DLC Discussion Thread: Pair Metal, The Hit Sequel

Comments

• GLaDOS said:

So we can officially throw out the idea that rewinds are done once we get "Alive" and "A-Punk"

But now we have to wonder... when we get a rewind that they don't have the "We needed to talk to them about licensing that artist for another title anyway and we tacked the rewind for RB4 into the same discussion" reasoning...

...Does this mean that any rewinds we're getting now are a foreshadow of other new songs by the same artist?

Did HMX engage with Whitesnake's lawyers just to get a rewind of Here I Go Again?
    or
    Did HMX engage with Whitesnake's lawyers to license "Is This Love", and while they had them signing papers anyway they rolled a rewind into the discussion?

Hmmm.
    Well if we look at the rewinds not on the RBVR or DropMix setlists there's:
    Chop Suey (December 2017 DLC for RBVR)
    Swing, Swing
    Carry on Wayward Son
    (Don't Fear) The Reaper (Burnin' For You was DLC in September 2017)
    Round and Round
    Nine in the Afternoon (Emperor's New Clothes is in DropMix)
    In Too Deep
    Ace of Spades '08
    My Own Worst Enemy
    That's What You Get (Ain't It Fun was on RBVR setlist and came to RB4 in June 2017)
    Free Bird
    Here I Go Again
  • hollamshollams Unsigned
    I would love to get the whole Skid Row Slave to the Grind album. So many good rocking tracks.
  • Oh my goodness I beyond excited for I remember you. I fact I got so excited it had my mind thinking we were getting is this love as well. Turns out after looking again it's Here I go again. :smile: Oh well maybe some other time for (Is this love) but I'm so excited for I remember you!!
  • Stoked for I Remember You, but really wish we were also getting Youth Gone Wild.

I'd like more Whitesnake, but Is This Love would be boring af IMO. Give me Fool For Your Lovin' or You're Gonna Break My Heart Again.

Hell, all of the greatest hits while we're at it :smiley:

"Is this love" might be slow but it would be a great addition for the game. I can picture myself playing that song all relaxed and soaking it in.
  • cbt87 said:

I really hope they're not done with rewinds, I never exported Lego: RB and there's so many songs players in my situation are missing out on. Free Falling, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, Aliens Exist, Breakdown, Let's Dance and Summer of '69 being the top ones

I'm right there with you. I also want Check Yes Juliet.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    edited January 10
    more skid row is always good, just get Monkey Business and/or Slave to the Grind and life will be great
  • Two songs from the same band in one pass? Very surprising.. Luckily, I LOVE Skid Row.
    Like others have mentioned, I'd rather have Youth Gone Wild (which put them on the map), but I Remember You is also essential..

I wonder if 18 & Life sold so well that they fast-tracked this next song to strike while the iron is hot?? Maybe that partially explains the day-late announcement??

Hopefully - that could mean Youth Gone Wild and Monkey Business are in the plans down the road as well.. Buy it up people!!

Anyway - for those who don't have the RB3 export - it's Hair Heaven week for you - enjoy!
  • Not a huge fan of this song, kinda wish it was "Youth Gone Wild" but the song is alright

so can we expect another Skid Row song in three weeks :P
  • Stoked for I Remember You, but really wish we were also getting Youth Gone Wild.

I'd like more Whitesnake, but Is This Love would be boring af IMO. Give me Fool For Your Lovin' or You're Gonna Break My Heart Again.

YES. I so want Fool For Your Loving. Which version though? I'd want the re-record with Steve Vai.

And yes, gimme others too :) Slide It In, Is This Love, etc.
  • Maybe that partially explains the day-late announcement??

Nope, just had a release on Tuesday. Songs are done and submitted WEEKS out, the day of the week is essentially inconsequential to the pipeline.

Remember, Occam's DLC. When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not Zeppelin.
  • More Skid Row again so soon! Wow! What a surprise! Love it! All the exclamation points!

For the record HMX, I'd be fine with some Skid Row every few weeks. Just sayin' :p

Already have the rewind, but hoping for some new Whitesnake in the future!
  • I had Lego: RB and I liked it but I bought it used and the export code had already been used. Then I eventually bought a code off ebay then five minutes later found out the export couldn't be redeemed anymore so canceled my order lol
  • For those who wanted Youth Gone Wild (I do too, but I also wanted I Remember You :)), I'd say there's still reason to be optimistic that we'd get it sometime.
  • HMXOwl said:

Maybe that partially explains the day-late announcement??

Nope, just had a release on Tuesday. Songs are done and submitted WEEKS out, the day of the week is essentially inconsequential to the pipeline.

Look at Owl's horse. His horse is amazing.

But it has no name.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    First, great job guys, this is four weeks in a row all the new songs will be mine. Harmonix is clearly trying to FC 2018.

I would love to get Skid Row every month, and while I agree Youth Gone Wild needs to be next, I am going to throw out some love for Piece Of Me.

And hell yes to Is This Love and Fool For Your Loving, but let's also go Slow An' Easy.
  • KidSleez said:

Stoked for I Remember You, but really wish we were also getting Youth Gone Wild.

YES. I so want Fool For Your Loving. Which version though? I'd want the re-record with Steve Vai.

I'd have to go with the original recording of Fool For Your Loving. There are some great songs on Slip of the Tongue, and though Vai's playing is obviously other-worldly, I didn't think he fit into Whitesnake at all. I'm a sucker for the late '70s/early '80s material, so I'll always go with the Marsden/Moody guitar team, but man, I do love me some John Sykes, so Slide it In or more Whitesnake stuff would be perfectly fine with me (and would likely be all we'd get, if anything, anyway).
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star

HMXOwl said:

Look at Owl's horse. His horse is amazing.

But it has no name.
    Ooooh, I'd love some America in Rock Band.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Already have the rewind, will buy "I Remember You". Hoping they bring "Youth Gone Wild" if they consider Skid Row again for DLC, I'll even settle with "The Threat".
  • KidSleez said:

Stoked for I Remember You, but really wish we were also getting Youth Gone Wild.

I'd have to go with the original recording of Fool For Your Loving. There are some great songs on Slip of the Tongue, and though Vai's playing is obviously other-worldly, I didn't think he fit into Whitesnake at all. I'm a sucker for the late '70s/early '80s material, so I'll always go with the Marsden/Moody guitar team, but man, I do love me some John Sykes, so Slide it In or more Whitesnake stuff would be perfectly fine with me (and would likely be all we'd get, if anything, anyway).
    I agree that Vai was a weird fit for Whitesnake, but I thought Slip of the Tongue came out pretty good. Honestly haven't listened to it for a long time though. I think the re-record of FFYL sounds like an updated-for-the-era version with the added dynamic sound of Vai's guitar work. That being said, the OG is pretty awesome and I'd be happy to have either one.
  • HMXOwl said:

Wild Horses - Rolling Stones confirmed!

• edited January 10
    I already got the spotlight pass and the RB3 export, so I get nothing this week? :lol: Well, apart from the free stuff anyway. It's like you don't want my money anymore, Harmonix!

EDIT: My contribution to the horseplay: I'm going to apply Occam's Razor myself and say Band of Horses. Owl said Horses, in a Rock Band thread so...
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    As someone predicted earlier, DIY stems for I Remember You.
  • As someone predicted earlier, DIY stems for I Remember You.

I could tell in the preview video lol. But regardless we all knew since the masters are now buried. RIP.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited January 11
    U2 - Who’s Going to Ride Your Wild Horses confirmed.
  • edited January 11
    Nice! A Metal Week that has not only the typical Metal genres, but also the sub Genres (Like Hair Metal and Prog Metal). My PS4 crew will definitely be looking forward to this week. :)

EDIT: Oops, I stand corrected. A Metal/Nu-Metal Week with Glam (Both Hair Metal and Normal Glam) and Prog (Both Prog Metal and Normal Prog). But still, it's good to know that Harmonix is aware of the subgenres Hair Metal and Prog Metal.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Cool, I can get destroyed on my Iron Maiden songs I recently picked up. Then again, I can always play the Glam songs for a breather.
  • Rock and Indie Rock are probably next week's challenge as on 20th January KROQ has a Rivals showcase live event.