Comments

• Glad to see the quick fixes!
    Now on the next big update give me my album headers. :p <3 <3 <3 <3
  • tragedy719tragedy719 Unsigned
    still no pro drum lefty flip glitch fix?
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    edited March 14
    Thank you for the quick fixes! These sound like great changes (love the Emotes in between songs!).

I am on XBox and seem to see shared songs by other users in sessions correctly, but I noticed just yesterday when I created my own session it showed only 89 songs on the session create screen. Not as big of an issue as those on PS4, but still something tied to 89 even for XBox users?

The only other glitch I've seen is twice the game crashes and I go back to the XB Home screen, both times where sessions I joined, but then became session leader after the original leader left. The crash happens at the end of the setlist and only if I say 'return to green room'. May just be me, but wanted to share in case others have seen this too. Thanks again Harmonix for the fantastic update to online!

Edit: One other thing I remembered...
    I sign in to my XBO using the ION via the PDP Wired adapter, but the reccomended sessions for me always seem to show drums already filled. Not sure if it sees the PDP connected drums/pro drums as something different than drums? But it is annoying it recommends sessions where my instrument is not available. Quick Join has done the same, even after retrying a few minutes later and drums are still populated by the same user. (wasn't like the other player just got in there a second before me or something).
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Good job HMX!
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    I like updates
    thanks hmx
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Is this why no can connect?
  • uppyb0t said:

Is this why no can connect?

I think that's just XBL issues.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited March 14
    Gat dammit. Xbox status be red exclamatin

Edit: I just got a new edrum brain yesterday and have been fine tweaking it up to 30 mins ago. I’ve pulled off highscores and fc’s since. Are these lost now?

Extra Edit: Ewww another 8GB. There goes this rock out. I have friends on their way over, too :(
  • edited March 14

Hasn't this been a problem since Rock Band 3? I'm thinking it's a dead issue.
  • dllewel said:

Thank you for the quick fixes! These sound like great changes (love the Emotes in between songs!).

I am on XBox and seem to see shared songs by other users in sessions correctly, but I noticed just yesterday when I created my own session it showed only 89 songs on the session create screen. Not as big of an issue as those on PS4, but still something tied to 89 even for XBox users?

The only other glitch I've seen is twice the game crashes and I go back to the XB Home screen, both times where sessions I joined, but then became session leader after the original leader left. The crash happens at the end of the setlist and only if I say 'return to green room'. May just be me, but wanted to share in case others have seen this too. Thanks again Harmonix for the fantastic update to online!

Edit: One other thing I remembered...
    I sign in to my XBO using the ION via the PDP Wired adapter, but the reccomended sessions for me always seem to show drums already filled. Not sure if it sees the PDP connected drums/pro drums as something different than drums? But it is annoying it recommends sessions where my instrument is not available. Quick Join has done the same, even after retrying a few minutes later and drums are still populated by the same user. (wasn't like the other player just got in there a second before me or something).

It will show 89 songs until you, or someone else, enters and takes an instrument and then it will show how many songs that you/they have. Keeps adjusting according to members that join. Also I'm on same drum set-up (RB3 MIDI->PDP) and never have ran into that issue you're describing. It shows up as drums and everything works like it should. Quick join, hosting, etc

Thanks @Harmonix <3 and keep making it awesomer!!! :)

p.s. Xbox live was down? CST here and all was fine from 5-10 p.m.
  • Thanks <3 @Harmonix keep making the game more awesomer!!!

p.s. I'm not having the issues described above on Xbox or with PDP/MIDI drums?
    edited March 17
    I did not experience crashing tonight when changing leaders, so maybe that was just a fluke. However I did not see the option tonight while playing online to filter for just Rivals songs, even though I started the session as wanting to play Rivals Challenge songs. To my dismay I noticed after about a 15 songs I wasn’t getting any Rivals Challenge Contribution even though my friends were.

Also noticed Tom Sawyer (Original) isn’t part of the challenge but the cover version is?
  • dllewel said:

I did not experience crashing tonight when changing leaders, so maybe that was just a fluke. However I did not see the option tonight while playing online to filter for just Rivals songs, even though I started the session as wanting to play Rivals Challenge songs. To my dismay I noticed after about a 15 songs I wasn’t getting any Rivals Challenge Contribution even though my friends were.

Also noticed Tom Sawyer (Original) isn’t part of the challenge but the cover version is?

Thought that Tom Sawyer was a bit odd of an exception...
  • tragedy719tragedy719 Unsigned

Hasn't this been a problem since Rock Band 3? I'm thinking it's a dead issue.
    Nope. Pro drum lefty flip worked perfectly in RB3. Since RB4 started, so did the "glitch"
    It's pretty farked they seem to continue to ignore the fact it exists
    edited March 20
    Just happened again. Joined a session with Studdz, and then GrumbleVolcano and WailingJennigs joined. Played a couple of 4 song sets (Great JAM, thanks guys!) and then everyone but me had to go. I became the new session leader. Another guitarist joined right away and we selected and played a new 4 song set. When it was done I selected "Return to Green Room" and instant crash back to the home screen. Other players left are thinking 'What a jerk!" for me leaving suddenly with no thank you. :( Argh.

And the game recommends mostly sessions to me where it shows my instrument (drums) is already occupied. Not sure why it does that?

Lastly, yes we MUST have the Rivals Songs setting be mandatory and make a session badge to identify it (like they have for 'just for fun' / high scores, etc). The indicator could be the Rivals 'R' or something. If this can't be done, at least add another in game message under Requests, Songs, Pick Rivals Songs Only! (so we can let the offending player know if they didn't notice).

Aside form these 3 things, online mode is awesome! It's really a blast to play with others and it makes it easy to do so.
  • My buddy played rivals song Panama on Easy and got registered. I played it at harder levels a couple of times and it still is registering his much lower score! Is this a new bug?
  • Great...new RIvals week starts and I played the first song...finished with 5 stars...shows nothing on the screen under guitar next to the song...this is getting buggier!
  • Great...new RIvals week starts and I played the first song...finished with 5 stars...shows nothing on the screen under guitar next to the song...this is getting buggier!

That's not a bug, that's intentional. Freestyle Guitar = no good for Spotlight.

"In order to preserve leaderboards after discovering a scoring issue, we are temporarily disabling Freestyle Guitar Solo performances from submitting to scoring leaderboards(including Rivals Spotlight). FGS will still contribute to Rivals XP, Missions, and local score displays."
  • HMXOwl said:

Great...new RIvals week starts and I played the first song...finished with 5 stars...shows nothing on the screen under guitar next to the song...this is getting buggier!

"In order to preserve leaderboards after discovering a scoring issue, we are temporarily disabling Freestyle Guitar Solo performances from submitting to scoring leaderboards(including Rivals Spotlight). FGS will still contribute to Rivals XP, Missions, and local score displays."
    So now what?
    I was online last night and definitely noticed that the game wasn't recommending sessions any longer where drums were taken (Hooray). Did this just get fixed recently, maybe when the servers were down the other day?
  • Finally got online of the PS4 with a full band last night. It was an easier experience than some in the past, but still encountered a couple songs that wouldn't play and the dreaded disappearing OD on vocals appeared again later in the session. I've really been drawing a connection between this happening in sessions that last more than half an hour, but the exact songs and moments it occurs in is still random. It's not enough to keep me away from online all the time and overall I really enjoy the new update; especially matchmaking, but its occurrences can be a bit annoying as a vocalist.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned

the dreaded disappearing OD on vocals appeared again later in the session........ its occurrences can be a bit annoying as a vocalist.

I completely agree - OD takeaway coupled with 99% completion instead of FC is a very frustrating glitch for vocalist.

Harmonix, any word on a fix? Thanks
  • gaiacat said:

the dreaded disappearing OD on vocals appeared again later in the session........ its occurrences can be a bit annoying as a vocalist.

I completely agree - OD takeaway coupled with 99% completion instead of FC is a very frustrating glitch for vocalist.

Harmonix, any word on a fix? Thanks
    Yeah this has been happening to me more than I'd like to admit.
    And one time during Black Hole Sun it was making me "Miss" even though the circle was full. and eventually i was flashing red (No-Fail was on) and the ending screen said I only hit like 68% of the song even though I had a 4x throughout the entire song LOL
  • KainKain Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

How long is "temporarily" supposed to be, considering it was turned off four months ago and there have been several patches pushed since then, you'd think one of those patches would have fixed it by now. I can't tell you how many times I've played through a spotlight song and got zero score before realizing I forgot to turn Freestyle back off first.

While we're on the topic of such things, I would like to suggest that the game remembers instrument difficulty between settings. I always play Guitar/Bass on expert, so sometimes when I start the game up and I'm rushing though the song selection to get into playing, I'll forgot to move the difficult from Easy to Expert until it's too late. The game remembers your difficulty between songs, so why not save it between play sessions? After all, once we can play on Expert, why would we drop back down to playing on Easy?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Kain said:

HMXOwl said:

How long is "temporarily" supposed to be, considering it was turned off four months ago and there have been several patches pushed since then, you'd think one of those patches would have fixed it by now.
    A bug is a bug. It'll be fixed when they figure out how to fix it and make sure it doesn't break anything else in the process.
  • SadSandwichSadSandwich Unsigned
    So I tried Online this past weekend and I have to say it was pretty fun. Easy to browse lobbies. Easy to join and pick songs. Easy to see what people are going for skill wise and how many songs you share.

However, I own almost 400 songs, and I found that any lobby in which I share a lot of songs with (over 100 - 100 or less and I found we could only play on disc songs generally) restricted the lobby to either a crazy amount of shared songs (over 500) or to skill levels way above me (over 800 or 900, I am 750). This is more of a community thing I guess, but it was disappointing to see if I shared a lot of DLC with people, those people generally are looking for Expert only pros (I can generally play on Expert guitar/bass, but by no means 100% songs especially when people pick death metal) or people who buy ALL of the DLC, not just some.

I am generalizing here with my sessions just this weekend, could be an artifact of time I was on, day, etc. but on average this is what I found (once or twice I did manage to find a lobby with a couple DLC songs shared but it was rare). It reminded me a lot of trying to play RB3 online only to find no DLC shared or Expert shaming, which is why I never played online.

Still, it is a really great system when you find a good group. I wish you could have more than one local player form a lobby and have people join but otherwise it is well implemented.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited April 2
    As I understand it, these are the biggest reasons why one might benefit from playing in a full band with randoms:

1) to get that 1,000,000 points on a song trophy (if you are skilled enough to pull your own weight but don't know anyone else IRL that can help)
    2) to complete the Mission for playing SOMP online?
    3) it's fun for other reasons?

I guess I just don't get it, and because of that I feel left out / deeply flawed as a human being

I don't expect to get any seriously impressive full band high scores, and you can't taunt someone else's full band scores any way.
    I don't want to be the weak link, when everyone else in the band gets gold stars / FCs except me, being under that kind of pressure isn't fun. Switching to Hard = no chance at Band Gold Stars. Staying on Expert = I miss a lot of notes, including overdrive phases
    I feel just a bit silly for picking wuss songs [=anything not metal] when everyone else is picking death metal
    I don't want to play death metal 3/4 of the time

I DO have lots and lots of DLC, and I like to be helpful, so if you "need" to play a certain song, I probably have it. Hooray?
    I DO find it vaguely plausible that it would be more fun to grind out Rivals Challenge songs in a group. Even if it is a virtual group of anonymous strangers. But as I understand it, they haven't added this as a green room theme? Yet?
    I DO have no problem playing with people with lower skill ratings. Do they benefit from "getting to" play with a fairly decent player? Great!

Do people use chat much? Ever? How else do you get to know these people? Maybe I have too small of a sample size.
    I mean, I'm deeply shy around strangers, the odds of us all clicking immediately are pretty low, but isn't that the whole point? To have fun?

tl;dr I'm deeply shy around strangers, is that why I will never fully understand the joy that others get from playing online?