March 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: This Season's In Like a Lion(s), Out like a Lamb (of God)

WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
edited February 20 in Rock Band
Because this Thursday (Feb. 22nd) will be the final week of DLC for the month, we're about ready for the end of (what I call) "The
Bers and the Ys" (September-February).

Week 1- 03/01 (Break between Seasons 4 & 5):
Singles:
Def Leppard- Foolin' (Rewind-RB3)
Pop Evil- Waking Lions (Currently at #3 on the Rock charts right now, and fits with the Lion/Lamb motif for March. You'll see with my last picks for the month how it ties in. Also part of the Spotlight Pass Plus, because you know they'll continue that.)

Week 2- 03/08 (Break between Seasons 4 & 5):
Hip-Hop Honors 01:
A Tribe Called Quest- Scenario (DropMix, Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)
Outkast- Ms. Jackson (DropMix)
Run-DMC- It's Tricky (DropMix)

Week 3- 03/15 (Start of Season 5):
Hiberni Unanimes pro Rock Band (St. Patrick's Day Pack, with Irish artists or related songs):
Ash- Burn Baby Burn
Dropkick Murphys- The State of Massachusetts (GH2 DLC)
U2- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)

Week 4- 03/22:
Singles:
Hoobastank- The Reason (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus)
Vampire Weekend- A-Punk (Rewind-LRB)

Week 5- 03/29:
Singles:
Duck Sauce- Barbara Streisand (DropMix)
Lamb of God- Ghost Walking (Part of the Spotlight Pass Plus. See what I did there? ;) )

Comments

• Isn't there usually a 2 week break between seasons?
  • TheMurals said:

Isn't there usually a 2 week break between seasons?

Updated. Still think the Spotlight Pass Plus stuff will continue because extra monetization.

Whether the matchmaking update comes this week or next could also change things around.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 21
    With RBVR being 1 year old in March, here's my predictions.

3/1 - Rivals break week 1
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"

3/8 - Rivals break week 2
    Pearl Jam - "Alive" (rewind)
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"

3/15 - Animal challenge revisited
    Coldplay - "Birds" (spotlight pass)
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"

3/22 - RBVR challenge revisited
    Maroon 5 - "Maps" (spotlight pass)
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

3/29 - 90s
    Garbage - "Only Happy When It Rains" (spotlight pass)
    Soul Asylum - "Runaway Train"

Also I think RBVR will get DLC in March.
  • Everytime I see The Reason mentioned it just pisses me off we got Crawling in the Dark instead. And I like CitD but it's not even close to my love for the Reason.

Ditto with Father of Mine and Santa Monica (only I'm more meh to Santa Monica).

I'd be hard pressed to name another bigger miss (that we didn't eventually get) than those two. Get Over It and Here it Goes Again is up there but I really like HiGA so it lessens the pain.
  • Given the patterns of "alternative" acts from the '90s and '00s, usually that only had one big hit getting DLC lately (less to license?), The Reason follows suit.

Though revisiting challenges just proves that Rock Band World's challenge creator was a nice thing.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Doesn’t July end in “Y”, or have I been misspelling it all this time?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited February 20

The Boomtown Rats- I Don't Like Mondays
    (I was thinking of putting Salvation by The Cranberries in here, but with Dolores' O'Riordan's recent passing, it wouldn't be right.)

Uh... given what happened in Florida last Wednesday and what "I Don't Like Mondays" is about and inspired by... you've substituted in a far worse bad-timing choice.
  • Witticus said:

Did not know freaking Blue Swede would have 137.5 million listens. For a 70s song, that is insane.

Consider how many Awesome Mix playlists it found its way onto for the last four years.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited February 20

The Boomtown Rats- I Don't Like Mondays
    (I was thinking of putting Salvation by The Cranberries in here, but with Dolores' O'Riordan's recent passing, it wouldn't be right.)

Uh... given what happened in Florida last Wednesday and what "I Don't Like Mondays" is about and inspired by... you've substituted in a far worse bad-timing choice.
    Substituted for my original third pick.

Was good in GH:L.
  • Witticus said:

Did not know freaking Blue Swede would have 137.5 million listens. For a 70s song, that is insane.

Prime example of the recency bias I was talking about with Spotify. It makes comparison difficult because newer songs/albums and songs that stood out in movies/shows will get a flood of listens, but it doesn't necessarily mean people like it more than other comparative songs with far less listens.

It just means people have heard it recently so it's fresh in their minds to look up. And then that starts a tidal wave with the random plays increasing (despite being random, Spotify does skew to more listened songs when picking at "random").

And yes, the same thing can happen with youtube, but not quite to the same degree. You don't really get "random" views on youtube.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    HMXOwl said:

Witticus said:

Consider how many Awesome Mix playlists it found its way onto for the last four years.
    Or the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack is way more popular than I gave it credit for.
  • Mission of Burma (including that song) have been in the game for nearly a decade now.
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    I'm going to skip right to the point and just predict Bear Hands!

Probably just a 3 pack, but you never know!
  • I wonder if season 5 will have any songs that's harder than Slide, 3 dots felt undertiered for that song.
  • We've had two songs a week since 1/25. So hoping it bumps up next month more than once.
  • "In Like a Lion" needs White Lion's "Wait".
    Mumford and Sons’ “Little Lion Man” is also an acceptable answer.
  • Hear's my predictions. (I think Season 5 will be Songs of Place of Origin)

3/1: Rock Band VR (Break from Rivals)
    - Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    - Maroon 5 - Maps
    - The Wind & The Wave - Grand Canyon

3/8: East US Bands (Boston vs. New York) (Weekly Challenge Theme for Season 5 (Region Based): Eastern United States)
    - Boston - Don't Look Back (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - Kiss - Detroit Rock City (Rock Band 1 Rewind)

3/15: U2 Essentials 02 (Weekly Challenge Theme for Season 5: UK and Ireland)
    - Beautiful Day
    - Get Out of Your Own Way
    - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    - Mysterious Ways
    - With or Without You
    - You're the Best Thing About Me (Spotlight Pass Song)

3/22: Western European Bands (Weekly Challenge Theme for Season 5: Western European Countries)
    - AudioDamn! - Lights Out (Rock Band VR Song)
    - Golden Earring - Twilight Zone (Spotlight Pass Song)

3/29: Scandinavia's Best 01 (Weekly Challenge Theme for Season 5: Nordic Countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Iceland)
    - The Hives - Tick Tick Boom (Lego Rock Band Rewind)
    - Of Monsters And Men - Mountain Sound
    - Volbeat - Still Counting (Spotlight Pass Song)
  • Mumford and Sons’ “Little Lion Man” is also an acceptable answer.

I would take that too, especially with The Cave.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Both songs being covers of course.

Wut?
  • Mumford and Sons’ “Little Lion Man” is also an acceptable answer.

Wut?
    Wat?
    It's true. They may be good covers but the originals are definitely superior.
    Granted it's always impossible to beat The Wiggles. Mumford & Sons definitely tried but like all other bands trying to cover their material, they just fall flat in comparison.

I mean, just name any objectively great song. More than likely it's a "Wiggles" song.
This discussion has been closed.