Rock Band Rivals Online Matchmaking Update Discussion Thread

24567

Comments

  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited February 22
    @ekffazr: It doesn’t limit you to just the 89 songs... everything you have in common with the group is still playable.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited February 22
    For the little amount of time that I was able to play last night I couldn't believe how much fun I had! I'm literally chomping at the bit for more! (is work almost done!? :'( )

    I finally got to play in a full band for the first time since Rock Band 2! Also, all of the added improvements made by Harmonix are absolutely top notch! The in-game quick messages, being able to drop in and out on the fly, and the quick access aspect makes this the definitive version of online play!

    Now just add in multiple people locally to play online and we have something very special. :)

    *One really amazing thing I noticed was the ability to just drop out back to the green room which doesn't remove you from the session! That is an excellent thing in place for if you have to randomly do something quick (i.e. go to the bathroom). Then you can just join straight back in as if it were a local session.
  • Hey @grumblevolcano, you were in one of the loading screen notes
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Did you screen shot it?
  • Thank you!!! @Harmonix <3 I'm excited to try this ou!

    Hahaha at A7X only being picked once, I'm guessing Twilight of the Thunder Good will be replacing it :D
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    LOVED the update... one of our favorite ways to play is online because it feels more social... looking forward to playing some challenge songs for XP this weekend!
  • @ohNOitsLYNCHO A7X's replacement seems to be Paramore which is a very nice change. 9 years ago you'd almost certainly be kicked out of an online lobby for choosing That's What You Get but now lots of people are picking Ain't It Fun, Still Into You and That's What You Get (pretty sure Misery Business would join those if it was released as a rewind).
  • KazooKazoo Unsigned
    Does it support local multiplayer with online play? Please? PRETTY PLEASE?
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    I had a good experience last night on Xbox One after some initial problems. I think I crashed one group's session when I tried to drop in during a song, which caused the game to restart. One of the first songs we played, "Friday I'm In Love," had some weird lag - I was hitting every phrase, but the OD bar would fill, then disappear - and afterwards, my score showed missed phrases that didn't show up during the song. But after that, everything worked well.
  • Does anyone have an issue with singing online? I keep getting dropped notes while singing, while the blank sections the arrow doesn't "Fade out". I am on PS4 Pro. My mics all work fine, I tested online and offline with all five of my microphones and offline still works fine. Online I keep getting glitched up.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    still a no
    Kazoo said:

    Does it support local multiplayer with online play? Please? PRETTY PLEASE?

  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Just got done playing some online, and I gotta say I much prefer this system of play. I also like that you can drop in mid-song if you have it! It seemed those I were grouped up with picked mostly on-disc and free songs (fair enough, I don't have nearly as much DLC on PS4 as I do on Xbox 360, so it's not like there's much else to choose from), outside of me picking what DLC I can find, and one time someone picked "Pull Me Under."

    One thing I'd like to see in the future is perhaps a "On-Disc" option under "Song Preference," to signify when the leader doesn't have a lot (or any) DLC. That way people know ahead of time whether or not their massive DLC libraries are compatible, and so that folks like me won't have to worry about boring people with loads of DLC with about 200 songs total (that's including on-disc and free songs).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Wondering how XP and personal score/stars work for mid-song drop-in? You join in midway and best you can get is 3 stars and your XP is tied to that? And the length of the full song or what you just played?

    Or is XP always based on the band score?

  • djb5f1 said:

    Wondering how XP and personal score/stars work for mid-song drop-in? You join in midway and best you can get is 3 stars and your XP is tied to that? And the length of the full song or what you just played?

    Or is XP always based on the band score?

    Exact same way it does with local drop-in. The dropper is null.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    edited February 22

    Does anyone have an issue with singing online? I keep getting dropped notes while singing, while the blank sections the arrow doesn't "Fade out". I am on PS4 Pro. My mics all work fine, I tested online and offline with all five of my microphones and offline still works fine. Online I keep getting glitched up.

    Could it be lag? As I stated right above you, I had a weird experience with one song last night on Xbox, with my screen registering "Awesome" scores, but seeing the OD meter fill, then immediately disappear. And even though my screen never showed me losing the 4x, the results page listed my performance as 96%. It only happened with "Friday I'm In Love."
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

    djb5f1 said:

    Wondering how XP and personal score/stars work for mid-song drop-in? You join in midway and best you can get is 3 stars and your XP is tied to that? And the length of the full song or what you just played?

    Or is XP always based on the band score?

    Exact same way it does with local drop-in. The dropper is null.
    Thanks for the reply. You mean no XP or star rating if you join mid-song, right? Gotcha.

  • djb5f1 said:

    HMXOwl said:

    djb5f1 said:

    Wondering how XP and personal score/stars work for mid-song drop-in? You join in midway and best you can get is 3 stars and your XP is tied to that? And the length of the full song or what you just played?

    Or is XP always based on the band score?

    Exact same way it does with local drop-in. The dropper is null.
    Thanks for the reply. You mean no XP or star rating if you join mid-song, right? Gotcha.

    Yup. Everything you can think of is 'nothing' or '0'. They don't influence a dang thing for anyone else or themselves. You'll see they don't even participate in Unison Bonuses since their playing is zeroed out so thoroughly.
  • ecd1973ecd1973 Unsigned
    No matter what online session I try to join it tells me I have to be signed in to join (I am). I was able to create a session and other people joined it. Anyone else getting this?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    ecd1973 said:

    No matter what online session I try to join it tells me I have to be signed in to join (I am). I was able to create a session and other people joined it. Anyone else getting this?

    Are you using a legacy instrument? That seems to be a weird issue with them, in order to join other games with them, start as Vocals, then after joining swap to the other instrument (it's weird and tedious, but it does work. Just hope that the game you join has both a slot for vocals and a slot for the instrument you want to play open).
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    technically "nothing" and "0" are not the same as null :wink:

    had to say it sorry
    HMXOwl said:

    djb5f1 said:

    HMXOwl said:

    djb5f1 said:

    Wondering how XP and personal score/stars work for mid-song drop-in? You join in midway and best you can get is 3 stars and your XP is tied to that? And the length of the full song or what you just played?

    Or is XP always based on the band score?

    Exact same way it does with local drop-in. The dropper is null.
    Thanks for the reply. You mean no XP or star rating if you join mid-song, right? Gotcha.

    Yup. Everything you can think of is 'nothing' or '0'. They don't influence a dang thing for anyone else or themselves. You'll see they don't even participate in Unison Bonuses since their playing is zeroed out so thoroughly.
  • I need a loading screen asking the whereabouts of GNF ;)
  • ecd1973ecd1973 Unsigned

    ecd1973 said:

    No matter what online session I try to join it tells me I have to be signed in to join (I am). I was able to create a session and other people joined it. Anyone else getting this?

    Are you using a legacy instrument? That seems to be a weird issue with them, in order to join other games with them, start as Vocals, then after joining swap to the other instrument (it's weird and tedious, but it does work. Just hope that the game you join has both a slot for vocals and a slot for the instrument you want to play open).
    Yes using a legacy instrument. That isnt by design I would imagine?
  • ecd1973 said:

    ecd1973 said:

    No matter what online session I try to join it tells me I have to be signed in to join (I am). I was able to create a session and other people joined it. Anyone else getting this?

    Are you using a legacy instrument? That seems to be a weird issue with them, in order to join other games with them, start as Vocals, then after joining swap to the other instrument (it's weird and tedious, but it does work. Just hope that the game you join has both a slot for vocals and a slot for the instrument you want to play open).
    Yes using a legacy instrument. That isnt by design I would imagine?
    Basically all legacy instruments are read by the console as a standard controller (mic).
  • It will never change because it is unavoidable. It is the same thing as how you can't start the game with a legacy controller. The PlayStation OS cannot see it as a controller under any condition.
  • Thanks HMX! Can't wait to try this out soon. I remember a time on here when talk of online play was a pretty bleak topic
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Is the PSOS legacy controller issue the same reason I can’t send messages during play using the MPA? Will there be the same limitation if I play using legacy guitar/bass controllers?
  • Great addition all around. The only problem though (a very minor one) is you still gotta scroll through tons of blacked out songs to find something everyone owns.
24567
Sign In or Register to comment.