RB4 (Xbox) Legacy adapter stopped working properly

After not using the adapter for a while, I wanted to play again, but the guitars wouldn't register in game anymore.

The lights were on in the box thingy and the green Xbox button were lighting up on the guitars, but not registering in the game itself.

What could be the problem? Is there no way to get a new one perhaps?

Comments

• dinomandinoman Rising Star
    Anyone?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Have you tried un/replugging the legacy adapter from the Xbox? Those lights suggest that there's a handshake going on between the adapter itself and the guitar, but it doesn't guarantee that the adapter itself is properly registered on your Xbox.

You mentioned that the guitars don't register in-game, but do they work at the dashboard?
    Yeah, no. They do not work at all on the console... But since all lights that should be on is on, isn't it supposed to work?

I've tried unplugging stuff and done a few hard turn-offs of the console, but it doesn't seem to work... Tried all my available wireless guitars (I can't test it on another console either since every one i know has a ps4, lol. )
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Lights on means the adapter is getting power. While I haven't tried it myself, ten gets you twenty that if you plugged the adapter into a USB charger the lights would also go on and the guitar would be able to connect to the adapter anyway, even though it doesn't go into an Xbox.

If you get the chance to try THAT and it works, maybe swap out the USB cable? Be careful, as I understand the legacy adapter MicroUSB ports are on the weak side, but it could be a problem with that part.
    Thanks Loopy, i'll try
  • Not that it fixes your adapter, just mentioning that the legacy adapter is on sale at amazon for 15 bucks, so if yours stopped working, you can still find one. Also Amazon has mad katz guitars for 50, so you can rock without the adapter, again not a huge help if you need to fix without spending cash.

I only use my adapter now for a rb2 drumset as I upgraded my guitars to jags, but mine will on occasion need me to hit glowing green button, go to xbox homepage and then back to game if the instrument disappears in game. I then hit start, and stay in game for rest of my session, so it doesn't disappear again. If you can't get back to home screen, I really don't have more to offer as advice.