Rock Band Rivals Online Matchmaking Update Discussion Thread

Thoughts on how your experience with this new update is?

Have you come across any unexpected bugs?

Success stories from playing with your crew or making new friends/bandmates?

Discuss, and all that jazz!

Comments

• A major bug present is that whenever anyone joins during a song, everyone disconnects from the servers and returns to the main menu.
  • A major bug present is that whenever anyone joins during a song, everyone disconnects from the servers and returns to the main menu.

So we still have a ways to go before it resembles GH5's Party Play :p
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

A major bug present is that whenever anyone joins during a song, everyone disconnects from the servers and returns to the main menu.

I haven’t played yet, but that does sound pretty major. Xbox or PS or both?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 21
    BachiG said:

A major bug present is that whenever anyone joins during a song, everyone disconnects from the servers and returns to the main menu.

I haven’t played yet, but that does sound pretty major. Xbox or PS or both?
    Xbox, PS4 users will need to test it themselves.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    edited February 21
    I really do hope they fix that Drop-In bug quickly. It's nice to have a full band going, but once someone leaves, everyone fears if another player joins in and crashes the session.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention. If you got the bug where all online sessions only have "89 Shared Songs" when looking at the Online Lobby list, refreshing your library will fix this issue and display the correct amount of songs shared.
  • BadkatBadkat Unsigned
    When ever I go to any home screen menu option, then back out to the home screen, the background band is now in black and white instead of color. Don't think the "black and white" was meant as improved graphics and animations.
  • Badkat said:

When ever I go to any home screen menu option, then back out to the home screen, the background band is now in black and white instead of color. Don't think the "black and white" was meant as improved graphics and animations.

But it was. That's 100% on purpose to give it variety.
  • BadkatBadkat Unsigned
    Oh, my bad then. Thank you for the reply.
  • I haven't touched the online stuff at all, but I was finally able to play the lanes on Ain't No Telling and Killing in the Name without losing my streak constantly. That alone is worth it.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Great improvements! I'm VERY happy with a lot of changes and additions! Thanks for listening Harmonix!
  • I haven't touched the online stuff at all, but I was finally able to play the lanes on Ain't No Telling and Killing in the Name without losing my streak constantly. That alone is worth it.

Riiiiiiight?
  • HMXOwl said:

I haven't touched the online stuff at all, but I was finally able to play the lanes on Ain't No Telling and Killing in the Name without losing my streak constantly. That alone is worth it.

Riiiiiiight?
    Dirty Pool guitar chart.

Let's see how many people can GS it now :p
    edited February 22
    itzJV said:

I really do hope they fix that Drop-In bug quickly. It's nice to have a full band going, but once someone leaves, everyone fears if another player joins in and crashes the session.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention. If you got the bug where all online sessions only have "89 Shared Songs" when looking at the Online Lobby list, refreshing your library will fix this issue and display the correct amount of songs shared.

So.... what’s the secret if this doesn’t work? On PS4 I’ve tried to both refresh my library in game and restore licenses on the system... still only shows 89 songs for every available group.
  • So after having spent a reasonable amount of time online. Here's my summary:
    - Already mentioned about the bug but that should be fixed very soon and that's the only bug I've experienced
    - Avenged Sevenfold only got picked once and it was Almost Easy
    - The vast majority of lobbies I was in didn't have the whole legacy exports but rather most of the rewinds instead which cements more rewinds being released as a very good way to help grow the online community despite it potentially annoying export owners
    - Lanes work very well, finally managed to Gold Star Love Me Two Times (will try the ultimate test, Falling Away From Me later)
    - Overall the online experience is absolutely fantastic

You mean Dirty Pool ;)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 22

So after having spent a reasonable amount of time online. Here's my summary:
    - Already mentioned about the bug but that should be fixed very soon and that's the only bug I've experienced
    - The vast majority of lobbies I was in didn't have the whole legacy exports but rather most of the rewinds instead which cements more rewinds being released as a very good way to help grow the online community despite it potentially annoying export owners
    - Lanes work very well, finally managed to Gold Star Love Me Two Times (will try the ultimate test, Falling Away From Me later)

You mean Dirty Pool ;)
    I found Falling Away From Me's lanes much more disruptive than Dirty Pool because of how small the note density is.
    I was able to only play a few short online random sessions and overall an excellent experience... nostalgia kicked into overdrive. Of course I’m not the drummer I used to be, so when a bunch of 5* and DH songs are picked, I definitely struggle, but maybe over time the skillzorz will pick up a bit.

Aside from the already mentioned 89song bug everything went pretty smoothly for me, although it SEEMED (at times) that the audio got a little bit off time with the track... but that could have easily just been me.

One thing that kinda sucks is that playing with an ekit and using the MPA still doesn’t let you “join” as a drummer (you have to go in as a vocalist and then switch instruments in the green room... no big deal it seems to work although it’s kinda kinda weird because when you search for groups based on your instrument and available open slots the best bet was doing it as a drummer, switching to vocals, joining the group and then switching back to drums... like I said, cumbersome, but workable (and I get it). One thing that doesn’t work with this set up though is being able to use the quick comments between/during/after songs.... at least not that I could find. They only became available in the green room.

Oh well... very minor complaints... thanks 1,000,000 HMX for making this happen! It brings so much more life into the game for me... y’all rock!
  • So after having spent a reasonable amount of time online. Here's my summary:

You mean Dirty Pool ;)
    I found Falling Away From Me's lanes much more disruptive than Dirty Pool because of how small the note density is.
    Tuesday's Gone.

So is your FC.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    i hope the trill lane fix will also work as well for drum roll lanes, especially those yellow-green double cymbal rolls.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited February 22
    A very good patch. I did the join midsong on Ps4 and had zero issues (but only did it once). Would love to see album headers and local/online play in the next one.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned

Agree 100%!

Had a fun night jamming. Thanks so very much Harmonix! The update is a winner for sure
  • My overall experience is I suck at playing, and now need to get in some practice. The online is amazing this is what I have been waiting for, i can see me playing weekly now instead of not playing thank you HMX.
  • Thank you Harmonix. I can't wait to try this out. This has always been my number one request since before the game was released. I am sure I will play this game a lot more than previously now.

Btw: Does anyone have suggestions for a new forum avatar? :yum:
  • The background animations made the game look fresher too. I loved it! Waiting to test the online game play. Thanks harmonix!!!
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    I will give it a spin this weekend, sounds like its great, but this still looms large for me as well

still won't be using it. still lacks more than 1 player per console for online play.

• Haven't tried it yet but just adding my thanks to everyone else here - thanks for listening, supporting the community, enhancing your game, and not being selfish.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    so I refreshed my library and licenses, but still shows 89 songs for everyone
    question is, when you join do you only see the 89 songs or do you still see all the songs you have in common?

I just looked, didn't try to play yet, cause I am supposed to be working :smile:

but yes thanks HMX for this update, it will definitely increase my playing time