DLC Discussion Thread: Culture Club and Status Quo!

Comments

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star

So maybe there'll be a DLC increase once SIEA and SIEE entitlements are fixed.

Again, your optimism is nice.
    I’d like to think that’s the case as well.

Harmonix has obviously got other songs licensed and ready to go (the few singles that were released by mistake on the AU PSN Store for example), so who knows what else they have ready to go when needed.

Maybe they are just concentrating on completing the legacy/delisted songs for SIEA and SIEE users.

Hopefully we’ll find out soon when all the fixes are done (crossing fingers, toes and everything else).
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    I bet their focus is on secret projects. There's no way they don't have something secret, probably non-Rock Band related in the works. The last thing they released was DropMix with nothing else announced on the horizon, and we know they're always internally testing new projects. Maybe something new for the Switch since that seems like a hot platform for indie devs atm and they ported Beat Sports there not toon long ago.

Unfortunately I'm of the mindset that whenever they're done doing whatever they're currently doing the focus is probably not returning to Rock Band, but it is nice we're still getting weekly music in the background of what ever else they're doing.

If we get news of another Rivals-sized expansion this year I would lose my mind but I really am not expecting it.
  • There are no instruments available for the game.

Guitars are readily available on Amazon.

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Harmonix is a tiny company now. Yes, I can totally believe that they are focused on DropMix now, as demonstrated at PAX East.

Things they haven't said, not for years:

"Sorry for the reduced DLC, it's only temporary"
    "We have something huge in development, no details yet!"
    "We are hiring!"

You are indeed full of optimism if you're just going to assume that this is a temporary lull and that they have a good excuse for it and just aren't bothering to talk or hint about the situation at all.

My version of "optimism" is to assume that we keep getting 2 new songs a week, and that we'll keep getting offered a Spotlight Pass every 8 weeks or so. With new accessories to put on your in-game character, based on how well your crew does during the 8 week season? Plus regular patches to Rivals [but no more major additions, like more character body types to choose from]. And maybe we get more free song packs from little-known but talented artists, once or twice a year.
  • Harmonix is a tiny company now. Yes, I can totally believe that they are focused on DropMix now, as demonstrated at PAX East.

Things they haven't said, not for years:

"Sorry for the reduced DLC, it's only temporary"
    "We have something huge in development, no details yet!"
    "We are hiring!"

You are indeed full of optimism if you're just going to assume that this is a temporary lull and that they have a good excuse for it and just aren't bothering to talk or hint about the situation at all.

My version of "optimism" is to assume that we keep getting 2 new songs a week, and that we'll keep getting offered a Spotlight Pass every 8 weeks or so. With new accessories to put on your in-game character, based on how well your crew does during the 8 week season? Plus regular patches to Rivals [but no more major additions, like more character body types to choose from]. And maybe we get more free song packs from little-known but talented artists, once or twice a year.

I think they actually are hiring at the moment. Thought I saw that on one of these forum pages. I don't think that has any great meaning though.
  • Which departament does the charting?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    You hiring for a shark based spinoff game?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Wildcat15 said:

Which departament does the charting?

Audio, I believe. There may be a separate charting department.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

And we’ve already established that difficulty tiering is handled by the department of darts and dartboards.

I used to play on a dart league. Where do I punch in?