DLC Discussion Thread: Start of the Alphabet

HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 3/15: Bad Company and Del Amitri!

Head out for spring break with new additions to Rock Band from Bad Company and Del Amitri!

Bad Company's "Bad Company" kicks us off this week, from the band's debut album Bad Company. Considered one of the best albums of the ‘70s, Bad Company reached #1 on the Billboard 200 and spent nearly half a year on the UK Albums Chart, hitting #3 during that time. The album reached 5x Platinum status, receiving critical acclaim to this day and spawning several classic rock radio staples, including the singles "Bad Company" and "Can't Get Enough". “Bad Company” brings multiple guitar solos filled with a ton of movement and slides for a fun chart. In a rare twist, there’s only one line on vocals, so it’s all up to you and your own skill on this one.

From Del Amitri, we also have "Roll To Me" this week. Off the band's fourth album Twisted, "Roll To Me" helped propel the album to #3 in the UK. Q Magazine even ranked it one of the best albums of 1995! The song is the band's biggest hit in the US, reaching the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and appearing in numerous films and TV shows through the years. Vocals have instances of modal interchange, making the song an excellent vocal exercise for any session. The guitar chart during the chorus brings together several different string parts. Maybe your ear will catch something you hadn’t heard in other releases!

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 5 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

• Bad Company - "Bad Company"
  • Del Amitri - "Roll To Me" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 5 Spotlight Pass)

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 15th.

Comments

• uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited March 13
    Whaaaaa, I totally remember the second song. The music video has them in strollers.

Bad Company is a bit snoozy, but they're classic. I shall both get.
  • Great week!! No complaining here.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited March 13
    Yes, Bad Company! I have requested that song on more than one occasion!! Wish it was the spotlight pass song but no worries, elated to have it!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I've been requesting "Roll To Me" forever!! Super pumped for that one. And "Bad Company" is a stone-cold classic. AMAZING week.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    Solid! Two for me this week.
  • Wow! DLC releases continue to be amazing!
  • I have a ? though. Where's the letters A & C?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

I have a ? though. Where's the letters A & C?

Bad Company
    Del Amitri

All accounted for!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I have a ? though. Where's the letters A & C?

I was a little concerned it was going to be ABBA although I am sure a lot would like. Not fond of the spotlight song but love that we got Bad Company .
  • Roll to Me I've been requesting this forever, there also seems to be a theme going on here my music consulting fees are pretty cheap I don't need much guys
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 13
    Next week confirmed letters E-H :p

Also, Four Year Strong does a good cover of Roll To Me.

Good week, would've liked Bad Company to be spotlight but can't complain too much.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Del Amitri, this is fantastic! Bad Company, not anywhere near as exciting, even Bad Company sounds bored when they play.
  • On board for both.
  • Had no idea what that second song was until I gave it a listen. Great songs this week! Grabbing both!
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Never heard "Roll To Me" but I'm a spotlight owner so it's mine, definitely picking up "Bad Company"
    Hope we get "Burnin' Sky" sometime down to the road too.
  • Nice! I'm happy with this week (Even though, they aren't Irish bands. But THEY are British bands (English for Bad Company, Scottish for Del Amitri (Just found this out today, as I assumed they were American), so it's not too much of a stretch for St.Paddy's day, I think. So either way, I'm happy that these two songs are coming.) :)

Weekly Challenge Theme: Bands from A-D
    - Dreams (The Cranberries)
    - Roll to Me (Del Amitri)
    - Violent Shiver (Benjamin Booker)

Looking forward to the day that the Rewind of Shooting Star comes, because I enjoyed that song ever since Rock Band 2. :)
  • Good stuff. Would have vastly preferred Feel Like Makin' Love but this one is cool. Just glad it isn't the FFDP version.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Oh, so *that's* Del Amitri. I would bet I'd heard the song in some ambience somewhere and just mentally checked it off as, like, a Counting Crows deep cut or a Barenaked Ladies soundtrack contribution.

Would have preferred Bad Company as spotlight, but even that isn't essential owning for me.

At this point, 100% convinced HMX picked another band from Glasgow other than the one I've been requesting for years ... out of spite.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Excellent week. Very very excellent.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    is it just me, or do the sound effects in the preview videos get louder and more annoying every week.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited March 13
    tnevaker said:

is it just me, or do the sound effects in the preview videos get louder and more annoying every week.

I'm actually hoping that during April Fools' week, the preview video is just "Meow Mode" and special effects over the sound of the songs. That way you can't hear anything. :D
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Wow, so much love for Del. That's why we're all different. To me, there is an awesome classic rock song that has been way overdue, plus another 90s song that all sound the same.

No spotlight pass this time was definitely the right call for me, too.
  • I thought the group was gonna begin with A and C but I gotcha. Thanks @HMXOwl !
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    They could have stayed near the front of the alphabet AND in Glasgow with Chvrches, Belle and Sebastian, and The Fratellis.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I will be surprised and impressed if they are able to get a good mix out of Bad Company: that album is OLD. Fingers crossed! Great track, it's one of the many classic rock songs that I know by heart after hearing it over and over again while going to school in Pittsburgh.

I had to listen to the other one to realize that I actually know it. I like it well enough. Still haven't purchased the Season Pass and I'm not sold yet, personally, but they are definitely doing a great job of continuing to get well-known and well-liked songs for the game.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Man 2018 really hasn’t been for me so far... only 2 purchases. I normally wouldn’t, but because I’m itching to play something new the Bad Company song isn’t too bad... I’ll still probably pass. Hoping some stuff I like comes my way soon!