DLC Discussion Thread: This One's for Graffin

HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 3/29: Milky Chance and Savage Garden!

The final week of March is upon us, and we’ve got songs from Milky Chance and Savage Garden to finish things off!

Milky Chance first began recording songs in a homemade studio and uploading them online while working on their eventual debut album Sadnecessary. "Stolen Dance" was their earliest release, soon hitting #1 in their home country of Germany and surrounding countries. This, along with increasing popularity from their online uploads, created an opportunity to release the single outside of Europe. "Stolen Dance" then began topping charts all over the world, from Austria to France to the UK and US. The vocals are sung with a unique style in this song, as prior listeners will know. It’s not crafted exclusively around the rhythm, and some of the pitch-work will surprise you. Guitar has some note-heavy parts we found lower in the mix, giving the chart some diversity.

Savage Garden's debut album Savage Garden premiered with lead single "I Want You" in the mid-'90s. A top 5 single on a trio of American Billboard charts, the song started a wave of success for the band and became a gold-certified single. Strong singles kept the album high on charts and resulted in a 7x platinum album in the US alone, and earning an ARIA Music Award in Australia for Highest Selling Album. The verses are sung fast, so you’ll need to have some solid breath control to make it through. A bit of swing in the song makes the strings more fun to play compared to standard beats. There’s even a short drum solo in the song!

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 5 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

• Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"
  • Savage Garden - "I Want You" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 5 Spotlight Pass)

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 29th.

Comments

• TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    Yes, I’ve been hoping for both, especially I Want You!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited March 27
    Once again, two songs I've wanted forever! Both are instantly bought, thanks HMX!

Also, I think I've requested both of these in the past. The request tool has been working wonders for me lately.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    Still no sight of the remaining RBVR songs...
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Chcka cherry cola
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I LOVE "Stolen Dance" I've requested it a lot!
    Super exciting week for me
  • I've never heard of either of these songs (have at least heard of Savage Garden, but not the other band), but they look alright.
  • Another disappointing DLC week with none of the 10 remaining RBVR songs appearing.

Surprised I Want You was picked for Savage Garden's debut in RB over Truly Madly Deeply (the song's still good though) and never heard of Milky Chance before now.
  • TehRoachTehRoach Unsigned
    Immediately thought of Bad Religion when I saw the word "Graffin" in the title.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Milky Chance is definitely not for me, but I may pick up Savage Garden, even if the guitar chart looks a bit wonky to play.
  • Stolen Dance came on as I was finishing work this afternoon and I randomly thought to myself, "man this would make an awesome edition to RB." 6 hours later, here we are.

Also I'm happy that we have another song from an Australian Artist in the game. Still waiting on Powderfinger, Crowded House and Gotye.

Thanks for a great week HMX. :)
  • God damn! It's weeks like this that make me forget about the missing VR songs. Me likey.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited March 27
    I've always kinda liked that Milky Chance song, will definitely be picking it up, though I don't expect the hardest of charts on it. Vocals should be great on it, however.

Also, personal shout-out to @Graffin for getting mentioned in the discussion thread title, who literally mentioned "Stolen Dance" in last week's discussion thread. You're famous!
    Graffin said:

How about Milky Chance's "Stolen Dance"? Please?

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    I will say, though, that we need more fun drums songs. Lately it's been mostly either basic rock rhythms, disco beats, or really repetitive electronic drums, and I feel we need a little bit more variation in there. More Rush is always welcome, and while playing RBN songs, I've caught on to the fact that Emo and Punk are also generally pretty fun on drums.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Fans of Milky Chance must be going nuts, I bet they didn't see this coming!

The Savage Garden track, I know that one, it's fine. Awaiting the reviews on how well it is mixed.

I don't remember ever seeing either of these songs appear in the "take a wild guess at what's coming out this month" threads but maybe I'm wrong?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    When I read Savage Garden, I wanted either TMD or To the Moon and Back.

Then I heard I Want You and had an "oh, THAT song" moment.

I still want TMD and TtMaB, but I didn't realize I Want You was Savage Garden.

As for Stolen Dance, I don't actually think I know it, but it looks fun to play.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Witticus said:

razor63 said:

Wait... when I saw the title, I Truly wanted a different track, one which I've been thinking Madly about. Then I saw which it was,and I was Deeply disappointed.

In terms of playability, I’m much happier they chose I Want You. But really Savage Garden should have had a pack.
    A lot of bands and artists we have gotten since rb4 released should have had a pack, unfortunately times have change and they seem pretty rare nowaday sadly
  • It looks like Harmonix must have watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventures on Crunchyroll (In case anyone doesn't know, I Want You was used as the ending credits song for the Diamond Is Unbreakable season). :)

Weekly Challenge Theme: Songs from British Commonwealth Countries
    - I Am Electric (Heaven's Basement)
    - I Want You (Savage Garden)
    - Limelight (Rush)
  • You can keep up with what I watch here: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ComplicitOwl
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I feel that Truly Madly Deeply is one of those that is big enough, if I Want You sells well we might see it in the future (a la Iris/Slide, Africa/Hold the Line, Time AFter Time/Girls Just Wanna Have Fun etc.).
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I'll put mine here as well (if that's not getting too tangential): https://myanimelist.net/profile/OkazakiTomoya
  • Greato daze