WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• jibjqrkl said:

Witticus said:

After playing through Pokemon yellow, it’s weird how much animal cruelty was in there early on. Throwing rocks in the safari zone was an interesting choice of attack for one, also most of the trainers carry whips, yikes.

i mean the entire series is based on forcing animals to fight each other.
    I get that, but its gotten better at making it seem less cruel over time.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 20
    That "Pokémon in real life" video (live action, with a dude getting trapped in a Poke-ball accidentally) was horrifying

(I am not linking to it, that's on purpose, you don't need to see it if it wasn't burned into your eyeballs already)
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

I get that, but its gotten better at making it seem less cruel over time.

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse....

• wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    but youre not fighting with animals, youre fighting with monsters. so to me its less cruel
  • I have something very important to post, regarding this specific day...

• RIP Telltale Games. Really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us, Tales From The Borderlands and The Walking Dead.
  • Yeah they made some great stuff... I loved Poker Night at the Inventory and Tales From The Borderlands, and Guardians of the Galaxy

Just recently bought both seasons of Batman as well.

I hope this is just another big layoff, but it does not look good no matter what
  • Here's the thing about Telltale. Laying off 25% / 90 people sucks, but There's still over 250 people working there which is a huge number for a video game developer. They can survive this, but they need to revitalize themselves and not fall back to the same tricks which have made the last few years very stagnant.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited September 21
    Witticus said:

Here's the thing about Telltale. Laying off 25% / 90 people sucks, but There's still over 250 people working there which is a huge number for a video game developer. They can survive this, but they need to revitalize themselves and not fall back to the same tricks which have made the last few years very stagnant.

from what I read they laid off 90% and have only 25 people left (just to finish Walking Dead)

not sure if you read the wrong numbers or if I did
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited September 22
    I think I glanced at the numbers terribly wrong, damn.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited September 22
    According to multiple reports, they aren't even finishing the final season of The Walking Dead now. Episode 2 was (is?) scheduled for release on the 25th. Good thing I didn't get a season pass (apparently not many did, I suppose).
  • Telltale games got kinda old for myself quick.
    Got Borderlands and the first season of Walking Dead. First Season of WD was okay.. i thought it was overrated tbh. Enjoyed borderlands though.
    Got the second season of WD for free with plus.. never finished it. Didn't really enjoy it at all tbh. I see they have another game they are publishing coming out in October? It's called Stranded Deep and looked pretty decent and cool (different for them but they didn't make it. A pc company did)
  • From Telltale's Twitter:

• I’m at a concert that finally ansewered the question “What if Coldplay didn’t suck?” They’d be called Bob Moses.
  • Wildcat15 said:

From Telltale's Twitter:

Hopefully that solution will involve severance pay for staff.
  • Are ANY game development studios unionized?
  • So, I've just started back at college for the final year of my BA! This year is going to be a lot of work (my thesis starts in January, for example), but after last year, it's probably about time I stepped it up a little.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    hello friends
  • Howdy!
  • http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5202023/#Comment_5202023

Just curious, is this the most Disagreed post in Harmonix Forums history?
  • http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5202023/#Comment_5202023

Just curious, is this the most Disagreed post in Harmonix Forums history?

hmm I remember this discussion before, but I thought there was another post with more disagrees... though mine had no other reactions which helped make it special
  • Ask @Witticus about disagreed posts.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    I tell you to your face when I disagree with you, not just hit a little button and run away.
  • It ain’t easy being the disagree king. It also wasn’t a fair election as the ballet box was clearly stuffed.
  • Witticus said:

It ain’t easy being the disagree king. It also wasn’t a fair election as the ballet box was clearly stuffed.

I rigged it hard.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    dog037 said:

I tell you to your face when I disagree with you, not just hit a little button and run away.

Oh yeah, well I tell you to your little button and run away with your face.

Whatever.

(Runs away)
  • Marvel: Infinity War is the biggest crossover ever

The X-Files: sike

• Someone wake up that Green Day dude, please.
  • I think my goal in life now should be to try every dish in this list