Will Online get an Update for Multiple Instruments on the same console?

Nixing the multiple instruments on the same console (even with two different profiles) on online play is perplexing. The other Rock Band games already had this feature, and multiplayer online games dominate the industry. Is there an upcoming update to fix this issue, or is this not seen as an issue?

Comments

• I’m guessing what is making this really hard is that the gh instruments don’t work well with (at least on psn) the user system of the ps4.
    Thinking even some rb legacy instruments have this issue too.

However I’ve been voting for this feature and album headers everytime there is a survey/poll etc.

Let’s hope to see it soon!
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    that is the zillion dollar as yet unanswered question
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    it's the only thing keeping me from playing >_>
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I thought I read that this was "on the list" and should be coming in a future update. With no promise of when, of course, but supposedly being worked on?
  • I thought I read that this was "on the list" and should be coming in a future update. With no promise of when, of course, but supposedly being worked on?

Nada. The only list we've talked about is 'things people would like', which has about eight billion things and has no bearing on development whatsoever.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    :'(

Can you ask about adding it to the next update for us, Derek?
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

I thought I read that this was "on the list" and should be coming in a future update. With no promise of when, of course, but supposedly being worked on?

Nada. The only list we've talked about is 'things people would like', which has about eight billion things and has no bearing on development whatsoever.
    this is the closest they have ever come giving an acknowledgment of this item. (that I have ever seen at least)
    whether it be yay or nay
    and yet its cleverly disguised as no answer still :wink:
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    I have a feeling that there is some kind of complication with one or both platforms that makes this difficult and/or impossible to support... If it was a no-brainer, I'd think it would have been included day one.

Yes, prior games had it, but those were different consoles.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    split-screen and same screen co-op still exists in both mixed online/offline, online and offline in many games and multiple profiles are still supported and on top of that, you can have multiple players off-line co-op so I see no real reason it's not a thing... unless it's literally something HMX screwed up on their end that makes it impossible to implement but even that seems unlikely...