DLC Fixes in RB4: Xbox - 10 songs; SIEA - ????; SIEE - Rest of Tragic Kingdom

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 12

Graffin said:

dinoman said:

Glad for people who bought Manu Chao finally get it back, I only had it through the RB1 export so I will never see it again :sadface:

That only affects SIEE users.

On the XBOX and SIEA, all of the European tracks were released as separate DLC, whereas SIEE users NEVER got the opportunity to purchase...

Die Toten Hosen - Hier Kommt Alex
    Les Wampus - Manu Chao
    Tokio Hotel - Monsoon

These were delisted, but at least we were able to re-purchase the other 6 RB1 songs... Muse, Oasis, etc. so not all bad.

Just hope we see some more fixes for SIEE... i'm personally missing about 44 songs, but I think HMXOwl said there were still over 100 to be fixed... lost count on the actual numbers (sorry).
    I don't understand, So will we SIEE users get Manu Chao eventually? Or is it lost DLC?
    I really don't know, same with Hier Kommt Alex (the situation sounds very complicated). Monsoon sounds like a definite no though as for SIEE owners the only way to play that song is to load up the RB1 disc.
  • I've recently been able to download:
    • Livin' on a Prayer Bon Jovi
    • Don't Stop Believing Journey
    • Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine - Pt. 1 James Brown
    • Jerk It Out Caesars
    • Town Called Malice The Jam
    • Walk Like an Egyptian The Bangles
    Legacy DLC that was unavailable on SCIEE RB4.

They are still not available if you look on the native RBStore, but if you search on the PC/Mac Browser version of the PlayStation Store you can find a whole bunch of songs that aren't in the game's store. This is how I've been checking for my legacy songs of late.

Unfortunately Gay Bar and Manu Chao are not available right now as far as I can see using this method.

But like I say, all of the aforementioned songs, and also Cherry Bomb now that I think of it, I wasn't able to find on the RB Store but did when looking specifically on the browser version of the PS Store. So that's my tip :)
  • edited February 14
    Will The Gracious Few and Johnny Cooper songs from the Schick pack be brought back since the Hourcast song is already back on xbox?
    edited February 15
    SideshowN said:

"Body I Occupy" - The Naked Brothers Band
    "Gone" - Crooked X
    "I Don't Want to Go to School" The Naked Brothers
    "Monsoon" - Tokio Hotel
    "Promised Land" - Vesuvius
    "Ready, Set, Go!" - Tokio Hotel
    "Rock 'n' Roll Dream" - Crooked X

Got these, don't know whether Hier Kommt Alex is a late entitlement situation like last week's Sort Of (i.e. the entitlement appears later in the day) but I'm thankful for the other fixes. Only 6 left for me including Hier Kommt Alex.
    SideshowN said:

"Hier Kommt Alex" - Die Toten Hosen
    "The Wagon" - Dinosaur Jr
    "Pick Me Up" - Dinosaur Jr
    "Fake Friends" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
    "U suck" - Just Kait
    "Dreaming of Love" - Lights Resolve

At this rate, XB1 could be finished by the end of the month outside of the awkward 30 pack situation.
  • Bullethead73Bullethead73 Unsigned
    edited February 15
    Any update on the Guns n' Roses "Chinese Democracy" in North America? It's not on Google doc. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I have checked online and the in game store to redownload to the PS4. The individual tracks and album pack were always unavailable. Today the album came up as FREE. Don't know when it became available but thanks!

• I swear I had bought monsoon back in the day, well I'm just missing pick me up and those songs from the 30 pack and were good, almost there
  • Nothing for siee this week?
  • The leaderboards aren't live yet for the new XB1 delisted fixes.
  • edited February 15
    I'm on xbox one and I originally exported the EU version of RB1 that had the extra songs (Hysteria, Hier Kommt Alex etc.) on it. As of today, I got all those songs back except for Monsoon, even though I'd be entitled to it. Anyone else facing the same problem?
  • kiasano said:

I'm on xbox one and I originally exported the EU version of RB1 that had the extra songs (Hysteria, Hier Kommt Alex etc.) on it. As of today, I got all those songs back except for Monsoon, even though I'd be entitled to it. Anyone else facing the same problem?

Monsoon never exported from RB1 Euro, and RB1 Euro tracks were not entitled to the export in RB4 because of licensing.
    edited February 15
    kiasano said:

Monsoon never exported from RB1, only the other 8 did. To play Monsoon outside of playing the RB1 disc you had to buy it as standalone DLC between August/September 2012 and the end of June 2013.
  • edited February 15
    HMXOwl said:

Monsoon never exported from RB1 Euro, and RB1 Euro tracks were not entitled to the export in RB4 because of licensing.

I remember this now, I had to create a US gamertag just to get access to the DLC purchase option for Monsoon, so technically I bought the song twice. The irony being that now I don't own it at all, bummer.

• @kiasano You have Hier Kommt Alex on your XB1 now?
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited February 15

THIS IS NOT A DRILL (XB1)

Feels so good to be able to play this one, again.
  • Hier Kommt Alex should be considered for revival as DLC Rewind because it is so good.
  • @kiasano You have Hier Kommt Alex on your XB1 now?

I do as of today! And I never bought the song as DLC, it was one of the tracks that exported with RB1 on the EU Version of the game.
    edited February 15
    kiasano said:

@kiasano You have Hier Kommt Alex on your XB1 now?

I do as of today! And I never bought the song as DLC, it was one of the tracks that exported with RB1 on the EU Version of the game.
    I guess I've just got to wait then, I can't find it in my ready to install.
  • j189512j189512 Unsigned
    Hier Kommt Alex is here! i can't waittttttttt
  • Promised Land and Ready, Set, Go! did not show up in my Ready to Install (the rest did), but I did search for them and was able to download them.

So if you're on xbox try searching for the songs if they aren't showing up for you.
  • With this update, I'm now just missing 4 songs.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited February 16
    kiasano said:

@kiasano You have Hier Kommt Alex on your XB1 now?

Wait... what?

It was in the RB1 Export for XBOX EU users?

So, why the hell was it left out for PS4 EU users?

We had to beg to have the EU bonus tracks brought back, but also had to pay for them to get them onto the PS4, whereas EU XBOX One users get them for free?

That really p's me off. It almost makes me want to throw my plastic guitar through my TV, not want to play the game any more and totally slam Harmonix on every social media platform. If this is true, this is war.

If this is true, I want the remaining 3 songs made available. It's only fair that we have equality across all platforms.

So, please make the Die Toten Hosen, Manu Chao and Tokio Hotel tracks available for SIEE users. Even if it means we have to pay for them. I think it's a fair compromise, i'm willing to pay for them.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    @graffin "Hier Kommt Alex" was in the PS3 EU export pack, but it only worked in RB2 (was blocked in RB3). I do agree that it's unfair that EU Xbox are getting those songs (and for free).
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited February 16
    Jadiou said:

@graffin "Hier Kommt Alex" was in the PS3 EU export pack, but it only worked in RB2 (was blocked in RB3). I do agree that it's unfair that EU Xbox are getting those songs (and for free).

Yeah, sorry... I meant PS4 there (fixed now). I know all of the songs (except perhaps Tokio Hotel's Monsoon) was in the RB1 Export Package for the PS3. The Die Toten Hosen and Oasis songs were playable in RB1 and RB2, and blocked in RB3, but they were still there. We technically had the licensing for them.

So, the question beckons... why were they left out of the RB1 Export Download Package on the PS4?

If XBOX 360 users got them on the XBOX One, shouldn't we PS3 users have also gotten them for the PS4?

The fact that we had to beg for them to be made available and pay for them... well, I can live with that, even though it is unfair that XBOX users got them for free (news to me), and they've ALWAYS had access to purchase these songs individually, which again wasn't extended to SIEE users. We never had the opportunity to purchase them.

The thing that p's me off the most is that we're basically told we'll never get the other 3 EU songs... If XBOX users get access to Die Toten Hosen, Manu Chao and Tokio Hotel, then I expect the same courtesy to be extended to we SIEE players.

If we have to pay for the songs again to make it happen, so be it, but to essentially be told we're never gonna get them and be thankful that they allowed us to BUY the other 6 songs, that to me is simply not good enough.
    edited February 16
    @Graffin Monsoon straight up only has entitlements for those who purchased as DLC, it didn't even export on last gen. EU 360 owners either had to wait until August/September 2012 to buy it as standalone DLC or create a US gamertag and buy it as standalone DLC that way (in both cases that option wasn't available after June 2013). If you look at the person's earlier comments, they said they used a US gamertag to buy Monsoon and didn't get access in RB4 (I guess they don't use the US gamertag anymore).

That 1 person seems to be an exception for Hier Kommt Alex being available for a EU RB1 exporter so I don't know what's going on on that front.

As for the others except Rock n Roll Star, it may be something to do with the November 2011 RB3 update bug. The bug only affected EU RB1 exporters on 360 so a DLC code approach was used to fix the issue rather than an update patch (the 8 songs were the 6 EU RB1 bonus songs playable in RB3 via export, Dani California and When You Were Young):
    http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/4553247/#Comment_4553247
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    Down to just seven left!!! Sooo Close!!! \m/ ^.^ \m/
  • CGX106CGX106 Unsigned
    When will "Hier Kommt Alex" and "Monsoon" be available for Xbox One in Europe? I have purchased both songs via Rock Band (1) and its "free" European songs pack. Unfortunately both songs won't show up to install.

As a German I really want "Hier Kommt Alex" back :(. Are there any other possibilities to get the song? I cannot purchase the song via xbox.com, because it is region locked in Germany.
  • A bit off topic here, but does anyone know why songs would disappear from my Ready to Install section? I mean, I didn't want them in the game, so I'm not really going to miss them, but they are mine (or were, I guess), so I figured I'd always have the option to use them if I had a change of heart.
    edited February 17
    @CGX106 Monsoon was never exportable for RB1 (the Europe RB1 export contained the other 8 bonus songs), your only opportunity to play it outside of RB1 using a Europe gamertag was between August/September 2012 and June 2013 when the 9 bonus songs were made available as standalone DLC. Hier Kommt Alex is an unknown situation but you for certain would've got the entitlement if you bought it as standalone DLC between August/September 2012 and June 2013.

@JonathanLaFey Well if songs get delisted you'll lose the entitlement for awhile, take Starting to Appreciate for example. That song was delisted on March 31st 2017 so if you deleted after then or didn't have the song installed before then you won't have the entitlement anymore. It will be fixed eventually but until then you'll have to do without. Another setup is if Microsoft made a mistake, you'll lose entitlements if you're not actually entitled to the content (e.g. GDRB export owners were entitled to the wrong Viva La Gloria initially).
  • CGX106CGX106 Unsigned
    I did not buy "Hier Kommt Alex" as standalone DLC in 2012 / 2013, because I already had it in my library for Rock Band 1 - 3. I think the same problem exists for all European Xbox players, if they started with Rock Band (1). It is kind of strange that all non European players get the songs, but all European players (the actual target audience of the songs) do not get them.

Monsoon does not matter so much for me, it would be ok.