because there is no real stealth to it and it relies too heavily on melee combat. This means you’re constantly getting your health widdled down. The end of the game loot system that would constantly give you things for characters you don’t care for. The overly expensive weapon breakdown system was also frustrating. Hopefully all of that will be fixed in the sequel...
  • Witticus said:

Payday got abandoned then they had a massive content dump later on. Just recently got back into it and have been enjoying it and a ton of new content.
    The stealth and gun mechanics are fantastic and they’ve completly revamped skill trees to be kind of overwhelming, lol.

Vermintide annoyed me because there is no real stealth to it and it relies too heavily on melee combat. This means you’re constantly getting your health widdled down. The end of the game loot system that would constantly give you things for characters you don’t care for. The overly expensive weapon breakdown system was also frustrating. Hopefully all of that will be fixed in the sequel...

It is! Now you only get weapons for your character. Still zero stealth, all about mowing down the horde with a massive sword.

The content dump on Payday only came out on Xbox One and PS4, but you couldn't transfer a single thing from your old save so I said "screw getting all my stuff again". But today is on sale, and it's quite tempting.

I wonder if the Obama mask is on xbox lol
    The president masks are still there!!!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Sorry I haven't been posting as much. I lost my keys.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Is it too late to celebrate Taco Tuesday? I haven't eaten any Mexican food at all for over a week.

One of my friends had a birthday this week and her request was that we all join her for the weekly Geeks Who Drink trivia night at her local Italian joint. For dinner I had an "Insalata Signorina": Fresh spinach with strawberries, walnuts, and orange segments tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette. I fully expected the birthday girls' husband [a self-described redneck] to give me **** about it, but he was too busy chatting up the crowd + shouting out obviously wrong answers.

tl;dr I want tacos for lunch