The Beatles

Such a great game! Any chance Rockband Beatles will be backwards compatible or a port version for current consoles?

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    They've said that it'll never be backwards compatible. In terms of a port, I'd say the odds are a million to one.

It is a truly fantastic game though, and I'd love to get to play it again someday (all of my 360 instruments have broken).
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Sadly, I think the likelihood of a modern port is fairly minimal, with the rights to the DLC long since disappeared and the plastic-instrument phenomenon a shadow of itself from a decade ago. I would love for it to come out but I cannot imagine it being a thing.

As for BC, Microsoft discounted any BC for games requiring non-standard controllers (including Kinect), leaving any RB title (but Blitz) behind.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I'm pretty sure a port of Beatles Rock Band would mean having to relicense all of the music at this point. The DLC rights all expired, I'd imagine any chance of an export was probably in the same window.
    LoopyChew said:

Sadly, I think the likelihood of a modern port is fairly minimal, with the rights to the DLC long since disappeared and the plastic-instrument phenomenon a shadow of itself from a decade ago. I would love for it to come out but I cannot imagine it being a thing.

As for BC, Microsoft discounted any BC for games requiring non-standard controllers (including Kinect), leaving any RB title (but Blitz) behind.

And even with Blitz, that game was designed to read last gen Rock Band song files. RB4 uses a new song file format that Blitz (presumably) wouldn't be able to read.
  • tdc002 said:

I'm pretty sure a port of Beatles Rock Band would mean having to relicense all of the music at this point. The DLC rights all expired, I'd imagine any chance of an export was probably in the same window.

LoopyChew said:

And even with Blitz, that game was designed to read last gen Rock Band song files. RB4 uses a new song file format that Blitz (presumably) wouldn't be able to read.
    If it became BC we would only get to play songs available on the 360/PS3. That would be cool to have but we need a new Blitz so we could play new DLC plus all of those RB3 songs we never got to play. That's why it seems like if we ever got a new Blitz it would be an expansion so it would still be under RB4 so we could be able to play every song.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited April 18
    Yeah, Blitz could still theoretically work by letting you download RB3 DLC within its shell. I don't know why they made the old Pinball FX game backwards compatible when the sequel runs natively on Xbox One, for example, but you can still download the 360-era DLC tables within the old BC version of the game.

I suspect Blitz could work the same, though I'd expect people would be confused and grumpy about how it works, so it's pretty unsurprising that they haven't done it.
  • Also, Blitz has 4,000+ add-ons and Pinball FX2 has...9, I think.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Pinball FX3 plays the old Zen Pinball 2 (PS3/PS4) tables. Think there are 60+.
  • edited April 18
    djb5f1 said:

Pinball FX3 plays the old Zen Pinball 2 (PS3/PS4) tables. Think there are 60+.

Right, but that's Crossbuy, that is not 360 emulation for BC purposes. Also, tables are usually if not always pack-only, so 60+ tables is not 60+ store products.