April 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Party Like It's NOT Your Birthday

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited March 29
    04/05

Spandau Ballet - "Gold" (04/05/1933 was when President Roosevelt outlawed the hoarding of gold).
    N.E.R.D. - "Rockstar" (Pharrell Williams' birthday).

04/12

Everclear - "Wonderful" (Art Alexakis' birthday).
    Panic! At The Disco - "Emperor's New Clothes" (Brendon Urie's birthday).

04/19

Gotye - "Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)" (04/19/1839 was the day when Belgium was established as a Kingdom).
    Men At Work - "Who Can It Be Now?" (04/19/1984 was the day Australia proclaimed a new national anthem, and it was surprisingly not Down Under).

04/26

Berlin - "Take My Breath Away" (Girogio Moroder's birthday).
    Duran Duran - "Save a Prayer" (Roger Taylor's birthday).

Well, I tried.
  • Seems like us April Showers people were on to something after seeing this week's Rivals theme. Though I doubt Harmonix is going to spread that theme across the entirety of April's DLC releases. :(
  • Actually...May....Flowers.

FLOWERS.

Ya get it? Ya get it?
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited March 29

Well, it's time to get Robert Planting.

He’s not The Man...but you won’t have to Run For Cover from that Human.

Fortunately, we’re not Losing Touch so as long as people focus on All The Pretty Faces, Miss Atomic Bomb (she goes by Jenny, who was a Friend of Mine) and the Runaways won’t be noticed.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    coolkat said:

Actually...May....Flowers.

FLOWERS.

Ya get it? Ya get it?

The first time I read this I thought of Greta Van Fleet's 'Flower Power.'

If we can't get Zep, might as well get them!
    We already have Lonely is the Night. How much more Zeppelin do we really need??
  • April showers bring Wallflowers? One Headlight confirmed? :p
  • April showers bring "(Nothing But) Flowers" by Talking Heads, confirmed.
  • April showers bring Wildflowers (Tom Petty confirmed?) :)
  • Maybe some wishful thinking here on my part, but I predict at least prog making a return this month. It's been almost a year since the last song we got from that genre.

Week of April 5th: Prog your socks!
    • Yes - Changes
    • Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes (Spotlight Pass)
    Week of April 12th: Cover your ears, purists!
    • Faith No More - Easy
    • Ugly Kid Joe - Cats In The Cradle (Spotlight Pass)
    Week of April 19th: U missed them 2, right?
    • U2 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    • U2 - With Or Without You (Spotlight Pass)
    • U2 - Mysterious Ways
    Week of April 26th: Heroes and villains
    • The Killers - Runaways
    • Family Of The Year - Hero (Spotlight Pass)
  • The most likely U2 3 pack would probably be:
    Beautiful Day
    With or Without You
    Mysterious Ways/New Year's Day/[insert single from Songs of Experience]

But honestly I don't see a smaller pack happening if they do return to RB, same with Aerosmith and Van Halen.
  • patl175 said:

U2 could definitely have a 6-8 pack without even going into deeper cuts, that would be nice to have another big pack of them someday soon

Of course the nature of the spotlight pass complicates big packs so it would fit best either in a season with no spotlight pass or a Rivals break week (season 3 got close to being cheaper to ignore the spotlight pass, maybe it even was if you didn't have the RB1 and RB3 exports).
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Here comes my prediction, probably untrue as usual but wherever possible I try to include likely content and not just stuff from my personal wishlist.

Off The Charts

"Be The One" - DuaLipa
    (Even though this song has been out a while it still gets huge airplay)

"Blinded By Your Grace (Part 2)" - Stormzy feat. MNEK
    (before you mock this does actually have an electric guitar buried in this song.)

"In My Blood" - Shawn Mendes
    (We already have 3 of his other hit singles in this game, this would be highly likely to happen)

Spring has begun so I can imagine also a week being dedicated to songs with a positive mood.

"Beautiful Day" - U2
    (Been a while since we've had songs from this band but this seems like the next most likely to appear)

"Good Enough" - Dodgy
    (Just lately the months have been peppered with 90's songs so I reckon this, Ordinary World (Duran Duran) or MMMBop (Hanson) will be equally as likely)

I also expect the following highly likely top appear:

"True Faith" - New Order
    (We got Bizzare Love Triangle last April, but also this is in my opinion New Orders biggest hit not yet on Rock Band, and probably their best).

"Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO
    (Already have "Party Rock Anthem" in the RB library, and this song is currently licensed for Dropmix)

"Temprature" - Sean Paul
    (Would be Sean Paul's first song in Rock Band as a lead vocalist he is in 1 or 2 songs providing backing) and again this song is currently licensed in Dropmix). Licensing wise this is probably the biggest hit he had that would appear in Rock Band, I believe his earlier songs were basically rapping over the top of other peoples "Riddims".)

• I myself would prefer Age of Consent if we were going to get more New Order.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    V8VANTAGE said:

Here comes my prediction, probably untrue as usual but wherever possible I try to include likely content and not just stuff from my personal wishlist.

Off The Charts

"Be The One" - DuaLipa

Unless you think it's so popular that licensing costs would be out of budget, I don't know how "New Rules" wouldn't be the Dua Lipa pick for an Off the Charts pack.

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 1
    SmashMan said:

V8VANTAGE said:

Off The Charts

"Be The One" - DuaLipa

Unless you think it's so popular that licensing costs would be out of budget, I don't know how "New Rules" wouldn't be the Dua Lipa pick for an Off the Charts pack.

Maybe the Imagine Dragons approach where the less big (but still big) song comes in an Off the Charts pack and the other bigger song comes a few months later as a standalone single?

EDIT: Looking at the charts on wiki, Be The One didn't even chart in the US.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

SmashMan said:

V8VANTAGE said:

Off The Charts

"Be The One" - DuaLipa

Maybe the Imagine Dragons approach where the less big (but still big) song comes in an Off the Charts pack and the other bigger song comes a few months later as a standalone single?

Maybe. I don't necessarily think Imagine Dragons are the standard here. I think there's more evidence than not in Rock Band's history that would indicate that we'd get the artist's biggest song. This is not true for everyone (obviously), but it's probably an even higher probability for someone like Dua Lipa who, if her music was ever available, would likely be a one-and-done release.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    SmashMan said:

SmashMan said:

V8VANTAGE said:

Off The Charts

"Be The One" - DuaLipa

Maybe. I don't necessarily think Imagine Dragons are the standard here. I think there's more evidence than not in Rock Band's history that would indicate that we'd get the artist's biggest song. This is not true for everyone (obviously), but it's probably an even higher probability for someone like Dua Lipa who, if her music was ever available, would likely be a one-and-done release.
    I’d have to agree. We’ve had many artists over the past few years of two song weeks that in Rock Bands heyday would probably have been a pack. A good example is Hozier whom has a string of songs over 100 million listens on Spotify, but we simply got Take Me to Church.

We’re most likely to get an artists top hit now and their next biggest later. Some exceptions have happened, but overall we can probably expect the biggest song we don’t have by an artist.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    You take that orchid and turn it blue
  • GSR-18GSR-18 Unsigned
    April showers bring......Wildflower by the Cult?
  • Wait, if April showers bring May flowers, and the pilgrims arrived in the New World aboard the Mayflower, this is clearly a sign I need to get to work finishing the writing of and start recording my unfinished song "Metal Pilgrims" .-.
This discussion has been closed.