DLC Discussion Thread: Breaking Benjamin and Trivium

Comments

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited April 10

HMX's model truly is beautiful, at least from a business standpoint. People will have a feeling that at least 1 out of the 52 weeks of the year they'll get their 2 most wanted songs. The rest are a lottery but there's some fun in that. So those that complain about the choices this week look hopeful for the next week and so on and so on.

What makes this even better IMO is that they don't announce the DLC in advance anymore. I never really liked when they did that as it kind of spoiled the surprise and suspense of looking forward to DLC every week. But, I know people had mixed opinions on that and actually preferred it announced in advance. I just like it this way because it brings me back to that same excited feeling I got back in the RB3 days, waiting for the DLC at 10 AM every Friday.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

HMX's model truly is beautiful, at least from a business standpoint. People will have a feeling that at least 1 out of the 52 weeks of the year they'll get their 2 most wanted songs. The rest are a lottery but there's some fun in that. So those that complain about the choices this week look hopeful for the next week and so on and so on.

What makes this even better IMO is that they don't announce the DLC in advance anymore. I never really liked when they did that as it kind of spoiled the surprise and suspense of looking forward to DLC every week. But, I know people had mixed opinions on that and actually preferred it announced in advance. I just like it this way because it brings me back to that same excited feeling I got back in the RB3 days, waiting for the DLC at 10 AM every Friday.
    Now if only we would get weekly hints in the DLC prediction threads. B)
  • HMX's model truly is beautiful, at least from a business standpoint. People will have a feeling that at least 1 out of the 52 weeks of the year they'll get their 2 most wanted songs. The rest are a lottery but there's some fun in that. So those that complain about the choices this week look hopeful for the next week and so on and so on.

I preferred when there was at least some kind of tease. Whether it be the prediction thread hints most DLC weeks before early 2016, announcing all the artists but not the songs at the beginning of the month or the partial DLC reveal at the beginning of the month.
  • So many good weeks in a row I'm cool with passing on this week.

(Still, wondering what is up with the VR songs....)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    My personal guess: we have been offered all of the RBVR songs as DLC that we ever will be offered.
    I'm even more sure that, whatever the situation is, whatever the explanation, we'll never be told! So we will just be left hanging, forever. Because licensing is hard.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    One of many possible explanations: we were going to get that RBVR pack, but then it was accidentally leaked, and the rights holders got mad and took away permission.

We will never know the details.
  • The songs sound like fun so I'll probably be picking up both... but I can't help but wonder: are the vocals supposed to be so silent on the Breaking Benjamin preview or is the mix at fault? Last time this happened was with Champagne Supernova where we had to wait a couple of weeks to get a new mix that raised the vox volume to acceptable levels.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Love this week dlcs!
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Witticus said:

I’ll be honest and say this is a meh week for me.
    Both radio bands and one that every song they do sounds identical to the last they do... bet you can guess.

Breaking Benjamin weeks are always hard for me to tell apart. Then when people complain its one BB song over another, all I think is, Dude, you’ve got at least 95% of the song you’re requesting this week. The only difference is the 4 chorus words changed, but the incoherent lyrics are still quite intact.
    To go one step further, I played the preview clip and turned away from my screen to work on something and only half paying attention I couldn’t tell when one song clip stopped and the second started...

Oh well... they both sounded unremarkable but alright to me, so guess I’m game.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    BachiG said:

Witticus said:

I’ll be honest and say this is a meh week for me.
    Both radio bands and one that every song they do sounds identical to the last they do... bet you can guess.

Breaking Benjamin weeks are always hard for me to tell apart. Then when people complain its one BB song over another, all I think is, Dude, you’ve got at least 95% of the song you’re requesting this week. The only difference is the 4 chorus words changed, but the incoherent lyrics are still quite intact.
    To go one step further, I played the preview clip and turned away from my screen to work on something and only half paying attention I couldn’t tell when one song clip stopped and the second started...

Oh well... they both sounded unremarkable but alright to me, so guess I’m game.
    Exactly! I heard the preview as I was brushing my teeth and thought to myself "Wow, are we finally getting artist packs again?" Nope...
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    I'll take both
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act

As for my challenge prediction, a metal challenge (songs sorted under metal and nu-metal) with these spotlights:
    Breaking Benjamin - "Torn in Two"
    Disturbed - "Prayer"
    Avenged Sevenfold - "Afterlife"

For a fourth time? Please, no.
  • LeCH24 said:

As for my challenge prediction, a metal challenge (songs sorted under metal and nu-metal) with these spotlights:
    Disturbed - "Prayer"

Honestly the only thing that made me think of a metal challenge was the fact there's been barely any metal in the challenges since the January metal challenge.
  • edited April 10
    uppyb0t said:

Too depressed to speed it up and rock it out.

Not a fan of Doom Metal either, I see.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I’m guessing this weeks challange will contrast last weeks Summer theme with cold songs.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    My sole takeaway from this:

Cool, HMX does still have the ability/pull to get a new-album-new-track.

Maybe next time they’ll be able to do that for an artist I like. As for heavy music coming out this month, A Perfect Circle would have been more up my alley.

CHVRCHES next month, just saying.
  • LeCH24 said:

Disturbed - "Prayer"

Honestly the only thing that made me think of a metal challenge was the fact there's been barely any metal in the challenges since the January metal challenge.
    I don't think it'll be genre specific, but I can definitely see an "angsty" challenge giving quite a few metal options (including the two new songs), along with some pop-punk/emo, nu-metal and assorted sprinklings of other genres.

Problem is that there hasn't been a particular theme this season, apart from maybe the themes being very vague.
  • Xbox Live Spring DLC sale (15% off), April 10th-17th:
    Otis Redding - "(Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay (Take 2)"
    White Zombie - "Black Sunshine"
    The Grateful Dead - "China Cat Sunflower"
    Dierks Bentley - "Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)"
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
    No Doubt - "Hella Good"
    Weezer - "Island in the Sun"
    The Doobie Brothers - "Listen to the Music"
    Blind Melon - "No Rain"
    Luke Bryan - "Rain is a Good Thing"
    The Grateful Dead - "Scarlet Begonias"
    Wolfmother - "Sundial"
    The Neighborhood - "Sweater Weather"
    Ace of Base - "The Sign"
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Three Little Birds"
    Imagine Dragons - "Thunder"
    Hall & Oates - "You Make My Dreams"

Note that this is a different DLC sale than the usual 5 songs weekly sales.

To add to this, the Rivals expansion is also on sale though the offer isn't live yet.

• DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    Great week of dlc, love both bands.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    Would have preferred “Red Cold River” but I’ll still buy anything BB
  • edited April 10
    =Weekly Challenge Theme: Anger-themed=
    - I Hate Everything About You (Three Days Grace)
    - Torn In Two (Breaking Benjamin)
    - Violent Shiver (Benjamin Booker)

I think next week's theme will be Happiness-theme, because it shares one thing in common with Anger (Emotions), just like with the Rainy Day and Sunny Day-theme (Weather). But I could be wrong, too.
  • So....Happy?-Mudvayne
    Happy-Pharrell Williams
    or Make Me Smile-Chicago
    If It Makes You Happy- Sheryl Crow
    (I’m guessing the spotlight pick that week)
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    People looking for a weather-themed clue:

It's going to be music for a thunderstorm.
  • LeCH24 said:

But we just had a rain theme a couple of weeks ago, and that included songs featuring thunder and lighting. For instance, Motörhead's "Thunder and Lightning". Though I guess they could dress it up some other way.

- Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis)

• edited April 10
    Vexus said:

LeCH24 said:

But we just had a rain theme a couple of weeks ago, and that included songs featuring thunder and lighting. For instance, Motörhead's "Thunder and Lightning". Though I guess they could dress it up some other way.

- Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis)

Okay, Okay. I've changed the Legacy DLC Spotlight to I Hate Everything About You by Three Days Grace. Is that any better? :p
  • @FritzyKatz I think the reason against Don't Look Back in Anger is a vocals glitch. Don't know what the glitch is but a few people have quit the vocals spot online because of it.
  • edited April 10

@FritzyKatz I think the reason against Don't Look Back in Anger is a vocals glitch. Don't know what the glitch is but a few people have quit the vocals spot online because of it.

Did you checked this out? This is the person I was replying to saying how overrated Oasis is compared to other Britpop bands.

But thanks to telling me about the glitch on Don't Look Back in Anger. I'll keep that in mind from this point on.
  • @FritzyKatz I think the reason against Don't Look Back in Anger is a vocals glitch. Don't know what the glitch is but a few people have quit the vocals spot online because of it.

I had no idea about that. I just utterly despise Oasis.

So yes, Three Days Grace is a vast improvement!