Recent Patch Question

Comments

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited March 13
    Abaddon said:

Not related to Rock Band, but at some point I was playing (I think it was Horizon ZD) and I could not for the life of me get my receiver to DTS. Turns out somewhere along the line my PS4 got reset to outputting PCM. I'm confident it never changed it, my best guess is it got unset in a firmware update somewhere along the line.

tl;dr - definitely check your settings as @SadSandwich recommends, if you haven't already.

Yes, apologies to Harmonix. Thanks guys for picking that up. It was driving me nuts.

It seems it was the PS4's 5.50 firmware update that reset my audio settings to output everything as PCM Stereo, and not the recent Rock Band patch.

That being said, it would still be *nice* if we could adjust the audio options on the fly just by using the game controller (like it was in RB3)... without having to pause the game, navigate menus and blindly adjusting sliders not knowing what it will sound like until it's unpaused.

• jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited March 18
    Graffin said:

That being said, it would still be *nice* if we could adjust the audio options on the fly just by using the game controller (like it was in RB3)... without having to pause the game, navigate menus and blindly adjusting sliders not knowing what it will sound like until it's unpaused.

That would be an awesome option, my receiver adds approx 100ms lag when surround is activated, I always used to have it off on pre RB4 games.

I though I would never understand why this option was removed but have always noticed that PS4 games do not have any sound options in the game itself (same for the display overscan). Maybe this is a limitation of the consoles?

Bet Harmonix can have a say in this...