WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• Glad to hear you have a job again. I know how crappy it is to be unemployed
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Welcome back, glad to hear all is well. Congrats on the work-from-home job.... wish mine was more open to that.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Know the feeling Drow, glad you found something! In my stint I played through Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Skyrim, Fallout 4, and some others. Worst part was @Lawdog1521 still didn't have internet, and once I got my job Lawdog finally got internet again. Now that motherf***er is 50 levels ahead of me in Friday the 13th and Fallout 76!?
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Your problem in Friday is you don't use Lachopa enough.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I get a sick feeling in my stomach even contemplating being unemployed again. Very happy for you + rooting hard for everyone else here that is still looking for something more stable or less horrible or anything at all.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    being unemployed does suck, I feel fortunate that I have a job that I love and have been doing it for close to 19 years now. it took me a decade to find this job though, so just keep at it.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    thanks everybody! I feel the love, and am happy to be back! (I did enjoy all the gaming hours though, I tell you what)

Yeah, it was a very challenging time for us all, as we also moved across the country and both my wife and I were unemployed.

I had a severance, and qualified for unemployment, so it softened the blow, I still had many nights of broken sleep worrying about burning through our reserves before being employed again.

The worst part is health insurance. Couldn't skip out on health coverage for my family and that will burn through your cash quickly.

Regardless, it's good to have a purpose again :)
    edited December 5
    Health insurance is so freaking annoying in terms of how and when you can get coverage. Why is it you can only sign up at the end of the year? Why is it tied to your state meaning you’re practically uninsured if you do a lot of travelling for work and such, then get injured out of state... Aside from the very common complaints that I won’t go into, these are stupid and antiquated features that need to be shot in the woods.
  • In other news, we’re apparently arguing over idioms now:

• jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    Anyone that takes PETA seriously shouldn't be taken seriously themselves.

Pretty sure the only other charity in the world where more of the people(animals in this case) receiving the charity end up dead is the Make A Wish Foundation
    How badly do you have to mess things up to have your whole mission being something theoretically widely popular ("against animal cruelty") and yet wind up so widely derided?

I imagine their main goal here was to get attention and that succeeded.
  • man I really want to play smash bros... but I still have to work for a few hours

it also does not help that we had a holiday party earlier in the day, now I just don't feel like doing stuff
    Do they think idioms get rewritten because of an ad campaign? Also what kind of fancy moneybags feeds birds scones?
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    my favorite one is about feeding a fed horse, apparently to PETA overfeeding an animal isn't abuse. smh

my favorite one is about feeding a fed horse, apparently to PETA overfeeding an animal isn't abuse. smh

Dude now you’re just feeding a fed horse...

Yeah that expression could use some retooling.
  • So is the search function ever gonna be fixed?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

So is the search function ever gonna be fixed?

Of course not, that would be like feeding a fed horse a scone.
  • So is the search function ever gonna be fixed?

Can you fix something that never even worked?
    It used to "work" (as long as you were only looking for a single word, or you were very patient), now it returns 0 messages no matter what you search for. The bad version was better than this.

Sounds like you should step up and take the test tube by the the thorns
    Witticus said:

Sounds like you should step up and take the test tube by the the thorns
    Well now, if you wash my back, I'll scratch your hand.
    As a bacon loving member of a mainline Christian denomination who also happens to be married to a wonderful Jewish woman, we bring home both the bacon and the bagels.

so eat a turd, PETA. Can you modify that saying?
    I saw a Reddit post the other day of some user playing the Christmas Medley from RB3.

I might have to fire up the Ol' boy and dig into some Christmas songs
  • I saw a Reddit post the other day of some user playing the Christmas Medley from RB3.

I might have to fire up the Ol' boy and dig into some Christmas songs

That'd be a great "extra" song to release the week before christmas. Heck give us Rock the Halls too :D
    Wait, what xmas medley?

Wait, what xmas medley?

From the Rock Band Network