DLC Fixes in RB4: IT'S ALL DONE

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I'm just weirded out that Visions doesn't have harmonies charted (they even boosted the volume of the backup screams during the part where they'd appear, during the breakdown present in the preview).
  • patl175 said:

Vintsukka said:

Went thru my list and this is all I seem to be missing (besides RBN):

3 RB1 songs that didn't export - Paranoid, Run to the Hills, Enter Sandman

These aren't "missing". They've been known to not export for years now.
    I'd love to have Paranoid re-added as purchasable though.
    I think there is a way somewhere to get a masters for paranoid, ozzy seems to have re-recorded it so many times solo or with black sabbath and even live over the years, it's a shame we don't have it in rb because it's an awesome song and a classic, i really wish we get it eventually
    GHWoR got a live version with Ozzy on lead vocals and Metallica on the instruments. As such I don't think the original version is available (barring the ever-contentious DIY stemming) but you never know!

GH did also get four songs from Master of Reality (After Forever, Into the Void and Sweet Leaf as GH5 DLC and Children of the Grave as a GHWoR on-disc song) which suggests to me that Master of Reality is usable and that the albums afterwards probably are too. It's just Paranoid (the album) and likely the self-titled album that are going to be troublesome... which sucks because there are quite a few songs from those albums that would be amazing to have!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Vexus said:

patl175 said:

Vintsukka said:

Went thru my list and this is all I seem to be missing (besides RBN):

3 RB1 songs that didn't export - Paranoid, Run to the Hills, Enter Sandman

These aren't "missing". They've been known to not export for years now.
    I'd love to have Paranoid re-added as purchasable though.
    I think there is a way somewhere to get a masters for paranoid, ozzy seems to have re-recorded it so many times solo or with black sabbath and even live over the years, it's a shame we don't have it in rb because it's an awesome song and a classic, i really wish we get it eventually
    GHWoR got a live version with Ozzy on lead vocals and Metallica on the instruments. As such I don't think the original version is available (barring the ever-contentious DIY stemming) but you never know!

GH did also get four songs from Master of Reality (After Forever, Into the Void and Sweet Leaf as GH5 DLC and Children of the Grave as a GHWoR on-disc song) which suggests to me that Master of Reality is usable and that the albums afterwards probably are too. It's just Paranoid (the album) and likely the self-titled album that are going to be troublesome... which sucks because there are quite a few songs from those albums that would be amazing to have!
    If they can find a good live version of the song i'd take that anyday but that version in ghwor was horrible, it didn't sound right to me
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 10
    The recent packs that have been fixed all appear under the New Releases/New This Week section of the PC Webstore for SIEE regions. https://store.playstation.com/en-au/grid/STORE-MSF75508-GAMENEWTHISWEEK/1?direction=desc&sort=release_date

The Guns n' Roses Album also appears to have been fixed (was unware it needed fixing and it's unavailable to me because I don't own it)...

• edited April 11
    Bloog Sugar Sex Magik and I'm With The Chili Peppers Pack works for me now (SIEE)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    That's enough for me to drop the question mark.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    LoopyChew said:

I believe the singles are still not working, so it's best to add 'Pack' in the title :)
    edited April 11

LoopyChew said:

I believe the singles are still not working, so it's best to add 'Pack' in the title :)
    Yeah, that goes for all of the songs from BSSM, I'm With The Chili's, Spinal Tap, etc.

The packs are available, but the individual songs are either unavailable or PS3 only. There's a few others like "Tell Me Baby" that have the RB4 cover artwork, say they're for PS3 and PS4, but only have a Download to PS3 button available.

On another topic, if you already have the I'm With The Chili's Pack songs installed, don't make the mistake I made by downloading them again. The game used to think there were 8 new songs each time I loaded the game (because of owning the GD Pack 01 & 02, then downloading the Green Day Plus Export, along with other songs I already had... Bon Jovi & Queen I think, that were included in the RB2 or LRB Export... I forget now)... but now with me re-downloading the 8 songs in the I'm With The Chili's Pack, the game counts up from 1913 to 1933. It does this on the 2nd "Finding Downloaded Content..." process, thinking there are what... 21 new songs, when in fact there aren't any new songs added. Not sure why it thinks there's now 21 new songs.

With 2,002 songs now showing up in my library (which seems right), the Refresh Music Library option within RB4 spits the dummy part way through, saying I exceeded the maximum number of songs. I think HMXOwl said a while back they need to put in a 3rd check for "Finding Downloaded Content..." to overcome that issue... so i'm wondering why that hasn't been done yet with the many patches and fixes we've had?

It's just annoying that it counts up from 1913 to 1933 each time. I could delete the game and all DLC, but I don't fancy re-downloading approximately 71.99Gb again. That might take a while and might not even fix it, could just make it worse. :confused:
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Graffin said:

LoopyChew said:

Yeah, that goes for all of the songs from BSSM, I'm With The Chili's, Spinal Tap, etc.

The packs are available, but the individual songs are either unavailable or PS3 only. There's a few others like "Tell Me Baby" that have the RB4 cover artwork, say they're for PS3 and PS4, but only have a Download to PS3 button available.

On another topic, if you already have the I'm With The Chili's Pack songs installed, don't make the mistake I made by downloading them again. The game used to think there were 8 new songs each time I loaded the game (because of owning the GD Pack 01 & 02, then downloading the Green Day Plus Export, along with other songs I already had... Bon Jovi & Queen I think, that were included in the RB2 or LRB Export... I forget now)... but now with me re-downloading the 8 songs in the I'm With The Chili's Pack, the game counts up from 1913 to 1933. It does this on the 2nd "Finding Downloaded Content..." process, thinking there are what... 21 new songs, when in fact there aren't any new songs added. Not sure why it thinks there's now 21 new songs.

With 2,002 songs now showing up in my library (which seems right), the Refresh Music Library option within RB4 spits the dummy part way through, saying I exceeded the maximum number of songs. I think HMXOwl said a while back they need to put in a 3rd check for "Finding Downloaded Content..." to overcome that issue... so i'm wondering why that hasn't been done yet with the many patches and fixes we've had?

It's just annoying that it counts up from 1913 to 1933 each time. I could delete the game and all DLC, but I don't fancy re-downloading approximately 71.99Gb again. That might take a while and might not even fix it, could just make it worse. :confused:
    I have over 2,300 songs in the game and I don't have this problem.

When I refresh the music library, the game gets to around 1,200 songs and then shows that message. When that happens, I close the application, reboot the game, and then click on quickplay for it to load the remaining songs.

See if that helps. :)
  • Graffin said:

LoopyChew said:

I think HMXOwl said a while back they need to put in a 3rd check for "Finding Downloaded Content..." to overcome that issue... so i'm wondering why that hasn't been done yet with the many patches and fixes we've had?
    That's not a thing I've ever said, so it hasn't happened because it doesn't uh...exist, I guess would be the word. Not even sure what 'third check' means conceptually, so it's certainly not something on our list!
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    I'd like to see if I can get confirmation on something. Way back in the day, I got the OXM disc which came with Sprode, Shake, and Rock Rebellion. Sprode and Shake I have installed in Rock Band 4 because it came free with the preorder to Rock Band 4, but I can't download Rock Rebellion without paying for it. Will I ever be able to get Rock Rebellion back, or am I going to have to pay for it again because the OXM disc doesn't grant me an entitlement to download it for free into Rock Band 4?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    The latter. OXM never granted entitlements, they never came forward nor were they planned to.
    edited April 11
    HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

LoopyChew said:

I think HMXOwl said a while back they need to put in a 3rd check for "Finding Downloaded Content..." to overcome that issue... so i'm wondering why that hasn't been done yet with the many patches and fixes we've had?
    That's not a thing I've ever said, so it hasn't happened because it doesn't uh...exist, I guess would be the word. Not even sure what 'third check' means conceptually, so it's certainly not something on our list!
    Perhaps it was GrumbleVolcano or LoopyChew that said it would need to be broken up into another chunk to overcome the song limit.

It took some searching through the old EU thread, but here's what was posted about the 1184 song limit on the PS4 and why the Refresh Music Option doesn't work for some:

"That is true. Pretty random number, right? And the only game series that would hit it? Us. Turns out that's the corruption thing, queuing a number of songs greater than that for the first time at once. In portions, sure great fine. At once, how dare you. So we cut it there and make it happen in two chunks."

"So I guess once all entitlements are fixed, some PS4 owners will have the refresh split into 3 sections."

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5383309/#Comment_5383309
    http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5344542/#Comment_5344542

So, it does beg the question as to why it can't be chopped up into a third chunk so the Refresh Music Library option actually works for those who have more than x number of songs.

I hope that makes a bit more sense than my previous post. :confused:
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    All the Spinal Tap songs were removed from the SIEE tab on the spreadsheet although only the packs work and the single songs are not yet supported.
  • Meako1973Meako1973 Unsigned
    edited April 12
    Well, I got really excited at the thought of playing BSSM again after all this time, only to find that the store reckons I've not ever purchased it.

I guess I'll just entertain myself with the Spinal Tap pack for a bit instead. Pretty much given up hope of ever getting BSSM running on my PS4.

BSSM worked for me, is it possible you may have purchased it using a different account?

Try it on the PS4's PSN Store (search for Blood Sugar), or try logging in with a different browser on your PC, or using the PlayStation App on your phone to access the Store and see if it lets you purchase & download the album.

Don't tell me they've un-fixed it? Maybe they broke it whilst trying to get the individual songs to work. Who knows?
  • You bought singles since the album said you didn't own it and the title track said you did.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    PS4 - SIEA -We got the Schick promo pack! Go! Go! Go!
  • edited April 12
    I know this may not be the right place for this but i was searching for Lady Gaga packs from PS Store (SIEE) and found this bad boy, still available to purchase (Also available from SIEA and MS Store, seems like it never really got delisted, i just havent been reading these forums/reddit for too long.)
    Ps4 SIEA, i'm still missing some songs (abput 19 left) but according to the google doc, i have some songs in my library that are apparently not fixed yet, i am wondering if i am the only one with this weird case and what could have happen for me to get them that others don't have them. Here are the ones i noticed
    Dinosaur jr's the wagon and pick me up, honest bob's entangled, joan jett's fake friends, just kait u suck and morningwood's best of me and sugarbaby, i don't mind having them but i'm curious as to why they worked for me but not for everyone
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 12
    @patl175 Most of those songs were accidentally made available around launch, those who didn't pick them up then but bought last gen have to wait until they're fixed.

@patl175 Most of those songs were accidentally made available around launch, those who didn't pick them up then but bought last gen have to wait until they're fixed.

Ok thanks well i had them last gen but i picked them up at launch i guess
    edited April 12
    HMXOwl said:

You bought singles since the album said you didn't own it and the title track said you did.

His screenshot shows the Album Pack, not the Single.

For me, it shows both as being Purchased, only difference being, with the Album, there's only a Download to PS4 button, with the Single (despite showing it's for PS3 and PS4) only has a Download to PS3 button on it.

That being said, wait for the Store to properly log you in, or log out and log back in a few times. When I first logged in just now it initially showed those 2 with "Unavailable", but then after 5-10 seconds the screen refreshed and it changed to "Purchased".
  • Graffin said:

HMXOwl said:

You bought singles since the album said you didn't own it and the title track said you did.

That's because they removed the other screenshot in their edit.
    edited April 12

Graffin said:

LoopyChew said:

I have over 2,300 songs in the game and I don't have this problem.

When I refresh the music library, the game gets to around 1,200 songs and then shows that message. When that happens, I close the application, reboot the game, and then click on quickplay for it to load the remaining songs.

See if that helps. :)
    Unfortunately no, it doesn't work for me. After buying this weeks DLC, the game now counts up from 1915 to 1935 each and every time I load it.

I can do the Refresh Music Library thing, it gets to around 1200 and bombs. Any DLC beyond that is ignored and says will be restored once I reload the game (which it is), but seeing that the duplicate songs the game thinks are new each time the game loads are probably in the lot after that first 1200, it's a problem that's not going to go away (if that makes any sense).

In other words, if the duplicate songs are not in the first 1200 or so processed by the Refresh Music Library option, then it's not going to fix the rest if they're simply being ignored. It would be nice if the Refresh Music Library option actually worked!
    HMXOwl said:

Graffin said:

HMXOwl said:

That's because they removed the other screenshot in their edit.
    Ohhhh... well that makes sense then. Sorry. My bad.
  • stixman6stixman6 Unsigned

What songs are in the Schick promo pack?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    stixman6 said:

"Appetite" -- The Gracious Few
    "Don't Feel Like That Anymore" -- Johnny Cooper
    "Freakshow" -- HourCast
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star

The latter. OXM never granted entitlements, they never came forward nor were they planned to.

Okay, thanks. Kind of disappointing, but thankfully Rock Rebellion is the one song in that pack I like enough to pay for again.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

stixman6 said:

"Appetite" -- The Gracious Few
    "Don't Feel Like That Anymore" -- Johnny Cooper
    "Freakshow" -- HourCast
    They included charting for Pro Guitar!
    I'll have to give that a try this weekend for old times' sake