March 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: This Season's In Like a Lion(s), Out like a Lamb (of God)

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    This is my favorite Mumford & Sons song.

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited February 21
    Witticus said:

This is my favorite The Wiggles song.

That song is undeniably one of the hardest songs to cover. Who could compete with that? I can only think of one artist and that's it.
    edited February 21
    Witticus said:

Witticus said:

Did not know freaking Blue Swede would have 137.5 million listens. For a 70s song, that is insane.

Prime example of the recency bias I was talking about with Spotify. It makes comparison difficult because newer songs/albums and songs that stood out in movies/shows will get a flood of listens, but it doesn't necessarily mean people like it more than other comparative songs with far less listens.

It just means people have heard it recently so it's fresh in their minds to look up. And then that starts a tidal wave with the random plays increasing (despite being random, Spotify does skew to more listened songs when picking at "random").

And yes, the same thing can happen with youtube, but not quite to the same degree. You don't really get "random" views on youtube.
    Fading in and out of relevance is kind of what Muse does.
    Also, this statement is moar accurate. ;)

*sidenote: this is the one time I uncensored the 'M' word for comedic purposes only
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Witticus said:

Witticus said:

Did not know freaking Blue Swede would have 137.5 million listens. For a 70s song, that is insane.

Prime example of the recency bias I was talking about with Spotify. It makes comparison difficult because newer songs/albums and songs that stood out in movies/shows will get a flood of listens, but it doesn't necessarily mean people like it more than other comparative songs with far less listens.

It just means people have heard it recently so it's fresh in their minds to look up. And then that starts a tidal wave with the random plays increasing (despite being random, Spotify does skew to more listened songs when picking at "random").

And yes, the same thing can happen with youtube, but not quite to the same degree. You don't really get "random" views on youtube.

*sidenote: this is the one time I uncensored the 'M' word for comedic purposes only
    Give them a break, they can only record when they believe it's safe to remove their tinfoil hats.
    Witticus said:

Witticus said:

Witticus said:

Give them a break, they can only record when they believe it's safe to remove their tinfoil hats.
    So you're saying they have something in common with Billy Corgan?
  • Well on a more serious note. If you don't want that kind of situation to happen (songs you really want on the main platform being locked away behind a spinoff), you want the 10 remaining RBVR songs as RB4 DLC irrelevant of whether you like those songs or not.
  • KidSleez said:

"In Like a Lion" needs White Lion's "Wait".

Wait or Little Fighter would be good.

I would like to nominate:
    Sabaton - Lion From The North
  • BaronRob said:

KidSleez said:

Wait or Little Fighter would be good.

I would like to nominate:
    Sabaton - Lion From The North
    Racer X - Heart of a Lion
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    From the Lion King, Elton John "Circle of Life"
  • djb5f1 said:

As much as they would not fit the game (although since Alt-charting seems to be back) i'd love both Circle of Life and Can You Feel the Love Tonight.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

djb5f1 said:

As much as they would not fit the game (although since Alt-charting seems to be back) i'd love both Circle of Life and Can You Feel the Love Tonight.
    Yes, I would actually prefer Can You Feel the Love Tonight. I meant to type that anyway lol.

• Mumford and Sons’ “Little Lion Man” is also an acceptable answer.

Aren't the drums on that just a kick?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited February 21
    You be quiet now. You take your kick and be happy with it, lest I go around dreamrequesting songs with no drum part at all! They did it for “Landslide”, they did it for “Love Yourself”. How about I push for Jeff Buckley’s cover of “Hallelujah”, huh!? Chris Cornell’s “Seasons”!? Neil Young’s “After the Gold Rush”!? You’ll be dreamin’ you had a kick by the time I’m done wishlistin’!
  • KidSleez said:

Little Fighter or Radar Love would also be acceptable.
    Speaking of Golden Earing.. this game is BEGGING for Twilight Zone..
    (Or maybe that's just me begging)..
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

KidSleez said:

I am Begging for TZ too. Been a long time since I requested it. Off to the site!
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited February 22

Everytime I see The Reason mentioned it just pisses me off we got Crawling in the Dark instead. And I like CitD but it's not even close to my love for the Reason.

Ditto with Father of Mine and Santa Monica (only I'm more meh to Santa Monica).

I'd be hard pressed to name another bigger miss (that we didn't eventually get) than those two. Get Over It and Here it Goes Again is up there but I really like HiGA so it lessens the pain.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your examples - both of which I'm glad we have besides the other songs you listed..
    That said - I get the sentiment..

We have Out Of Line and Rescue Me, which I imagine only hardcore Buckcherry fans know.
    Meanwhile, they have all these on the Mainstream Rock Chart:

Lit Up
    Peaked at #1 on 6.5.1999

Crazy ****
    Peaked at #3 on 6.24.2006

Everything
    Peaked at #6 on 4.28.2007

Too Drunk...
    Peaked at #7 on 9.27.2008

Ridin'
    Peaked at #9 on 4.21.2001

Not to mention Sorry peaked at #9 on another chart.

I guess Rescue Me made it to #11, but that's a pretty big surprise to me, considering I never realized it was a "single" whatsoever, and I'm a pretty big fan.

So anyway - we need a proper Buckcherry pack: Lit Up, Ridin' and whatever else HMX wants - dealers choice!

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Lit Up please! Back to the request site ;)

Chris Cornell’s “Seasons”!? Neil Young’s “After the Gold Rush”!?

Two of my most wanted songs!
  • djb5f1 said:

djb5f1 said:

Yes, I would actually prefer Can You Feel the Love Tonight. I meant to type that anyway lol.

Be Prepared master race.
  • KidSleez said:

I really liked White Lion's version of Radar Love. Just figured since we have the O.G., let's get something else from WL that would be more fun than When the Children Cry. And Wait was a top 10 hit! But I do like Little Fighter too.
  • Everytime I see The Reason mentioned it just pisses me off we got Crawling in the Dark instead. And I like CitD but it's not even close to my love for the Reason.

I'd be hard pressed to name another bigger miss (that we didn't eventually get) than those two. Get Over It and Here it Goes Again is up there but I really like HiGA so it lessens the pain.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your examples - both of which I'm glad we have besides the other songs you listed..

We have Out Of Line and Rescue Me, which I imagine only hardcore Buckcherry fans know.

Lit Up
    Peaked at #1 on 6.5.1999

Crazy ****

Everything

Too Drunk...

Ridin'

I guess Rescue Me made it to #11, but that's a pretty big surprise to me, considering I never realized it was a "single" whatsoever, and I'm a pretty big fan.

So anyway - we need a proper Buckcherry pack: Lit Up, Ridin' and whatever else HMX wants - dealers choice!

I'd definitely want Crazy B****.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited February 22
    KidSleez said:

Everytime I see The Reason mentioned it just pisses me off we got Crawling in the Dark instead. And I like CitD but it's not even close to my love for the Reason.

Lit Up
    Peaked at #1 on 6.5.1999

Crazy ****

Everything

Too Drunk...

Ridin'

I'd definitely want Crazy B****.
    Ditto.

As for my listed songs, those are just based on my personal feelings towards them and not what we should have got.

I didn't bring up Buckcherry, or Trapt (or some other obvious ones), because while I like Crazy **** and Headstrong a lot, it's not near as much as The Reason and Father of Mine (both of which are pretty personal for me).

Edit:
    Is Lit Up the song about being on a plane high on cocaine? I'd prefer Crazy **** but definitely like that one too if so.
  • For OK Go, I'd honestly want Do What You Want more than Get Over It. Sure we'll never get GH On Tour 100% completion because of Knock Me Down (RHCP seems about as likely as Led Zeppelin at this point) but there's still some from that game that seem like realistic gets (e.g. Youth Gone Wild).
  • At some point i'd be cool to get more Fleetwood Mac or solo Stevie Nicks (I know random but I've been on a kick with them lately)

I could see a Fleetwood Mac pack as:
    Second Hand News
    The Chain
    And maybe one of the already delisted tracks, Landslide or Don't Stop?

I need these solo Stevie songs:
    I Can't Wait
    Talk To Me
    Leather and Lace
    (I also like Think About It off Bella Donna but it wasn't a single so seems unlikely)
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    /\ quite frankly we are overdue The Chain and 80s era Fleetwood Mac in my honest opinion. Would especially like to see Big Love and Everywhere. Imagine the fast synth spacey sounding intro charted to guitar! :p
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited February 22
    Yeah @bonethug0108 - Lit Up is the cocaine song.. Can’t believe that song is almost 20yrs old..
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 23

With RBVR being 1 year old in March, here's my predictions.

3/1 - 90s rewind week (Rivals break week 1)
    Pearl Jam - "Alive" (rewind)
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline" (rewind)

3/8 - Rivals break week 2
    The Starting Line - "Quitter"
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"
    AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"

3/15 - More RBVR songs
    Coldplay - "Birds" (spotlight pass)
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"

3/22 - RBVR challenge revisited
    Maroon 5 - "Maps" (spotlight pass)
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

3/29 - 80s
    Blondie - "The Tide is High" (spotlight pass)
    Roxette - "The Look" (rewind)

Also I think RBVR will get DLC in March.

Re-arranged and changed some predictions given the current RBN delists situation.
This discussion has been closed.