DLC Discussion Thread: Breaking Benjamin and Trivium

Comments

• 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    I like the Breaking Benjamin song, but does anybody else think the vocals are mixed too low? We obviously can't compare it to the version on their new album until Friday, but it just sounds off.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    I'm getting both songs this week. Looks like fun!
  • @FritzyKatz @grumblevolcano So I did some poking around and found this video. Basically, the vocalist got an FC and the game didn't recognise it as such.

• EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    Vexus said:

@FritzyKatz @grumblevolcano So I did some poking around and found this video. Basically, the vocalist got an FC and the game didn't recognise it as such.

I had the exact same thing happen to me several times this week on Friday I'm in Love. I can watch each phrase get rated as "Awesome" but also see the score drop on the crowd meter.
  • Not a fan but I do appreciate the change of pace from the barrage of 90s music. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for some 70s and 80s love.
  • Pleasantly surprised by the Trivium song. Definitely picking that up.

Wasn't feeling the Breaking Benjamin track on first listen. I'll give it another go and then make a decision on that. I generally like BB, especially in RB (I see not many others do though :p ).
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    edited April 11
    KidSleez said:

Pleasantly surprised by the Trivium song. Definitely picking that up.

Wasn't feeling the Breaking Benjamin track on first listen. I'll give it another go and then make a decision on that. I generally like BB, especially in RB (I see not many others do though :p ).

Kind of surprised me a little, I have all the BB songs available and they're all quite fun on every instrument & the fact that we get a pre-album release of a brand new song to debut on RB is AWESOME!!!!!! Doesn't happen often, Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue was one of those that debuted on RB too & if I remember correctly the forums & HMX were very excited about it
  • meck77 said:

KidSleez said:

Kind of surprised me a little, I have all the BB songs available and they're all quite fun on every instrument & the fact that we get a pre-album release of a brand new song to debut on RB is AWESOME!!!!!! Doesn't happen often, Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue was one of those that debuted on RB too
    Agree that BB songs are pretty fun to play. Also, they are chosen quite a bit when I play online. I obviously don't have any official tallies, but they've probably moved to the top of the most selected songs during my online experiences.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    meck77 said:

KidSleez said:

Kind of surprised me a little, I have all the BB songs available and they're all quite fun on every instrument & the fact that we get a pre-album release of a brand new song to debut on RB is AWESOME!!!!!! Doesn't happen often, Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue was one of those that debuted on RB too & if I remember correctly the forums & HMX were very excited about it
    They were more common in the early days, but are far rarer these days. Many times packs were released around the time of a new album, so we could get a good mix of old and new. The Chili Peppers pack and the first Aerosmith are great examples of this. In the Rock Band 4 era the Bon Jovi single and this Breaking Benjamin single are the only ones I can think of of same week releases. I'm sure there's more, so don't hold me to it.
  • Buying both...twice! :D Thanks @Harmonix <3 :)
  • Looking back, Breaking Benjamin album promotion in RB has happened for every studio album since RB has been around:
    - Dear Agony (released September 29th 2009) -> Breaking Benjamin 01 (I Will Not Bow, The Diary of Jane, So Cold) released the same day, I Will Not Bow is from Dear Agony
    - Dark Before Dawn (released June 23rd 2015) -> On the same day the Amazon RB4 preorder songs were announced which included Failure
    - Ember (releasing April 13th 2018) -> The day before Torn in Two is releasing as DLC

As for the other DLC pack (Breath, Until the End, Sooner or Later), that came a few months after the greatest hits album Shallow Bay was released.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Closer were Bruno Mars' "24K Magic" which released as RB DLC 4 days after the album dropped, and The Weeknd's "Starboy", which released as DLC a week after the album was released. (Different slightly due to them being released as singles some time before their respective albums, but still).
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 11
    If we count singles before albums... Check how long we had Beck’s ‘Dreams’ as rb dlc before its first appearance in an album came out.

Slightly less impressive is Rush’s ‘Caravan’.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    We actually got Charlie Puth's "Attention" in 2017, but with the metadata saying it was a 2018 song :open_mouth:

(Single released April 2017, RB DLC on December 2017, album will release on May 2018)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 11
    SIEE has a sale:

Rivals bundle (I think that's what the RB4 bundle is?), Rivals expansion and RB3 export.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    A sale on the export seems ... odd. Is there expected to be people who were holding out on buying the export in hope the price would drop?
  • One thing I've been wondering, did the HMX team get to listen to the entirety of Ember early or just Torn in Two?
  • If we count singles before albums... Check how long we had Beck’s ‘Dreams’ as rb dlc before its first appearance in an album came out.

Slightly less impressive is Rush’s ‘Caravan’.

Dunno about the Beck song, but the version of Caravan RB got is different to the one that ended up on Clockwork Angels. The biggest difference is a vocal in the outro that's not present in RB.
  • On another note, The Heart From Your Hate is the first devil tiered guitar song since November's Twilight of the Thunder God.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

On another note, The Heart From Your Hate is the first devil tiered guitar song since November's Twilight of the Thunder God.

Looking at a video of it, it seems maybe a little overtiered? Still looks really fun, just seems more 5-dot material for me, as opposed to devil tiers.
  • On another note, The Heart From Your Hate is the first devil tiered guitar song since November's Twilight of the Thunder God.

Looking at a video of it, it seems maybe a little overtiered? Still looks really fun, just seems more 5-dot material for me, as opposed to devil tiers.
    Yeah, Run-Around is definitely more worthy of devil tier.
  • I'm sure the solo(s?) in the Trivium song is/are what earns it devils.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 12

I'm sure the solo(s?) in the Trivium song is/are what earns it devils.

The solo actually didn't look too much harder than the chorus riff (and in fact, were actually rather similar). Only thing is some faster triplets, but even then they didn't look like they warranted the devil tier.

EDIT: After having played it, I can confirm this. I can see it maybe being a high five-dot, but devils seems a little much. It's still hella fun, though!
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Nothing for me this week, but that's ok. Seems like there's a good amount of people excited for these songs/bands.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star

I like the Breaking Benjamin song, but does anybody else think the vocals are mixed too low? We obviously can't compare it to the version on their new album until Friday, but it just sounds off.

In the music video, the vocals are mixed much more prominently.
    https://youtu.be/sn3Ct2_L4OA
  • Lovely week! Out of curiosity, a few weeks ago I started listening to the previews of the new BB album on iTunes, and I was pleasantly surprised! Would've preferred 'Feed the Wolf,' but a new song from the same album definitely comes as a nice surprise. The Trivium song sounds rather nice too, though they've never been a personal favorite metal band, especially in terms of modern metal music, and they often come off as weaker to me in comparison to other artists.

If we do get some more recent metal though, I would adore some Vektor, Havok, Toxic Holocaust, stuff to really shake up the mostly '90/Aughts pop and alternative stuff we get every other or every few weeks.