where does one even buy Rivals nowadays?

The Rock Band RIvals (for PS4) game disc seems completely unavailable in Canada. Even the used places don't have it.

Is it still being manufactured?

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    neilmobl said:

The Rock Band RIvals (for PS4) game disc seems completely unavailable in Canada. Even the used places don't have it.

Is it still being manufactured?

You could buy it digitally.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    When there was a sale on amazon.com I ordered a bundle there but forgot about duty fees, got what i deserved... But i couldn't find it anywhere in store either, the availability of this game outside the US seems to be a problem but let's not forget rivals is over a year old and rb4 is over 2 years old, if you don't need the physical disc buy it on psn, I like it better not needing a disc to play and to swap to play something else
  • If you're looking for instruments, that's a very difficult situation at the moment. If you are fine on the instruments front then just buy Rivals digitally. If you already have Rock Band 4 you only need the Rivals Expansion.
  • I did see it in the Playstation Store, but wasn't sure how that works without the disc. If you can buy it online and not need a disc, why does anyone buy a disc? Does it tie the entitlement to your specific system?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 7
    People buy the physical version for 2 reasons:
    1. Instruments (if either you don't have instruments or you want backups, physical Rivals bundles are the way to go)
    2. Prefer physical copies of games (some people just prefer to have physical copies of games in general)

So, in short:
    - Want instruments -> Buy a physical Rivals bundle (difficult now)
    - Already have Rock Band 4 and don't want extra instruments -> Buy the digital Rivals expansion
    - Don't have Rock Band 4 but have wireless last gen instruments and don't want new instruments -> Buy the digital Rivals bundle (contains Rock Band 4 and Rivals)

All the physical version of Rivals contains apart from the instruments is:
    - Rock Band 4 disc
    - Download code for Rivals expansion
  • Great! Thanks for the explanation :-)
  • My old Guitar Hero drum set from the 360 that I was using for Rivals on the Xbox One just broke. Now, I cannot find ANY drum set or instrument that isn't ridiculously priced ($300+)! Does anyone have any ideas on where to find any? Even third party are nearly impossible to find. Why did they stop selling instruments???
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 4
    Because stores and warehouses don’t like devoting large amounts of space to products that aren selling particularly well in hope that maybe two and a half years down the line someone might show an interest in a unit here or there. Because both companies that were contracted to make hardware for rb4 took a bath on it and have since disassociated themselves from the product. It costs a lot of money to fire up a new production batch, so they manufactured as many as they saw fit when the game was new and the audience was most likely to buy, and over time the units on the market were eventually moved (even at cut rate to free up retail or warehouse space) without being replaced.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I imagine unsold bundles are sitting somewhere next to the Ark of the Covenant.
    Both are known to cause face-melting.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Maybe it'll be like the "Rock Band" branded gallon jugs of fog juice, and one day 5 years from now they'll show up in a random temporary halloween store.
  • Well, a bunch of my friends came over, we played and they want to get it themselves. In the process, though, my 10+ year-old Xbox 360 drums broke. Trying to get them replaced is a pain and I sure wouldn’t mind another guitar, either. A bundle would be great but unfortunately paying $500 for one is unrealistic. It’s too bad they won’t be releasing any more instruments. Maybe if I find that Ark, i’ll Make sure you all get a copy. I get to hold on to the Holy Grail, though, if it is there too...
  • ThumprrThumprr Unsigned
    There are lots of 360 drums available, often for not very much, on my local craigslist (Washington DC). If you have the setup to make them work with a current console, I'd look to replace the 360 drums with more 360 drums.
    ...keep in mind you're looking for *wireless* 360 drums, not wired...