February 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: "Seasons" of Love

Comments

• SmashMan said:

and also solve the "super strong DLC in early 2018" mystery from the November update blog post.

There's a mystery? It was standard blog hype. They're never, for any time period, going to say "this upcoming DLC..it's just kind of alright, we guess"
    They didn't have to mention DLC at all though given the focus of the blog post.
  • BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

I'm hoping Def Leppard's new digital deal will result in more licensing opportunity for Rock Band.

If ever there is a full album we could use... which they will allegedly be playing in its entirety on tour this year...
    (and those songs we already have are live versions)
    I'm not following. I haven't heard anything about them doing another album in its entirety on tour (they did Hysteria a few years ago).
    Pretty sure those Hysteria performances were just a Las Vegas residency. Either way, it is official they are doing it in Europe at the end of the year. No confirmation yet if we get it in the US on their summer tour.
    Yeah, you're right. It was just Vegas. Them playing that whole album would keep me from going to the show, though. They play a good deal of that album already, and I wouldn't want to sit through stuff like Run Riot, Excitable and Don't Shoot Shotgun. I really, really want the song Hysteria in Rock Band, though. Really, really.
  • edited January 24

I really, really want the song Hysteria in Rock Band, though. Really, really.

I feel the exact same way, but for a different song - "Women." I'd die a happy man if we got that song.
  • coolkat said:

I feel the exact same way, but for a different song - "Women." I'd die a happy man if we got that song.
    I'd love that, too.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

SmashMan said:

and also solve the "super strong DLC in early 2018" mystery from the November update blog post.

There's a mystery? It was standard blog hype. They're never, for any time period, going to say "this upcoming DLC..it's just kind of alright, we guess"
    It was a note in one paragraph about things coming up in RB. In that context, it fit.

I'm going to say this once and then leave it because this isn't worth taking the topic off the prediction path, but you really, really, really have to slow down on connecting dots that aren't there, man. Harmonix is good about letting people know when they're actually hinting at things. Most of what they say, including times when they say something as generic as having a "super strong DLC schedule" (your post omitted the word 'schedule'), can just be taken at face value.

tl;dr ...not everything means something else
  • KidSleez said:

If we get a rap week and Come With Me is one of the tunes, that'll be a crime for several reasons:

1. If we ever got a song with Zep credits on it, it better be one of their originals.

2. Let's not waste a precious rap song slot on this tune when there's so many others that would be much better :p

Like the other choices though. I'd add Let It Whip by the Dazz Band to Funk week and make it a Funkin' pack.

We already have one. Unless you meant how it's "Feat. Jimmy Page" type thing and not just re-using a riff.

Yeah, I tried to think of one but couldn't think of another non-Run DMC besides Fight for Your Right by Beastie Boys but it's well known they hate that song. Something by N.E.R.D. perhaps.

You know we're only getting 2 songs a week. :p
    Yeah, I meant an original Led Zep tune and not a sample/interpolation/reworking/whatever ya wanna call it.

Bust A Move seems obvious (isn't that in Dropmix?). Rock Star by N.E.R.D. was in Band Hero, so that could be possible (I assume that means it has stems too? For those who care about that). And countless others I'm currently blanking on.

Hey, we do get the occasional pack here and there! Packs don't seem as far-fetched as they did let's say 6 months ago, at least.
  • I have no guesses and I'm usually (always) wrong anyway. Hoping for Two Princes rewind somewhere in this month though.
  • SmashMan said:

SmashMan said:

It was a note in one paragraph about things coming up in RB. In that context, it fit.

I'm going to say this once and then leave it because this isn't worth taking the topic off the prediction path, but you really, really, really have to slow down on connecting dots that aren't there, man. Harmonix is good about letting people know when they're actually hinting at things. Most of what they say, including times when they say something as generic as having a "super strong DLC schedule" (your post omitted the word 'schedule'), can just be taken at face value.

tl;dr ...not everything means something else
    It's Grumble. Just let it happen.
  • coolkat said:

I'd love that, too.
    If Rocksmith ends up with more Def Leppard then that's certainly promising for RB. The 3 songs Rocksmith already has are the 3 songs that got re-recorded in 2012-2013 (Pour Some Sugar on Me, Rock of Ages, Hysteria) so getting other classics would suggest things have changed.

As we've seen before, Rocksmith can act as a rather good prediction tool for RB (the reverse is also true).
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

coolkat said:

I'd love that, too.
    If Rocksmith ends up with more Def Leppard then that's certainly promising for RB. The 3 songs Rocksmith already has are the 3 songs that got re-recorded in 2012-2013 (Pour Some Sugar on Me, Rock of Ages, Hysteria) so getting other classics would suggest things have changed.

As we've seen before, Rocksmith can act as a rather good prediction tool for RB (the reverse is also true).
    I'm not even sure if that's technically true. There were only about 7ish songs in 2017 that came out for both Rocksmith and Rock Band in the same year. That would be at most 4% overlap for the year. Other times they both include non-surprising songs that are huge hits for the artists they're representing.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

I'm hoping Def Leppard's new digital deal will result in more licensing opportunity for Rock Band.

If ever there is a full album we could use... which they will allegedly be playing in its entirety on tour this year...
    I'm not following. I haven't heard anything about them doing another album in its entirety on tour (they did Hysteria a few years ago).
    Pretty sure those Hysteria performances were just a Las Vegas residency. Either way, it is official they are doing it in Europe at the end of the year. No confirmation yet if we get it in the US on their summer tour.
    Yeah, you're right. It was just Vegas. Them playing that whole album would keep me from going to the show, though. They play a good deal of that album already, and I wouldn't want to sit through stuff like Run Riot, Excitable and Don't Shoot Shotgun. I really, really want the song Hysteria in Rock Band, though. Really, really.
    Excitable is a dud, but Run Riot is awesome. It should have been an 8th single.

I personally would love a full album (live or in RB) for Euphoria, which always felt like the true follow up to Hysteria to me, about halfway between Hysteria and Adrenalize in sound. Paper Sun is one of the best songs they ever made and I was a very happy guy a few years ago when they played it in Sweden.
  • edited January 24
    BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

I personally would love a full album (live or in RB) for Euphoria, which always felt like the true follow up to Hysteria to me, about halfway between Hysteria and Adrenalize in sound. Paper Sun is one of the best songs they ever made and I was a very happy guy a few years ago when they played it in Sweden.
    I like Euphoria a lot and couldn't agree more about Paper Sun. Day After Day is completely awesome, too.

Oh, and no album should have eight singles.
  • KidSleez said:

I was just thinking.. I think Harmonix should fill my request for "Listen To Your Heart" by Roxette for Valentines Day ;)

Yes! Or It Must Have Been Love.

Actually, there's a few more Roxette tunes I'd like too: Dangerous, Joyride, etc.
    Agreed!
    Love It Must Have Been Love, Joyride, and Sleeping In My car would be cool too (but that one seems unlikely :()
  • HMX could take Rocksmith's idea from last year and release a Coldplay pack on the Thursday before Valentines Day. That would fit and also solve the "super strong DLC in early 2018" mystery from the November update blog post.

Is a matter of tastes, but wouldn't you consider the lately released tracks as strong pieces of DLC? I doubt there's anything bigger behind the curtain.
  • HMX could take Rocksmith's idea from last year and release a Coldplay pack on the Thursday before Valentines Day. That would fit and also solve the "super strong DLC in early 2018" mystery from the November update blog post.

Is a matter of tastes, but wouldn't you consider the lately released tracks as strong pieces of DLC? I doubt there's anything bigger behind the curtain.
    Yes I would, it has been a fantastic month of DLC. That said, I am disappointed the quantity of RBVR being released per month has decreased significantly this month.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    The two Skid Row songs are among the finest pieces of DLC put out for Rock Band

Yes I would, it has been a fantastic month of DLC. That said, I am disappointed the quantity of RBVR being released per month has decreased significantly this month.
    I hope we eventually get Audiodamn! Didn't know them before hearing about Lights Out in RBVR, but not only is it a good tune, it's a fantastic band name!
  • I'm hoping to see a New Wave song, preferably a song by The B-52's, appear as DLC during this season and not just New Wave songs thrown in during a week in which we don't get a New Wave song.

"Summer of Love" for Valentine's Day week? Preferably this version and not the version released on Bouncing Off the Satellites:

• BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

BaronRob said:

I like Euphoria a lot and couldn't agree more about Paper Sun. Day After Day is completely awesome, too.

Oh, and no album should have eight singles.
    I like every single track on Euphoria, prob go with 21st Century... and Demoliton Man after Paper Sun.

Hysteria had 7, so one more makes 8. Do singles even have albums anymore?
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    Witticus said:

coolkat said:

I'd love that, too.

I'm not even sure if that's technically true. There were only about 7ish songs in 2017 that came out for both Rocksmith and Rock Band in the same year. That would be at most 4% overlap for the year. Other times they both include non-surprising songs that are huge hits for the artists they're representing.
    A song being in one game or the other at least shows the band/label is open to licensing for video games. Beyond that, I don't think either game acts as a predictor for the other.
  • I was just thinking.. I think Harmonix should fill my request for "Listen To Your Heart" by Roxette for Valentines Day ;)

It'd cross off another currently disc only artist. It's been a while since we've had one of those iirc.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 25
    KidSleez said:

HMX could take Rocksmith's idea from last year and release a Coldplay pack on the Thursday before Valentines Day. That would fit and also solve the "super strong DLC in early 2018" mystery from the November update blog post.

I hope we eventually get Audiodamn! Didn't know them before hearing about Lights Out in RBVR, but not only is it a good tune, it's a fantastic band name!
    I'm still hoping for Church Bells the most, of course last week's country pack confirms that won't be happening this season though. My biggest hope is the reason it has taken so long is us ending up with a Carrie Underwood pack (there's more than enough hits left to fill multiple packs).
  • edited January 29
    I've waited until what the Challenge was going to be, but now I'm going to make my predictions for February.

2/1: (Pop-Rock, Pop/Dance/Electronic, New Wave)
    - Against The Current - Running With The Wild Things (Rock Band VR Song)
    - Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling (Spotlight Pass Song)

2/8: Valentines Pack (R&B/Soul/Funk, Hiphop/Rap, Raggae/Ska)
    - Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
    - Maroon 5 - Maps (Rock Band VR Song)
    - Seal - Kiss From a Rose (Spotlight Pass Song)

2/15: (Alternative, Grunge, Punk, Emo)
    - My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - Pearl Jam - Alive (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - Twin Atlantic - I Am Alive (Rock Band VR Song)

2/22 (Rock, Indie Rock, Novelty, Other)
    - Royal Blood - Little Monster (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

I was just thinking.. I think Harmonix should fill my request for "Listen To Your Heart" by Roxette for Valentines Day ;)

It'd cross off another currently disc only artist. It's been a while since we've had one of those iirc.
    Last one of these was... Mumford and Sons, last March? And before that, Cake, February?

Yeah, it has been a while.

(Aside from artists going from disc-only to dlc via rewind, of course. Don't think "band with only one song, a disc song, becomes a rewind" is what we're looking for here)
  • I was thinking what if Hmx throws a big swerve and one of the featured genres was Novelty:

Weird Al 12 pack.

Dr Demento just put out a 2 disc set called covered in punk a week or 2 ago. It's a mix of novelty songs covered by punk bands, and novelty bands covering punk songs. I was listening to it and thought a lot of it would be great in rock band.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 25
    Another interesting swerve would be if they ended up choosing obvious featured genres but the DLC picked for those genres were RBN artists. Sure RBVR suggests that 2 may happen already (Band of Horses in an Indie Rock week and Twin Atlantic in an Alternative week) but outside those 2 I was thinking DLC like Jonathan Coulton in a Pop-Rock week for example.
This discussion has been closed.