Played the updated online mode for the first time tonight

dinomandinoman Rising Star
All I really need to say is, great job HMX!

I am not really an online kinda guy when it comes to rhythm games, but decided to give it a try (haven't played online since about 2011)

I really like the way you guys integrated it into the new game.

TL:DR Great work on online mode, HMX!

Comments

• It absolutely is the best and definitive online mode for any Rock Band/Guitar Hero game. So many of my requests were implemented. They really tok their time and listened to the players when designing it.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    I'm yet to try it. Can you talk amongst yourselves and can you hear the person on vocals actually sing?

I'll have to give it a go!
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Graffin said:

I'm yet to try it. Can you talk amongst yourselves and can you hear the person on vocals actually sing?

@Graffin in the game you cannot hear the vocalist (or anyone else for that matter) and the only way to communicate is pre-made comments you can display. They are quite a few of them and very useful.

t
  • gaiacat said:

Graffin said:

@Graffin in the game you cannot hear the vocalist (or anyone else for that matter) and the only way to communicate is pre-made comments you can display. They are quite a few of them and very useful.

t
    It's just weird they don't have a message like "Good Bye"
  • Gorgeroth said:

gaiacat said:

Graffin said:

t
    They have "Gotta go!"
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    so how do you send the pre-selected comments?
  • djb5f1 said:

There's a "Send A Message" option on your instrument menu. Messages are grouped by category (greetings, status, etc.) and are assigned to a respective fret button.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 19
    djb5f1 said:

Press the start button (or equivalent to start) on your controller then select "Send a Message". You get lots of options split into categories (the bolded options). The current list has 4 messages with each sub-category (the options not bolded below):

General (Green)
    Greetings (Green)
    Results 1 (Yellow)
    Results 2 (Blue)
    Taunts (Orange)

Status (Yellow)
    Status (Green)
    Leaving (Yellow)

Requests (Blue)
    Players (Green)
    Instruments (Yellow)
    Songs (Blue)
    Other (Orange)

Answers (Orange)
    Answers 1 (Green)
    Answers 2 (Yellow)

To go back, press Red.
  • djb5f1 said:

Press the start button (or equivalent to start) on your controller then select "Send a Message". You get lots of options split into categories (the bolded options). The current list has 4 messages with each sub-category (the options not bolded below):

General (Green)
    Greetings (Green)
    Results 1 (Yellow)
    Results 2 (Blue)
    Taunts (Orange)

Status (Yellow)
    Status (Green)
    Leaving (Yellow)

Requests (Blue)
    Players (Green)
    Instruments (Yellow)
    Songs (Blue)
    Other (Orange)

Answers (Orange)
    Answers 1 (Green)
    Answers 2 (Yellow)

To go back, press Red.
    Grumble, do you (or anybody else) know the specific messages under these categories? I know some, but don't like to search around and keep people waiting.
  • KidSleez said:

Gorgeroth said:

gaiacat said:

Graffin said:

t
    They have "Gotta go!"
    And with that I want to reply, good bye! :)

• I'd like to see an option for "Please Don't Pick Avenged Sevenfold" :p

This is such a weird meme. Maybe I'm just really lucky, but after 50-100+ hours of online play in RB4 I've probably played <5 A7X songs. I play them so rarely I wouldn't mind people picking them more :P
  • Gorgeroth said:

I'd like to see an option for "Please Don't Pick Avenged Sevenfold" :p

This is such a weird meme. Maybe I'm just really lucky, but after 50-100+ hours of online play in RB4 I've probably played
    I think it actually goes back to RB2/RB3 online days. I'm pretty sure A7X was requested much more back then. I've played online quite a bit this go around and have only had Afterlife picked once as far as I remember. So either I'm lucky too or they aren't getting chosen as much these days.
  • Gorgeroth said:

I'd like to see an option for "Please Don't Pick Avenged Sevenfold" :p

This is such a weird meme. Maybe I'm just really lucky, but after 50-100+ hours of online play in RB4 I've probably played
    I've played Beast And The Harlot about twenty already LOL :# :p
  • So far I've seen Afterlife, Nightmare and Bat Country picked once each but expected more to be picked. Maybe putting "Wants to play Rivals Challenge songs" as a lobby preference reduces A7X being picked given they haven't been in an eligible challenge since early January (usually able to find 1 or 2 people who will pick challenge songs).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

So far I've seen Afterlife, Nightmare and Bat Country picked once each but expected more to be picked. Maybe putting "Wants to play Rivals Challenge songs" as a lobby preference reduces A7X being picked given they haven't been in an eligible challenge since early January (usually able to find 1 or 2 people who will pick challenge songs).

I have seen no correlation between “Wants to Play Rivals Challenge Songs” as a lobby preference and Rivals challenge songs actually being picked.

• dinomandinoman Rising Star
    This thread got of the rails quite quickly..
  • Gorgeroth said:

KidSleez said:

Gorgeroth said:

gaiacat said:

Graffin said:

t
    They have "Gotta go!"
    And with that I want to reply, good bye! :)

Ah yes, that would be helpful and courteous :)