Suggestions for Dropmix 2

gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
So, dropmix newbie here. The concept of the game is so forward thinking - but some of the details leave me wondering what was behind some of the decisions. My two cents (and feel free to add or discuss)

1. Battery compartment - instead of a screw, just a panel release like the rockband guitars. Much easier

2. A cord that could power dropmix from an outlet. much more versatile.

3. with plug in power (#2) Dropmix can support a USB outlet.
Seriously, I played two games and my low battery on my phone started popping up. It would have been awesome if the game charged the play screen ( I understand why the game didn't come with a play screen - $$$$$) people can get their own adapter to fit their screen device to fit the USB

4. The box is gorgeous - but not useful. It doesn't take into account all the other packs I bought. and a place for my screwdriver and extra batteries (since #1 and #2) it doesn't secure enough nor have a handle for taking to parties. If there were named pack places you bet it would encourage people to get more packs "Hey Cat, what's that ghost pack blank area?" " Oh, I haven't gotten it yet"

There - a start. The game PLAY is wonderful! Technology amazing!
But these other things bring my review from awesome down to good. Maybe Good!

Discuss?

Comments

• aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited January 13
    Well - I can't necessarily disagree with anything you've mentioned.. My guess is cost was a factor for #2 &#3, but I hear ya - all that stuff you mentioned would be beneficial..

As of right now, I have every playlist available and I can fit them all in the box.. I just put multiple decks in poker card boxes and put those on top of the board (along with the 4 decks under the board), and it fits in the box without bulging.. I don't have the cards in individual sleeves yet though - I'm waiting for HMX and Ultra (I think) to release official products across the whole line.

Here are my main issues so far:

A) I've been following the game since it was first announced, and I just recently figured out that discovery packs were completely different cards than the "full" packs or whatever they're called.. If I just figured that out - there HAS to be a ton of more casual players who don't understand the packaging scheme as well.. I love the fact that the game is not sold in random packs, but it seems confusing - they should only sell the bigger packs or only sell the discovery packs.. Whatever they do - it needs to be much more obvious.. Not to mention no matter which kind of pack you buy, you have to perform minor surgery to open them without damaging the cards.. Annoying - there's gotta be a simpler packaging method.

2) The tech is amazing - I love just messing around with it, but the rules & strategies for competitive play need to be more out in the open.. Watching the video is great and all, but I'd love a quick reference sheet with all game rules and individual card rules.. (If this is in the box, we accidentally threw it out)!

D) There should be TWICE as many vocals cards in each set.. Sometimes during gameplay the same vocals repeat 4+ times before someone switches it out, and if the particular mix is of a "strange" tempo respectively, and the song doesn't really sound appealing - it can really be a turnoff.. Often it just seems like we're hearing the same songs over and over with just slight variations.. Lets be real here - the vocals put the stamp on each mix, and in order for them to stand out from one another, there needs to be more variation with the lyrics we're hearing.

Overall - it's a really neat game though.. I'm pot committed.
  • ALSO:

I know this is INCREDIBLY subjective, but I wish HMX only made "iconic" cards..

What I mean is - there are tons of times when a card is played, and while I know the song it's from very well, that "part" of the song isn't at all memorable, whether it's the beat or the guitar part or whatever..

Meanwhile other songs have MULTIPLE memorable parts (Cake's "Short Skirt Long Jacket" has the Horns, the Bassline, and the practically "talkie" vocals), where the moment you hear it - you know the song.. So many times a card is played (even on a blank board) and even though I've heard the full song 1000 times, it doesn't resonate that part at all.. Subjective, I know.. Anyway..
  • There should be TWICE as many vocals cards in each set.

This.

The more unique the sample, the more variety there should be to choose from. I can use the same drum card over and over, so I kind of need less of them, but there are more. Actually, it fun to layer drums. But vocals are so unique that there just needs to be way MORE.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned

Well - I can't necessarily disagree with anything you've mentioned.. My guess is cost was a factor for #2 &#3, but I hear ya - all that stuff you mentioned would be beneficial..

As of right now, I have every playlist available and I can fit them all in the box.. I just put multiple decks in poker card boxes and put those on top of the board (along with the 4 decks under the board), and it fits in the box without bulging.. I don't have the cards in individual sleeves yet though - I'm waiting for HMX and Ultra (I think) to release official products across the whole line.

Here are my main issues so far:

A) - there's gotta be a simpler packaging method.

2) the rules & strategies for competitive play need to be more out in the open.. A quick reference sheet with all game rules and individual card rules..

D) There should be TWICE as many vocals cards in each set..

Great points!

I am hesitant to store cards/card boxes on top of the board. I don't know what long term negative effect that might have. I'm going to look into padded soft cases like for firearms.

I totally agree with your issues. in PVP mode we added cards from other packs (vocals and wild cards) and it worked out great. it mistakenly put the wrong icon on the whos who screen but it registered all the cards.

Rock on!