DLC Discussion Thread: Culture Club and Status Quo!

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Nice, didn’t think we’d see Status Quo during this era of Rock Band! I’m a pretty big fan of both these songs, I’m getting both
  • Yes! Pictures of matchstick men is one of my all time favorite songs, i am totally blown away that its coming to rock band! Am not to fussed about karma chameleon though but i will get it for rock band parties.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I really like the song, great riff and have heard it and covers of it even if I was not really familiar with the name Status Quo. Don’t love the vocals (faux-Beatles) but still a cool song.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 2018
    djb5f1 said:

Don’t love the vocals (faux-Beatles)

That's a lot more a case of "The Beatles temporarily adopted a vocal style similar to the psychedelic folk-pop acts of the era" than "The psychedelic folk-pop acts were imitating The Beatles".

Or if you prefer, "This band's vocals sound like they're imitating the same artists The Beatles were imitating".
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Not gonna lie, never heard of Staus Quo despitr being described as “having over 60 hits!” It does look vey fun though.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yeah, meant to word it that I am not a huge fan of the Beatles vocals either no matter who influenced who.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    Matchstick Men, what a pleasant surprise. ranked among the songs I would have never thought of. Getting for sure.
    Karma Chameleon is certainly a wish lister, maybe buy right away if the wife sees its available
  • @Witticus That number of hits is for the UK, the US number is 1 (Pictures of Matchstick Men).
  • Congratulations to the first 1960s song of being in a Season Pass. Now all of the decades has been repped. :)

=Weekly Challenge theme: Going Back In Time (Play songs from 1950s-1980s)=
    - Pictures of Matchstick Men (Status Quo)
    - The Reflex (Duran Duran)
    - The Seeker (The Who)
  • I have listened to the Camper Van Beethoven version more (did Cracker do a studio version too, or does David Lowery just love the song?), but I'm excited to get some more psychedelia in Rock Band. I'm also up for some Karma Chameleon, fillin' in the blanks and getting some variety into the pass. No complaints, you keep doing what you're doing, Harmonix.
  • We still need John Lennon's "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)" to fill out the thematic spotlight trio.

Meanwhile we had the perfect complement on the Rock Band Network, but now Geronimo Jackson's Dharma Lady's unstuck from time.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I thought the point of the Spotlight Pass was to get you awesome songs, not "the lesser of the two offered that week". Maybe I'm just not remembering how Passes worked in the, uh, past. In any case I passed on this pass.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

I thought the point of the Spotlight Pass was to get you awesome songs, not "the lesser of the two offered that week". Maybe I'm just not remembering how Passes worked in the, uh, past. In any case I passed on this pass.

The number of people who actually wanted "Down In A Hole" more than "Them Bones" must have been less than 10%.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited April 2018
    HMXOwl said:

Classic Schmosby! B)
  • So one from my Ultimate Setlist thread and one I was planning to put in said thread down the line. THIS IS AWFUL I'M BURNING MY JAGUAR.

No, but I'm obviously getting both!
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

Heard the SL song but can't say it would have purchased it otherwise.

Status Luo?
    SL = SpotLight. Perhaps I should use SLP song in the future.
  • biversonbiverson Unsigned
    I am so excited for Matchstick Men! I had requested the Camper Van Beethoven cover of the song, but never thought that the Status Quo version would be a possibility. I guess this means that if we get Camper Van Beethoven (we already have Cracker, so it seems possible) it will be something else which is more than fine with me.
  • We all know the Facebook comments already...

But LOVE THIS WEEK!!!
  • My challenge prediction is revisiting the UK challenge from last year with these spotlights:
    Status Quo - "Pictures of Matchstick Men"
    Arctic Monkeys - "Arabella"
    The Hunna - "You & Me"
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Witticus said:

I'm wondering how many requests Rock Band got for Karma Chameleon after Karma Police came out?

Kamelot - Karma confirmed!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited April 2018

Heard the SL song but can't say it would have purchased it otherwise.

Status Luo?
    SL = SpotLight. Perhaps I should use SLP song in the future.
    I use SP for spotlight pass

Kinda wish it was karma chameleon in the SP but this way HMX gets more money from me, i have the season pass and i will definitely get culture club as it is on my wish list since we've had do you really want to hurt me, now off to the request page for I'll Tumble 4 Ya! Also gotta say, from my personnal genre of music, this season pass is on the weak side but i still enjoy most of it.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

My challenge prediction is revisiting the UK challenge from last year with these spotlights:
    The Hunna - "You & Me"

Do we have enough songs about fire yet?
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

My challenge prediction is revisiting the UK challenge from last year with these spotlights:
    The Hunna - "You & Me"

Two years later and I still maintain the RB4 setlist was some sort of fire conspiracy.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    BaronRob said:

Witticus said:

The Hunna - "You & Me"

The Cult says no.
    Maybe add in the Prodigy Firestarter or some Arcade Fire.