Kickbox/Kickwire Ion DIY Bass Drum

uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
I’ve searched on here (and Reddit) and am trying to find a way to use a real kickpedal with my kit.

As we know, all kickboxes seem to be relics of the past. I had a piece made where I have my old red pad as my kick, but Ions don’t recognize it.

I have an old Ion kick and an RB1 kick. Can I use any pieces of these to get my kit recognizing the kick? I have no problems soldering.

I’m trying so hard to keep this kit going without dumping a small fortune on an ekit.

I want to make my own kickbox, but have 0 experience and can’t read the diagrams.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited January 15
    This way still works:
    http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2967&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=9c7a32fc226809b754555a95a9c6fd96

That's what I used before the Kickbox was ever created. I had one half of the sensor mounted to the arm of the kick pedal beater, and the other side of the sensor was glued to a Gibraltar practice kick pad. You can do that using your old red pad as well if you want, just use the red pad like a practice pad and glue the sensor there.
  • edited January 15
    I'm not familiar with the Ions but don't they have a 1/4" plugs? Would this work? than it's compatible with an e-kit later one too.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester

I'm not familiar with the Ions but don't they have a 1/4" plugs? Would this work? than it's compatible with an e-kit later one too.

No, the Ion kit requires an ON/OFF signal for the Kick, just like the RB kits. Hence the need for the KickBox/KickWire. A regular e-drum kick pad will not work without something to translate the signal.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    I ended up securing a module on ebay.

I called around and it’s very rare for the music stores in my area to carry just an edrum brain, especially used.

I also noticed an unusual spike in ebay activity. I feel like talking about things here can make it worse for you, since it can tip others off and create competition for things you’re looking for.

I also hate people who don’t understand how to intelligently bid on eBay. I watched two doofuses jacking up a price on an item days before it ends.

Glad you have tons of money to throw around, but you’re just so goddamn dumb.