DLC Discussion Thread: Run in the Sun

1235

Comments

  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited April 5

    Run-Around has full stems and Steal My Sunshine has partial stems (guitar during the chorus and outro & vocals are separated, everything else is DIY).

    That’s not too bad sounding considering.

    @uppyb0t That's the problem I had earlier with Run-Around. If you have the spotlight pass you can delete the affected Run-Around file by searching for the spotlight pass in the store, selecting manage, press the start button and then uninstall. Not sure how much that'll help as I had no problems with Steal My Sunshine.

    I’ll wait until I get home to try. Hopefully something will happen in the meantime. Perhaps LEN is hung up due to BT being stuck.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Obviously they're trying to hoard all the sunshine for themselves.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    Witticus said:

    Obviously they're trying to hoard all the sunshine for themselves.

    They must be busy walking on it
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited April 5

    coolkat said:

    Heck, you know what? I wouldn't really mind alt-charting and a lot of my distaste for it would go away if you could unlock a keytar for use by your guitarist.

    IRL, I just stomp on a pedal to give me something weird sounding out of my guitar for those parts when there is no keyboardist. (Or let's be honest, when *I* want to play those parts instead of the keyboardist!)

    So just pretend like you stomped an effects pedal and, viola, you are back in the immersion!
    or better yet, pretend your guitar has a MIDI pickup plugged into a guitar synth.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Anytime, I see the words “House”, “Rising”, or “Sun”, I get my hopes up for a certain song. Maybe one day!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    It's not like superfluous charting contributed to Guitar Hero not having as loyal an audience as the more authentic Rock Band, or anything...

    Oh, wait.
  • I disagree, go play The Scientist and tell me you wouldn't rather be hitting something on guitar during the 30 measure long piano build up. Somebody's playing it, nobody in your band has been assigned it and you're just sitting there, so why not you?
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    uppyb0t said:

    Run-Around has full stems and Steal My Sunshine has partial stems (guitar during the chorus and outro & vocals are separated, everything else is DIY).

    That’s not too bad sounding considering.

    @uppyb0t That's the problem I had earlier with Run-Around. If you have the spotlight pass you can delete the affected Run-Around file by searching for the spotlight pass in the store, selecting manage, press the start button and then uninstall. Not sure how much that'll help as I had no problems with Steal My Sunshine.

    I’ll wait until I get home to try. Hopefully something will happen in the meantime. Perhaps LEN is hung up due to BT being stuck.
    Both notifications popped up when I turned on my Xbox just now.

    Tiles are still blank in Recently Installed, but I’m sure they’ll arrive in time.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 5
    LeCH24 said:

    It's not like superfluous charting contributed to Guitar Hero not having as loyal an audience as the more authentic Rock Band, or anything...

    Oh, wait.

    It was more to do with the fact that they kept releasing multiple games a year, and the quality really drug down after a while, much moreso than the fact that alt-charting (a thing since GH1, an HMX game) was present, I feel. In fact, most people I know personally aren't even bothered by alt-charting, and some find it weird when they can't play a keyboard solo or whatever.
  • I'd rather someone think it's weird that they can't play those harmonica solos in "Run-Around" but ultimately still end up getting a fun guitar chart than me wanting a purely guitar-only chart but instead getting a bunch of unplayable garbage.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    A case where “I want it that way” doesn’t give you anything but a heartache
  • I mean the Backstreet Boys did tell us what way they wanted it.

    Ps. Get on that Backstreet Boy pack Harmonix ;) haha
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    Backstreet’s back? Alright!
  • Even if alt-charting is an unequivocally good idea in some songs like The Scientist, but actually bad when a guitar is present yet not played: I think we got the better version of Run-Around as is. We can still get a good feel for the main riff, as it is played quite a bit in the middle but you get the variety of the harmonica to spice it up. You can experience more of the song and extrapolate what the other band member was doing because you had a chance to play that earlier.

    I know I’m a big fan when they can switch from rhythm guitar to lead and pick and choose the most prominent sounds, as it tends to lead to a more fun to play chart. There’s no denying music has some repetitive aspects, so I say more power to Harmonix when they favor playability in their game over accuracy.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 6
    derekhall said:

    Even if alt-charting is an unequivocally good idea in some songs like The Scientist, but actually bad when a guitar is present yet not played: I think we got the better version of Run-Around as is. We can still get a good feel for the main riff, as it is played quite a bit in the middle but you get the variety of the harmonica to spice it up. You can experience more of the song and extrapolate what the other band member was doing because you had a chance to play that earlier.

    I know I’m a big fan when they can switch from rhythm guitar to lead and pick and choose the most prominent sounds, as it tends to lead to a more fun to play chart. There’s no denying music has some repetitive aspects, so I say more power to Harmonix when they favor playability in their game over accuracy.

    Agree.
    With that said, Run-Arounds second harmonica solo is really rough though LOL. I think i'm going to need 20% speed to know what in the hell I'm supposed to be hitting :D
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    The 2nd harmonica solo basically ruins the song for me. I hate charts where I can play most of it with no problem on expert but then it starts raining skittles and it's basically an exercise in futility at that point.
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited April 6
    Taste the rainbow. All the feed back I’ve heard has been about that 2nd solo.

    Does anybody have a vid? Has anybody Fc’d it?

    Found it. 4play did a fbfc -
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    That’s Keltic for ya
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    If they ever fix the freestyle solos, then less people will be upset about the harmonica solo ruining the song.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Seems like songs these days are too simple for pro players. I wonder if a slider setting that allows players to make the timing window more strict would be challenging for them..?
  • itzJV said:

    Seems like songs these days are too simple for pro players. I wonder if a slider setting that allows players to make the timing window more strict would be challenging for them..?

    DLC has been on the easier side this year though in the past usually some "break your instruments" metal changes the pace.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Shrinking the hit window only makes sense if you are 100% sure that calibration is working correctly.
  • itzJV said:

    Seems like songs these days are too simple for pro players. I wonder if a slider setting that allows players to make the timing window more strict would be challenging for them..?

    DLC has been on the easier side this year though in the past usually some "break your instruments" metal changes the pace.
    I hope so, and I hope it's soon. Preferably during the season, especially since the challenges have all been pretty light on the metal thus far. Even the women week was pretty much just Gimme Chocolate, Visions and a bunch of relatively easy songs. Even the new release for the metal challenge last season was a glam track. Before that was more glam and... Twilight of the Thunder God, I think?

    Feels like we're kinda due some to me. Since 90s stuff seems to be in vogue, how about Cemetery Gates by Pantera? :3
  • First time I bought DLC and then turned off my Xbox (was too tired to play).

    Thanks @Harmonix <3
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 6
    Vexus said:

    itzJV said:

    Seems like songs these days are too simple for pro players. I wonder if a slider setting that allows players to make the timing window more strict would be challenging for them..?

    DLC has been on the easier side this year though in the past usually some "break your instruments" metal changes the pace.
    I hope so, and I hope it's soon. Preferably during the season, especially since the challenges have all been pretty light on the metal thus far. Even the women week was pretty much just Gimme Chocolate, Visions and a bunch of relatively easy songs. Even the new release for the metal challenge last season was a glam track. Before that was more glam and... Twilight of the Thunder God, I think?

    Feels like we're kinda due some to me. Since 90s stuff seems to be in vogue, how about Cemetery Gates by Pantera? :3
    Honestly I'd prefer if the difficult metal 2018 DLC debut was at the same time as HMX providing an update on hardware availability. Pretty sure playing God Damn like 20+ times in September for Season 2 Diamond promotion was part of the reason my first Rivals guitar broke later that month.

    My perfect pick would instead be a middle ground, fun charts but not insanely difficult so like the 10 remaining RBVR songs for example.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yes, need hardware options (guitars), looking bleaker by the month.

    In addition to some metal songs, BRE songs do a number on them too - unless I somehow remember when the ending is coming and am able to switch back from the small frets but too often I am strumming away like a mad-man.
1235
Sign In or Register to comment.