February 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: "Seasons" of Love

WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
edited January 23 in Rock Band
A Valentine's themed pack is always possible this time of year, so whether it contains a Rewind or not (hint hint Two Princes ;), we'll see.

Since Super Beat Sports got 6 free songs a week ago, one of them may also sneak its' way onto this month's schedule as a free track as well, which wouldn't hurt.

Can YOU all feel the love tonight?

Bam, two love jokes in one!

2/1: Mixed Singles (New Wave/'80s Pop):

Was Not Was- Walk the Dinosaur (YES PLEASE) (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)
Duran Duran- Hungry Like the Wolf (RB2 Rewind)

2/8: Off The Charts 07 (2010s Stuff):
Bruno Mars- Finesse (the remix feat. Cardi B is more likely given the push it's getting now, but either version is fine IMO) (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)
Ed Sheeran- Castle on the Hill
The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk- I Feel It Coming

2/15: Pack a Trois 02:

Demi Lovato- Cool for the Summer (Yes, I think this fits with a "love" theme of sorts. It was either this or Work From Home and this song has more going on chart-wise IMO.)
Dolly Parton-Jolene (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)
Spin Doctors- Two Princes (LRB Rewind)

2/22: Mixed Singles:

Hanson- MmmBop (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)
Fifth Harmony- Work From Home feat. Ty Dolla Sign

Throw this in somewhere too...
Green Day 04 AKA Punk (a week between seasons so it made a bit more sense):
Bang Bang (new-ish song)
Nuclear Family (from GH:L)
Walking Contradiction (was supposed to be in GDRB, but was cut)

(personal choices would've been Castaway and Scattered, but deeper cuts don't really have a chance to stand out nowadays)

Comments

• The theme for the Season is genres, you should re-roll so you don't pick ones we've already covered.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Never even thought about how much I want Walk the Dinosaur in Rock Band until now, excellent suggestion
  • It's never too late to re-roll for internet memes
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited January 23
    I predict nothing great. This week was the only week Harmonix meant by "strong dlc early 2018".
  • Valentine's Day dlc seems like the right time for the Pop week.

Still hoping for a Rap/Hip-Hop week.

That would leave 2 more genres, one of which imo has to be Rock (or Indie Rock with a Rock backer).

And apparently there won't be any double up on genres, so that leaves Punk, Emo, New Wave (all 3 of which could be alternate VD dlc), Alternative (another strong candidate), Grunge, R&B/Soul/Funk, and Reggae/Ska (unlikely even though I'd love more).

And if Classic Rock has any backers it'll narrow down the list a lot more. Only real backers I see though are Rock and New Wave (maybe an outside shot at incuding Punk).
  • My predictions:

2/1 - My Chemical Romance 02 (challenge is Punk and Emo)
    The Ghost of You
    Dead! (spotlight pass)
    Na Na Na

2/8 - Pop/Dance/Electronic, Pop-Rock, New Wave, R&B/Soul/Funk, Hip-Hop/Rap, Reggae/Ska, Novelty and Other
    Sixpence None the Richer - "Kiss Me" (spotlight pass)
    Paramore - "Misery Business" (rewind)
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"

2/15 - Alternative and Grunge
    Pearl Jam - "Alive" (rewind)
    Bush - "Glycerine" (spotlight pass)
    Alice in Chains - "Nutshell"

2/22 - Rock and Indie Rock
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
    Mumford & Sons - "The Cave" (spotlight pass)
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    What a great month that would make. :)
  • Well, with Classic Rock/Rock being this week, the most likely genre for Valentine's Day I would think could be Pop or R&B, something in that vein of music. I would actually buy "No Scrubs" by TLC and from New Wave, it's about time for "Take My Breath Away". In Alternative week, it wouldn't surprise me to see the new STP single and a Soundgarden rewind; or since it's Bloodstone tier week upcoming, a new to RB track for devil tiered vocals. Of course, as a huge fan, I'd love to have another AiC song, but we've gotten a few already in a relatively short time period. Also in grunge, I want to again put my hat in for Candlebox.
  • Well, with Classic Rock/Rock being this week, the most likely genre for Valentine's Day I would think could be Pop or R&B, something in that vein of music. I would actually buy "No Scrubs" by TLC and from New Wave, it's about time for "Take My Breath Away". In Alternative week, it wouldn't surprise me to see the new STP single and a Soundgarden rewind; or since it's Bloodstone tier week upcoming, a new to RB track for devil tiered vocals. Of course, as a huge fan, I'd love to have another AiC song, but we've gotten a few already in a relatively short time period. Also in grunge, I want to again put my hat in for Candlebox.

I think this week is only Classic Rock.
  • Good point. Now that I consider it, I alone probably have Classic Rock DLC in the hundreds. I also want to amend my Soundgarden prediction to "Say Hello 2 Heaven" by Temple of the Dog.

Although I'd like a Candlebox pack, I know we won't get that. But Far Behind may be my #1 most wanted song.
  • I'm hoping Def Leppard's new digital deal will result in more licensing opportunity for Rock Band.

I'd like that. What's their new digital deal?
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

I'm hoping Def Leppard's new digital deal will result in more licensing opportunity for Rock Band.

If ever there is a full album we could use... which they will allegedly be playing in its entirety on tour this year...
    (and those songs we already have are live versions)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I Googled it! Interesting. I guessed it would have something to do with them recording forgeries of their own songs several years ago, but nope, it reads like they just held out for the right deal and now you can stream ALL of their music on several different sites.
  • edited January 23
    BaronRob said:

I'm hoping Def Leppard's new digital deal will result in more licensing opportunity for Rock Band.

If ever there is a full album we could use... which they will allegedly be playing in its entirety on tour this year...
    I'm not following. I haven't heard anything about them doing another album in its entirety on tour (they did Hysteria a few years ago).
  • We should expect a Valentines day pack but with classic rock being used this week I'm scared to see this years pack :(

Just because Harmonix haven't announced that there's another genre in the challenge doesn't mean there isn't. Remember that the week we got glam singles, we also got a metal, prog and nu-metal challenge; and the week we got a country pack we also got southern rock and blues. I can only really see classic rock mixing with rock, though.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    They could double dip and add Southern Rock to beef up the numbers but I doubt if they would add it again so close since it was just used last week.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I think the logic goes "They still need to have three more genre weeks after this one, which most likely means alternative, pop, and rock are each in distinct weeks because if any of them get grouped with another biggie we wind up with a really thin week at a time when people will need a wide selection to promote"
  • Vexus said:

Well, with Classic Rock/Rock being this week, the most likely genre for Valentine's Day I would think could be Pop or R&B, something in that vein of music. I would actually buy "No Scrubs" by TLC and from New Wave, it's about time for "Take My Breath Away". In Alternative week, it wouldn't surprise me to see the new STP single and a Soundgarden rewind; or since it's Bloodstone tier week upcoming, a new to RB track for devil tiered vocals. Of course, as a huge fan, I'd love to have another AiC song, but we've gotten a few already in a relatively short time period. Also in grunge, I want to again put my hat in for Candlebox.

Just because Harmonix haven't announced that there's another genre in the challenge doesn't mean there isn't. Remember that the week we got glam singles, we also got a metal, prog and nu-metal challenge; and the week we got a country pack we also got southern rock and blues. I can only really see classic rock mixing with rock, though.
    That's not my reasoning, looking at total quantity of songs for genres is my logic. If Classic Rock is being mixed with anything it won't be genres which also have a lot of songs, otherwise you'll be seeing at least 1 challenge with less than 100 songs eligible. Those types of challenges are rare, especially as a late season challenge.

We knew Glam was being paired with other genres because there's only 54 Glam songs in the library. Similarly we knew Country was being paired with other genres because there's only 88 Country songs in the library.

There's 315 Classic Rock songs in the library (including the 2 new DLC songs), that's enough for a challenge by itself.
  • Punk week
    Astro Zombies by Misfits
    California Sun by Ramones

Boy Band/Valentine's week
    I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys
    and some crappy NSync song I don't know by name 'cause the only one I can name is Bye Bye Bye which isn't so good for Valentine's.

Rap week
    It's Tricky by Run DMC
    Come With Me by Puff Daddy

Funk week
    Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off) by Parliment
    Brick House by Commodores
  • I was thinking, they could use "Where Is The Love" by the Black Eyed Peas on Valentine's Day. So we really could get a full pop week that week. I'd totally dig that song choice.
  • edited January 23

Punk week
    Astro Zombies by Misfits
    California Sun by Ramones

Boy Band/Valentine's week
    I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys
    and some crappy NSync song I don't know by name 'cause the only one I can name is Bye Bye Bye which isn't so good for Valentine's.

Rap week
    It's Tricky by Run DMC
    Come With Me by Puff Daddy

Funk week
    Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off) by Parliment
    Brick House by Commodores

If we get a rap week and Come With Me is one of the tunes, that'll be a crime for several reasons:

1. If we ever got a song with Zep credits on it, it better be one of their originals.

2. Let's not waste a precious rap song slot on this tune when there's so many others that would be much better :p

Like the other choices though. I'd add Let It Whip by the Dazz Band to Funk week and make it a Funkin' pack.
  • edited January 27
    2/1: Punk 03:
    -The Passenger - Iggy Pop (Rewind)
    - Josie - Blink 182
    - Anarchy In the UK - Sex Pistols (Spotlight)

2/8: Love Pop 90's
    - Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
    - Wannabe - Spice Girls (Spotlight)
    - You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette (Rewind)

2/15: Rock/Alt/Indie
    - Naive - The Kooks (Rewind)
    - Selling The Drama - Live (Spotlight)
    - I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys

2/22: Everything Else
    - It's Tricky - Run DMC (Spotlight)
    - Superman - Goldfinger
    - Rehab - Amy Winehouse (Rewind)

• HMXOwl said:

The theme for the Season is genres, you should re-roll so you don't pick ones we've already covered.

Man, this kills all my hopes for "To Love Somebody" by the Bee Gees as Valentine's week DLC.
  • KidSleez said:

If we get a rap week and Come With Me is one of the tunes, that'll be a crime for several reasons:

1. If we ever got a song with Zep credits on it, it better be one of their originals.

2. Let's not waste a precious rap song slot on this tune when there's so many others that would be much better :p

Like the other choices though. I'd add Let It Whip by the Dazz Band to Funk week and make it a Funkin' pack.

We already have one. Unless you meant how it's "Feat. Jimmy Page" type thing and not just re-using a riff.

Yeah, I tried to think of one but couldn't think of another non-Run DMC besides Fight for Your Right by Beastie Boys but it's well known they hate that song. Something by N.E.R.D. perhaps.

You know we're only getting 2 songs a week. :p
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

BaronRob said:

I'm not following. I haven't heard anything about them doing another album in its entirety on tour (they did Hysteria a few years ago).
    Pretty sure those Hysteria performances were just a Las Vegas residency. Either way, it is official they are doing it in Europe at the end of the year. No confirmation yet if we get it in the US on their summer tour.
  • HMX could take Rocksmith's idea from last year and release a Coldplay pack on the Thursday before Valentines Day. That would fit and also solve the "super strong DLC in early 2018" mystery from the November update blog post.