WRUDRN 2018: Deep Blues Traveller Something.... Bruther

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned

Nothing against Jessica Chastain as an actress but it didn't suprise me she was a lackluster SNL host.

Chastain is a good dramatic actor, but there's a reason we never see her in comedies.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Chastain was just fine as an SNL host. Not as good as Saiorse Ronan was a few episodes ago, but better than most hosts this year and last. The best SNL hosts are often the 'dramatic' actors and actresses who take this chance to really break their typecast. The worst SNL hosts are usually comedians who think themselves so naturally funny that they just half-ass a performance rehashing some of their prior characters/voices/material.
    It's not that I think Chastain was bad, per se, but maybe I thought that the material Chastain was working with more hit and miss than what I'd come to expect from SNL. I mean, comedy is always hit and miss, so maybe it just didn't meet what I personally find funny this week or something.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    They got rid of the bottom category ("Technical Support"??) so I keep clicking on the wrong category and I am sure I'm not the only one.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Hi Fellas and Lady Fellas!!

How is everybody?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    People actually ride the bus whilst looking for work?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    People can live on a bus, you know!
    Like in Snowpiercer!

... no, wait, I think that was a train
    (I still haven't actually seen it)
    edited January 23
    I was referring to the documentary, Speed.
    Witticus said:

but only if the bus stays above 50 mph, and nobody tries to get of the bus.
  • Witticus said:

but only if the bus stays above 50 mph, and nobody tries to get of the bus.
    Is there any other way to live on a bus?
    I got bus-ted for living on once. Wheel gloss over that, so moving on.
  • Hi Fellas and Lady Fellas!!

How is everybody?

I'm sort of confused which one I fall under...(more masculine man but loves like a lady.. haha)
    But otherwise I'm excellent thanks for asking! How about yourself?
  • Witticus said:

Today its Tron Shark

You just created my new avatar. <3
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

Hi Fellas and Lady Fellas!!

How is everybody?

How many ladies do we actually have nowadays? The forums have seemed very male as of late.
    edited January 25
    I've been the best man at a wedding exactly once in my life. I'd known him for years, and I had worked in the same office as his bride, she was amazing and they were so good together. Hooray!

He doesn't do email or Facebook or texting or chatting on the telephone or letters, so once they moved out of town (at least 11 years ago?) I completely lost touch with them. A few times a year she would post a photo to FB, usually group shots of them all about to run a race together. He's always been into sports, but I'd never known him to run: impressive! They both looked so very fit.

He was in my wedding, 4 years ago, but I barely got to talk to him, and he flew in by himself. He told me his wife had another obligation. Bummer.

About a year ago, I heard they were separating. Hey, it happens all they time, right? But I was still stunned. I've literally never been to a wedding that ended in divorce (that I know of). Yeah, I'm incredibly shy and haven't been to THAT many weddings: but still! And of all the couples to part, it seemed so unlikely that it would be them.

How could this happen? Oh, she suddenly decided she wanted kids. And he definitely didn't. The whole time I'd known them, they were always very much on the same page: "no kids, not ever". But things can change, and that changes everything.

Several months ago, on her FB page: a picture from new wedding. Oof.
    A few days ago, on her FB page: a picture of her, smiling, chopping vegetables, clearly pregnant. She's glowing! She's beautiful! I'm happy for her ... but somehow it's just wrong.

I haven't been in touch with either of them, not for years. And, realistically, this might be the best thing to happen to both of them, in the long run. Or at least for her?

I wonder how my old friend is doing. As I remember it, he was adamant that he could never share his feelings with another man, not ever, so I just assume it would be pointless to try to contact him. And what would I even say?

tl;dr I'm not so good at or experienced with interpersonal relationships, but they always seem so damn sad [and even I am fully aware that they get WAY more sad + complicated than those described here].
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

Like in Snowpiercer!

... no, wait, I think that was a train
    (I still haven't actually seen it)

It was a train... and the movie was pretty damn good (although EXTREMELY violent) if I remember correctly... it’s been a while since I saw it. The ending, like it seems the vast majority of movies, in my opinion, didn’t live up to the rest of the movie... it’s too hard to conclude a story very thoroughly/thoughtfully in such a limited time frame I guess. I never read the book.

Regarding your more immediate post, yeah that’s rough. My brother and his now ex-wife separated after about 6 years of marriage (luckily, no kids), once she decided she wanted to live the life of a college student again and he was beyond that stage in his life. They are still good friends and cordial, but just have very different lifestyles and priorities at this point. I guess it’s probably better for all to just split when something so major changes in the relationship dynamic, but it does still suck for the person that gets caught in the change through no fault of their own.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    tl;dr --> Don't have meat as your best man when you get married.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

I wonder how my old friend is doing. As I remember it, he was adamant that he could never share his feelings with another man, not ever, so I just assume it would be pointless to try to contact him. And what would I even say?

"Hey man, I haven't heard from you in a while. I sorry to hear about [ex] and if you wanna talk about it, hit me up."?
    Some Spooky Sheet goin’ up in here today!
    I was a swell best man! Enough so that two other dudes asked me to help their actual best man prepare [mostly coming up with bachelor party suggestions that weren't centered around nudity].
    edited January 25
    LoopyChew said:

"Hey man, I haven't heard from you in a while. I sorry to hear about [ex] and if you wanna talk about it, hit me up."?
    this. Even though he may not want to talk, sometimes it's just a big boost to know that somebody is willing
    BachiG said:

... My brother and his now ex-wife separated after about 6 years of marriage (luckily, no kids), once she decided she wanted to live the life of a college student again and he was beyond that stage in his life.

That sounds terrible! I feel bad for your brother - nothing like trying to build a future with somebody that is stuck in or trying to relive the past. I'm also wondering what the life of a college student means now - eating ramen 5 nights a week while getting fall down drunk 3 nights a week? 'Taking care' of the basketball team?

I need answers!!
    Even in the good times, he would never answer the phone, or respond to emails. But of course, I need to make the effort at the very least.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

BachiG said:

... My brother and his now ex-wife separated after about 6 years of marriage (luckily, no kids), once she decided she wanted to live the life of a college student again and he was beyond that stage in his life.

That sounds terrible! I feel bad for your brother - nothing like trying to build a future with somebody that is stuck in or trying to relive the past. I'm also wondering what the life of a college student means now - eating ramen 5 nights a week while getting fall down drunk 3 nights a week? 'Taking care' of the basketball team?

I need answers!!
    Well... she went back to school to get her Master’s which is obviously only something a very dedicated and ambitious person chases, but yeah, as you suggest, for her it included all the going out late nights to bars and hanging with her students and such. They basically moved a couple of times over the past few years while she was pursuing her goal (which my brother happily did with her) but it got to be too much constantly changing jobs, relocating and everything while essentially working to support them... they’re lifestyles just no longer meshed.

Even in the good times, he would never answer the phone, or respond to emails. But of course, I need to make the effort at the very least.

yeah, that sounds tough - hard to contact somebody who ghosts out and has no desire to respond to peoples ...

@BachiG - yeah, that sounds as horrible as I imagined. How frustrating.
    lumberjack shark is my favorite so far! Lot's of great details (like the chest hair)