April 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Party Like It's NOT Your Birthday

Alright, let's do this. It's my birthday month and I'll post if I want to.

Post your predictions for this upcoming month's DLC here!

Comments

• And if you don't treat it like a Prediction Thread, it gets closed or moved to USL.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 27
    HMXOwl said:

And if you don't treat it like a Prediction Thread, it gets closed or moved to USL.

Reminder for the rest of you.
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    In the absence of hints as in these past handful of months, the only thing that can be reasonably treated as a prediction is the VR stuff finally coming, so is that saying this thread is inevitably moving?
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited March 27
    In April Cardi B. Thirty Seconds To Mars, Breaking Benjamin, Kimbra, A Perfect Circle, Pennywise, Godsmack and Janelle Monae are all releasing new albums, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them got a track as a promotion, though none of them are artists I'd personally be particularly excited for.

EDIT: And The Voidz new album comes out in a couple days! I just really don't see us getting any promo tracks for them unfortunately but with a new album release I guess it's technically more likely than ever.
  • HMXOwl said:

And if you don't treat it like a Prediction Thread, it gets closed or moved to USL.

I....was.
    I wasn't talking to you. ; )
  • Ok, I can’t tell sometimes in the Internet age.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Blessthefall just released a new album... I wish rbn was still around to get something from it, other than that I don't know what we will be getting but we seem to get a lot of long requested big hits from the 90's and sometimes older than that (like Joe Jackson) so if it keeps going in that direction, i'm happy with what we get
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    April's my birth month as well, so I AM gonna party like it's my birthday. Because it will be.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited March 27
    I predict April showers will bring May flowers!!

I also predict we will see some more pop and some more rock.

Another song by Lorde will appear since she's on tour. (her show was absolutely amazing btdubs)

Another song by B.T.O. will appear because we ain't seen nothing yet.

And we will see something from the 90's.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited March 27
    Week 1 - Celebrating Virtue's album release
    "Instant Crush" by Daft Punk ft. Julian Casablancas
    "Last Nite" by The Strokes
    "Leave It In My Dreams" by The Voidz (S)

Week 2 - Vampire Weekend Pack 01 (Based on A-Punk in Dropmix)
    "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend (R)
    "Diane Young" by Vampire Weekend
    "White Sky" by Vampire Weekend (S)

Week 3 - Mixed Singles (clean-up week for artsists with recentish album releases without DLC)
    "Highway Tune" by Greta Van Fleet (S)
    "The Man" by The Killers
    "Rose-Colored Boy" by Paramore

Week 4 - Pre-2003 Alternative (Because that seems to be the thing)
    "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals
    "How Bizarre" by O.M.C. (S)
    "Desert Rose" by Sting

The only honestly wholly unreal prediction is having more than 2 songs each week, but as per usual my predictions very rarely are accurate.
  • As a pattern of '90's songs seems to be revealed this current season, I would expect/hope to see this continue in April. Savage Garden's other hit "Truly Madly Deeply" seems a good candidate, as well as popular request "Far Behind" by Candlebox. Remembering the decade myself, since we're digging into top songs of the era, I would also say "Touch, Peel and Stand" by Days of the New, "Good" from Better Than Ezra and "Save Yourself" from Stabbing Westward could be in the running. From the Grunge genre, there are still Alice in Chains singles like "Sea of Sorrow" and "Bleed the Freak" to consider. Finally, thinking towards Bloodstone tier, TLC and Boyz II Men come to mind from a vocals POV. As long as it's not Michael Bolton! :p
  • Finesse by Bruno Mars needs to happen already
    Make Me Feel by Janelle Monáe would be nice.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Make Me Feel by Janelle Monáe would be nice.

I was just listening to that in another tab when I read this! Yeah, that seems the frontrunner of this year's singles - and about the closest thing to a Prince song we may ever get.
  • After this week's announcement being entitled "DLC Discussion Thread: This One's for Graffin", can we predict future weeks serving distinct community members' most often requested bearhan... er bands? Or would that result in exile to USL? I'm unclear what Owl's warning means. The difference between an unclued prediction thread and a USL thread is pretty nebulous.

Last year spawned a bunch of birthday USL threads so maybe something to do with making sure this thread doesn't become like those?

Or maybe HMX has big plans for PAX East and those plans may lead to this thread getting derailed?
  • Predicting we get another Savage Garden song. Also, some Backstreet Boys or N'SYNC. Far Behind this month...please? And I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. And some other stuff I'm not guessing right now but would be wrong about anyway.
  • edited March 27

After this week's announcement being entitled "DLC Discussion Thread: This One's for Graffin", can we predict future weeks serving distinct community members' most often requested bearhan... er bands? Or would that result in exile to USL? I'm unclear what Owl's warning means. The difference between an unclued prediction thread and a USL thread is pretty nebulous.

Last year spawned a bunch of birthday USL threads so maybe something to do with making sure this thread doesn't become like those?

Or maybe HMX has big plans for PAX East and those plans may lead to this thread getting derailed?
    Or you all spent all of March guessing random things that had no time-relevant aspects and just having regular conversation. The only thing that's ever kept this out of USL is basing it in something and not making it a wishlist, so don't treat it like one.
  • edited March 27
    Here's my predictions.

4/5: Singles (Theme: April Showers)
    - America - Horse With No Name (Spotlight Pass Song (Mentions Rain in the lyrics)
    - The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park, and Other Things

4/12: Singles (Theme: Coachella 2018)
    - Eminem - Lose Yourself (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - The Weeknd - I Feel It Coming (ft. Daft Punk)

4/19: Singles (Theme: National Pet Month)
    - Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - Harry Chapin - Cat's in the Cradle

4/26: Japanese Rock Pack (Reason: The Week is before Golden Week, which is a japanese Holiday)
    - Babymetal - Megitsune
    - One OK Rock - Taking Off
    - X Japan - Silent Jealousy (Spotlight Pass Song)
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I like this pattern of songs I like, but kind of forgot existed over the past several weeks. So nothing super relevant, but still likeable enough you may have heard it on the radio 15-20 years ago... Also the band has never been in Rock Band, hmmm.

2000s Prediction Week 1
    American Hi-Fi - Flavor of the Week
    SR-71 - Right Now

1990s Prediction Week 2
    Oleander - Why I’m Here
    Sugar - A Good Idea

1980s Prediction Week 3
    Concrete Blonde - Still in Hollywood
    Green River - Swallow My Pride

1970s Prediction Week 4
    Dwight Twilley Band - Looking for the Magic
    Sparks - Tryouts for the Human Race
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 27
    I get ENRAGED when people guess more than 3 songs for any one week, or more than 10 new songs for the month, or they keep guessing the same artist over and over again every week [especially if that artist hasn't appeared in Rock Band for years, or ever], it's so unrealistic! But that's my fault for being allergic to People With Outrageous Expectations.

I think the only true "violations" are posts that openly state, "hey, here's my dream 10-pack from the artist mentioned in the last post", and then the next page of posts are mostly Dream 10 Packs. There's a place for Dream 10 Packs, and it's not here!

Oh, so that I stay on topic, I guess I have to guess some tracks now, something realistic. Uh, OK, here goes:

4/5: Modern Rock
    Turn Out The Lights - Julien Baker
    Sign of the Times - Harry Styles

4/12: Modern Pop
    Wait - Maroon 5
    Issues - Julia Michaels

4/19: 2006 All Over Again!
    Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
    How to Save a Life - The Fray

4/26: Country
    I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
    What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
  • HMXOwl said:

After this week's announcement being entitled "DLC Discussion Thread: This One's for Graffin", can we predict future weeks serving distinct community members' most often requested bearhan... er bands? Or would that result in exile to USL? I'm unclear what Owl's warning means. The difference between an unclued prediction thread and a USL thread is pretty nebulous.

Or you all spent all of March guessing random things that had no time-relevant aspects and just having regular conversation. The only thing that's ever kept this out of USL is basing it in something and not making it a wishlist, so don't treat it like one.
    I must admit, I have no idea what we're supposed to base our predictions on, which then makes me wonder what the point of these threads even is. I'll give it a go though so...

Err, we seem to have had quite a lot of stuff from the 90s and early 2000s as of late, so I reckon that trend will probably continue for the first couple of weeks of the month but start to drop off for more older songs going forward? Not sure how to be more specific without going full wishlist... and I already have a thread for wishlisting.

I wonder what the people who don't get the references think. I can't help thinking it Vexus them.
  • So, we need *reasons* for our predictions now, eh?

Decided to looks up some international holidays matching the days of DLC released. Because reasons.

Thursday, April 5: it's Arbor Day in South Korea!
    ---
    Rush - The Trees (Vault edition) (rewind)
    The Cure - A Forest (spotlight)
    Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

Yes, please. PLEASE!
  • @Vexus Listing exact songs you think will come each week is fine. As for things you can base predictions on, there's plenty of which here's a few:
    - Recent HMX game has songs not on the main RB platform
    - Recent DLC trends
    - Big hits missing in RB
    - New album releases
    - Popular TV show, anime or movie has songs not in RB

The list goes on.

Take my predictions above for example. The reasoning behind those are the recent 90s DLC trend and also I still believe that the entirety of Rock Band VR's setlist will be eventually playable in RB4.
  • edited March 27

You have no idea how much I'd love to be the person doing a week like that. Metal, new wave, and prog for everyone!

Anyways, I just predict RBVR stuff and more '90's/2000's pop-rock and alternative and stuff. I think "Unsung" by Helmet's likely, though.
This discussion has been closed.