March 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: This Season's In Like a Lion(s), Out like a Lamb (of God)

Comments

• patl175patl175 Unsigned

GLaDOS said:

How many non-disc, non-rewind, non-vr paid dlc deep cuts have we gotten in the RB4 era?
    There was one in the 1D pack but I'm struggling to think of any other non-singles. Even though we haven't been getting packs I still think "Birds" will be in a Coldplay pack, I just can't see releasing JUST a deep cut from a band at this point (though they did for Catfish & The Bottlemen so maybe they will again).

I just don't see why A Sky Full of Stars would be separated from a Coldplay pack if one was to exist in the near future.
    Spotlight. Pass.
    That's not a reason though because if the pack was coming it would've come out in February instead of Live in the Moment.
    It being a fairly big song (especially since most passes have had a ‘10s song in there)? Yeah, I’d say it is.
    I think you misunderstood what I said. In February we got A Sky Full of Stars (spotlight pass) and Live in the Moment, if a Coldplay pack was coming in the near future surely it would've been the pack in February (with A Sky Full of Stars still being the spotlight pass song) and Live in the Moment being released later in the year.
    That's because Hmx is giving mr Owl his dose of Coldplay every once in a while so he won't revert back to Gnf. (I'm just joking there mr Owl, don't come at me please...)
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    “But who will remember Live in the Moment if not for RB?”
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    They could always pull a Twenty One Pilots and retrofit ASFoS into a Coldplay pack. Heck they could just add Birds and make a 4 pack with Adventure and Hymn in there too.
    TheMurals said:

They could always pull a Twenty One Pilots and retrofit ASFoS into a Coldplay pack. Heck they could just add Birds and make a 4 pack with Adventure and Hymn in there too.

That is just crazy enough to work
    Knights of the Shark Table :p
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    It already has a separate subforum. It broke free of its cage and is now menacing the fine people of Amity.

The only solution now is to put the forumgoers into a cage.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Constant? This is a once in a week thing... here. Now if you were to say this on WAYDRN, then it would definitely be constant.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    Witticus said:

Constant? This is a once in a week thing... here. Now if you were to say this on WAYDRN, then it would definitely be constant.

Pretty sure he was joshing with you.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I totally lol'd the post man. I'd post a protest shark, but that would really be jumping the shark... Maybe a jumping the shark, jumping the sharkception?
    Witticus said:

I totally lol'd the post man. I'd post a protest shark, but that would really be jumping the shark... Maybe a jumping the shark, jumping the sharkception?

Protest the Hero Shark
  • Looks like our Rivals break has been shortened again.
    HMXOwl said:

Go into the Rivals Hub in-game and then hit Tier Status and you'll see a countdown to the next Challenge whenever there isn't an active one.

When you do that, it says there's just under 3 days before the challenge starts.

So I've got a new line of predictions for this month:

3/8 - VR songs
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells" (spotlight pass)
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

3/15 - 80s
    Extreme - "Play With Me" (spotlight pass)
    Bryan Adams - "Summer of '69" (rewind)

3/22 - More VR songs
    Coldplay - "Birds" (spotlight pass)
    Band of Horses - "Casual Party"

3/29 - Pearl Jam 01
    Alive (rewind)
    Daughter
    Yellow Ledbetter (spotlight pass)
  • Witticus said:

Protest the Hero Shark
    Remember when a Protest the Hero song found it's way to the official DLC playlist on Spotify?
    Wildcat15 said:

Witticus said:

Protest the Hero Shark
    Remember when a Protest the Hero song found it's way to the official DLC playlist on Spotify?
    That was just a "Similar Artists" type of thing, from what I recall.

Still can dream though.
    You guys think this season will get a theme for the whole season this time like the last 2 or a different theme each week? I think they could pull another season with genre by focusing on dlc from the genre they did not spotlight in the last season like the last challenge had rap/hip hop included but no spotlight, this season could have it, I would enjoy it as almost every week had a decent amount of songs available

A week with Bust-A-Move and Marky Mark's Good Vibrations would be awesome (at least for me haha)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    March: Week 2 brings us good tunes from the likes of Michelle Branch and Natasha Bedingfield!
  • patl175 said:

You guys think this season will get a theme for the whole season this time like the last 2 or a different theme each week? I think they could pull another season with genre by focusing on dlc from the genre they did not spotlight in the last season like the last challenge had rap/hip hop included but no spotlight, this season could have it, I would enjoy it as almost every week had a decent amount of songs available

A week with Bust-A-Move and Marky Mark's Good Vibrations would be awesome (at least for me haha)

I think it's a bit soon to have another genre theme. Even then I'd imagine rap and hip-hop would have to share a week with something else due to there not being a lot of it in the game.

I do think that if there was another genre theme season, they should change up what's paired with what though. The "metal" and "love" weeks I thought fell particularly flat.
  • I think given this week's DLC, the Season 5 theme is either going to be Season 0 revisited or no theme.

I think given this week's DLC, the Season 5 theme is either going to be Season 0 revisited or no theme.

What a novel concept; a season without a theme :p
    Vexus said:

patl175 said:

I think it's a bit soon to have another genre theme. Even then I'd imagine rap and hip-hop would have to share a week with something else due to there not being a lot of it in the game.

I do think that if there was another genre theme season, they should change up what's paired with what though. The "metal" and "love" weeks I thought fell particularly flat.
    Yeah well thats kinda what i meant, mix up the genre so i does different weeks but focus on different genre to be the spotlight and you got a whole season there but yeah, they might not go there that soon, i just hope they can make good enough theme so we can have a good variety of songs each week, i like it better when a week has at least 250-300 songs, less than that, the challenge becomes boring fast + i don't have almost all the songs available for nothing, i want to be able to use them in rivals as much as possible
  • After finding out Unwritten is in a Karaoke Revolution game, there could be a season where the DLC only consists of songs from franchises HMX worked on and the challenges could look at artists rather than just songs from those games. So like:

Week 1 - Karaoke Revolution
    Week 2 - GH
    Week 3 - RBVR
    Week 4 - Dance Central and Fantasia Music Evolved
    Week 5 - Frequency/Amplitude/RB Unplugged/RB Blitz/Amplitude 2016
    Week 6 - DropMix
    Week 7 - RB (all songs eligible)

Don't know what the 8th week would be in that case, maybe split GH into 2 weeks?
    GH1 and GH2

So...Take It Off, Stellar
    and....I dunno, Dead! and John the Fisherman?

After finding out Unwritten is in a Karaoke Revolution game, there could be a season where the DLC only consists of songs from franchises HMX worked on and the challenges could look at artists rather than just songs from those games. So like:

Week 2 - GH
    Week 3 - RBVR
    Week 6 - DropMix

Don't know what the 8th week would be in that case, maybe split GH into 2 weeks?

I think this would be a great season, i really like your idea but i'm wondering how many songs do we have from each game? Would it make enough songs for each week?
  • As someone who made a case for different genre distributions last Season to even out quantity, no. The per-series count is nowhere close. I think my friends worked out DropMix + SingSpace recently and landed around 58?
  • patl175 said:

After finding out Unwritten is in a Karaoke Revolution game, there could be a season where the DLC only consists of songs from franchises HMX worked on and the challenges could look at artists rather than just songs from those games. So like:

Week 2 - GH
    Week 3 - RBVR
    Week 6 - DropMix

I think this would be a great season, i really like your idea but i'm wondering how many songs do we have from each game? Would it make enough songs for each week?
    That's why I said that challenge songs would extend to artists in the games rather than just songs. With RBVR for example, the RBVR challenge back in March 2017 is what I have in mind but updated with the extra songs we got over the past year and the spotlights would be different.
  • Looks like Season 5 is not tied to a theme, much like with Season 1 and 2. Looks like it's time for me to change my predictions.

3/15: St.Patrick's Theme (Weekly Challenge Theme: St.Patricks' Day (Songs from Irish Bands and Artists, and songs about the color Green)
    - Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies
    - Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know (Spotlight Pass Song)

Other Spotlight Songs for the week are Cedarwood Road (U2) and Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day)

3/22: Rock Band VR Leaked Songs (Weekly Challenge Theme: Shades of Red)
    - Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    - Maroon 5 - Maps (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - The Wind and The Wave - Grand Canyon

Other Spotlight Songs for the week are The Red (Chevelle) and Skydiver (Ruby Rose Fox)

3/29: March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a lamb (Weekly Challenge Theme: Cats and Dogs)
    - Lamb of God - Ghost Walking
    - White Lion - When The Children Cry (Spotlight Pass Song)

Other Spotlight Songs for the week are Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor) and The Wolf (Mumford and Sons)
  • I'd love the return of Drunken Lullabies. I sort of enjoyed the Live version we got on RBN. But i'd take the studio and i'm sure others would prefer it.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 8
    Given my luck with correctly predicting VR songs recently has been very bad and there being no theme for season 5, I have new predictions which has less (still think all of them will come but maybe a larger focus from April onwards).

3/15 - St. Patrick's Day theme
    Snow Patrol - "Chasing Cars" (spotlight pass)
    Thin Lizzy - "Bad Reputation"

3/22 - RBVR songs
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells" (spotlight pass)
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

3/29 - 00s
    Hilary Duff - "Come Clean" (spotlight pass)
    Fountains of Wayne - "Stacy's Mom"
This discussion has been closed.