Comments

• RIP RBN songs. It was a good run. Hopefully some of the more popular ones eventually make their way over as RB4 DLC. I think I bought about 20 songs from RBN and would love to have them on RB4.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Any approximate time they'll be pulled, other than "later this month"? As I mentioned on Twitter, I want to make sure I have enough time to buy all the songs I want before it's too late!
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    Wow, just popped on, and this? I can't say it's surprising though. I'm guessing this also pretty well shuts the door on RBN songs ever being ported to RB4.

I bought every RBN song that was released for the PS3. I was always disappointed that a handful of songs I really wanted, never made the jump to PS3. I could download a few for my 360 before it shuts down, but I don't think I will. It's too bad that so much great music, will no longer be available all at once.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited February 2
    I never bought any RBN songs. I only play RB4 on ps4 although I have the older discs for ps3 but my ps3 guitar isn't working very well.

I am wondering if it would be worth it to buy a few of my favorites before they are delisted or would be a waste since it is old gen and get no real play? Leaning toward the latter.

EDIT - That April 2016 announcement is painful. Removal of some killer Styx and Fleetwood Mac songs. Why wasn't I into Rock Band then!
  • Any approximate time they'll be pulled, other than "later this month"? As I mentioned on Twitter, I want to make sure I have enough time to buy all the songs I want before it's too late!

The information given is exactly what we could. Buy early, buy often.
  • edited February 2
    Dammit, @HMXOwl, why did you had to tell us that announcement that RBN songs are going to be delisted? :'( #RIPRBN )

I hope you bring the following RBN Songs to RB4 as Official Rock Band DLC, soon... (The songs that were in Guitar Hero games)
    - Bodies (Drowning Pool)
    - Even Rats (The Slip)
    - Gemini (Brian Kahanek)
    - Hard to See (Five Finger Death Punch)
    - I Am What I Am (Band of Skulls)
    - Paralyzer (Finger Eleven)
    - Remedy (Seether)
    - Semi Charmed Life (Third Eye Blind)
    - Seven (Sunny Day Real Estate)
    (There's probably others from this list that I might've missed, but I think this is all of them)

Looks like I'll be canceling my Playstation Plus account yet again... :'(
  • It's a shame but not really a surprise. When RBN entitlements were confirmed not to transfer to RB4, I figured delistings wouldn't be far off.

I'll recheck through the catalog to see if there's anything I want even though I don't really use my Xbox 360 anymore.
  • Doesn't really affect me since I bought pretty much all of them on PS3. Harmonix was making bank from me back in the day LOL
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    Well... I'll see if I still have to buy something there.
  • A shame, but not entirely unexpected. Some great songs in there.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    RIP RBN at one point on ps3 i had more rbn tracks than hmx dlc so it shows that i liked quite a lot of songs released on there, very sad that i'll never get to play them on my ps4, i just hope that some of the most known bands on there eventually get official dlc releases
  • I'm impressed RBN has lasted as long as it has. Thank you for introducing me and my brother to one of our favorite bands Periphery and Demon Hunter. I hope to one day see some of these songs return to the platform for sale.
  • RIP RBN... There were a lot of great stuff released from it, and there are still songs I don't own that I would want. But my 360 has not been plugged in for months, and I only have $2 to my name, so I don't think I am gonna pick up anything more

I do hope some of these songs get ported over to RB4 some day
  • Oh man, I have nothing from RBN as it was never available on my xbox region.

What can I do? If I change region to USA for 6 months I can't just get a MS gift card to buy them, right? They would only work on my original region from what I understand.

Any of you guys that has downloaded from an unsupported region, how did you do it?
  • I do hope at some point more songs cross over to RB4, but this is really saddening.
  • I have lots and gonna buy many more but was curious, is there any songs that are on RBN that were used as any RB3 or Blitz menu songs? Thanks!!
  • I have lots and gonna buy many more but was curious, is there any songs that are on RBN that were used as any RB3 or Blitz menu songs? Thanks!!

Everything I Hate About Myself by Death of the Cool
  • From Reddit:

pksage, Harmonix Network Programmer:
    The post says this, but to avoid any possible confusion, this will only affect RB2 and RB3."

So RBN 1.0 is saved?
  • Wildcat15 said:

From Reddit:

The post says this, but to avoid any possible confusion, this will only affect RB2 and RB3."

So RBN 1.0 is saved?

No Rock Band Network song has ever been playable in Rock Band 1. RBN 1.0 =/= RB1
  • HMXOwl said:

Wildcat15 said:

From Reddit:

So RBN 1.0 is saved?

No Rock Band Network song has ever been playable in Rock Band 1. RBN 1.0 =/= RB1
    Got it. So I guess I can't get RB1 and then stack myself in songs, it has to be RB2 or RB3.
  • All RBN songs are coming down, period. No exceptions. No loopholes.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Welp, this sucks, but it's not exactly shocking. Part of me wants to go through the store and double check there aren't any songs I NEED to have, but since it's been confirmed RBN licenses are never transferring to RB4 it's kinda pointless (my Xbox 360 bricked last year, so I can't play them in RB3 without getting it fixed first).
    Wildcat15 said:

From Reddit:

So RBN 1.0 is saved?

RBN 1.0 was the RB2 era RBN. RBN 2.0 was the RB3 era songs that included harmonies, pro drums, and keys.
    Wildcat15 said:

I have lots and gonna buy many more but was curious, is there any songs that are on RBN that were used as any RB3 or Blitz menu songs? Thanks!!

Everything I Hate About Myself by Death of the Cool
    Everything I Hate About Myself was a good song, I bought that one.

According to some old GameFAQs post I dug up, two of the menu songs are "Trash Candy" by Tijuana Sweetheart and "Signs" by Giant Target, which were both in RBN (and are in that 30 pack in RB4). Apparently another one was "Flytrap" by Spirit Kid (not in RBN, I just thought it was interesting).
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    I'm pretty sure "More" by Down June was also a RB3 menu song.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    DragoonXD said:

It was and I remember it being slated for RBN, but I don't remember it ever being sold? Was it?
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Hoping we get the Band of Horses songs as a pack for RB4 with Casual Party
    hiimSMAP said:

Hoping we get the Band of Horses songs as a pack for RB4 with Casual Party

When that recent survey talked about re-releasing RBN songs as DLC, those were some of the first ones I thought of (mainly because we're possibly getting Casual Party at some point).
  • LoopyChew said:

DragoonXD said:

It was and I remember it being slated for RBN, but I don't remember it ever being sold? Was it?
    Indeed it was. It's not bad.
    Yeah the song sounded like it could be a song I added to my IPOD and then when we got the full song I wasn't a fan of the entire thing (for outside game listening) :(