DLC Discussion Thread: Breaking Benjamin and Trivium

HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 4/12: Breaking Benjamin and Trivium!

This week features some great heavy rock, including the debut of Breaking Benjamin’s newest single!

To lead the week, we've got the BRAND NEW track "Torn In Two" from Breaking Benjamin, out with their new album Ember this Friday, April 13th. Breaking Benjamin has seen plenty of success throughout their career, with three platinum records and multiple platinum singles. Ember is poised to be another hit for the band, and with songs like "Torn In Two" supporting it, it's easy to see why. A heavy riff through "Torn In Two" and harmonies as excellent as you'd expect from a Breaking Benjamin song make the song tons of fun to play, perfectly fitting in Rock Band. Ember promises to be heavier than previous releases, which should be a treat for Breaking Benjamin fans and newcomers alike. To top it off, inspired fans can check out Breaking Benjamin live on their US tour, kicking off in Seattle on July 16th. For more information about the album and tour visit Breaking Benjamin's website.

We've also got "The Heart From Your Hate" this week, off of Trivium's latest album The Sin and the Sentence. Reaching #1 on Billboard's Top Hard Rock Albums upon release, The Sin and the Sentence received critical acclaim for being an excellent combination of all Trivium's talents, with songs like "The Heart From Your Hate" cited as album highlights. A great mix of heavy and melodic, “The Heart From Your Hate” flows back and forth on each instrument. The lead guitar line turns into a slow melody in the verse and then chugging chords in the pre-chorus. Drums lean heavily on the bass pedal during the chorus and back off during verses. At the outro, harmonies split into unique backing lines.

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. The Rock Band Rivals Season 5 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $13.49.

• Breaking Benjamin - "Torn In Two" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 5 Spotlight Pass)
  • Trivium - "The Heart From Your Hate"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, April 12th.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Gonna grab both of these. I've been digging Breaking Benjamin's new singles, and the Trivium song also looks rather fun to play. Here's hoping for something off Shogun next time we get Trivium! ;)
  • Disappointed there's still no signs of RBVR songs but maybe next week.

As for the songs themselves, the Trivium song is good and the Breaking Benjamin song sounds good from the preview (the full song doesn't seem to be available until Friday outside of RB).
  • I’ll be honest and say this is a meh week for me.
    Both radio bands and one that every song they do sounds identical to the last they do... bet you can guess.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Not big into either of these, but the people who have been looking for more challenge might get some with Trivium.
  • As for my challenge prediction, a metal challenge (songs sorted under metal and nu-metal) with these spotlights:
    Breaking Benjamin - "Torn in Two"
    Disturbed - "Prayer"
    Avenged Sevenfold - "Afterlife"
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Pass for me, but good for those who enjoy this sort of thing. Kind of funny Rock Band is getting the Breaking Benjamin song before anyone else, though. I know that happened with "Shackler's Revenge" but I can't remember the last time it happened offhand.
  • Neither of these bands were that exciting to me when I saw the thread title, but the previews sound alright and that riff in the Trivium song looks fun, so I'll most likely end up getting them.
  • The FB commenters will still find a way to complain about this.........
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Definite no for me
  • edited April 10
    Best looking pair of songs in weeks! Thank you, Harmonix! <3

I predict an angsty lyrics challenge (not sure how HMX will dress that up though). Spotlights:
    - Breaking Benjamin: "Torn in Two"
    - blink-182: "Adam's Song"
    - The Warning: "Free Falling"

Something like that anyway.

<blockquote class="UserQuote">
    Witticus said:

Not big into either of these, but the people who have been looking for more challenge might get some with Trivium.

We got challenged last week with Blues Traveller. At least with this Trivium song, it looks like a fair challenge.
  • Best DLC in the whole year and first time ever picking both songs (i got the spotlight pass so Trivium i gotta buy) Trivium is what i like more, great to see more of them added!
  • Without hearing either of these yet, I do think it's VERY cool that a song gets "debuted" in RB.. Not sure why there aren't more agreements to do this.. I think there was a Bon Jovi song a couple years ago that got that treatment as well..

Anyway, as a whole - I think Breaking Benjamin is generally okay (I think I have half of their available songs), and Trivium isn't really my thing.. I love hard rock, but we rarely seem to get the bands I'm looking for in this genre, even though I don't think they're really obscure..
  • Not the Trivium song I expected, but it's the Trivium song I really wanted, so I'm good. Glad to see some metal music
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned

I don't know these songs.
    Oh! Because one is brand new. That's a nice get for Harmonix, I would think.

From what i read both songs are pretty new just BB is not out yet.

Two bands i liked this week, i just don't follow their new stuff anymore, i don't think they can be considered metal anymore, i see them as hard rock bands but they still sound good, i'll get them both but who am i kidding i get everything everyweek nowaday as a support to HMX for all the great years we've had and it helps in the weekly challenges to have more songs! And lately we have been getting a lot of great songs so i'm happy!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 10
    @aimsmallmismall Born Again Tomorrow was the last example of a song debuting in RB before it's released elsewhere:
    DLC release - November 3rd 2016
    This House is Not For Sale album release - November 4th 2016 (Born Again Tomorrow was released as a single after the album came out)
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    The Trivium song will be the DLC track that breaks my vow not to buy DLC for $2.99. Would totally have more RB4 songs if they were released for $1.99, but I'll just wait for more sales.

Super stoked to see Trivium coming back though. I'd love to see their older work, and I'd buy anything off of Ascendancy in a heartbeat!
  • YES!! OMG, I love you this week Harmonix! So happy this week; absolutely love both bands, and just yesterday I was saying I need metal this week. Another reason to love Friday the 13th! >:)
  • HMX's model truly is beautiful, at least from a business standpoint. People will have a feeling that at least 1 out of the 52 weeks of the year they'll get their 2 most wanted songs. The rest are a lottery but there's some fun in that. So those that complain about the choices this week look hopeful for the next week and so on and so on.
  • edited April 10
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 10
    Xbox Live Spring DLC sale (15% off), April 10th-17th:
    Otis Redding - "(Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay (Take 2)"
    White Zombie - "Black Sunshine"
    The Grateful Dead - "China Cat Sunflower"
    Dierks Bentley - "Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)"
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    No Doubt - "Hella Good"
    Weezer - "Island in the Sun"
    The Doobie Brothers - "Listen to the Music"
    Blind Melon - "No Rain"
    Luke Bryan - "Rain is a Good Thing"
    The Grateful Dead - "Scarlet Begonias"
    Wolfmother - "Sundial"
    The Neighborhood - "Sweater Weather"
    Ace of Base - "The Sign"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Three Little Birds"
    Imagine Dragons - "Thunder"
    Hall & Oates - "You Make My Dreams"

Note that this is a different DLC sale than the usual 5 songs weekly sales.
  • Breaking Benjamin is the new Disturbed.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    I am VERY HAPPY this week. Been wanting more heavier sounding songs than the usual DLC we've been getting lately. Breaking Benjamin is one of my favorite bands and I've been hoping they'd bring another song from them, new or old. Wish they would've struck a deal and get their new album as DLC, but oh well, a person can dream.

Getting both songs this week. THANK YOU HMX.