DLC Discussion Thread: Run in the Sun

Comments

• I read "Steal My Sunshine" as "Walking on Sunshine" and got very confused
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    If this had come out even a few months ago I probably wouldn’t have bought it... but I gotta say Steal My Sunshine after many years of being lodged into my head has finally won me over and it will be a proud purchase of mine.

Pass on the Blues Traveler though
  • edited April 3
    I legitimately might have to pass on "Run-Around" if they charted harmonica to guitar again. The harmonica solo in "Hook" is the most un-fun thing I've ever had the displeasure to play in RB. Absolutely nightmarish and the #1 reason I'm against alt-charting in general.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. The OP states there are 3 harmonica solos charted to guitar. Looks like a definite pass then.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Len's steal my sunshine was on my wishlist ever since i saw it is in dropmix so YAY! For that one but bummed that its not the spotlight one, i have never heard of the blues traveler song, was it big outside of US? I live in Canada and never heard it before
  • White_PawZWhite_PawZ Road Warrior
    This is an AMAZING week!

We were just saying a few weeks ago how cool it would be to get "Steal My Sunshine" and we have wanted "Run Around" since we got "Hook"

DLC has been great lately due to all the classic rock and 90's stuff! Keep it coming!
  • KKFan5 said:

Steal My Sunshine should have stems since it's in Dropmix

V8VANTAGE said:

I knew one song would be a 90's song relating to seasons/weather/mood, just got the song wrong. It's a pleasant surprise, but for sure won't have proper separation unless LEN acquired the session multitracks from Andrea True Connection. For those who don't know it's based upon a 5 second sample from "More, More, More".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure "Steal My Sunshine" only appeared in DropMix in the form of the vocals part. So it'll have vocals separate from the instrumentation, but the instruments will be DIY.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    patl175 said:

Len's steal my sunshine was on my wishlist ever since i saw it is in dropmix so YAY! For that one but bummed that its not the spotlight one, i have never heard of the blues traveler song, was it big outside of US? I live in Canada and never heard it before

Yeah, Blues Traveler is one of the bands that CanCon squished out pretty good. Run-Around was listed as the #14 song in its year in the US (Billboard), and the #97 song in its year in Canada (RPM).
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

So, what was everyone's immediate thought when they read the thread title but before opening the thread?

The Killers - Run for Cover
    Sheryl Crow - Soak Up the Sun

Brain went to Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" first, but rational thought made a quick veto.
    Bryan Adams' "Run To You" should have come to mind, but didn't right away.

I was personally disappointed Run the Jewels and Empire of the Sun were not the combo.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Witticus said:

So, what was everyone's immediate thought when they read the thread title but before opening the thread?

Brain went to Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" first, but rational thought made a quick veto.

I was personally disappointed Run the Jewels and Empire of the Sun were not the combo.
    Just saw Run the Jewels as they are touring with Lorde. They totally took me by surprise.
  • I knew it was going to be tough vocals this week. Still, "Run Around" is a very welcome challenge and addition to my collection of '90's songs. "Steal My Sunshine" however, is a '90's song I'd rather forget.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Was hoping for People of the Sun (RAtM) for the Sun part.

• SadSandwichSadSandwich Unsigned
    Ah the Blues Traveler song I actually wanted and a song so 90's I can't not buy it.

Good week!
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

(But let's get some more Sheryl Crow in here, stat.)

Just requested It Don't Hurt from The Globe Sessions. We'll never get it but I'm listening right now and it'd be a GREAT rock band track. I mean I'd take almost anything off the The Globe Sessions/Sheryl Crow/Tuesday Night Music Club...

/backtothethreadtopic

• Well, this week is not for me. I've already got the Blues Traveler song I wanted and it's a definite no to Len.

This season has been pretty light on fun guitar stuff (I'm not counting this alt-charted harmonica). Hoping for more in the last few weeks.
  • So, what was everyone's immediate thought when they read the thread title but before opening the thread?

Bruce Springsteen: "Born to Run"
    Sunn O))): "It Took the Night To Believe"

Or something.
  • Vexus said:

Or something.
    Sunn O))) would be ridiculous but awesome
  • So, what was everyone's immediate thought when they read the thread title but before opening the thread?

I check the blog before the discussion thread as that appears first but if I did end up noticing the thread title first instead, my immediate thought would've been:

Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things"
    Sheryl Crow - "Soak Up the Sun"
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Vexus said:

Or something.
    Both of these songs would be my favorite DLC of the year, no kidding
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 3
    Man, I shoulda thought of Born to Run. I think my brain was in "Songs that begin with Run and songs that end with Sun" mode, didn't consider things that end in Run or begin with Sun.

A late contender: Carly Rae Jepsen's "Run Away With Me".

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I FINALLY started playing Rocksmith again, so now I get to play that Sheryl Crow pack that I bought 11 months ago. Including "Soak Up The Sun". Which I imagine everyone is requesting on the official Rock Band Request Page right now.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

I FINALLY started playing Rocksmith again, so now I get to play that Sheryl Crow pack that I bought 11 months ago. Including "Soak Up The Sun". Which I imagine everyone is requesting on the official Rock Band Request Page right now.

And I imagine that, while they're at it, they're also giving some love to "Everyday is a Winding Road".
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Well the title of this week's thread has the word "SUN" in it. But, yeah, that song is a good one too!
  • Anyone want to predict (if) the next time we get 3 songs instead of 2?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Nice, a 90s song that doesn't sound like 100 other 90s songs!

I'm serious, no snark! :)
  • My first thoughts were

"Run" by Collective Soul
    "Soak Up The Sun" by Sheryl Crow
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Anyone want to predict (if) the next time we get 3 songs instead of 2?

One of the last weeks ever for Rock Band DLC.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior

Also, when we got "Hook" as Rock Band DLC, John Popper came up in conversation with one of my friends the night before the announcement. And last night, that same friend played "Run-Around" on his weekly radio show. Coincidence???

As if this wasn't enough, I just heard "Hook" at the dentist's office.

This needs to stop.