• My week is going to be Bowie for sure :D

You guys are welcome <3
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Lou Bega month!

April 5

Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5

Uh...
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Think we are getting The Game by Motorhead. Why? Because RB4 is a game. As good as any other “prediction” I figure, let’s make it happen!
  • djb5f1 said:

Think we are getting The Game by Motorhead. Why? Because RB4 is a game. As good as any other “prediction” I figure, let’s make it happen!

I'll go one step further to fit more with the type of DLC we've been getting, how about The Cardigans' My Favourite Game?

Sure everyone would be expecting Lovefool first but we also expected Savage Garden's debut to be Truly Madly Deeply.
  • djb5f1 said:

Along with "Love It or Hate It" by The Game and 50 Cent?
  • Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

Along with "Love It or Hate It" by The Game and 50 Cent?
    I'd actually "Love It" :)
  • Corey Heart - Sunglasses At Night

Why don't we have this yet, actually? Of all of the '80's mullet rock songs that aren't by a major act, that seems like an odd absence.

Then again, there are plenty of songs that could fall into that category, but I digress.
  • coolkat said:

Corey Heart - Sunglasses At Night

Why don't we have this yet, actually? Of all of the '80's mullet rock songs that aren't by a major act, that seems like an odd absence.

Then again, there are plenty of songs that could fall into that category, but I digress.
    I feel the same way. One seemingly glaring omission comes to mind and then I almost instantly think of 5 more songs that can also be categorized like that!
  • edited March 28
    Fun Fact: Oasis was originally called the Rain when it was first formed, and that was before Liam Gallagher joined the band.
    Wikipedia said:

Oasis evolved from an earlier band called the Rain, composed of Paul McGuigan (bass guitar), Paul Arthurs (guitar), Tony McCarroll (drums) and Chris Hutton (vocals). Unsatisfied with Hutton, Arthurs invited and auditioned acquaintance Liam Gallagher as a replacement. Liam suggested that the band name be changed to Oasis. This change was inspired by an Inspiral Carpets tour poster that hung in the Gallagher brothers' bedroom. One of the venues the poster listed was the Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon.

But these are all nice predictions, especially @EliBell1's predictions of incorporating the theme of April Showers into his prediction for April. I would love to have the original Venus by Shocking Blue, as well as the cover by Bananarama. :)
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited March 28
    Damn. I thought my Grilled Cheese Day gag would at least win the day. But no, it has been flipped and cooked by the more sumptuous feast above.
  • Don't worry @thatmarkguy . I appreciate that you brought the food to the party. <3 <3
  • 5/4: Random Singles:
    -IDGAF - Dua Lipa
    -The Way - Fastball (Spotlight)

12/4: RBVR Singles:
    -Grand Canyon - The Wind and the Wave
    -Church Bells - Carrie Underwood (Spotlight

19/4: Maroon 5 03:
    -Harder To Breathe (Spotlight)
    -Maps
    -She Will Be Loved

26/4: 00s/80's Singles
    -It's Tricky - Run DMC (Spotlight)
    -Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Damn, is it too late to add Skillet to Bread and Big Cheese? What I've got there is just a cold cheese sandwich.

#FirstDraftJohnnyBlazesSongs
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Hypnotize by System of a Down

I predict that this won't happen. ;)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I've convinced myself (if no one else) that the only posts that go over the line into Fantasy Set Lists are the ones that list off 10 songs by the same artist (none of which have anywhere close to a million plays on Spotify) for each of the 4 weeks. Or any of the 4 weeks.

OF COURSE these are all going to be wild guesses, as long as we aren't given any clues. The only clue we have is "previous RB4 DLC patterns, heavily weighted towards the past year". No complete albums. No more than ~10 songs in a month (not counting special indie free packs like KROQ). Probably songs that have a lot of plays on Spotify.

Other than that? Have fun! Are the songs likely to be themed around Grilled Cheese Day? No. But those guesses are more likely than guessing [artist deleted][you know what I'm talking about though].
    Watch it with those thoughts. They may be contagious.
  • edited March 28

I predict April showers will bring May flowers!!

4/5: Singles (Theme: April Showers)
    - America - Horse With No Name (Spotlight Pass Song (Mentions Rain in the lyrics)
    - The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park, and Other Things

I just realized I stole your all's theme. I'd honestly only skimmed the thread prior to making my prediction, so it wasn't intentional, I swear!

Great minds think alike, right?

Damn. I thought my Grilled Cheese Day gag would at least win the day. But no, it has been flipped and cooked by the more sumptuous feast above.

A Grilled Cheese Day related DLC week seems more likely than the whacky reasoning I had behind my predictions.

January* had New Year's Day, February had Valentine's Day, and March had International Women's Day, so I can see holiday related weeks continuing to be a thing each month.

Edit: *Technically December DLC though.
  • edited March 29
    KidSleez said:

Predicting we get another Savage Garden song. Also, some Backstreet Boys or N'SYNC. Far Behind this month...please? And I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. And some other stuff I'm not guessing right now but would be wrong about anyway.

+1 on The Proclaimers.
  • The last time I was astounded by massive amounts of people here not recognizing a song I thought was ubiquitous... was The Proclaimers’ “I’m On My Way”.

Uh huh
    Uh huh
    Uh huh
    Uh huh

You wouldn't happen to be Scottish, would you?
    edited March 29
    Vexus said:

The last time I was astounded by massive amounts of people here not recognizing a song I thought was ubiquitous... was The Proclaimers’ “I’m On My Way”.

Uh huh
    Uh huh
    Uh huh
    Uh huh

You wouldn't happen to be Scottish, would you?
    No, Canadian. But there are some strange ways Scottish artists hit it big here. Banners gets played on Canadian radio so much I assumed he was Canadian.

No wait, Banners is English. I confuse myself. Ok, ‘Canadian radio overplays random UK artists for no discernible reason’.
  • The last time I was astounded by massive amounts of people here not recognizing a song I thought was ubiquitous... was The Proclaimers’ “I’m On My Way”.

Uh huh
    Uh huh
    Uh huh
    Uh huh

Well, its very obvious to me if not everyone now that no one can assume someone else should have heard a song and if you haven't heard a particular song that shouldn't reflect negatively on you. :D What is not obvious to me though since I have only visited this site 88 times is... What the heck is a USL Thread? User.... uh Sss... uh Suggested... L.. La... Llamas?
  • What the heck is a USL Thread? User.... uh Sss... uh Suggested... L.. La... Llamas?

Your Ultimate Setlist Thread.
  • USL is the forum that exists for people to scream their wishlists (Your Ultimate Setlist) into the void.

When Rock Band was huge, a problem with any forum or social media channel was that dozens to hundreds of users a day would post their “I wish these songs were in rock band” posts. Since they tended to actually drive comparatively little discussion and so were creating forum noise without actual forum dialogue, they were exiled to a distinct forum - people interested in one another’s wish lists could read them there but people who weren’t interested in the death metal top 172 requests from random internetizens wouldn’t see those posts clogging up discussion boards.

Nowadays it’s a little more blurry. Activity isn’t so high that wish lists would be such a noise generator, the community is now pretty tight knit and we’d be prone to actually care about the song preferences of our fellow participating forumgoers. And a thread like this often causes people to just post the songs they wish for. Which makes Crusty Old Dean Owl get testy.

As far as I can tell the only people who even post their song suggestions regularly are @FritzyKatz and myself, and while we do have our own preferred genres we're both post songs of a variety of genres and levels of realism. That's not to say that there aren't other threads in USL (I've been abbreviating it as YUS until now, incidentally) but other than us there's one where people suggest songs for @LiveHomeVideo to tier, a forum game, a general "more metal" thread and the occasional single band post that gets added/bumped.

Please come into our threads and give it a look, people. It gets lonely in there. :(
This discussion has been closed.