RBN Delist Discussion

Comments

• SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    Well, I bought about 150 RBN songs. Still have 'em in RB3 of course, but it is a bummer that everything is coming down. Always good to have options, but I doubt they're getting much attention in the store anymore. I guess I can hope my 360 keeps running so I can still play those songs when I want (I should probably make a backup just in case).

My only glimmer of hope is that (if I'm remembering correctly) a recent survey asked about RBN songs and repurchasing them, which I'd be down for if it was the only way to port those songs forward.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    SCFox said:

I guess I can hope my 360 keeps running so I can still play those songs when I want (I should probably make a backup just in case).

All that's coming down is the right to buy these songs. The right to redownload things you've bought isn't going away (just like it hasn't for delisted HMX content). If your 360 were to die, you'd be able to buy another 360 and download them again. You wouldn't be reliant on having a backup to get your songs again.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I hope the Alestorm songs can make the transition to Real RB4 DLC. They are good, and Shipwrecked is a house favorite.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    Wanted to fully complete my non-pitched songs collection, but I'm missing way too many RBN tracks. I went with all 1- or 2-instrument songs instead, only missing 2. One of which being the worst song on RBN...

I'll also pick up the 8 Megamix songs I still need.
  • I hope the Alestorm songs can make the transition to Real RB4 DLC. They are good, and Shipwrecked is a house favorite.

I'd love an Alestorm pack:
    - Shipwrecked
    - Keelhauled
    - Back Through Time

Those would be my choices. I'm sure others have their choices.
  • @HMXOwl Is it possible to set up a request page for RBN tracks to be ported to Rock Band? That way it doesn't get mixed in with all the regular DLC requests.

Do you think its a time consuming process to port these tracks to RB4? Compared to say, making a new DLC track?
  • rockband.com/request for any song request.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    hiimSMAP said:

Hoping we get the Band of Horses songs as a pack for RB4 with Casual Party

Completely agree. Some of my most-wanted RBN songs, along with the Shins stuff. RBN got some really great tracks.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited February 3
    Sub Pop had some great stuff with those two artists in RBN. Also Iron & Wine, And of course....SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE

Fleet Foxes were at one point announced (and given how big Father John Misty has gotten in recent years, maybe that could be neat for official DLC).
  • SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE

I NEED THEM BACK!

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 3
    Looking for RBN songs sure is a reminder of just how much better the RB4 ingame store is compared to the RB3 ingame store.

EDIT: Looked through the remaining songs I don't have and found only 1 song I wanted (Do You).
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Realistically, what would be the most likely to carry over if they did start rereleasing some as DLC? Probably the rest of the Third Eye Blind songs + "Paralyzer" by Finger Eleven and "Bodies" by Drowning Pool. I bet we'd see a lot of those bigger names, I would personally hope for Flight of the Conchords to come back too.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Looking for RBN songs sure is a reminder of just how much better the RB4 ingame store is compared to the RB3 ingame store.

eh, the only thing I hated about the RB3 store was having to select Preview Song rather than the song clip just playing automatically. Outside of that, I'd much rather have Artist headings and albums sorted together, rather than just one big, never ending list in Alphabetical order.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    That was dumb of me. I decided to boot up my PS3, and loaded RB3 and listened to the preview clip of all the RBN songs I have (193 which is about 1/4 of what was released to the PS platform if I remember correctly...). Which was sad, because there are a ton of songs I’ve forgotten about that I loved to play.

I thought about scrolling through the store to see what I may have skipped over the years, just because of the sheer volume of songs available (even skipping metal, and novelty and video game sounding synthesized songs) but a) that’s hard to do in the RB3 store (as mentioned above due to the lack of an easy preview clip) and b) I’d probably just disappoint myself further for not having gotten then back when RB3 was still a thing.

In any event, add my voice to the chorus of those asking HMX to try and rerelease whatever they can (I’d happily pay the $2 again for nearly every song I bought previously if that’s what it takes)... and likely would do the same for a great many of the songs I skipped the first time.

As far as which songs I think would have the best chance at rerelease? It’d be whatever HMX could relicense from the best sellers of the songs that made it to the PS3 in the first place (as weren’t they already the best sellers on Xbox)?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 3
    tdc002 said:

eh, the only thing I hated about the RB3 store was having to select Preview Song rather than the song clip just playing automatically. Outside of that, I'd much rather have Artist headings and albums sorted together, rather than just one big, never ending list in Alphabetical order.
    You also had to exit the game completely to the dashboard for songs bought from the store to actually download (maybe that wasn't the case for PS3, but it's like that for 360). It's why for non-RBN DLC I eventually only bought from the console store rather than the ingame store.

You don't have that problem with the RB4 ingame store though I still buy from the console store for XB1 anyway because it is purchasable there 12+ hours earlier than the ingame store.

• It's a shame to see the RBN go. I just watched a video of a full-band FC of Rishloo's "Keyhole in the Sky," and dang, what a fitting song for the occasion. This is undoubtedly the biggest delist in the entire history of Rock Band, to see this entire platform go and join the ranks of the Styx DLC and "Don't Stop Believin'."

That said, I do think that the RBN isn't totally dead - RBN Rewinds could become a very real possibility in the future. I would love to see Drowning Pool, Finger Eleven, Timeless Miracle, Flight of the Conchords, Stan Bush, Rishloo, Amberian Dawn, Andromeda, and many others make their way onto Rock Band 4.

There's also the significantly unlikelier possibility of a RBN 3.0, which if there's interest, we could see songs get re-released that way, but it's not gonna be reality (it's just gonna be a fantasy) unless Harmonix either chooses to go after an EA-style partnership or somehow (and unrealistically) gets the money and manpower to finance such an endeavor.

If we just get Tyler Green's "Regeneration" back though, I'm going to scream.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    coolkat said:

Since I authored that one, I doubt that'll happen. Not because I wouldn't want it, but because HMX never ported anything I authored solo onto PS3, so I doubt they'd do so to this generation of consoles :( (Though if you want, HMX, I'm down for it ;) )
  • coolkat said:

Since I authored that one, I doubt that'll happen. Not because I wouldn't want it, but because HMX never ported anything I authored solo onto PS3, so I doubt they'd do so to this generation of consoles :( (Though if you want, HMX, I'm down for it ;) )
    The more you know~

I'd be down for the song too, but mostly for the novelty of playing it. Same goes for... well, a lot of RBN, come to think of it.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE

I NEED THEM BACK!

Definitely my most wanted RBN artist to return... please Harmonix, don’t forget about these legends
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Hey, where'd the Rock Band Network subforum go?
  • This is a big blow for sure. Waking up with a flu and this news certainly doesn't make it a great week.

It makes sense I suppose. Harmonix is a company that needs to make money. Also, I suppose RBN isn't really bringing in much these days. However, I do wish you guys would have given us the notice a bit more in advance. If we had six months, I would've probably bought every song on there. I got back into RB last year on a new platform so I still had a lot of catching up to do.

I will be spending a few pounds on songs but it would be nice to hear what people here think are the best ones to get. It's all subjective of course but some charts are better than others. Some tunes that I've thoroughly enjoyed (that I don't hear people talking too much about): Aesthetic Perfection, Anarchy Club, Ayreon, Circus Circus, Death of the Cool, Devin Townsend, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Down June, Drugstore Fanatics, An Endless Sporadic, God Forbid, The Haunted, Imperative Reaction, The Minotaur Project, Reverend Horton Heat, RIBS, Septicflesh. Mostly play on drums.

Regarding the store, I completely prefer the RB3 store. It's fun to navigate and shop around. RB4 feels bare bones and sometimes doesn't even find songs that are on there so I just buy them with the browser on the PC.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

To be fair, if this thread was in the RBN forum, people wouldn't have seen it.
  • tdc002 said:

To be fair, if this thread was in the RBN forum, people wouldn't have seen it.
    That's not what this is about, rather that the RBN forum is gone completely. It's not even merged like with the Rivals forum, just deleted or hidden.
    The RBN, Blitz, Beatles and Lego forums all seem to be gone
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited February 4
    hiimSMAP said:

The RBN, Blitz, Beatles and Lego forums all seem to be gone

Guess they're "cleaning up" the forums by getting rid of things they feel are by their view, "outdated" or I suppose a better word would be forums that have been relativey quiet for a long time.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I kinda wish they'd have saved the old threads, though, especially so that people who try to boot up those games now and have a question about it can easily find the answers via Google search result or whatever.
    RBN and Beatles really should’ve stayed at least imo
  • I kinda wish they'd have saved the old threads, though, especially so that people who try to boot up those games now and have a question about it can easily find the answers via Google search result or whatever.

For sure, since all that they'd see is 404 Errors if any Google searches lead to the old forums
  • Well, time to head to the request page to ask for all of my JoCo songs back.

If we get them all, it would be a 14 song pack, and I would buy it hour one.