RBN Delist Discussion

Comments

• edited February 9
    Wildcat15 said:

jkald said:

On the UK store, quite a few RBN songs show up as Currently Unavailable. Does this mean that they have been started to be taken down already here? For example, Stan Bush's The Touch is under this status while Til All Are One is still available for purchase.

Probably as we were just given the window "February" so it could be taken down at any point this month. Sony Europe generally removes delisted content earlier than the other platforms so this should be a final warning to everyone.
    Are they still working on the US store though?
    They still might be, I checked some of them on the web store and they were there. I remember some songs never being available in Europe even on the 360 back in the day, when RB3 was new, showing up as Currently Unavailable. I think one of the VVVVVV soundtrack songs was like that for example.
  • Well $140/87 songs later I think I'm good on RBN songs. I had already gotten most of what I wanted anyway, this was just to get any I might regret not getting once it gets delisted.
  • I'd just like to remind people that Atomic by Blondie can be purchased on the Xbox store even though it doesn't appear in the in-game music store.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I just went and bought $50 more worth of RBN songs, after last week grabbing over $150 worth, and I ain't even gotten everything I want. I'm glad I have the opportunity now to buy these songs, just kinda wish I didn't have to rush to do so :'(
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited February 10
    Only ones I'd have left to buy are most of the x2 bass versions (have the standard versions of those though). Since they don't carry forward and I'm not that good at drums anyway I think I'll just let them fade away.

Still hoping they relicense and sell some of the top selling ones at some point. I really want the other 3EB tracks, Seether, Going Under, Bodies, etc. And then the JoCo tracks and Goth Girls. I really love Goth Girls.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    Hopefully final RBN purchases: Grabbed a couple Cynic tracks and songs from the remaining genres.

Cynic - "The Space for This"
    Cynic - "Evolutionary Sleeper"
    Shylo Elliott - "Cool Concoction" [Fusion]
    Leche de Tigre - "Desconocido" [Latin]
    Denbigh Cherry - "He Is Good" [Inspirational]

Only missing World, which never had a release.
  • edited February 11
    I wonder if the songs are now unavailable :'( Grabbed a bunch yesterday (MS/XB webstore) and today I'm unable to purchase. Tried many different songs. Current RB4 purchases appear to be working fine.

Can anybody try to see if they can still make RBN purchases?
    KidSleez said:

I wonder if the songs are now unavailable :'( Grabbed a bunch yesterday (MS/XB webstore) and today I'm unable to purchase. Tried many different songs. Current RB4 purchases appear to be working fine.

I had trouble using the Xbox site, but using the Rock Band Music Store App (IDK if that's still available, but I have it) I was able to purchase "Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool just now.
  • KidSleez said:

I had trouble using the Xbox site, but using the Rock Band Music Store App (IDK if that's still available, but I have it) I was able to purchase "Everything I Hate About Myself" by Death of the Cool just now.
    Is that an Apple or Android app? Tried looking in Google Play store and couldn't find it.
  • KidSleez said:

KidSleez said:

Is that an Apple or Android app? Tried looking in Google Play store and couldn't find it.
    It's a free Xbox 360 "game" and it's still available.
  • edited February 11

KidSleez said:

KidSleez said:

It's a free Xbox 360 "game" and it's still available.
    Do you have a link to it by any chance?

EDIT: I think I found it, but it doesn't appear to be letting me download that either.
  • Hopefully just a temporary problem with the MS/XB store. Tried downloading official RB3 era DLC to 360 and that won't work either.
  • Hopefully final RBN purchases: Grabbed a couple Cynic tracks and songs from the remaining genres.

Cynic - "The Space for This"
    Cynic - "Evolutionary Sleeper"
    Shylo Elliott - "Cool Concoction" [Fusion]
    Leche de Tigre - "Desconocido" [Latin]
    Denbigh Cherry - "He Is Good" [Inspirational]

Only missing World, which never had a release.

Amazing stuff there! Only realized they had Cynic available a few days ago and immediately grabbed it. I've bought about 150 songs within the last week but I'm sure to miss some fantastic stuff anyways.
  • KidSleez said:

Hopefully just a temporary problem with the MS/XB store. Tried downloading official RB3 era DLC to 360 and that won't work either.

The Xbox store has been having problems all month, you couldn't even download Split Second with Gold until a few days after the supposed date.
  • Wildcat15 said:

KidSleez said:

Hopefully just a temporary problem with the MS/XB store. Tried downloading official RB3 era DLC to 360 and that won't work either.

The Xbox store has been having problems all month, you couldn't even download Split Second with Gold until a few days after the supposed date.
    I was borked again last night. May still be but I haven't checked yet this morning.
  • Wildcat15 said:

KidSleez said:

I was borked again last night. May still be but I haven't checked yet this morning.
    Still broken:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
    Good news is that the in-game store seems to work still, so if you want to get RBN songs I'd recommend either the standalone app if you have it, or using the in-game store.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I decided to pass on buying any last gen RBN songs. Only buying current gen which will hopefully go to next gen (ps5/Xbox-whatever) with RB5. Far from a given but we can certainly hope.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 11
    djb5f1 said:

I decided to pass on buying any last gen RBN songs. Only buying current gen which will hopefully go to next gen (ps5/Xbox-whatever) with RB5. Far from a given but we can certainly hope.

Hopefully the next gen consoles have full backwards compatibility without problems then even RB5 doesn't have to exist.
  • djb5f1 said:

Hopefully the next gen consoles have full backwards compatibility without problems then even RB5 doesn't have to exist.
    Considering next gen is already there in disguise (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X), you're absolutely right.
  • edited February 11
    djb5f1 said:

This. In addition, I don't currently own any controllers that are XB360 compatible.
  • Wildcat15 said:

KidSleez said:

Huh, weird (and terrible on the part of MS/XB). I purchased a bunch of stuff on Friday with no real problems (had to click twice on buttons a few times, but otherwise transactions went through).

I'll try the in-game store later.
  • Groudon199Groudon199 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
    Something I just realized...

360 RBN songs that either never made it to the music store or were pulled afterward don't have leaderboards in Blitz. I'm worried when all the songs are delisted, scores on them will no longer post to the leaderboards. I've already played the ones I purchased (though many of the leaderboards were reset at some point), but I like replaying them and possibly beating my best scores.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    You forgot "The Touch", but I'm sure nearly everyone here already has that.
  • Are Dir En Grey and Espirit D'Air the only japanese bands on RBN?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Went through the 810 or so RBN songs available on the PS3... a bulk of them have already been removed and appear as Currently Unavailable in RB3's in-game store, and also disappeared from the PSN Store and Webstore.

So many great songs. I ended up buying another 12, so it takes my total to 463 RBN Songs in RB3. I just wish some of them made it onto the PS4.

It's too bad we don't have an RBN 3.0 on the newer consoles.If only the PC FIG Campaign worked, maybe, just maybe it could've been possible. :cry:
  • DragoonXD said:

You forgot "The Touch", but I'm sure nearly everyone here already has that.

Yeah, I updated the list.
  • DiogobcDiogobc Unsigned
    edited February 14
    In PS3 europe most of the songs are "currently unavailable"... It's still 14th! I lost my chance to buy some last RBN tracks? :( Or is there anyway to buy them outside the game's store?

I can't find any RBN track in psn search... :(
  • I could still download at American PS3 yesterday, if someone still wants to get something.