DLC Discussion Thread: Pair Metal, The Hit Sequel

135

Comments

  • As a Hairbanger, I think this week's excellent! Maybe could've used one more song (Cinderella, Def Leppard, among others still have songs that'd fit well with the theme of this week's songs), but I can't really complain when we get more Skid Row (and one of my favorite Skid Row songs too!) and a Whitesnake rewind.

    I'm pretty stoked to see what's coming up given how good the DLC has been lately!
  • So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.
  • Rather now then a Bloodstone week.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 11

    So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.

    According to the ingame store there's no cherry picking. All metal, nu-metal, glam and prog count.
  • So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.

    According to the ingame store there's no cherry picking. All metal, nu-metal, glam and prog count.
    That's seems odd. There's quite a few songs that I wouldn't consider metal in those categories. David Bowie, T.Rex. I wouldn't even call Rush metal really.
  • So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.

    According to the ingame store there's no cherry picking. All metal, nu-metal, glam and prog count.
    That's seems odd. There's quite a few songs that I wouldn't consider metal in those categories. David Bowie, T.Rex. I wouldn't even call Rush metal really.
    Yeah none of those you mentioned are metal.
    So does this mean we are officially not getting a Glam Rock week :(
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

    So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.

    According to the ingame store there's no cherry picking. All metal, nu-metal, glam and prog count.
    That's weird. We know they're able to cherry pick specific songs. Dumping in ALL the glam and prog (even bands that don't make sense like Bowie, T. Rex, Yes, Rush, etc) just seems lazy.
  • So they are combining different genres (at least for this one).

    Makes me hopeful for certain things (even if unlikely).
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited January 11

    So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.

    According to the ingame store there's no cherry picking. All metal, nu-metal, glam and prog count.
    That's seems odd. There's quite a few songs that I wouldn't consider metal in those categories. David Bowie, T.Rex. I wouldn't even call Rush metal really.
    Yeah none of those you mentioned are metal.
    So does this mean we are officially not getting a Glam Rock week :(
    I wasn't expecting a Glam Rock week anyway given how light the genre is on songs. I was only half expecting one Glam/Hair Metal song, and rewind aside that's what we got.

    On the other hand I guess it also appears to rule out any "actual" metal, and no bands like Rush, Linkin Park, SoaD, etc.
    tdc002 said:

    So about 400 songs or so, assuming they cherry pick from glam and prog. Decent choice to start off the theme weeks.

    According to the ingame store there's no cherry picking. All metal, nu-metal, glam and prog count.
    That's weird. We know they're able to cherry pick specific songs. Dumping in ALL the glam and prog (even bands that don't make sense like Bowie, T. Rex, Yes, Rush, etc) just seems lazy.
    Yeah very odd choice unless they found a way to just click a button to mass add genres/decades/etc. to a challenge. If they had to hand add them it's very odd indeed.

    Only other explanation would be maybe they want to use every song throughout this season (first week aside) and didn't want to forget some by splitting genres over different weeks (like Glam Metal with Metal and Glam Rock with Rock).

    I guess we'll see.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    They’ve always had the ability to define challenge eligibility by metadata criteria rather than a handpicked list. This is why in some early genre challenges the game was showing some players songs as eligible that the servers rejected at submission time - because the players’ machines had old metadata and didn’t show recent song genre changes and needed a library refresh.
  • They’ve always had the ability to define challenge eligibility by metadata criteria rather than a handpicked list. This is why in some early genre challenges the game was showing some players songs as eligible that the servers rejected at submission time - because the players’ machines had old metadata and didn’t show recent song genre changes and needed a library refresh.

    Correct.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    tdc002 said:

    cbt87 said:

    I really hope they're not done with rewinds, I never exported Lego: RB and there's so many songs players in my situation are missing out on. Free Falling, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, Aliens Exist, Breakdown, Let's Dance and Summer of '69 being the top ones

    People have been asking for Lego Rock Band songs as DLC since that game came out. I think people were afraid/embarrassed to buy a "kids game" when it was originally released. Or maybe they're not that crazy about UK bands lol
    You may be right. But I bought it with no regrets. Not only was the game a ton of fun, it also has probably my favorite setlist of all the Rock Band games.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Damn, I already miss not having the European thread.

    For anyone that can't find this week's DLC on the PSN Store, just search for Skid Row or "I Remember You" and it should appear for FREE (if you own the Season Pass), or $2.95AUD (or whatever it costs per song in your region) if you don't own the Season Pass.

    The Whitesnake rewind song is nowhere to be seen though. Perhaps it'll magically appear later??? :/
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    Graffin said:

    Damn, I already miss not having the European thread.

    For anyone that can't find this week's DLC on the PSN Store, just search for Skid Row or "I Remember You" and it should appear for FREE (if you own the Season Pass), or $2.95AUD (or whatever it costs per song in your region) if you don't own the Season Pass.

    The Whitesnake rewind song is nowhere to be seen though. Perhaps it'll magically appear later??? :/

    Whitesnake is here https://store.playstation.com/fi-fi/product/EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBHEREIGOAGA2342
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Jadiou said:

    Graffin said:

    Damn, I already miss not having the European thread.

    For anyone that can't find this week's DLC on the PSN Store, just search for Skid Row or "I Remember You" and it should appear for FREE (if you own the Season Pass), or $2.95AUD (or whatever it costs per song in your region) if you don't own the Season Pass.

    The Whitesnake rewind song is nowhere to be seen though. Perhaps it'll magically appear later??? :/

    Whitesnake is here https://store.playstation.com/fi-fi/product/EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBHEREIGOAGA2342
    Weird... it's not listed with the rest of the RB4 add-ons, but found it with that link (replacing the fi-fi with en-au). Must just be the webstore working fantastically well again.
  • Graffin said:

    Jadiou said:

    Graffin said:

    Damn, I already miss not having the European thread.

    For anyone that can't find this week's DLC on the PSN Store, just search for Skid Row or "I Remember You" and it should appear for FREE (if you own the Season Pass), or $2.95AUD (or whatever it costs per song in your region) if you don't own the Season Pass.

    The Whitesnake rewind song is nowhere to be seen though. Perhaps it'll magically appear later??? :/

    Whitesnake is here https://store.playstation.com/fi-fi/product/EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBHEREIGOAGA2342
    Weird... it's not listed with the rest of the RB4 add-ons, but found it with that link (replacing the fi-fi with en-au). Must just be the webstore working fantastically well again.
    The webstore is iffy at times when DLC first goes live. (especially here on the US one)
    I tried your little trick just to see lol. It's not up in US unfortunately. Was gonna use it to hopefully find
    "I Remember You"
  • Can’t find new tracks here in the u.k tried everything with no luck, anyone else found them?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    g-money25 said:

    Can’t find new tracks here in the u.k tried everything with no luck, anyone else found them?

    Xbox or Playstation?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    g-money25 said:

    Can’t find new tracks here in the u.k tried everything with no luck, anyone else found them?

    UK PSN?

    (Skid Row)
    https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBIREMEMBERYOUXX

    (Whitesnake)
    https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP8802-CUSA02901_00-RBHEREIGOAGA2342

    It seems they appear and disappear from the Webstore. I had the same problem!
  • Sorry guys playstation u.k and found them now, thanks for the help
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Black metal? As in Jack Black metal?
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

    Rebecca Black Metal.

    Oh my god... you just gave me a great idea for a band. ;) And then if we want, we could play covers of all of her amazing hits!!!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Vexus said:

    "The Metal" by Tenacious D is classed as a rock song and so isn't eligible this week.

    "Hard Rock Hallelujah" by Lordi is classed as a metal song and so won't be eligible for rock week.

    Life, eh?

    I was wondering what the Rock Band equivalent of "Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?" was.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

    Rebecca Black Metal.

    Oh my god... you just gave me a great idea for a band. ;) And then if we want, we could play covers of all of her amazing hits!!!
    It’s Fry Day
    Fry Day
    World will go down on Fry Day
    Everybody’s looking forward to extinction.

    Famine and Pestilence, Yeah!
    War, and the master, Death, Yeah!
    Burn, burn, burn, burn,
    Looking forward to the bleak end.


    I will make sure to credit you for the lyrics when that becomes our hit lead single. ;)

    I'm just wondering if I should pull a Rob Zombie and use the Dragula for the car scenes in the music video... hmmm...
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited January 11
    Has anybody noticed the mixing on Skid Row?

    Where are all the bass frequencies? You can hear there’s a bass, and the toms come through here and there, but there is no low end whatsoever.

    I have a decent system and my house rattles off that new Symbion Project song like crazy, but this song is just like playing it over a megaphone.

    Can I get some rumble or at the least some good vibrations off this song?
  • uppyb0t said:

    Has anybody noticed the mixing on Skid Row?

    Where are all the bass frequencies? You can hear there’s a bass, and the toms come through here and there, but there is no low end whatsoever.

    I have a decent system and my house rattles off that new Symbion Project song like crazy, but this song is just like playing it over a megaphone.

    Can I get some rumble or at the least some good vibrations off this song?

    The mix can't be changed without masters/proper stems. The production of the album itself isn't awesome (a bit of a sign of the times, I'm afraid), so this is what we've got. Still, I'd rather have it this way than not at all.
  • Anyone else on PS4 have an issue with I Remember You not showing up in the song library even though it has been installed?
135
Sign In or Register to comment.