DLC Discussion Thread: Pair Metal, The Hit Sequel

edited January 16 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 1/11: Skid Row and Whitesnake!

Two artists have their second DLC songs releasing this week, with another Skid Row track and a Rewind from Whitesnake coming to Rock Band soon!

What better song to release as a follow-up to December’s “18 and Life” DLC release than the follow-up single, “I Remember You”? The hit power ballad from Skid Row, it became a top 10 hit for the band in the transition to the ‘90s. Bass and drums hold down the rhythm as you may expect from a ballad, but there’s still nuance to be found in each part. There’s plenty of active parts on guitar, including a tough solo near the end of the song. Vocals are…well, Sebastian Bach doing a ballad. They’re pretty tough to get down, even outranking the guitar difficulty.

Whitesnake previously made an appearance on the Rock Band 3 disc with “Here I Go Again” and now anyone can pick it up with this Rewind release! Topping the Billboard Hot 100 in the fall of 1987, “Here I Go Again” joined several other huge singles to push Whitesnake’s self-titled album to 8x platinum status in America. A slow intro builds toward the full band coming in, with an excellent guitar riff taking lead in the song. A well-known chorus is great for vocalists, which only steps back for the guitar solo later in the song.

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 4 Spotlight Pass Plus can be purchased for $15.99.

• Skid Row - "I Remember You" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 4 Spotlight Pass Plus)
  • Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again" (Rewind)

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, January 11th.

Comments

• You had another chance for Youth Gone Wild, and you couldn't do it this time?

Well, it's nothing extra so...yay?

And another RB3 Rewind, for those interested.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    So much Skid Row. The fans will be happy to see that. Doesn't thrill me much, especially without "Youth Gone Wild", but hey! We once thought we'd never get them. So cool enough.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Oh hell yeah!!! I didn’t expect to get Skid Row again so soon but I Remember You is one of my favorite songs, instant purchase!

The Whitesnake song is of course good too, but I already have it
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 10
    Interesting. Would have figured if they did the multilicense thing, it would have been I Remember You circa Valentine's (possibly paired with Whitesnake, but 'Is This Love'), and Youth Gone Wild sometime else.

Also surprised to have the same artist appear twice in the spotlight+ pass.

That said, I'd have bought this, so sp+ is now at 4/4 happy for me.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited January 10
    2 Skid Row tracks in the same season pass! Harmonix, you guys are awesome! Keep up the good work and thanks!

Also I'm 4/4 too with the sp+ so that's cool too
  • Yawn, but yay!!! for Skid Row
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    I'm passing on these 2, one I already have, and the other inevitably won't have stems. At least I have the 5 free songs to play :)

I was half expecting to see "Is This Love" instead when I saw Whitesnake, so again was disappointed that it was a rewind.
  • edited January 10
    Already have Here I Go Again, thanks to the Rock Band 3 Export, which I did on my Birthday of 2016. But it's nice to know that it's possible to get Rewinds that isn't tied to Rock Band VR or Dropmix. (And since this is the anniversary year of Rock Band 2, that means, hear's hoping we get the Rewind for Painkiller (Judas Priest) eventually).

Kinda surprised that Glam is being used this week and kinda disappointed that the Skid Row song isn't Youth Gone Wild. But I digress, getting another Skid Row song will increase our chances of getting it eventually. :)

Weekly Challenge Theme: I Move Like a Cat, Charge Like a Ram, Sting Like a Bee (Rock + Glam)
    Spotlight Songs
    - Living On a Prayer (Bon Jovi)
    - Radio (No Small Children)
    - I Remember You (Skid Row)
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    Never heard "I Remember you" before, but after a youtube listen I think I'm on board!
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    Not my kind of music but happy for others
  • iuggiboyiuggiboy Unsigned
    Good week, so close to Billy Squier, maybe next 80's
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    More Skid Row and no "Youth Gone Wild"?! I'm not a massive Skid Row fan (or really a fan of hair metal in general), but I wants that song, dangit!

I'm skipping "I Remember You" and I've already got the Rewind.
    GLaDOS said:

So we can officially throw out the idea that rewinds are done once we get "Alive" and "A-Punk"

I don't think people thought Rewinds were done, I think we all just assumed "Alive" and "A-Punk" were next in line.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Looks like I need to add funds to my virtual wallet. 4/4 so far so another 2 "would have purchased anyway" and the SP is worth it. Maybe "Youth Gone Wild" will get tagged in another genre and complete the pack on week 8. I guy and dream can't he?
  • Witticus said:

Witticus said:

Here the rewinds go on their own,
    Like an independent developer they were born to be resold.

Cause I know what it means
    To monetize another revenue stre-ee-eeeeeam
    And I made up mah mind!
    I ain’t buyin’ it a second time!
    They're just another indie dev in need of rescue

Waitin' on new ways to make DLC
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    cbt87 said:

I really hope they're not done with rewinds, I never exported Lego: RB and there's so many songs players in my situation are missing out on. Free Falling, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, Aliens Exist, Breakdown, Let's Dance and Summer of '69 being the top ones

People have been asking for Lego Rock Band songs as DLC since that game came out. I think people were afraid/embarrassed to buy a "kids game" when it was originally released. Or maybe they're not that crazy about UK bands lol
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 10
    My challenge prediction is Rock and Glam with spotlight songs I Remember You, Photograph (Def Leppard) and S.O.M.P.

Regarding the discussion about Youth Gone Wild, maybe sometime later in the year we end up with a pack (e.g. Youth Gone Wild, Monkey Business, Slave to the Grind).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Have one, already getting the other. I don't remember "I Remember You," but I liked "18 and Life" so I think I'll probably like this one too.
  • Expecting Youth Gone Wild soon
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Not my kind of week, but good to see others excited for more Skid Row! And again thanks for the new free songs, those are awesome!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 10
    GLaDOS said:

So we can officially throw out the idea that rewinds are done once we get "Alive" and "A-Punk"

But now we have to wonder... when we get a rewind that they don't have the "We needed to talk to them about licensing that artist for another title anyway and we tacked the rewind for RB4 into the same discussion" reasoning...

...Does this mean that any rewinds we're getting now are a foreshadow of other new songs by the same artist?

Did HMX engage with Whitesnake's lawyers just to get a rewind of Here I Go Again?
    or
    Did HMX engage with Whitesnake's lawyers to license "Is This Love", and while they had them signing papers anyway they rolled a rewind into the discussion?

Hmmm.
  • Yassssss!! Got both the Skid Row songs I needed (with that said I’m hoping for Youth for all you guys too <3)
  • Stoked for I Remember You, but really wish we were also getting Youth Gone Wild.

I'd like more Whitesnake, but Is This Love would be boring af IMO. Give me Fool For Your Lovin' or You're Gonna Break My Heart Again.

Hell, all of the greatest hits while we're at it :smiley:
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

GLaDOS said:

But now we have to wonder... when we get a rewind that they don't have the "We needed to talk to them about licensing that artist for another title anyway and we tacked the rewind for RB4 into the same discussion" reasoning...

...Does this mean that any rewinds we're getting now are a foreshadow of other new songs by the same artist?

Did HMX engage with Whitesnake's lawyers just to get a rewind of Here I Go Again?
    or
    Did HMX engage with Whitesnake's lawyers to license "Is This Love", and while they had them signing papers anyway they rolled a rewind into the discussion?

Hmmm.
    I wouldn't be shocked to see "Is This Love?" on Valentine's Day this year.